The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"IHow about a veto change?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Big Brother Fanatic Forum (Protected)
Original message

tearantz 22 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

08-01-03, 10:13 AM (EST)
Click to EMail tearantz Click to send private message to tearantz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"IHow about a veto change?"
Has anyone any thoughts about a change in the use of the veto?
What if only the HOH and the two voted for elimination
could compete for the veto.This way there wouldn't be any
one declining to use the power of the veto except the HOH.
OR
Everyone competes for veto and if you win and you don't want to use it ,then you could bank it for use at some other time. So in the case of Nathan,would he have used the veto to save Ali or bank it for himself?
OR
Is everyone happy with the status quo?

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: IHow about a veto change? Survivorerist 08-01-03 1
 RE: IHow about a veto change? ejm92 08-01-03 2
   RE: IHow about a veto change? justinsmom 08-01-03 3
       RE: IHow about a veto change? IreneMcGee 08-01-03 4

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Survivorerist 4103 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

08-01-03, 12:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Survivorerist Click to send private message to Survivorerist Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: IHow about a veto change?"
I like it the way it is. The reason why I would have a problem with both of your alternatives is simple; it undermines the importance of being HOH. The more powerful you make Veto, the less important being HOH becomes. Basically, the focus of strategy in the house wouldn't be winning HOH to keep yourself safe, but winning enough vetos to save yourself if you need it. This would also lead to fewer alliances, which I find to be a very interesting part of the game.

ejm92 2221 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

08-01-03, 02:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ejm92 Click to send private message to ejm92 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: IHow about a veto change?"
I'm extremely disappointed with the whole show alltogether this season, but one thing I do like is the Veto system.....they should keep things the way it is. I do however wish that the HOH and Veto competitions were a little more challenging.....seems to be a piece of cake, seriously I don't have a clue how people manage to perform so poorly in them. They're stuck in a house for a few months with nothing else to do and they know that usually about 75% of the HOH competitions have to do with memorizing events that happen in the house...why not memorize some???

Survior 5 Anti-Bootee Champ, Survivor 6 Anti-Bootee Chump

justinsmom 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

08-01-03, 04:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail justinsmom Click to send private message to justinsmom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: IHow about a veto change?"
I think it would be interesting if the person who won the veto got to choose the replacement for the person they save. What is it with everyone doing what the HOH wants this year?

IreneMcGee 166 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

08-01-03, 08:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail IreneMcGee Click to send private message to IreneMcGee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: IHow about a veto change?"
the only change I would make is to actually allow the golden POV holder to be put up on the block if they took someone off
that way they'd REALLy have to calculate using it or not

I realize in many cases this would mean a guaranteed nomination if you used the POV, but in other cases, where alliances played heavily, it could be interesting as a gamble

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •