The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Can We Ignore Tahiti Press Now?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

zzz 703 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

03-08-02, 09:56 AM (EST)
Click to EMail zzz Click to send private message to zzz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Can We Ignore Tahiti Press Now?"
Apparently, there have been various reports about what the Tahitian press wrote about Survivor 4. I believe that two of them have now been proven false: (i) three people refused to participate in the "gross food" challenge and (ii) the first two people voted off were from different tribes (someone correct me if I am wrong that these "spoilers" were attributed to these press reports).

Does anyone think there is any value left in trying to use these press reports as reliable spoilers?

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Can We Ignore Tahiti Press Now? true 03-08-02 1
 RE: Can We Ignore Tahiti Press Now? Tatina 03-08-02 2
   I wonder... bigtomshouldhavewon 03-08-02 3
       RE: I wonder... SurvivinDawg 03-08-02 4
 Yep... SurvivorBlows 03-08-02 5
   RE: Yep... Naked 03-09-02 6
       RE: Yep... dabo 03-09-02 7

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

true 9689 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-08-02, 10:10 AM (EST)
Click to EMail true Click to send private message to true Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Can We Ignore Tahiti Press Now?"
>>Does anyone think there is any value left in trying to use these press reports as reliable spoilers? <<

NO, NONE, NADDA, ZIP

true

Tatina 112 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

03-08-02, 10:28 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Tatina Click to send private message to Tatina Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Can We Ignore Tahiti Press Now?"
LAST EDITED ON 03-08-02 AT 10:57 AM (EST)

No, and believing, very deep down in my heart, that they might indeed be into something, caused me too many points at the Spoiling Island.

bigtomshouldhavewon 20 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

03-08-02, 10:41 AM (EST)
Click to EMail bigtomshouldhavewon Click to send private message to bigtomshouldhavewon Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "I wonder..."
Is it possible that these tahiti press reports were red herrings planted by MB to throw us off the trail? Or did the reporters just not know what they were talking about?

SurvivinDawg 6816 desperate attention whore postings

03-08-02, 11:12 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivinDawg Click to send private message to SurvivinDawg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: I wonder..."
Is it possible that these tahiti press reports were red herrings planted by MB to throw us off the trail? Or did the reporters just not know what they were talking about?

As Webby pointed out in the East Coast thresd last night, it was probably some of both. MB probably found these reporters easy to manipulate, and they dutifully reported what they thought to be true, not realizing they were being duped.

*** Contradictions don't exist. If you are faced with a contradiction, check your premises. You will find that one of them is wrong. -- Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

SurvivorBlows 15230 desperate attention whore postings

03-08-02, 11:15 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivorBlows Click to send private message to SurvivorBlows Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "Yep..."
LAST EDITED ON 03-08-02 AT 11:22 AM (EST)

I already voiced my opinion of the whole thing last night:

http://community.realitytvworld.com/boards/DCForumID2/2340.shtml#50

I probably sound like a broken record, but I've been saying FOR MONTHS that I was unconvinced that any of the TP (that's just about the right abbreviation) articles were useful.

They just seem to be a very crappy source of reporting -- conflicts everywhere, no acknowledgement of previous conflicting reports, etc. Hell, the African Standard was a far more credible paper. Maybe we can now finally kill the "one tribe moves before the merge," and "jury of 14" rumors -- time to file them away with the "S3's TC is in a treehouse" rumor.

And:

http://community.realitytvworld.com/boards/DCForumID2/2340.shtml#53

>Do you suppose MB used that paper as a red herring
>source?!?!

I threw out the idea several months ago... I don't think the reporters knew they might have been getting used, but I suggested that MB might have been playing them.

...I think I particularly mentioned it when the whole "1 tribe moves" idea was thrown out and their "evidence" was the area where the other tribe was still supposedly located was "still being patroled." My thought was that what was to stop Burnett from doing something as simple as keeping a couple of guards in the area and making the locals think the tribe was still there when instead they had already secretly moved to a new third merged tribe camp along with the other tribe.

It just seems too damn easy for Burnett to have played games with these guys -- even without having to resort to paying off some of the locals to lie to the reporters.

I've heard that there are still TP defenders out there now claiming that TP wasn't wrong, they were misquoted (something about TP saying that when Burnett first saw this native dish, three of the DINNER GUESTS refused to eat it) but I'm not buying it -- these guys are even worse than the Futurizmo folks.

-SB

Naked 887 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

03-09-02, 00:24 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Naked Click to send private message to Naked Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Yep..."
<<< I've heard that there are still TP defenders out there now claiming that TP wasn't wrong, they were misquoted (something about TP saying that when Burnett first saw this native dish, three of the DINNER GUESTS refused to eat it) but I'm not buying it -- these guys are even worse than the Futurizmo folks. >>>

Webby,

I also believe as you do that the TP is not a reliable source for spoiling, and that MB did put them in his back pocket by either buying them off or straight out duping them, but I also do remember reading that those who refused to eat the dish where dinner guests, and I never read that contestants refused to eat.
What does confuse me though, was that the article about the gross food said that he discovered the dish in late September, and the date of the IC challenge was in early September.

Naked

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings

03-09-02, 01:43 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Yep..."
>these guys are even worse than the Futurizmo folks.

Personally, I never saw any evidence that there was more than one Futurizmo guy, and if his name wasn't Varner it should have been.

> What does confuse me though,
>was that the article about
>the gross food said that
>he discovered the dish in
>late September, and the date
>of the IC challenge was
>in early September.
>
The original schedule for filming S4 would have had the game begin in October, I believe, but 9/11 forced them to find a new location and the game didn't commence until November.

And, yeah, I think MB exploited the Tahitians' lack of knowledge about Survivor knowing it would leak out to spoilers, just his way of saying, "Pardon my French."

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •