The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"John gets stung by sea urchin."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Punkin 244 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

03-12-02, 09:53 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Punkin Click to send private message to Punkin Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"John gets stung by sea urchin."
This morning as I was driving to work in the San Francisco Bay Area I was listening to the morning DJ on KBLX radio. He had a story about S4 as his entertainment news. Basically he said that John gets stung by a sea urchin and the survivors know urine will help ease the stinging. A male survivor offers to help but has performance anxiety in front of the cameras and then a female tribe member comes forward to help him out with her urine. I have no idea how reliable this information is, but thought I'd share it for whatever use it may be. He said that the urine did work, so maybe John will heal in time for the challenges.

"That's all I have to say"

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: John gets stung by sea urchin. izaown 03-12-02 1
   RE: John gets stung by sea urchin. wendyp 03-12-02 2
       RE: John gets stung by sea urchin. Lexi 03-12-02 3
           RE: John gets stung by sea urchin. bigtomshouldhavewon 03-12-02 4
               RE: John gets stung by sea urchin. TheWanderer 03-12-02 6
                   RE: John gets stung by sea urchin. KevMo 03-12-02 14
           RE: John gets stung by sea urchin. George Tirebiter 03-12-02 8
       RE: John gets stung by sea urchin. GTmike 03-12-02 12
           RE: John gets stung by sea urchin. Ogachu 03-12-02 17
   RE: Neleh nickname Ogachu 03-12-02 7
       RE: Neleh nickname George Tirebiter 03-12-02 9
           RE: Neleh nickname Ogachu 03-12-02 10
           RE: Neleh nickname TheWanderer 03-12-02 19
               RE: Neleh nickname Ogachu 03-12-02 21
       RE: Neleh nickname SurvivinDawg 03-12-02 11
           RE: Neleh nickname cowboyroo 03-12-02 16
               RE: Neleh nickname ItzLisa 03-12-02 18
 RE: John gets stung by sea urchin. Cin 03-12-02 5
   RE: John gets stung by sea urchin. managerr 03-12-02 13
       RE: John gets stung by sea urchin. Lexi 03-12-02 15
       RE: John gets stung by sea urchin. George Tirebiter 03-12-02 20
 RE: John gets stung by sea urchin. GTmike 03-13-02 22

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

izaown 3 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

03-12-02, 10:07 AM (EST)
Click to EMail izaown Click to send private message to izaown Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: John gets stung by sea urchin."
Found this on most popular Yahoo! news.

'SURVIVOR' WHIZ KID
Tue Mar 12, 3:53 AM ET
By DON KAPLAN

'SURVIVOR' is wrestling with a taste problem in this week's episode: How much do they show of a home-remedy for sea urchin bites?

The remedy? Human urine, applied directly.

In the scene, a female castaway urinates on a male teammate's hand to relieve the severe pain from a sea urchin sting.

"It's amusingly shocking," a source who has seen the uncut tape told The Post.

Since "Survivor" airs at 8 p.m. - the so-called "family hour" - the network is trying to devise a creative solution to include the scene.

This week and next, the show is bumped from its regular Thursday night slot and air on Wednesday instead.

Before they were left on the remote South Pacific island of Nuku Hiva, contestants received first-aid training. Among the tips was that urine is the best painkiller for a sea urchin sting.

The contestant got stung while he was attempting to spear fish. When he emerged from the surf in obvious pain, a male survivor was the first to reach him and attempted to provide the proper treatment, says a source who saw the tape.

But the male rescuer suffered what the source described as "stage-fright," perhaps because of the presence of the show's cameras.

Quickly, a female castaway dropped her shorts and did as the contestants had been instructed in first aid.

"You can see on his face how quickly his pain goes away," says the source.

CBS officials declined to comment.

wendyp 2081 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

03-12-02, 10:43 AM (EST)
Click to EMail wendyp Click to send private message to wendyp Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: John gets stung by sea urchin."
Okay who do we think the female is? Kathy is always wanting recognition for doing something great. but I have a feeling it may be Zoe. Only because being a captian on a boat she knows that sometimes you may have to put modesty aside to help one.

But then again we could be missing the obvoius and it is Tammy ala her confessional about things changing.

I think the female that help may show they are willing to do what it takes for the team so she may be safe for an episode or two.

Lexi 27 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

03-12-02, 10:53 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Lexi Click to send private message to Lexi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: John gets stung by sea urchin."
Why can't he just pee on his own hand? It's not like the sting is in a place he can't reach.

bigtomshouldhavewon 20 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

03-12-02, 11:15 AM (EST)
Click to EMail bigtomshouldhavewon Click to send private message to bigtomshouldhavewon Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: John gets stung by sea urchin."
Compuserve news had basically the same story. I also agree that it might be Zoe. Dosen't seem to be the kind of thing Kathy might do.

TheWanderer 267 desperate attention whore postings

03-12-02, 11:36 AM (EST)
Click to EMail TheWanderer Click to send private message to TheWanderer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: John gets stung by sea urchin."
LAST EDITED ON 03-12-02 AT 11:37 AM (EST)

But wouldn't Kathy just love the opportunity to literally piss on John?

KevMo 34 desperate attention whore postings

03-12-02, 03:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail KevMo Click to send private message to KevMo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: John gets stung by sea urchin."
LAST EDITED ON 03-12-02 AT 03:24 PM (EST)

uhhh....

Frankly I think I'd take Urchin pain over the deep psychological scars I'd be likely to endure if I had to watch Kathy drop her drawers and pee on me all the while explaining the process to me like I was a three year old.

"Now Kevin, I'm well hydrated since I'm always certain to consume water throughout the day, thus my body produces urine which will ease the pain of that Urchin sting. Let me just take my pants off....blah....blah...

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.......................

George Tirebiter 2982 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

03-12-02, 12:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail George%20Tirebiter Click to send private message to George%20Tirebiter Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: John gets stung by sea urchin."
>Why can't he just pee on his own hand? It's not like the sting is in a place he can't reach.

I just read the same article on the NY Post site, thanks to a nudge in that direction. It says that the first male to attempt the "cure" suffered "stage fright"--performance anxiety. Maybe this is something men are more prone to than women? (All I know is, when my pants are down and I've assumed the position, NOTHING--including an audience--is going to interfere. . . maybe standing up leaves more room for debate?)

Perhaps this is Kathy's opportunity to endear herself to her tribemates. . . She certainly looks to be the type who'd have no trouble getting 'down-home" like this.

GT

GTmike 1255 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

03-12-02, 02:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail GTmike Click to send private message to GTmike Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: John gets stung by sea urchin."
I think that the girl who helps John out could be Kathy. There is a clip somewhere for this episode where they show John giving Kathy a kiss on the cheek. Could he be nice to her b/c she helps him out with his situation?
This could also answer the "mutual admiration" clue. I would think that their attitudes for each other would be different after exposing themselves to each other like that. For the first two episodes, they have shown repeated clips of John and Kathy at odds with each other through confessional clips, ie. Kathy finds food, then comes John's confessional stating that he wants to be the provider. Their attitudes could be better towards each other. Plus if Kathy helps out John, this could put Kathy in a better light and may keep her from being the first Rotu boot if they go to TC.

Just another log to put on the spoiler fire.

P.S. the sweet "pea" possibility is really funny

Ogachu 58 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

03-12-02, 04:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Ogachu Click to send private message to Ogachu Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: John gets stung by sea urchin."
> I
>think that the girl who
>helps John out could be
>Kathy. There is a
>clip somewhere for this episode
>where they show John giving
>Kathy a kiss on the
>cheek. Could he be
>nice to her b/c she
>helps him out with his
>situation?

Is it John or Robert that Kathy is kissing??? I thought it looked more like Robert.

03-12-02, 12:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Ogachu Click to send private message to Ogachu Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Neleh nickname"
Maybe that's why everyone starts calling her "Sweet Pea"...lol

Gross, I know...but maybe.

03-12-02, 01:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail George%20Tirebiter Click to send private message to George%20Tirebiter Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Neleh nickname"
LAST EDITED ON 03-12-02 AT 02:35 PM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 03-12-02 AT 01:09 PM (EST)

>Maybe that's why everyone starts calling her "Sweet Pea"...
OMG--Sweet PEE. . . When I saw the promos last night (on EVERY commercial break, BTW. . .) I was so irritated by Neleh's cutesy demeanor when she said that, but this really strikes me as a likely rationale for the nickname AND her insipid, giggly clip. Could be a great observation, Ogachu!

GT

Edited to tack on the question of whether or not this selfless act could be the root of the "mutual admiration/close bond between two unlikely castaways. . ." teaser from the promos.

03-12-02, 01:12 PM (EST)
10. "RE: Neleh nickname"
LAST EDITED ON 03-12-02 AT 01:13 PM (EST)

I know...when I saw the promo I was like..."so what" "this is important, why??" This could be the significance in showing it in the preview.

I agree about why didn't he just pee on himself. Unless the pain is too great for him to do anything.

TheWanderer 267 desperate attention whore postings

03-12-02, 04:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail TheWanderer Click to send private message to TheWanderer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Neleh nickname"
Come to think of it, this may be right on!
It's just difficult to believe that Neleh would be the one to drop her drawers.

BTW... for those of us who are not familiar with the language, could you please provide an English translation for Ogachu, et al.? Thanks!

03-12-02, 05:14 PM (EST)
21. "RE: Neleh nickname"
>Come to think of it, this
>may be right on!
>It's just difficult to believe that
>Neleh would be the one
>to drop her drawers.

IMO, It was hard to believe that she would beat Rob last week in the gross food challenge, too. Maybe there's a lot more to her than we've seen to date.

>BTW... for those of us who
>are not familiar with the
>language, could you please provide
>an English translation for Ogachu,
>et al.? Thanks!

What language??? Are you inquiring as to what Ogachu means?

SurvivinDawg 6816 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-12-02, 02:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivinDawg Click to send private message to SurvivinDawg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Neleh nickname"
Ogachu! Yoi! Tahenyoi!

You may have hit that one out of the park!

*** Contradictions don't exist. If you are faced with a contradiction, check your premises. You will find that one of them is wrong. -- Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

cowboyroo 590 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

03-12-02, 03:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cowboyroo Click to send private message to cowboyroo Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Neleh nickname"
EXCELLENT find Ogachu. Makes perfect sense!

ItzLisa 3350 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

03-12-02, 04:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ItzLisa Click to send private message to ItzLisa Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Neleh nickname"
Nice find! Could also explain the speculation in another thread about two tribemates who form an unlikely mutual admiration with each other!

Visit BlossomArt's Ebay Page!

"This is a check made out to you, the Beatles, for $3,000 - you divide it up any way you want. If you want to give Ringo less, it's up to you." (SNL's Lorne Michaels, April 1976)

Cin 843 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

03-12-02, 11:32 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Cin Click to send private message to Cin Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: John gets stung by sea urchin."
LAST EDITED ON 03-12-02 AT 11:36 AM (EST)

Nothing to see here, move on!

for some reason I didn't see any of the responses the first time I opened this thread. I posted the same yahoo artical

Cin

managerr 1959 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

03-12-02, 03:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail managerr Click to send private message to managerr Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: John gets stung by sea urchin."
"stung by a sea urchins" You don't really get stung by them, if you're not careful where you're grabbing you can get poked though.

Even so, from what I remember about marine biology, most sea urchins aren't poisonous and wouldn't require urination. I believe the only ones that are the long spined ones--but you wouldn't find those anywhere close to the reef.

I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong. Are you sure they don't mean jellyfish or portugese man-o-war?

Lexi 27 desperate attention whore postings

03-12-02, 03:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Lexi Click to send private message to Lexi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: John gets stung by sea urchin."
I've been stung or poked or whatever you want to call it by a sea urchin and it hurts like a motherf*&er. Don't really know about where they like to hide, but the one that got me was around a bunch of rocks I was climbing on.

03-12-02, 04:46 PM (EST)
20. "RE: John gets stung by sea urchin."
> Are you sure they don't mean jellyfish or portugese man-o-war?
managerr--in last week's episode, they were seen harvesting critters from the tidal pool--INCLUDING AT LEAST ONE SEA URCHIN! As I recall, they speared that one.

And yes--they do sting like hell, as those spines have a defensive toxin on the barbs.

GT

reporting from the Gulf Coast of FL--Land of the Gruesome Sea Critters (just waiting to see them ponder eating a sea cucumber. . . )

GTmike 1255 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

03-13-02, 01:42 AM (EST)
Click to EMail GTmike Click to send private message to GTmike Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: John gets stung by sea urchin."
O.k. please don't kill me (flame) for this speculation. On David Letterman tonight (Tue. night) he was joking about how Survivor has gone to a new low to show someone peeing on someone else. When he was joking about this though, he said that the person peed on the other person's FOOT. I remember him saying foot b/c I was suprised to hear him say foot after having read the hand articles and posts today (Tue.). Please tell me that someone else heard this on Letterman.

It could explain why Robert gives Kathy a kiss.

Patricia was just on Craig Kilborn and there was absolutely NO spoiler info in there.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •