The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Alliances in Rotu"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

bergdogg 380 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

03-09-02, 10:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bergdogg Click to send private message to bergdogg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Alliances in Rotu"
Since the members of Maraamu are all in a 2 person alliance with someone else, one question comes to the minds of all of us. That question is What are the alliances in Rotu?

We see that Paschal and Neleh seem to have a bond, but is there a voting block there?? Is anybody else involved??

Kathy seems to be a loner, and the fact that Robert has been sick may have ruined his chances.

Does anybody else have an idea of possible alliances for this season??

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Alliances in Rotu Swami 03-09-02 1
   RE: Alliances in Rotu shakes the clown 03-09-02 2
       RE: Alliances in Rotu Swami 03-09-02 3
           completely agree shakes the clown 03-10-02 4
               RE: completely agree Drive My Car 03-10-02 7
 RE: Alliances in Rotu Seyz 03-10-02 5
   RE: Alliances in Rotu Loree 03-10-02 6
       RE: Alliances in Rotu Drive My Car 03-10-02 8

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Swami 5885 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-09-02, 10:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Swami Click to send private message to Swami Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Alliances in Rotu"
Tammy and Gabriel have been shown sitting near eachother several times. They also have been shown carrying the firewood 'basket' together. We just haven't seen enough of that tribe yet.

Swami

shakes the clown 3366 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

03-09-02, 10:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail shakes%20the%20clown Click to send private message to shakes%20the%20clown Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Alliances in Rotu"
>Tammy and Gabriel have been shown
>sitting near eachother several times.
> They also have been
>shown carrying the firewood 'basket'
>together. We just haven't
>seen enough of that tribe
>yet.

....on the contrary Swami, we have seen PLENTY to suggest a Tammy/Gabe alliance. I'm glad you pointed this out...I have been meaning to start a thresd about this very point for a couple days now, ever since I reviewed epsisode #2.

Ep #2 has plenty of evidence to suggest a Gabe/Tammy pairing upon a close look....as you pointed out they are always sitting near each other....when Gabe was giving hell to Kathy, Tammy was sitting right next there nodding in agreement to everything Gabe said...it definitely seemed as if it had been something the two of them have been talking about.

But, the most telling behavior came when they were getting firewood together and they ran into John...John showed them the shrimp that he caught and as Gabe and Tammy walked away Gabe said to her, "that's great, now catch 30 more" making fun of John in a condescending manner. This is a very risky move, ripping on one of your tribemates to another tribemate, unless you are sure that the two of you share common feelings on the subject matter. So, it sure looks like Tammy and Gabe have been getting to know each other and sharing their opinions of their tribemates, which as we all know is basically the petrie dish stages of any good alliance.

Also, we saw Gabe start to take a leadership role in Rotu, despite what John might want. Gabe is the person who called out Kathy and spoke on behalf of the rest of the tribe...it was after Gabe let her have it that the others (Pascal) felt okay to say something to her. Also, at the Reward Challenge, he was matched up against Hunter AND he was the person who announced who Rotu was choosing from Marlboro for the tie breaker.

Things look good for Gabe, who appears to be acquiring his leadership in a completely different manner than Hunter did. Whereas Hunter forced himself into the leader position by out of tribe necessity since he was the only one who really knows how to survive, Gabe has grown into the leadership position by becoming a well liked and strong member of the tribe. He has been their best performer in the IC, letting everyone know he took out 16 stones by himself, and he has spent the rest of the time getting to know and bonding with the rest of his tribe instead of trying to instill a 16 hour a day work effort on his tribemates.

I know its only two ep's in, but Gabe is looking really good so far in what limited footage we have to work with.

And unlike John, he doesn't seem to be rubbing it in everyone's face everytime he does somehting beneficial for the tribe.

Swami 5885 desperate attention whore postings

03-09-02, 11:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Swami Click to send private message to Swami Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Alliances in Rotu"
I agree Tammy and Gabriel are very obvious. But we haven't seen enough of that tribe to see other alliances.

Zoe intrigues me a lot. In the farfaru IC, she went up against Hunter in the first round (Gabriel went against him the second time Hunter was up.) Zoe was the first person Neleh ran to & hugged when she successfully got her first serving of fish down. I have also seen Zoe, by gesture or a hug, being the first to acknowledge people on several occasions. When John had the idea of flipping over the boat in the RC, it was Zoe he looked to and made sure she approved. I have no idea of her alliances, but she seems like a very central figure on that tribe. Has the least face time, too, I think. (Even sick Robert seems to have more.)

Swami

shakes the clown 3366 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

03-10-02, 00:41 AM (EST)
Click to EMail shakes%20the%20clown Click to send private message to shakes%20the%20clown Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "completely agree"
>
>Zoe intrigues me a lot. .
>I have no idea of
>her alliances, but she seems
>like a very central figure
>on that tribe.

....I have noticed that as well. She hasn't said anything yet, but you can tell from her body language and facial responses that she is easy to get along with and well thought of by her tribemates so far. Almost the anti-Kathy when it comes to getting along with her tribemates.

But, like you said we have no idea about how she relates in the alliance scheme of things. The point of my post was that through two ep's, the ONLY alliance we can say probably exists is the Tammy/Gabe combo.....I know some people want to say that Pascal/Neleh is an alliance, but there is no way we can assume that from what we have been shown....all we've seen is a friendship being formed, but given what we know about Neleh's stereoptypical role in this cast there is always the very good chance that she has no idea how to play this game nor what an alliance is, yet alone how to put one together.

Has
>the least face time, too,
>I think. (Even sick Robert
>seems to have more.)

....another good point. One thing we have learned after 3 series is that the people that get ZERO face time in the first several episodes usually are guranteed safe bets for the jury, but unfortunately they are also usually guranteed safe bets to NOT be in the final two. Examples of former castmembers who fit this criteria include KimP, Colleen, Nick, Amber, Teresa.

We'll see if Zoe starts to get a little more face time as the focus shifts to the Rotu tribe....if she continues to be strictly wallpaper we might be able to pencil her in for a finsih anywhere from 4th to 7th, probably closer to 4th given the verified weight loss.

Drive My Car 20045 desperate attention whore postings

03-10-02, 07:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Drive%20My%20Car Click to send private message to Drive%20My%20Car Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: completely agree"
I agree that Gabe seems to have quietly ( he seems low key) moved into a leadership role. Several times he has spoken for the tribe, and no one was shown having a problem with that. Also the fact that he is the one who gave Kathy the speech about not fitting in, makes things look worse for her.

Gabe is definately the narrator for the Rotu's, if not their leader. I think leader is a good bet though.

I agree with Swami, that I am beginning to feel a bit frustrated by how little we seem to see of this tribe ( outside challenges)
So far Mamu seems to be more interesting, but the personalities on Rotu have yet to really emerge. When Gabe was dressing down Kathy, he made of a point that she hadn't gotten to know her tribemates, I say, neither have we. If there is so much bonding and sharing going on over there, why haven't we seen some of it?

( oh and Clown, u r 2 cool ) hehehe

Seyz 198 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

03-10-02, 04:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Seyz Click to send private message to Seyz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Alliances in Rotu"
We've seen Gabriel and John together with that hand bandage thing.
We always see Neleh and Pascal together.
In the previews this week, we see Pascal hugging Neleh and Gabriel rather tightly.. this seems like they're pretty tight.
We've seen Tammy and Gabriel a few times.
We've see John and Neleh around each other often.
Now as for Kathy.. We've seen Zoe comfort Kathy. She was the first one to respond to Kathy's fish call. Zoe and Kathy seems to like each other. Then in this weeks' preview we see Kathy and Robert!?!? (weird combination) in a very close proximty chat (possibly strategizing???).
We've seen Tammy and Robert hanging out together in vidcaps.
Um.. from this... it seems like everyone gets along with everyone.. how confusing... I don't think Kathy will be the next to go though.. it's just way WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY too obvious.
Possible alliances:
Zoe, Kathy, Robert?!?!?!?
Neleh, Pascal, John !?!?!?!
Tammy, Gabriel, Pascal Neleh ?!?!
Ah... screw it.. too many combinations at the moment.

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

03-10-02, 06:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Alliances in Rotu"
The obviousness of Kathy is bothering me too. The audience is now expecting her to be the first to go from Rotu. To me that means that it is a long time until Rotu has to boot anyone. Or we are being misled and they boot someone else and shock us all. It could be an injury that makes someone else get booted. But Kathy just seems to be the person that the audience wants out. And MB seems to want us to feel this way. It would have been easy for him to hide the fact that Kathy is an outsider. We haven't been shown alot of Rotu. But he didn't. Will she be our villian? If she makes it to the merge she may be considered no threat and she may stick around while stronger players are booted. Kathy is making me very nervous.

Drive My Car 20045 desperate attention whore postings

03-10-02, 07:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Drive%20My%20Car Click to send private message to Drive%20My%20Car Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Alliances in Rotu"
Good point Loree. I still thinks she goes, but something to think about for sure.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •