The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"New poster - can't help it - fed up!"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Starting Over General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

crazeec 46 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

10-30-05, 03:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail crazeec Click to send private message to crazeec Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"New poster - can't help it - fed up!"
I've been watching from day one, Season One. I've read the message board and enjoyed the conversations but never joined in until now. I hope I am posting in the right place because all of my comments are not on individual HG's.
I am so frustrated this year that what was a truly interesting (and entertaining - I admit that) show has become so dull. JMO on the cast so far:
Lisa - give me a break. She's the princess complaining about sleeping on the pea and the very parents that provide the bed without the pea. This show seems like another 'party' for her that someone else is paying for. She seems as phony as both her laugh (which covers up sarcasm at times) and her tears. I simply believe this show will not help her get over her insecurity and dependence. I've known 'Lisas' and even if the parents claim they realize their contribution to her problem, my opinion is the first croc tears after she leaves the show will blow that. She is as much the manipulator as Christina so I am not surprised she targets her like she does. It's called distraction. And a need for constant attention - good or bad, because she takes neither seriously. It's being the center of attention that matters to her. I don't think she takes ANYTHING seriously. Why should she? And why is she still there?

Jill- I thought she was really sarcastic in the beginning but I sense the reasons behind it as the show goes along. But I think they are ignoring the real problem she has - separating from her mother without guilt. They seem co-dependent when they speak on the phone. And giving her the support to get back out there after her last job. I feel a lot of sympathy for her as she tries the assignments and learns she faces more medical problems that will limit those. She's not perfect. Who is? But I believe she is trying. I also believe the LC's are clueless about giving her guidance on the goals that They set for her. I even wonder if the 'baggage' assignment may have hurt her health.

TJ - I think she is disappearing from the editing Because she Has made progress. She took the 'who makes you most uncomfortable' game with her chin up more than I could have and really seems to be trying to 'get it'. I would put odds on her as being the one that benefits the most from the experience. Her 'connection' and 'card' assignments seemed on target for her and she really seemed to fight her way through them to gain insight. I think she is more motivated than any of the others. And that's a big switch from my first impression lol.

Allison - this one is a toughie for me. I do have empathy for her but I also think of how many women and men and children have faced the same thing or other diseases without the support she has been given and she has become my least favorite cast member. It's time she 'got it' and got out there and 'used it'. I don't think she is hiding her pain and anger - I think she is holding on to it because in her undercurrent behind that fake smile it gives her a reason to keep from moving on. I'll really put myself out here and say she would have basically been the same without cancer. I know that sounds like I am a real know-it-all or think I do. The cancer is horrible and the surgeries too. It just seems to this old country girl that she had problems long before that. Iyanla finally seems to be catching on to that but how long and how many seasons will it take? I think she is making less progress than Lisa in many ways. But I'm still rooting for her. I think a trip to a terminal cancer ward might help her realize it could have been so much more worse. Lost noses, lost tongues, children knowing they will die and their parents pain etc. To sum: she is beautiful woman with so much potential. I only wish she would get it and go forward to find some real peace and happiness.

Jessica - that she lost her mother in a public way is awful. To lose a loved one in any way is awful. She helped her accountability partner to manipulate. That says something to me about her character. She doesn't want her father to have a new mate. I wouldn't either and I can relate to that. But I HOPE I would realize I was being selfish in that. I think her goals are half right, but I don't think she will truly achieve them and use them. I would so love to be proved wrong on this one. She is so young and obviously has a great future if she will see that.

Christina - I'll use a revised quote of Judge Judy's book. Beauty fades but conniving can last forever. A former schoolmate of mine worked Las Vegas as a prostitute. Somehow she changed without SO and is a true survivor. She is not proud of her past but she acknowledges it and even moved back to her snobby hometown with her chin up and lets her actions speak louder than words these last 10 years. So why is Christina so offended by being called what she was? I know she is young in years. I don't think she wants to face her past because she is not entirely sincere about changing it. I cannot figure out from this show if it's because she 'likes' the game of it or is insecure that she will fail at any other occupation. She and Jill do mirror each other a lot. I think that is why they dislike each other so much. She did find a way to survive - but I'm not convinced she truly wants to find another one. As smart as she is that disappoints me and I hope her assignments help her. They Have been interesting to this viewer at least although her asking for money on the street was a joke. She was not good at that because she went for the big bucks and not the chump change for a bus ride. Conning her own housemates might help more. But my odds on her are 0/0. And that is sad and hard to watch every day.

Overall - there is no progress in sight for the majority of the HG's IMHO. Is that them or the life coaches? I think it is both.
Rhonda needed to toughen up - but she seems distracted and gone to the other extreme. She did not seem so 'smug' the last two years.
Iyanla is Iyanla. She is a little too confident too quickly in 'diagnosis' and assignments. But when she does show sympathy it seems real to me. Not to mention these HG's could use a big kick in the butt and she is certainly not resistant to that.
The life coaches in both cases seem more worried about their own image and future than in the show and their guests.
Dr. Stan? - what a sweetie. No obligation to assign anyone to do anything. Just give them advice to use or not. His intentions seem real but he also comes across as knowing he may be of help but the change has to come from within the individual. He's a true professional who doesn't let his opinions affect his attitude. He has the 'easy' job lol. Really no pressure there. But he is sharp too and I trust him. He gives a reality check to the show.
And it is a show. I used to think it really could help the guests but I'm wondering after the couple boot camp and these six cast members.
If these ladies are really going through such dramatic and life-changing experiences why is it so boring so far? To me at least. And that hurts because it was the one show I watched daily. I'll miss it. Without serious change I don't see it coming back next year. And if it does, I think I'll change the channel or just turn the tv off. As many here may tell me - that is what I should do if I don't like it .
And I hope like TJ - I can take that on the chin.
Cindy

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: New poster - can't help it - fe... EnfanTerrible 10-30-05 1
 RE: New poster - can't help it - fe... wideeyes03 10-30-05 2
 RE: New poster - can't help it - fe... chartierfive 10-30-05 3
   RE: New poster - can't help it - fe... mhb0125 10-31-05 4
       RE: New poster - can't help it - fe... karenlucyian 10-31-05 5
 RE: New poster - can't help it - fe... Cyahd 10-31-05 6
   RE: New poster - can't help it - fe... crazeec 10-31-05 7
 RE: New poster - can't help it - fe... iyanlarox 11-01-05 8

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

EnfanTerrible 1239 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

10-30-05, 03:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail EnfanTerrible Click to send private message to EnfanTerrible Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: New poster - can't help it - fed up!"
Aw, not even Lisa's day on the job? I found that one very satisfying.

wideeyes03 45 desperate attention whore postings

10-30-05, 08:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail wideeyes03 Click to send private message to wideeyes03 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: New poster - can't help it - fed up!"
Too many things to possibly leave comment to. But, I must say that I agree with so much of what you said. And, it's interesting because I can sit back and read one person's post about a HG or LC and be like "yeah, yeah, I totally agree" and then someone else will point out something else from an opposite prospective and my opinion gets swayed. but, with your comments, i felt i could connect in agreement from my own gut genuinely and nod my head in agreement more than one time. hope it's just a rocky start to a big season--and who knows, once even one houseguest leaves and a new face arrives, as we all know, the dynamic of the whole house and show can shift to limitless extremes--lets just hope we're getting the crud out of the way first to make room for the good

chartierfive 2 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

10-30-05, 09:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail chartierfive Click to send private message to chartierfive Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: New poster - can't help it - fed up!"
I agree completely with this season. The women are shallow and pathetic. I don't know where they found them, but they don't seem as genuine as the past years. I don't see hardly any progress with any of them. Starting to loose interest in the show. Hopefully Lisa gets booted and a new person can liven things up. Hopefully Jessica stops crying soon, it's getting old.

mhb0125 485 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

10-31-05, 02:21 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mhb0125 Click to send private message to mhb0125 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: New poster - can't help it - fed up!"
I agree with you again!! I do hope Lisa had to leave. From another post, someone made a really good comment. Lisa has broken one of the sacred house rules more than once-don't hurt yourself or others. She has done it over and over again. Despite that she's not deeply involved in the process, she thinks ta da, I should just come here and "get" fixed, not work at it. Examples of her lack of involvement-she changed out of the baby dress, she was late to meet with Rhonda, she was late for work, and she's still manipulating. Ugh, I bet if she were to read all these posts (even though they are mostly negative) she'd be thrilled because she's the center of attention. As for Jessica, I can't wait for her to have a major breakthrough and stop all her crying. It does get annoying. She reminds me of how much Cassie cried about EVERYTHING!

karenlucyian 84 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

10-31-05, 11:43 AM (EST)
Click to EMail karenlucyian Click to send private message to karenlucyian Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: New poster - can't help it - fed up!"
I have been a loyal watcher and have been to a seminar with Rhonda. Here's how I see it, imho.
The HG's are now super aware of being on tv because they probably all put themselves there. You have to go through a painstaking process to end up on the show. They are either big fans or have some chip out of place, I think, to want to process like this on tv. Look at Jessica. She is trying to heal from a public loss, in public. How crazy is that. Why isn't Rhonda giving her some issue with that? And what about the rest of Jessica's life. They need to broaden their perspectives on these women if they are ever going to make them feel whole again.
Last year IV gave Jennifer a schedule to follow. As a young person who needs direction. What about Christina. She has been raising herself since 16 and not doing the best job. How about waking up every day to exercise, studying (GED), getting job skills (she is going to have to support her son, and what about the ex? How about relationship healing? She needs to do it with Mother, Ex, Father, self.
So far, this season I am not seeing the accountability that I was so inspired by last season.
JMHO. Thanks for the posts.

Cyahd 78 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

10-31-05, 11:45 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Cyahd Click to send private message to Cyahd Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: New poster - can't help it - fed up!"
If I may....and this is probably the most confusing part to me......

Lisas parents would certainly pay for private counseling....and good counseling at that. Why a tv show?

Allison.....I can't even begin to list the resources available to her.....AlAnon.....Cancer Survivor groups.......forums that would be much more helpful to her. Why a tv show?

Jessica.......Wow....again the resources are limitless. There is probably more available to 9/11 survivors than any other issue out there. Why a tv show?

Christina.....I understand the "why a tv show". No money .....doesn't want parents help and we don't know if they financially are able to give it to her.....no health insurance.

TJ...... I kind of understand the "why a tv show". It puts her in a group setting of peers.....the very people she is unable to communicate with properly and lacks connection.

So, all in all, I guess I just question the motives of some of the ladies "on the show". To honestly "get help" or to "appear on tv"?

Jill......I understand the "why a tv show". Again, no job, no health insurance, etc.

crazeec 46 desperate attention whore postings

10-31-05, 05:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail crazeec Click to send private message to crazeec Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: New poster - can't help it - fed up!"
I wasn't sure about making that first post.............but thanks for reading it and giving your feedback. I have my own fear of failure and social stuff and I guess that is what drove me to finally post. I want to see all the HG's succeed and share in their success by relating to many of their problems and have hope I can overcome some of my own.
I am so disgusted by the way they treated TJ today with their actions and words.....there is no connective energy in this season's house so far. Sad. And I place as much responsibility on the 'matron' Allison as the LC's. I think she feels protected and with good reason. How does that help her or her housemates? But I will keep watching this week to see if the 'promos' live up to their promise. And things actually start happening instead of all this ongoing bull. At least watching Jill continue her charade finally convinces me I made one right decision in my life - to stop giving so much financial support to my own grown daughter and that was the hardest thing I've ever had to do. I couldn't afford it but kept doing for years. And when I stopped she was so angry..and homeless for about a month until she woke up, got a job and worked it out through a shelter.....but now she is self-supporting and proud of that the last three years at 26 young years. Watching Jill makes me feel better that way at least. But mostly it just make me want to vomit that the LC's are either that stupid or letting her stay to try for ratings.
Cindy

iyanlarox 188 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

11-01-05, 05:13 AM (EST)
Click to EMail iyanlarox Click to send private message to iyanlarox Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: New poster - can't help it - fed up!"
I don't think any of the HG's have aspirations for a future in TV. I do think they will not gain in 6 weeks what takes many hours years of professional counselling to achieve.

Allison should not have returned. Her tears last season because that dingbat Lane was to be a mentor and Allison was not - should not have factored into her need to stifle her own development and live in this bubble house.

Jessica will keep crying. Does she not realize how unappealing she appears with snot dribbling down her nose and all those tissues used to ensure her mascara doesn't run?

Christina was a prostitute a few months ago. A stint in SO is going to reform her? She is cheap white trash and will never be anything more. At least Cassie tried for her GED.

Jill is too aggressive - but I do feel she has potential. She should not be given a "choice" viz-a-viz Jenny Craig. Do it or don't. There is not grey area. Lose those dreadlocks you are not a teenager.

TJ? I found it funny it took the stripper so long to extract 5 bux from her - maybe TJ is more on the ball than one thinks. She is also a primadonna and too bossy.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •