The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Are there limits/rules to the S.O.S. challenge?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

TheWanderer 267 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

03-11-02, 02:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail TheWanderer Click to send private message to TheWanderer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Are there limits/rules to the S.O.S. challenge?"
Is anyone familiar enough with the S.O.S. challenge to know if there are certain rules regarding what can and/or cannot be used?
The reason I ask, is that in some other threads, there is refernce to the possibility that MB may put in a "fix" to that challenge so that the Mara's win.

As explained by JP in previous S.O.S. challenges, the tribe that attracts the most attention, will be the one who wins. If there are no limitations, one (or both tribes) could have a really "smokey" fire. That atracts attention.
Since no one in either tribe brought paints like Mamma Kim in S3, the only person that brought something that would attract attention is Paschal... he brought a large American flag.

Thoughts anyone?

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Are there limits/rules to the S... SurvivinDawg 03-11-02 1
 RE: Are there limits/rules to the S... zeako 03-11-02 2
 RE: Are there limits/rules to the S... tribephyl 03-11-02 3
 RE: Are there limits/rules to the S... wildchickenhunter 03-11-02 4
   RE: Are there limits/rules to the S... jkokoj 03-11-02 5
       RE: Are there limits/rules to the S... TheWanderer 03-11-02 6
       RE: Are there limits/rules to the S... erikman 03-12-02 7
 RE: Are there limits/rules to the S... dabo 03-12-02 8

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

SurvivinDawg 6816 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-11-02, 02:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivinDawg Click to send private message to SurvivinDawg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Are there limits/rules to the S.O.S. challenge?"
First: I think someone did bring some paints, but I'm feeling too lazy at this moment to go look.

Second: Are we sure that there is going to be an S.O.S. challenge in Survivor IV???

Third: A fix? MB? Perish forbid the thought!

*** Contradictions don't exist. If you are faced with a contradiction, check your premises. You will find that one of them is wrong. -- Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

zeako 99 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

03-11-02, 03:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail zeako Click to send private message to zeako Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Are there limits/rules to the S.O.S. challenge?"
Kathy brought paints and canvas as her luxury item. Therefore, if there are no limits on what can be used, Rotu has a big advantage with the paints and American flag.

tribephyl 12393 desperate attention whore postings

03-11-02, 03:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tribephyl Click to send private message to tribephyl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Are there limits/rules to the S.O.S. challenge?"
First; No there are no limitations on what the survivors can use to attract attention during an S.O.S. challenge. So using smoke would definately be advantageous. I do know that they will make someone sit out of said challenge, as Teresa and Carl did in S3. So the tribes would play even handed. No extra bodies advantage.

Secondly; Someone did bring paint's to the Marquesas, That would be Kathy from Rotu. Paints and canvas as her luxury item.

Lastly; No proof yet that they will have S.O.S. challenge in Ep 3 or even in this show yet. I'm waiting for more pic's. The challenge one's shown so far are pointing to a build your own seaworthy craft(RC). Not an S.O.S.

wildchickenhunter 3192 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

03-11-02, 03:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail wildchickenhunter Click to send private message to wildchickenhunter Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Are there limits/rules to the S.O.S. challenge?"
Sure there is one important rule. If your team is way behind then MB will automatically judge you the winner.
I suspect that S.O.S. will be the IC this week. MB will not want the MU's to loose another person this early in the game. Especially since it looks like the next one could very well be Sarah and the twins. He wants to keep all three of them around for awhile.
Therefore, I think the MU's have this one in the bag.
Here is what will happen.
The MU's will have a wild chicken wonder into camp. After 3 hours of chasing it, it will die of exhaustion.The MU's use the bones to spell out "HELP!" on the beach. This is clearly visible from over 5 feet.
ROTU will make gun powder and use it to create flares of multiple colors.
The plane will fly over, and altough it has to take drastic measures to avoid getting hit by a ROTU rocket, MU will be judged the clear winner.

jkokoj 4389 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

03-11-02, 03:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jkokoj Click to send private message to jkokoj Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Are there limits/rules to the S.O.S. challenge?"
I don't know about the limits/rules but if there is an SOS challenge who better to win than an F-16 Fighter Pilot?

That IC would be tailored for Hunter to win hands down. This guy is a pilot for gosh sakes! You would think he would be able to clue his tribe in on what they could and could not see. I assume that is why we have not seen any vid caps that would indicate an SOS challenge.

TheWanderer 267 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

03-11-02, 04:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail TheWanderer Click to send private message to TheWanderer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Are there limits/rules to the S.O.S. challenge?"
While I agree that there is no one better suited to make a distrees signal than Hunter, other than a smokey fire and coconuts to spell out "H-E-L-P" (or S.O.S.), what else can they use?
Paschal has his flag and Kathy brought her paints.

Unless of course they want to have Sara flash the pilot and she's a bit resistant... maybe that's what she was being "sensitive" about!!

erikman 324 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

03-12-02, 00:46 AM (EST)
Click to EMail erikman Click to send private message to erikman Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Are there limits/rules to the S.O.S. challenge?"
both paschal and john were in the air force to

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings

03-12-02, 01:19 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Are there limits/rules to the S.O.S. challenge?"
Friggin' SOS Challenge, if I have to write a summary of another one of those I'm gonna start demanding ep 10 with the stoopid auction non-challenge! No rules other than the usual, no breaking local laws, no assaulting another player, no entering the crew compound. As for who wins, the International Rescue Signal Competition Organization will probably have already rewritten their guidelines so that the winning tribe is clearly worthy of the win, someone should check if there have been any changes to the official rescue signal standards since last November.

In all seriousness, the tribes which have won these in the past have been the tribes which used their own bodies to their best advantage, but that may just be a coincidence.

Cap'm Zoe Just YoHoHoee!

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •