The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Pat's final chat"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

big idiot 193 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

03-09-02, 07:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail big%20idiot Click to send private message to big%20idiot Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Pat's final chat"
I didn't see this posted yet, but lock if so.
Patricia's Final CBS Web Chat - 3/08/02

* Hello I'm glad I could be here to chat although I was I was further down the road.

* Patricia sorry to see you go last night.  Do you think that playing mother goose was part of the reason you were let go?
I don't think that playing mother goose was the reason, I think that it was my mouth

* I'm jealous that got lotion put on you by Hunter, how was it?
I don't think anything sexual from Hunter rubbing lotion on me.  Hunter is young enough to be my son but I egged my tribemates on by telling him to do my front.  He was a good sport and so were they.

* Hey mama, sorry you got voted off so soon, if you could go back and do one thing differently, what would it be?
I wouldn't do anything differently.  I am what I am and that's what I was.

* You were great on Survivor, Mama.  What did you think about the arguing at Tribal Council? 
I found the arguing to be funny.  People were their real selves and you can't hide from the camera.

* How frustrating was it with the lazy people.  Were they really that lazy (Sean and Sarah)?
It was very frustrating to be with lazy people.  They really are as lazy as you see them.  I pushed them to do more and that's what got me voted off.

* During the first two challenges, could you sense a bond between the Rotu tribe and a strain between you and your tribemates?
Yes I could sense that strain in us.  The Rotu tribe worked as a team and we had 3 teams.

* Where did the sunscreen come from?
We had a medical kit that was supplied by CBS.

* Who were you the closest to and who got under your skin?
I am closest to Hunter.  Peter got under my skin.

* What did the fafaru taste like?
It tasted like 4 day old garbage that you throw out.

* Did your chicken trap work?
I built the chicken trap the day I was voted off so I really didn't get a chance to bait it.

* What was the best and worst part about being out there?
The best part was just being out there... meeting the people and seeing the islands.  The worst part was voting people off at Tribal Council.

* Were you surprised to see the unspoken Sean/Vee alliance last night?
Yes I was.  I was surprised at the race card that was played.  I did not see that and did not anticipate it.

* How did you feel about Sean's comments about Black Vs. White on the show?
I didn't like Sean's comments about Black Vs. White.  I don't see them as any different as me.  I don't see color.  They are human beings just as I am.

* What was the hardest challenge for you?
Both challenges in the ocean were hard because I'm not a good swimmer.

* How difficult was it to find food? 
It wasn't hard to find fruit and the coconuts were abundant.  It was hard to find the mussels and the fish.

* Did you find the term Mom endearing or annoying?
Rob started calling me Mom on the first day and I thought it was a term of respect and it did not annoy me.  I am a terrific mother.

* How close are Rob and Sarah?  Is there a love connection?
Rob and Sarah are very close but I do not know if it was romantic.

* Were you surprised last night to see that Rob was just "playing" Sarah?
You know, I don't think that Rob was playing Sarah.  I think he was truly protecting her.

* Is there a love connection between Gina and Hunter?
No, they were friends, they were attracted but there was no love connection.

* Do you think the shelter would hold up in the rainstorm?
No I do not think there was enough palm fronds on it but there's only so much you can do.

* Who was the sexiest guy on the island?
I am 49 years old, I do not look at young men with sexy eyes.

* Did the editing make it look like you nagged more than you did?
Absolutely not!  I am a nag!

* Was Hunter a really good leader or was that just the way he was edited?
Hunter was a really good leader.  It just came to him naturally.

* What did you do for your audition tape?
I rode my Arabian horses up to my barn and showed them the barn that I built by myself and the truck that I assembled.

* Is Sarah really as clueless as she seems?  
Sarah is not clueless. Sarah is a good sport.

* If you could slap one of your tribemates, who would it be?
I wouldn't slap any but I'd like to spank Sean and Sarah.

* Rob said you were a pain in the butt, what do you think?
Rob's comment doesn't bother me.  I love Rob.  He's a wonderfully nice young man with a great personality.

* Do you think that you would have better fit into the Rotu tribe?  How did it feel to lose very challenge?
Since I was on that tribe I have no idea how I would fit in.  It was rotten to lose all the challenges.

* If you had to be stranded on an island with any one of your tribemates who would it be?
Hunter because he can survivor anything.

* What did you think of Rotu's waterfall after you saw it on TV?  
That made me sick. I didn't know they had a waterfall and that's why they always looked so clean at challenges.

* What one food item is Maraamu eating the most of?
Grapefruit.

* How bad did the NoNo flies bite?
You didn't know you were bitten until you started itching. The more you scratched the more you itched.

* Did you enjoy the Early Show?
Yes I enjoyed it.

* Are you going on any talk shows?
I've been invited to go on Rosie and I'm going Monday.

* How do you think is the strongest mentally?
Vecepia.  She was thinking all the time and quiet.  She was probably planning and plotting.

* Did it rain while you were out there?
It rained once, a light rain.

* What did you think of Kathy's performance when you watched it last night?
I thought Kathy was throwing a pity party.  I admired her determination to get the tribe's food but at the same time she wanted a lot of recognition for it.

* What do you hope will come from this experience?
I only wanted out of this experience:  a new four wheeler.  So I'm crossing my fingers and hoping that I can get a new 4 wheeler.

* Pat you rock.  Has the show changed you personally?
This is not my number fan because I'm not Pat, Patty or Patsy.  I'm Patricia or Tricia or Mama.  I agree with you, I do rock!  And it hasn't changed me personally.

* Do you think Survivor was worth leaving your home life behind for the time you were gone?
I think it was worth it.  I sacrificed a lot to be on the show: emotionally and monetarily and time that I can never get back but it was worth it.

* Are you looking forward the Survivor reunion?
I'm looking forward to it because people are not going to recognize me.  I'm going down there anorexic so that I can look normal on TV.

* Please enlighten us as to the toilet and sanitary conditions?
What toilet?  We had to bury our waste.

* What was the feeling like when you found out you had gotten chosen for the show?
No one has asked me that all day!  When I first found out, it was 8 o'clock at night and I was so excited and have not been so since that day because that was my goal - just to get on the show.  I cried all the way home on the airplane.  That was the high point for me of this whole experience.

* Did you get to go out and explore the island?
The day before I was voted off, I went off by myself.  I found a freshwater stream and freshwater shrimp, tarot.  I found a horse stuck in a stream in a rock and I released it.  I was all by myself when I did that.  I had to get away.

* It is hard to get a clear understanding of Vecepia's character. Do you and her get along?
I thought that Vecepia and I got along well.  I thought we bonded on a spiritual level but I guess we did not.

* Are you in contact with any other survivor members?
Yes I am, Gina and Hunter.

* How did you clean your teeth?
We brushed daily with sticks and lemon rinds

* Did anyone make fun of Rob for losing to a 21 year old girl?
No we didn't.  Rob beat himself at that.

* Final Comments?
I appreciate your support. It's wonderful to know that there are people out there who value Mothers, value middle age and can overlook someone being a little overweight.  Thank you and I love you all.

Stand out items to me:
1) * How do you think is the strongest mentally?
Vecepia.  She was thinking all the time and quiet.  She was probably planning and plotting.

Could this infer that "Don't Call Me Pat" (DCM Pat) does not see Vecepia in loser lodge? Vecepia makes merge?

2) Gina and Hunter NOT romantic. DCM Pat knew them during the game and after, sounds like solid info. So their bond may be less volatile than Rob and Sarah, and more of an unspoken solid alliance?

Any other important chat nuggets?

BI

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Pat's final chat Naked 03-09-02 1
   disagree shakes the clown 03-09-02 2
 RE: Pat's final chat idiotcowboy 03-09-02 3
 the nuggets... shakes the clown 03-09-02 4
   RE: the nuggets... Tatina 03-10-02 5
 Patricia's Friends (more observatio... SurvivinDawg 03-10-02 6
   RE: Patricia's Friends (more observ... gemstone 03-10-02 7
       RE: Patricia's Friends (more observ... big idiot 03-10-02 8
           RE: Patricia's Friends (more observ... George Tirebiter 03-11-02 10
               RE: Patricia's Friends (more observ... wendyp 03-11-02 11
   RE: Patricia's Friends (more observ... Bebo 03-11-02 9
       Loser Lodge? MeToo 03-11-02 12
 Previous Votes travelingbetty 03-11-02 13
   RE: Previous Votes big idiot 03-11-02 14

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Naked 887 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

03-09-02, 08:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Naked Click to send private message to Naked Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Pat's final chat"
<<< * Are you in contact with any other survivor members?
Yes I am, Gina and Hunter.>>>

Could this mean that she also spent time with them in the pre-jury boot lodge ? It seems logical. she didn't seem to bond with them that well on the show.

Naked

shakes the clown 3366 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

03-09-02, 08:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail shakes%20the%20clown Click to send private message to shakes%20the%20clown Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "disagree"
><<< * Are you in contact
>with any other survivor members?
>
>Yes I am, Gina and Hunter.>>>
>
>Could this mean that she also
>spent time with them in
>the pre-jury boot lodge ?
>It seems logical. she didn't
>seem to bond with them
>that well on the show.

...she admitted to being in an alliance with Hunter and Gina so obviously she bonded with them more than anyone else while she was playing the game. I'm not saying that Gina and Hunter don't go to the loser lodge, but nothing in this statement helps in either direction.

However, there were a few interesting things in that chat...I'll point them out on a separate post..

idiotcowboy 1135 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

03-09-02, 08:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail idiotcowboy Click to send private message to idiotcowboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Pat's final chat"
>* Is Sarah really as clueless as she seems?
>Sarah is not clueless. Sarah is a good sport.

This stuck out to me. What is Sarah a good sport about? When she is voted out? This comment puzzles me for some reason.

-ICB

shakes the clown 3366 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

03-09-02, 08:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail shakes%20the%20clown Click to send private message to shakes%20the%20clown Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "the nuggets..."
>* Who were you the closest
>to and who got under
>your skin?
>I am closest to Hunter.  Peter
>got under my skin.

...not much spoiler info here, but coupled with some other info she gives out there might be a case being made for a possible Hunter pre-jury boot. I thought she was clearly closest with Hunter during the game, but in a loser lodge full of Marlboro members she would have plenty of time to get close to some of her other tribemates. So, maybe there aren't that many more, if any at all, Marlboro members in the pre-jury boots so Pat's opinions are based on her interactions during the six days she was in the game. Or, maybe the obvious happens and Hunter IS an early bootee allowing him and FatPat to continue to bond as losers.

>* Were you surprised to see
>the unspoken Sean/Vee alliance last
>night?
>Yes I was.  I was surprised
>at the race card that
>was played.  I did not
>see that and did not
>anticipate it.

....why is she surprised? She knew she was voted out 4-3, and she knew who the people were who voted her out. Does this mean that she never had a chance to question any of the four as she surely would if any of them were pre-jury boots.

>* How close are Rob and
>Sarah?  Is there a love
>connection?
>Rob and Sarah are very close
>but I do not know
>if it was romantic.

....once again, no first hand knowledge of something involving members of her former tribe. If both were pre-jury boots wouldn't she have witnessed their relationship at the loser lodge and been able to tell if it was romantic. Or, if Sara was booted early but not Rob, wouldn't she have had talks with Sara about that very subject...after all, she calls Sara a good sport so they must get along.

>* Is there a love connection
>between Gina and Hunter?
>No, they were friends, they were
>attracted but there was no
>love connection.

...now this is interesting when you compare it to her lack of knowledge as to the Sara/Rob coupling regarding the very same question. So, obviously she has had more contact with Hunter/Gina than with Sara/Rob......when she says "there was no love connection" is she speaking soley about the first two episodes or is she talking about five months that she has known them? I know the tense of the verb makes it appear that she is only talking about the game, but keep in mind that were talking about Pat here, she is a certifiable idiot so I wouldn't put it past her dumbass to screw up verb tense. Once again, nothing conclusive, but something to add to the pile.

>* How do you think is
>the strongest mentally?
>Vecepia.  She was thinking all the
>time and quiet.  She was
>probably planning and plotting.

....now this IS potentially huge! Everyone, even fatdumbpat knows that Survivor is above all else a game that is won by the mentally strong. The fact that FatDumbPat calls Vee the strongest Marlboro member in this regard is huge praise. Also, she says that Vee was "probably" plotting and planning, meaning that once again she doesn't know first hand what Vee was up to. I think we can start to build a case for Fatdumbpat never getting a chance to hang out with Vee.

>* It is hard to get
>a clear understanding of Vecepia's
>character. Do you and her
>get along?
>I thought that Vecepia and I
>got along well.  I thought
>we bonded on a spiritual
>level but I guess we
>did not.

...once again, fatdumbpat's extent of interaction with Vee is limited to her time in the game. For her to say that "I thought we bonded, but I guess we did not" shows that the extent and duration of their friendship was limited to those six days together. If they hung out at loser lodge, then she wouldn't be questioning their bond because of things that happened in the game...their bond would go beyond the game, as well as the fact that she would've had a chance to confront Vee on these issues at the lodge as opposed to learing about them for the first time while viewing the ep.

>
>
>* Are you in contact with
>any other survivor members?
>Yes I am, Gina and Hunter.
>
>

....and of course we have what has long been our most reliable spoiler source, the infamous "Friends list".....fatdumbpat's is short and once again builds a case against Hunter and Gina. Also, since she said Peter gets on her nerves that explains why she doesn't keep in touch with him. But, you might be asking why she doesn't keep in touch with an Rotu members...surely she had a chacne to hang out with some at the loser lodge, right? The answer is simple.....this season MB is cracking down on the post boot interviews..as we saw with Peter and now we are seeing with fatdumbpat NO ONE is allowed to mention the names of any members of the other tribe when talking about who you are still friends with...and all impressions of the other tribe must be limited to things you saw in the game or while watching the episodes on tv.

Tatina 112 desperate attention whore postings

03-10-02, 11:45 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Tatina Click to send private message to Tatina Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: the nuggets..."
Excellent analysis, shakes ! I too find the things Pat (no way I'm going to call her Tricia) says about Vee very interesting.

Pat tells she and Vee bonded spiritually, but I have a feeling (remember I spoil solely based on material online) there wasn't much of an emphasis on that onscreen, was there ? Yet MB could have used this spiritual bonding to create a Tina-MadDog kind of a storyline. I wonder if this the possibly dramatic situation was left out simply to make a further developments seem even more dramatic to the viewers than it actually is. We've all made to think that Vee and Sean as just as solid allies than the two other couples here. But as Vee ditched one tribemate who felt she had a strong spiritual bound with Vee I might just see her if not voting off then at least disserting the other one who seems to trust blindly on their spiritual bond.

SurvivinDawg 6816 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-10-02, 01:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivinDawg Click to send private message to SurvivinDawg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "Patricia's Friends (more observations)"
LAST EDITED ON 03-10-02 AT 01:53 PM (EST)

In addition to the excellent observations already made, I'd like to add this: Pat just gave us her "friends" list, and it may lead to a startling hypothesis, to wit:

"I am closest to Hunter. Peter got under my skin."
"Are you in contact with any other survivor members?
Yes I am, Gina and Hunter."

Okay, we KNOW she saw Peter in Loser's Lodge, and she obviously didn't like him. She also is only in contact with Gina and Hunter. My first impression was "These are all the friends she's made?"

I fully agree that a lot of what is in here indicates that Gina and Hunter may soon be seeing Loser's Lodge, and let's assume that for this argument, but let's go further... WHY are these Pat's only friends? These are possible reasons, feel free to add to them:

1) See-BS edited her response to show only Gina and Hunter's names (and Peter's, of course) as people she knows.
2) Patricia left and went travelling after Gina and Hunter were voted off, and so didn't meet or talk to any others.
3) My thought: An early merge occurred with 12 people, and the first four were isolated from them, also.

IF the next two voted off are Gina and Hunter, then the 8-4 deficit must be overcome, and a simple swap won't get it done.
So this may indeed show that the early merge occurs.

It also may be reading too much into it.

On another note, from shakestheclown's post in this thresd:
>* Were you surprised to see
>the unspoken Sean/Vee alliance last
>night?
>Yes I was. I was surprised
>at the race card that
>was played. I did not
>see that and did not
>anticipate it.
....why is she surprised? She knew she was voted out 4-3, and she knew who the people were who voted her out. Does this mean that she never had a chance to question any of the four as she surely would if any of them were pre-jury boots.

Yes, he's going in the direction of Pat's knowledge with this, but let me take it another: I wouldn't be surprised that Pat didn't know about Sean's racial angles until the show aired. I suspect that Sean kept those remarks ONLY to his confessionals and to Vecepia (trying to keep her allied to him as the only people of color there), and therefore many of the other contestants are going to be surprised about the racial angles.

Edited to add: thanks for posting this, big idiot! Good info!

*** Contradictions don't exist. If you are faced with a contradiction, check your premises. You will find that one of them is wrong. -- Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

gemstone 70 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

03-10-02, 06:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail gemstone Click to send private message to gemstone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Patricia's Friends (more observations)"
>>1) See-BS edited her response to show only Gina and Hunter's names (and Peter's, of course) as people she knows.
2) Patricia left and went travelling after Gina and Hunter were voted off, and so didn't meet or talk to any others.
3) My thought: An early merge occurred with 12 people, and the first four were isolated from them, also.<<

1) That would explain the chat but not the live interviews where she only mentioned Gina and Hunter.

2) & 3) Peter said that all the pre-merge boots stayed together until the 7th was booted and then left together. They could still merge early but the non-jury stayed together.

I find it odd that Pat's friends are different from Peter's friends.

Peter - Sean, Vee and Rob and says he never really got to know Sarah "in the game"
Pat - Hunter and Gina and she says Sarah was a good sport and a baby doll

03-10-02, 10:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail big%20idiot Click to send private message to big%20idiot Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Patricia's Friends (more observations)"
Gemstone, great info/queries.

So Pat and Peter did not play well with each other at Loser Lodge so each needed to play with others. Is the friends list insightful? Perhaps.

Does Pat see Hunter and Gina at Loser Lodge?
We can assume (if not already verified) that H + G remained friends after the game, they had an initial friendship with Pat so I could see them all spending time together after the game - so I don't think I could deduce if Pat's comments on H + G indicate a pre-merge boot. Also, she may have been encouraged or been allowed to state her friendship with H + G to make viewers think they are booted pre-merge. I may sway towards no early boot for H + G.

Does Pat see Sara at Loser Lodge?
I don't see sara seeking out Pat after the game is over (nor vice versa), as pointed out by someone else in this thread, pat's comments sound almost to indicate Sara is an early pre-merge victim. Peter said he did not know the love fate of the H+G or Rob + Sara romances (he could of been lying though), which could mean that none of these four got booted pre-merge, or that Sara came back and hung with Pat, not Peter.

Does Pat see Vecepia at Loser Lodge?
Definitely not. Based on chat; "How do you think is the strongest mentally? Vecepia.  She was thinking all the time and quiet.  She was probably planning and plotting."

But, Vecepia is on Peter's friends list?
I could see Vecepia and Peter interacting after the game, or at least Peter respecting Vee. She seems likeable and possibly even receptive to post-game interactions with Peter, she has that laid-back air.

Does Peter see Sean at Loser Lodge?
Possibly, although their game-bonding could also indicate a desire for post-game interactions. I wonder if Pat's comments about Vee's "planning and plotting" indicate Sean as a victim, and hence a pre-merge boot. Has anyone heard if Sean and Vee are post-game friends?

Does Peter see Rob at Loser Lodge?
I'm indecisive on this one, but let me create a scenario and see where he falls:

An attempt at a Grand Unified Theory of Lodge-Losers:
(accounting only for Maraamus)

In the next episode, Hunter and Gina convince Rob to come back under their wing. The previews show a nightime conversation with H + G + Rob? + Sarah and sarah saying something about "I do have to be sensitive about this", this may be Hunter sorta apologizing for voting for her and not to be sensitive about it. Hunter has to assuage Sara because he is bringing Rob back under his wing.

Whenever the next trip to tribal council happens, Sara is viewed as the weakest by most and gets voted out (too speculative to predict who votes for her). Sara goes back to Loser Lodge, thinks Peter is TOO strange, and hangs with Pat instead.

The question after this boot may be, do the tribes merge even at 5 vs 5? If so then she is the last pre-merge boot. Odds may weigh against an even merge (going against Survivor history though).

Perhaps the merge goes 6 (rotu) vs 4 (mar), and if so, then Sean is the next booted. He is strong but if it is close enough to the merge then that works against him. Vecepia has slowly allied with the others and all vote for Sean leading to Sean going back to Loser Lodge to bond with Peter and to complain to Pat that "Vee was probably plotting against me the whole time" (invented quote).

Support for a 6 (rotu) vs 4 (mar) merge with Hunter, Gina, Rob and Vecepia making it post-merge:

1) Weight Loss rumors: the list includes 5 Rotu (Zoe, Neleh, Kathy, Robert, Gabe) and 2 Maras (Hunter, Peter). Obviously Peter is a mislead, as may be Kathy. Peter stated he lost his by running at Loser Lodge, maybe he entices Kathy to join his running program? Anyway, it is the imbalance of weight loss from the tribes that may support a Rotu domination at the merge.

2) Source unknown, but I read somewhere that Gabe said he liked Gina.

3) Peter's chat not knowing love fate of G+H.

I can't find any evidence though for Rob going to merge, does anyone have any evidence or speculation either way?

Summary: Sara and Sean go to Loser Lodge. G + H + R + V make merge (based on 10 player merge of course).

sorry so long, BI

Post Script: Thanks to SurvivinDawg for the accolades for posting Pat's chat - very appreciated : )

George Tirebiter 2982 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

03-11-02, 12:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail George%20Tirebiter Click to send private message to George%20Tirebiter Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Patricia's Friends (more observations)"
Two things bother me: 1) Beginning with the first bootee, MB seems to be making an effort to SPOIL the weight-loss spoilers by urging them to "get in the best shape of their lives" (per Peter's chat.) Therefore, I don't know that weight loss will be AS big an indicator of how they've done. . . Factor in the freshness and number of bug bites, and it might mean something. 2) According to survivorfever (and yes--this is based on TP articles. . .) Sean is the winner of the family visit reward late in the game (12/21). . . Either his reputed sense of humor or a possible swap could save his arse from a boot at a logical point in the game (or he realizes that to upset Hunter's leadership, he has to get off his lazy butt and do some WORK!)

GT

wendyp 2081 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

03-11-02, 12:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail wendyp Click to send private message to wendyp Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Patricia's Friends (more observations)"
Isn't there suppose to be a pic of Sarah with a bunch of bug bites on her? If they gave them sunblock in the medical kit, what else is in the medical kit? Why not bug bite cream after the way Colleen's legs looked in S1?

There is also a rumor about Zoe losing 25 pounds. Is the focus MB is putting on fitness to cover up the people that do make it far? Even though they have food, Pat said they are mostly eating grapefruit. And grapefruit is what most people eat to lost weight.

My $.02 is that we are being misdirected on the Hunter and Gina friends. If MB is cracking down really hard, then he is only allowing them to repeat the obvious from the shows. The two shows showed Hunter and Gina not talking about getting rid of Patricia.

Bebo 21083 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-11-02, 09:11 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Patricia's Friends (more observations)"
Another take on this...

I really don't think we can read a lot into her lists. As Shakes said, MB is really cracking down on their interview comments. Consequently, she may have been told to focus on what would be obvious to the viewers.

- Not liking Peter - duh, we've all seen that on the air.
- Liking Hunter and Gina - again, very obvious based on what's been aired. Saying she gets along with them after the game does not necessarily mean they had more bonding time at Loser Lodge, because they didn't need it.
- Her vague comments about the others could be a way of hiding who she did and didn't get to know better in Loser Lodge. If she was truly concerned about giving too much away (and MB could have easily made her concerned, giving all the stuff included in their contracts), her vagueness could be explained by the concern that she could give too much away at all. She was quite clear when asked show-specific questions about how people were portrayed, but very vague when asked about what she thought of people. I think she was just playing it close and making sure she didn't give anything away.

MeToo 158 desperate attention whore postings

03-11-02, 02:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MeToo Click to send private message to MeToo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "Loser Lodge?"
Forgive my ignorance, but is there a Loser Lodge this time? Didn't the early bootees just leave when they were voted off? How does this work - do pre-jury bootees go to one lodge and jury members to another?

travelingbetty 296 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

03-11-02, 06:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail travelingbetty Click to send private message to travelingbetty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "Previous Votes"
I was in on the chat last Friday as well and one thing that I took a note on that I didn't see posted above (awesome job on the transcription, BI, it is very thorough and verbetim to what I remember) was a comment on previous votes counting in tiebreakers. Someone asked whether Don't Call Me Pat (she said this twice in her chat) acted differently (working harder) after the first TC because she had a vote against her. She said no, because MB had changed that rule and the vote didn't matter. She just felt more comfortable to be herself at that point.

Sorry that I didn't take it down word for word but my impression is that they were aware of the change prior to the start of S4 so strategizing to load up people with previous votes doesn't carry any weight in ties and shouldn't affect the way people vote (also no more witch hunts ala Lex and his gut).

03-11-02, 08:51 PM (EST)
14. "RE: Previous Votes"
TravBetty, great info, that is the first I have heard that the S4 players know the rule change. I did not see the live chat, I copied and pasted it from SurvivorFever.net, so I can't accept your kudos, although I appreciate the gesture : )

So the subsequent question is, do they know how a tie is broken? It has been speculated by others that episode 4's title, "The Winds Twist" may refer to them finding out at tribal council, when there is a 3 vs 3 tie (although a 2 vs 2 vs 1 is possible if they boot someone in Ep 3, but I doubt that scenario).

Here is my expanded speculation on the next two episodes:
Episode 3 sees Rotu go to TC (insert your bootee choice here).
Episode 4 sees the Maarrymee tribe go to TC, Hunter + Gina + Rob vote for Sarah. Sarah, Sean, Vee vote for (insert your votee choice here). A tie ensues. The new rule is an endurance/stubborn contest. Everyone argues until the deadlock is broken, sorta like a real jury (although at TC they don't need to be unanimous). More drama, more emotion, more ratings.

Prediction: Vee changes her vote to Sara. Next time the Maarymees go to TC, Sean is gone. This scenario also fulfills all my other speculation on this thread on the who-s and why-s of the Maarrymees going to Loserville and the Pat and Peter friend list.

My speculation anyway (1% evidence, 99% imagination)

BI : )

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •