The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Will MB allow Maraamu to lose 3 in a row???"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

bergdogg 380 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

03-08-02, 01:18 AM (EST)
Click to EMail bergdogg Click to send private message to bergdogg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Will MB allow Maraamu to lose 3 in a row???"
Now this is just pure speculation, but it has to be said. As an editor of a tv show, MB knows that there are not many 8 vs 5 immunity challenges that can be fair for the tribe with only five members.

Now the real question comes out: Would Mark Burnett try to make up an immunity challenge that Maraamu can beat Rotu in?? Is there one??

Mark Burnett need to get some character development for the Rotu tribe, but really can't since his other tribe is full of other characters who can't seem to get it together.

We know about all of the alliances that seem to be forming in Maraamu, but Rotu is still a question. Who is in an alliance with who??

I don't see how Mark might not try to give Marlboro a little boost, if not just for a little more of a fairer competition, but for the sake of character development.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Will MB allow Maraamu to lose 3... GTmike 03-08-02 1
   RE: Will MB allow Maraamu to lose 3... westgirl98 03-08-02 2
       Paralells Africa Wacko Jacko 03-08-02 5
           RE: Paralells Africa Fast Eddie 03-08-02 7
           RE: Paralells Africa Loree 03-08-02 11
           RE: Paralells Africa smiles 03-08-02 14
               RE: Paralells Africa Alpengeist 03-09-02 15
                   RE: Paralells Africa ShowMeTheWinner 03-09-02 18
                       RE: Paralells Africa Alpengeist 03-10-02 20
   RE: Will MB allow Maraamu to lose 3... TechNoir 03-08-02 8
 RE: Will MB allow Maraamu to lose 3... Fast Eddie 03-08-02 3
 RE: Will MB allow Maraamu to lose 3... Lexi 03-08-02 4
   RE: Will MB allow Maraamu to lose 3... Wacko Jacko 03-08-02 6
   RE: Will MB allow Maraamu to lose 3... SurvivinDawg 03-08-02 9
 RE: Will MB allow Maraamu to lose 3... SurvivaBear 03-08-02 10
 RE: Will MB allow Maraamu to lose 3... wildchickenhunter 03-08-02 12
   wildchickenhunter jkokoj 03-08-02 13
       RE: wildchickenhunter erikman 03-09-02 16
 RE: Will MB allow Maraamu to lose 3... Swami 03-09-02 17
   RE: Will MB allow Maraamu to lose 3... shakes the clown 03-10-02 19
 RE: Will MB allow Maraamu to lose 3... Rattlehead 03-10-02 21
 RE: Will MB allow Maraamu to lose 3... I_AM_HE 03-11-02 22
   RE: Will MB allow Maraamu to lose 3... Fast Eddie 03-12-02 23

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

GTmike 1255 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

03-08-02, 02:03 AM (EST)
Click to EMail GTmike Click to send private message to GTmike Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Will MB allow Maraamu to lose 3 in a row???"
I agree that something has to happen. I think that injuries may plague Rotu, but we'll have to see when new commercials come out.

Teresa was on a local CBS station here in Atlanta for the nightly news and she just mentioned that Paschal seemed like a nice guy (from what she was watching). But then she said that Rotu needs to watch out b/c it is when a tribe gets comfortable and starts to think that they have everything figured out that MB pulls a twist and messes everything up.

It didn't seem like Teresa had any inside knowledge. She seemed to just watch what we all saw and then use her experience to help make some predictions.

westgirl98 92 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

03-08-02, 09:21 AM (EST)
Click to EMail westgirl98 Click to send private message to westgirl98 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Will MB allow Maraamu to lose 3 in a row???"
Maraamu has been my tribe from the start and even though it looks as though Rotu has them that may not be the case. I to agree that something has to be done in the state of fairness but then again this is a game and Rotu at the moment seems to be winning so maybe MB just needs to let a suvivor play out we already have Interesting TV watching all the friction I think Maraamu will get it together but they are a divided tribe much like last season in Africa. they also have no knowledge of an impeding switch either which would make it very interesting. I'm gonna stick with my original tribe I just hope they pull it together soon.

Wacko Jacko 2438 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

03-08-02, 11:01 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Wacko%20Jacko Click to send private message to Wacko%20Jacko Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "Paralells Africa"
LAST EDITED ON 03-08-02 AT 01:58 PM (EST)

Remember Africa how Ethan's tribe lost the first two immunity challenges. His tribe seemed to be in shambells. It was no the case instead the other tribe was the one in shambells.

I believe this will be the case hear. Notice how the only one painted as "trouble" is Kathy. And everyone else is quit. We heard Gabe express his dissatisfaction with Kathy. There may be others on the same side as Kathy. I think Burnett is hiding something. There has gotta be more conflict than is presented.

Also at first glance I would of said Mara had a big advantage physically against Rotu. Other than Pat (and maybe Peter) the Mara tribe was all young and fit people. Rotu on the other hand looked like a hodge podge group of different types of folks and I thought that they stood no chance against the other tribe. Mara is even younger now. They will put it together this week.

Fast Eddie 625 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

03-08-02, 11:14 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Fast%20Eddie Click to send private message to Fast%20Eddie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Paralells Africa"
Shambells. That's, like, bells that don't work, right?

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-08-02, 01:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Paralells Africa"
Well they were making it obvious lastnight that Kathy would never win a contest about knowing her tribemates. Gabe pointed out to her that she knew nothing about any of them and didn't seem interested in learning. Where he thought they should talk and find out about each other.

smiles 675 desperate attention whore postings

03-08-02, 02:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail smiles Click to send private message to smiles Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Paralells Africa"
There is one difference between Ethan's tribe and the M tribe. Ethan's tribe was not "divided" everyone pretty much agreed that they didn't like Clarence. Tribe M seems to mirror Boran's losing ability with Sambaro's youth, tribal division, and laziness. All which make for a dangerous combo.

Mara does have the physical advantage, but it means nothing if they don't have teamwork. They haven't shown much of that aside from showing up at the challenges holding hands and what not. In order to win challenges they will have to act as one.

Alpengeist 76 desperate attention whore postings

03-09-02, 01:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Alpengeist Click to send private message to Alpengeist Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Paralells Africa"
>There is one difference between Ethan's
>tribe and the M tribe.
> Ethan's tribe was not
>"divided" everyone pretty much agreed
>that they didn't like Clarence.
> Tribe M seems to
>mirror Boran's losing ability with
>Sambaro's youth, tribal division, and
>laziness. All which make
>for a dangerous combo.
At this point, I must dissent. Boran WAS divided along gender lines. How soon we forget.

Alp

ShowMeTheWinner 962 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

03-09-02, 11:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ShowMeTheWinner Click to send private message to ShowMeTheWinner Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Paralells Africa"
Boran wasn't really divided along gender lines. The women did cast their votes against other women-- Diane, Jessie. The women just tried to form the women alliance but they knew it couldn't work and had to work with the other tribe members as a team.

Alpengeist 76 desperate attention whore postings

03-10-02, 07:59 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Alpengeist Click to send private message to Alpengeist Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Paralells Africa"
Think back to a rather early TC - I think it was Boran's first after Jessie, but it might have been after the switcheroo. At the end, Jiffy said something like, "Wow, a tribe divided along gender lines. Go back and get some rest and work it out." The next week, everything seemed to be ok, but for a little bit, gender did divide them.

Alp

TechNoir 9741 desperate attention whore postings

03-08-02, 11:16 AM (EST)
Click to EMail TechNoir Click to send private message to TechNoir Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Will MB allow Maraamu to lose 3 in a row???"
I'm forced to quote my own personal communique to Landru:

"Poor EPM who will have to fix and fix and fix this one ... next week the challenge will be something so farty and awful so they have a chance to win one. And it will piss us all off. You heard it here."

I know that the notion of EPM "fixing" the challenges as we go along has never gained legs on this board, but it is one of the concepts that has taken me far .....

(And just an aside about the evil Landru ... he may get you all to force me into a conjugal moment with Tom in an Aztec, but he should be forced to watch with his eyes wired open. I'm sure I can handle the conjugal visit better than he can handle that movie playing over and over and over in his head.)

Here begins the 60 pixel series.

03-08-02, 10:22 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Fast%20Eddie Click to send private message to Fast%20Eddie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Will MB allow Maraamu to lose 3 in a row???"
He might let them even lose 4 in a row. Or they might do it despite his attempts to help them. There has been speculation that the merge will happen at 12. This could be a result of necessity. If tribes are 8-4, it's pretty hard to have any kind of fair competitions. It might come to this, forcing MB to merge them sooner than in previous shows.

Lexi 27 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

03-08-02, 10:37 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Lexi Click to send private message to Lexi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Will MB allow Maraamu to lose 3 in a row???"
Perhaps this week will be the Distress Signal Challenge for this very reason. This is a challenge that could go which ever way MB wants it to go. After all, it is a judged event, just like ice skating. ;o)

Wacko Jacko 2438 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

03-08-02, 11:04 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Wacko%20Jacko Click to send private message to Wacko%20Jacko Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Will MB allow Maraamu to lose 3 in a row???"
Very good point Lexi. I agree or it may be the maze or puzzle challenges where the more people you have the more people get in the way.

SurvivinDawg 6816 desperate attention whore postings

03-08-02, 11:20 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivinDawg Click to send private message to SurvivinDawg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Will MB allow Maraamu to lose 3 in a row???"
Exactly, Lexi! And I have it on good authority that MB just hired the Russian and French judges for the next IC.

*** Contradictions don't exist. If you are faced with a contradiction, check your premises. You will find that one of them is wrong. -- Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

SurvivaBear 2634 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

03-08-02, 01:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivaBear Click to send private message to SurvivaBear Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Will MB allow Maraamu to lose 3 in a row???"
I did not know whether I should start a new thread or not, but what about an early "fruitbasket turnover." In other words, MOOMOO loses the RC next week and they force them to swap team members. Jiffy did make a point of noting how "divided" MOOMOO was. Perhaps they could even the teams out his way, as well. (MOOMOO gives up two, ROTOO gives up four)

Just a thought.

"Destined for Greatness!"

wildchickenhunter 3192 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

03-08-02, 01:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail wildchickenhunter Click to send private message to wildchickenhunter Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Will MB allow Maraamu to lose 3 in a row???"
<<<Would Mark Burnett try to make up an immunity challenge that Maraamu can beat Rotu in?? Is there one??>>>

Yes there is.

How about a game of hide the sausage? I think the MU's would win this hand down! ****no pun intended*******

jkokoj 4389 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

03-08-02, 02:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jkokoj Click to send private message to jkokoj Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "wildchickenhunter"
I love that you are posting here! You have made me laugh out loud, at work and my co-workers wanted to know the joke!

erikman 324 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

03-09-02, 08:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail erikman Click to send private message to erikman Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: wildchickenhunter"
i was thinking oz survivor 1 team lost the 1st 3 ics in a row
then came back to win the 4th. maby mb saw how oz survivor worked out in the end and he liked it. i like the idea of pick your own tribe

Swami 5885 desperate attention whore postings

03-09-02, 11:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Swami Click to send private message to Swami Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Will MB allow Maraamu to lose 3 in a row???"
Since MB typically alternates physically demanding challenges, like the torch lighting in ep 1 with more mental ones, like eating gross food in ep 2, then the IC in episode 3 should be a physically demanding one. Two of the 3 challenges have been water related. In some respects, he is due to have a land-based challenge next.

A land-based challenge is one in which all current members of Mara, young & in shape, should do well in. Rotu has strong Robert sick and now maybe wounded (his foot injured). John is shown holding his hand in pain. Sitting out these two means that Paschal (age 57) & Kathy (47) would be going head-to-head with people 1, 2, or (in Sarah/Paschal case) 3 decades younger than themselves. Quite a disadvantage. This is not "giving Marlboro a boost" as you put it, but fits very well within MB's established variance in the types of challenges he films.

I hope MB gives us some indication of what the next IC is. I hope for some new previews soon.

Swami

shakes the clown 3366 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

03-10-02, 00:47 AM (EST)
Click to EMail shakes%20the%20clown Click to send private message to shakes%20the%20clown Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Will MB allow Maraamu to lose 3 in a row???"
>Since MB typically alternates physically demanding
>challenges, like the torch lighting
>in ep 1 with more
>mental ones, like eating gross
>food in ep 2, then
>the IC in episode 3
>should be a physically demanding
>one.

...I agree Swami, and we'll know that the fix is in if MB springs the bogus S.O.S IC at this point. If he does you'll know two things for sure.....one, that MB is not above trying to influence the results of Survivor through production manipulation, and two, that Marlboro will be holding the Immunity Idol no matter what, even if they skipped the challenge altogether and simply sent Sean 30 yards into the water waving a palm frond. The fix will definitely be in if they use that challenge, especially since we are due for a physical one now.

>
>A land-based challenge is one in
>which all current members of
>Mara, young & in shape,
>should do well in.
>Rotu has strong Robert sick
>and now maybe wounded (his
>foot injured). John is
>shown holding his hand in
>pain. Sitting out these
>two means that Paschal (age
>57) & Kathy (47) would
>be going head-to-head with people
>1, 2, or (in Sarah/Paschal
>case) 3 decades younger than
>themselves. Quite a disadvantage.
> This is not "giving
>Marlboro a boost" as you
>put it, but fits very
>well within MB's established variance
>in the types of challenges
>he films.

....or MB can screw Rotu the way he took care of Kucha in Australia and make all eight members participate in the IC, and then bring back the maze where it is clearly an advantage to have fewer members.

Rattlehead 6 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

03-10-02, 08:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Rattlehead Click to send private message to Rattlehead Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: Will MB allow Maraamu to lose 3 in a row???"
I think once we find out what this weeks IC is and check the bios. we will see that the IC will be taylored to Maraamus strengths. If you remember last season boran lost the first two ICS, and it looked like samburu was going to run away with it. Then EP3 IC was the distress signal, and Momma Kim on Boran just happened to have all those paints as her luxury item, they painted the mosquito nets with those bright colors( the image of Momma Kim in that thong and Big Tom running around with a feather in his crack is still burned into my retinas.)won the IC and the loosing streak was over. MB does not like the show to get too onesided. He wants the tribes to go into the merge as even as possible, and will do everything he can to make it so.

I_AM_HE 6123 desperate attention whore postings

03-11-02, 05:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail I_AM_HE Click to send private message to I_AM_HE Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: Will MB allow Maraamu to lose 3 in a row???"
I am still not convinced that one tribe being greatly short-handed come merge time is at all bad for the game. In fact,it may be good. When the tribes merge equal, they are forced to stick to tribal lines, and the tribe that manages to get an opposing tribe member voted off first begins the pagonging, and they win (unless one tribe is stupid enough *cough*boran*cough* to give up that advantage, in which case the other *cough*samboohoo*cough* will be stupid enough to give it back)

however, if the tribes merge significantly unbalanced (6-4, or even 7-3) the marginalized members of the powerful tribe and the remaining members of the weak tribe will be forced to form an inter-tribal alliance

that would make things quite interesting, IMO, and quite unlike previous seasons of the show. will MB risk it? i don't know

however, i do think with the injuries mounting in Rotu, they will indeed be at a physical disadvantage in this challenge no matter who they sit, and the tribal inbalance will probably right itself

03-12-02, 09:01 AM (EST)
23. "RE: Will MB allow Maraamu to lose 3 in a row???"
I agree with your imbalance observations. With a 7-3 or even 8-2 advantage, the Rutus could settle their own scores without fear of a threat. It would be a significant departure from what we've seen in the past, triggering a whole new level of interest.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •