The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Ep 3 Preview Vidcaps"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Bungler 497 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

03-07-02, 09:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bungler Click to send private message to Bungler Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Ep 3 Preview Vidcaps"
{Announcer} Next week, Survivor Marquesas moves to a new night, Wednesday at 8/7 central
{Jeff Probst} Tensions heat up at Maraamu

{Hunter} Please don’t be sensitive about this.
{Rob…unintelligible}
{Sarah} Apparently, I have to be!
{Hunter} No, you don’t.
{Sarah} Apparently, I have to be.

{Vecepia} There’s just too much drama in this place.

{Jeff Probst} At Rotu, the love tribe gets a lesson in pain.

{John…moaning}

{Robert…after a loud pop noise} Oh christ!

{John} Let me see. Let me see, Rob.

{Rob, voiceover} Pain, you know, you gotta deal with it.

{Tammy, snapping fingers} Things change…just like that around here.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Ep 3 Preview Vidcaps SurvivinDawg 03-07-02 1
 RE: Ep 3 Preview Vidcaps Loree 03-07-02 2
 RE: Ep 3 Preview Vidcaps Java 03-07-02 3
   RE: Ep 3 Preview Vidcaps true 03-08-02 9
       RE: Ep 3 Preview Vidcaps SurvivinDawg 03-08-02 14
 RE: Ep 3 Preview Vidcaps shakes the clown 03-07-02 4
   RE: Ep 3 Preview Vidcaps cowboyroo 03-07-02 5
       not just yet shakes the clown 03-07-02 7
   No Pain No Gain sweetpea 03-07-02 6
       RE: No Pain No Gain dabo 03-11-02 47
           RE: No Pain No Gain tribephyl 03-11-02 51
   RE: Ep 3 Preview Vidcaps cowboyroo 03-07-02 8
       RE: Ep 3 Preview Vidcaps rplaisted 03-08-02 10
           you're right... shakes the clown 03-08-02 12
       RE: Ep 3 Preview Vidcaps GTmike 03-08-02 11
   RE: Ep 3 Preview Vidcaps Siebured 03-10-02 39
 RE: Ep 3 Preview Vidcaps ShowMeTheWinner 03-08-02 13
 RE: Ep 3 Preview Vidcaps Java 03-08-02 15
   RE: Ep 3 Preview Vidcaps mistofleas 03-08-02 19
       RE: Ep 3 Preview Vidcaps lroy 03-08-02 27
       RE: Ep 3 Preview Vidcaps dabo 03-11-02 48
 RE: Ep 3 Preview Vidcaps Cin 03-08-02 16
 Also on next weeks show true 03-08-02 17
   RE: Also on next weeks show Wacko Jacko 03-08-02 18
   RE: Also on next weeks show Cin 03-08-02 23
       RE: Also on next weeks show SurvivinDawg 03-08-02 25
       Sean is the "God"father. Wacko Jacko 03-08-02 26
           RE: Sean is the "God"father. SurvivinDawg 03-08-02 28
 RE: Ep 3 Preview Vidcaps ycartdraw 03-08-02 20
   RE: Ep 3 Preview Vidcaps Meemo 03-08-02 22
       RE: Ep 3 Preview Vidcaps SurvivorBlows 03-08-02 32
       RE: Ep 3 Preview Vidcaps VanQ 03-10-02 45
 RE: Ep 3 Preview Vidcaps Bebo 03-08-02 21
   RE: A Thought on ROTU Injuries..... Dalton 03-08-02 24
   RE: Ep 3 Preview Vidcaps SurvivaBear 03-08-02 30
       RE: Ep 3 Preview Vidcaps SurvivinDawg 03-10-02 41
           actually Dawg... shakes the clown 03-10-02 42
               RE: actually Dawg... dabo 03-11-02 49
 *sigh*... this show is so predictab... sleeeve 03-08-02 29
   RE: *sigh*... this show is so predi... SurvivaBear 03-08-02 31
       RE: *sigh*... this show is so predi... Loree 03-08-02 33
   RE: *sigh*... this show is so predi... Bungler 03-08-02 34
       RE: *sigh*... this show is so predi... Java 03-08-02 35
       RE: *sigh*... this show is so predi... Loree 03-09-02 36
 RE: Ep 3 Preview Vidcaps izaown 03-10-02 37
   RE: Ep 3 Preview Vidcaps hearkittykitty 03-10-02 38
 RE: Ep 3 Preview Vidcaps NightScribe 03-10-02 40
   RE: Ep 3 Preview Vidcaps drich61 03-10-02 43
   Stings George Tirebiter 03-10-02 44
 RE: Ep 3 Preview Vidcaps big idiot 03-10-02 46
   RE: Ep 3 Preview Vidcaps GTmike 03-11-02 50

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

SurvivinDawg 6816 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-07-02, 10:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivinDawg Click to send private message to SurvivinDawg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Ep 3 Preview Vidcaps"
Bungler, if you were any faster, you'd be arrested!

Let me take this opportunity to say "thanks" for all you do posting these pics.

*** Contradictions don't exist. If you are faced with a contradiction, check your premises. You will find that one of them is wrong. -- Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

03-07-02, 10:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Ep 3 Preview Vidcaps"
With all the injuries at the Rotu tribe - maybe they will finally lose some challenges. At least everyone at the other tribe seems healthy even if they are a bit divided now.

Java 519 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

03-07-02, 10:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Java Click to send private message to Java Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Ep 3 Preview Vidcaps"
Looks like Rotu's problems come from splinters. It looks like a long one through John's pinky finger, and a smaller one jammed up under Robert's toenail. (Ouch) Minor concerns in normal conditions, but a big potential for infection in these surroundings. Hopefully they use plenty of hydrogen peroxide in the next couple of days.

Robert isn't having a very good time, is he?

Goe Zoe!

true 9689 desperate attention whore postings

03-08-02, 00:05 AM (EST)
Click to EMail true Click to send private message to true Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Ep 3 Preview Vidcaps"
Java,

Your eyes must be better than mine, cause I don't see any splinters. Johns hand looks real red to me, maybe he burned it on something. Not that it matters a whole lot, but only my 5 year old gets that dramatic over a splinter. And what the heck is he trying to do to Roberts foot with a knife? That would be a weird way for a nurse to remove a splinter from someones foot.

These injuries could be shown to mislead, but nothing in last weeks previews was misleading, it was laid out on a silver platter:

1. "Nacho Mamma" title=bootie
2. Rotu wins RC
3. IC tie
4. Rob looking all disappointed.

Maybe we should just focus on the obvious?

true

03-08-02, 08:16 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivinDawg Click to send private message to SurvivinDawg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Ep 3 Preview Vidcaps"
And what the heck is he trying to do to Robert's foot with a knife? That would be a weird way for a nurse to remove a splinter from someones foot.

Perhaps not as weird as you might think. When I was a kid, my mother (who, unlike Sarah's mom, still tries to boss me around and I'm well over 24, not to mention 34, but I digress) would take a needle or sometimes scissors and "push" a splinter to try to get it to stand up straight so that she could then pinch it and pull it out.

Having no scissors, John may be using the knife to do something similar to that, if it indeed is a splinter in Robert's foot.

As to your comments about misleading, I totally agree with you... and you're agreeing with my hollow theory without realizing it. I suspect that these injuries are real, but will generally amount to nothing as far as the next episode is concerned... but it may have an impact on the future.

*** Contradictions don't exist. If you are faced with a contradiction, check your premises. You will find that one of them is wrong. -- Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

shakes the clown 3366 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

03-07-02, 10:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail shakes%20the%20clown Click to send private message to shakes%20the%20clown Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Ep 3 Preview Vidcaps"
Great job Bungler, as always.

My first impression from a story arc perspective that we see turmoil in Marlboro and we see injuries in Rotu. But, what we don't see is Kathy anywhere. Does this mean that if Rotu goes to TC Kathy is safe as per the OFG theory ( i think I got it right based on her clarification...kathy is NOT present in the preview in either a good light or bad light...the point is that the bootee is always pictured prominently in the preview)...or does the OFG theory fall apart this week and Rotu gets rid of the obvious boot.

I think the injuries are most likely a red herring....as was pointed out by Java, the injuries are most likely splinters, hardly the equivalent of falling in the fire, so they won't affect the game in the same catastrophic sense. So, is MB trying to make us think that there will be an injured Rotu member who gets voted out instead of Kathy?

Or we could go the other way...marlboro loses yet another Immunity challenge. But, for now I'd just like to address the red herring in this preview, that being that the injuries will have an affect on the ep's vote.

So, in summary, what I am trying to say is that if Rotu loses the next IC, Kathy is good as gone.

Now comes the tough job....figuring out who wins IC, or hell, what the damn IC is since it doesn't look like we have any challenge pics.

cowboyroo 590 desperate attention whore postings

03-07-02, 11:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cowboyroo Click to send private message to cowboyroo Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Ep 3 Preview Vidcaps"
Shakes,

We seem to look in the same places for clues but look at them differently. My thought of the injuries were that they were red herring that Rotu would lose challenges when in fact it may be Maraamu, doing another first and losing 3 in a row...

03-07-02, 11:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail shakes%20the%20clown Click to send private message to shakes%20the%20clown Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "not just yet"
>Shakes,
>
>We seem to look in the
>same places for clues but
>look at them differently. My
>thought of the injuries were
>that they were red herring
>that Rotu would lose challenges
>when in fact it may
>be Maraamu, doing another first
>and losing 3 in a
>row...

...not quite Cowboyroo, I'm not saying that Rotu is going to lose IC, all I'm saying is that IF they do lose the IC, the injuries are misdirection to throw us off the trail of a Kathy boot.

I haven't made an opinion as to who is going to win the IC yet, but at first glance I would agree with you that the injuries are a misdirection and that Rotu wins the IC. Plus, as Sweetpea points out, the title of the episode (no pain, no gain) points to a Rotu storyline, most likely Rotu overcoming the pain (injuries) to gain immunity. And we all saw tonight how the story had a direct relation to what who got booted...however, tonight's ep title was ambiguous at best, whereas it seems clear that next week's title has a positive result for whoever it is about.

just some initial thoughts

sweetpea 223 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

03-07-02, 11:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sweetpea Click to send private message to sweetpea Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "No Pain No Gain"
Don't forgot the title for next week's episode. Obviously it refers to Rotu. Perhaps as they are the only tribe with pain, they will also have the gain--i.e. win another immunity challenge.

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings

03-11-02, 00:19 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
47. "RE: No Pain No Gain"
I had a similar thought, but the gain could refer to reward rather than immunity. The biggest thing here that I find is that, while Rotu is up by two players and can presumably sit two out in at least one of the up-coming challenges, but if the old rules still apply (and here I feel they should) then the same player(s) cannot sit out two challenges in a row. Robert, who got out of the float the boat reward challenge, has to participate in the next challenge where a sit-out can occur, even if Rotu can sit two out. And with an injury of some sort (though it may be slight) on top of his illness (aw, poor guy) from lack of protein, perhaps Maraamu will actually have a chance this time instead of being thoroughly trounced as in the previous challenges.

tribephyl 12393 desperate attention whore postings

03-11-02, 05:59 AM (EST)
Click to EMail tribephyl Click to send private message to tribephyl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
51. "RE: No Pain No Gain"
>I had a similar thought, but
>the gain could refer to
>reward rather than immunity.

YES!

>The biggest thing here that
>I find is that, while
>Rotu is up by two
>players and can presumably sit
>two out in at least
>one of the up-coming challenges,
>but if the old rules
>still apply (and here I
>feel they should) then the
>same player(s) cannot sit out
>two challenges in a row.

Right.

> Robert, who got out
>of the float the boat
>reward challenge, has to participate
>in the next challenge where
>a sit-out can occur, even
>if Rotu can sit two
>out.

....Except the rule is. The same person cannot sit out of the next consecutive challenge..He totally participated in the Fafaru challenge which would qualify as the next challenge. So he could indeed sit out for RC in Ep 3.

And with an
>injury of some sort (though
>it may be slight) on
>top of his illness (aw,
>poor guy) from lack of
>protein, perhaps Maraamu will actually
>have a chance this time
>instead of being thoroughly trounced
>as in the previous challenges.

Don't put your bets down yet...
>

cowboyroo 590 desperate attention whore postings

03-07-02, 11:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cowboyroo Click to send private message to cowboyroo Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Ep 3 Preview Vidcaps"
Right after the show was over, even before the preview, I thought Gina is going next week. I probably need to stick with my gut more often. I seem to change by the spoilers and stuff throughout week, when I'm usually more right going with gut.

rplaisted 2 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

03-08-02, 01:40 AM (EST)
Click to EMail rplaisted Click to send private message to rplaisted Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Ep 3 Preview Vidcaps"
This might sound silly, but Gain and Gina have the same letters. Possible spoiler?

03-08-02, 01:52 AM (EST)
12. "you're right..."
>This might sound silly, but Gain
>and Gina have the same
>letters.

...it does sound silly.

GTmike 1255 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

03-08-02, 01:48 AM (EST)
Click to EMail GTmike Click to send private message to GTmike Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Ep 3 Preview Vidcaps"
I think that John's hands in caps 6 & 7 look a lot like Mike's (S2) hands after he fell in the fire. Plus his hand looks WAY to pink to just be an injury that isn't a burn. He doesn't look like he broke a finger or sprained his wrist.

As for Robert, I think that maybe he got a splinter or a sea anemone or sea urchin (I don't know which one looks like the spiked ball) spine stuck deep in his foot and I don't think that they have tweezers to get it out, so John has to make a small cut or something to be able to get to the splinter. Robert is bending his leg and ankle, so I don't think that it is a sprain or a break.

I think that there is definitely a shift in power in Mara unless Sean and Vee still think that Sarah isn't pulling her weight and then she is gone.

Siebured 83 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

03-10-02, 12:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Siebured Click to send private message to Siebured Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
39. "RE: Ep 3 Preview Vidcaps"
LAST EDITED ON 03-10-02 AT 12:21 PM (EST)

Hi Shakes,
Just thought I'd mention that these may be challenge pics. Maybe its the SOS challenge. Why else would they be gathering this wood? Their shelter is already built. This fits with the "MB won't let them lose 3 in a row" theory.

I am now editing to add that it is not the SOS challenge. Another thread has vidcaps showing Hunter building a raft. So, both teams are doing this. Maybe it's one of those life saving/rescue challenges.

As for the injuries, John seems to be sitting next to the fire, I think he just burned his hand. But I think you're right, the injuries are just for entertainment value - they have nothing to do with the bootee.

A side note (OT the centipede theory): A friend of mine got bit by one of those island centipedes once. (by the way, they are HUGE, about 12" long and as thick as a garden hose) We were camping, and she didn't realize she was bitten until the next day, when her hand swelled to the size of a softball.

ShowMeTheWinner 962 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

03-08-02, 04:13 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ShowMeTheWinner Click to send private message to ShowMeTheWinner Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Ep 3 Preview Vidcaps"
LAST EDITED ON 03-09-02 AT 11:04 PM (EST)

My gut says Gina or Kathy to be the next bootee but I'm holding out my predictions for episode 3's bootee till I see more clips.

Anyway I find this conversation interesting,
"{Hunter} Please don’t be sensitive about this.
{Rob…unintelligible}
{Sarah} Apparently, I have to be!
{Hunter} No, you don’t.
{Sarah} Apparently, I have to be".

Is that Hunter trying to save his own skin by patching up with Sarah and therefore Rob? What do you guys think about his chance of success? His longevity in the game obviously has to depend on the tribe's next move or at least so until the twist.

Edited to say:
From Episode 4's titles, it sure sounds like Mara's going to lose another IC and MB has no choice to do the twist to save Mara's tribe members.

03-08-02, 09:07 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Java Click to send private message to Java Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Ep 3 Preview Vidcaps"
I'm not at work so I can't get to my imageing software and draw arrows, but if you look at this photo:

you can see an object protruding thru John's little finger. The top of the splinter is right above the spot where the finger meets the hand, and the bottom of the splinter is visible below the knuckle of his middle finger. I think his hand is red from work. He's been hauling rocks, dragging wood, etc...not your normal activity in a sales job or while nursing.

Look at those poles with which Rotu is working! What are they building, their own tribal council? The loud pop is probably the sound of Robert's end of the load hitting the ground when he injures his foot and drops everything. He's not near the water in these shots, so I don't think he gets stung. If he had a sprain or break MB would play it up bigger and John wouldn't be concentrating on his toes.

John's medical background looks like it will place him in good standing with the tribe.

Kathy is truly obnoxious, but Robert is a wimp. What has he done for the tribe so far? If he continues to be sick/injured, he is a viable candidate for a boot. Personally I'd still go for Kathy, though. Emotionally needy people are too draining to the team, and with Rotu's numbers advantage they can sit Robert out as need arises.

Goe Zoe!

mistofleas 8043 desperate attention whore postings

03-08-02, 11:32 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mistofleas Click to send private message to mistofleas Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Ep 3 Preview Vidcaps"
Java, I see what you're saying about something sticking out of John's pinky finger, but you can also tell that his hand is wet and "pruney" like he's had his hands in the water for awhile. There's drops of water on his legs and I think what you're seeing as the other end of the splinter under his hand is actually another drop of water.

I don't know about you guys, but putting your hand in water after you get a splinter isn't what I'd do (first it doesn't help the pain, second the water would make the splinter swell an make it harder to get out). I think that John was looking for food and got stuck by a spiney thing. Sea urchins are spikey but they're not poison. But there are lots of other things out there that could hurt you it you don't pick it up carefully.

That's just my little observation. Hope it helps.

mistofleas - making the world just a little more itchy

lroy 536 desperate attention whore postings

03-08-02, 02:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail lroy Click to send private message to lroy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "RE: Ep 3 Preview Vidcaps"

John doesn't look wet, i think he's just sweaty. When I exercise, my hands get red and they feel "tight", a lot like John's look.

I think if it was a sea creature (urchin??)it would be darker n color.

03-11-02, 00:32 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
48. "RE: Ep 3 Preview Vidcaps"
MISTOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! Big Hug, nice to see you again! Anyway, salty ocean water would have some antiseptic benefit, though it would also hurt especially on a fresh wound. John is a trained nurse and, trust me on this one, hospitals go through a lot of saline solution every day on wounds. It isn't pleasant, but a nurse would understand the value of a saline wash on a fresh wound, even if it is ocean water rather than sterile saline solution.

Cin 843 desperate attention whore postings

03-08-02, 09:52 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Cin Click to send private message to Cin Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Ep 3 Preview Vidcaps"
I am proably wrong, but I swear I heard someone say "it's broke". I'll look back at my tape tonight and see if I am mistaken, but did anyone else hear that?

Cin

true 9689 desperate attention whore postings

03-08-02, 10:28 AM (EST)
Click to EMail true Click to send private message to true Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "Also on next weeks show"
From the CBS site-

Next Week On Survivor:

Injuries plague a tribe, which employs a remedy you won't believe

Mutual admiration forms a close bond between two unlikely castaways

One castaway dubs himself "the Godfather" and works to proceed accordingly

Any thoughts on this? Does nurse John come up with some strange remedy? Who are the unlikely castaways? Maybe Paschal and Neleh. And who is "the Godfather"? Would that be our new villian?

true

Wacko Jacko 2438 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

03-08-02, 11:19 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Wacko%20Jacko Click to send private message to Wacko%20Jacko Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Also on next weeks show"
The Godfather is obvisiously Sean. He is stressing the word "God" and he has stressed his religous qualities.

Cin 843 desperate attention whore postings

03-08-02, 12:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Cin Click to send private message to Cin Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: Also on next weeks show"

>Mutual admiration forms a close bond
>between two unlikely castaways

Hunter and Sean are likely to be the two.

>One castaway dubs himself "the Godfather"
>and works to proceed accordingly

This actually could be many people, I agree it is most likely Sean, but wouldn't count out anyone else:
Robert : Our original goodfella
Rob : I know he's kinda dumb but maybe he may get a clue
John: Wants to be a major part in his tribe.

just some thoughts
Cin

03-08-02, 12:59 PM (EST)
25. "RE: Also on next weeks show"
>Mutual admiration forms a close bond
>between two unlikely castaways
Hunter and Sean are likely to be the two.

My money is on this being Neleh and Paschal, and a beginning of Lis/Rodger II.

Wacko Jacko 2438 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

03-08-02, 02:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Wacko%20Jacko Click to send private message to Wacko%20Jacko Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "Sean is the "God"father."
LAST EDITED ON 03-08-02 AT 02:14 PM (EST)

I'd bet all my points on that. He is punning off of his religous beliefs. He is also the type that would call himself that.

How this effects the game is very minimal unless others get tired of his preaching. But at this point they could not afford to get rid of him. Because he is a "fit" male they will consider needed. Although did you see him "try" to get rocks out of the boat? I think he got zero. Gabe on the other hand said he got 16. He was cranking.

03-08-02, 05:49 PM (EST)
28. "RE: Sean is the "God"father."
Wacko, you are using this thing called "logic." Unfortunately, our new friends in Marquesas, particularly in Maraamu are not using this strange device. Therefore, just because he's a strong male, don't think he's safe.

ycartdraw 46 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

03-08-02, 11:51 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ycartdraw Click to send private message to ycartdraw Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Ep 3 Preview Vidcaps"
OK, On the pic of John. I really think it is a burn. It is sooo pink. And also, he is holding his wrist, which to me shows that his entire hand is hurting, not just his finger. If is was about a splinter in his finger, no matter how big, don't you think he would be holding it at the base of that finger instead of at his wrist? I always thought it helped ease the pain if you slow the circulation around the immediate area, which if that is true, he would know that, being a nurse. So I have to go with it being a burn.

For Robert, he looks like he has a big whole between his toes. He had to have something jab up in there and cause a puncture wound. Those hurt like hell and get easily infected. So if that is the case, he could be out of pocket for awhile, causeing him to be liability. I am still going with a Kathy boot, for now. She is just to gripey and whiney. She doesn't flow with the group.

Meemo 3519 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

03-08-02, 12:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Meemo Click to send private message to Meemo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: Ep 3 Preview Vidcaps"
LAST EDITED ON 03-08-02 AT 12:36 PM (EST)

I was thinking about this, so hear me out.

Is it possible of a jellyfish sting on John's hand?

As any "Friends" fans would know, the best remedy for a jellyfish sting is to have someone urinate on it. This would certainly qualify as an "odd" remedy. (edited to add - my apologies to Bebo & SB who apparently are sharing a brain wave with me, and posted these exact thoughts on the other thread)

Who do you think would do the honors?

Meemo
(no clever logo required)

SurvivorBlows 15230 desperate attention whore postings

03-08-02, 07:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivorBlows Click to send private message to SurvivorBlows Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
32. "RE: Ep 3 Preview Vidcaps"
>"odd" remedy. (edited to add - my apologies to Bebo
>& SB who apparently are sharing a brain wave with
>me, and posted these exact thoughts on the other thread)

When I posted it, it was a "out of left field" theory to me, but hey, sometimes the most obvious things are the one's that work (Exhibit A: Why would Rotu pick Rob for the tiebreaker)

>Who do you think would do the honors?

Well, if you REMEMBER FRIENDS, Monica only needed someone else to help her because she "couldn't reach." Assuming it's John and assuming it's on his hand, you'd think he'd be able to handle it (no pun indended) himself (and if I were him, and I were ever in that situation, I don't know why, but for some strange reason I'd feel more comfortable handling it on my own -- somehow it would make it less awkward it it was MY OWN urine that was all over my body.)

-SB

VanQ 87 desperate attention whore postings

03-10-02, 05:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail VanQ Click to send private message to VanQ Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
45. "RE: Ep 3 Preview Vidcaps"
MEEMO, that is exactly my thought. When I saw the Rotu tribe indiscriminantly rolling over rocks, I thought someone is gonna get stung by something. There are jellyfish, urchins and some poisonous spiny fish (a small stingray, ala Sue Hawk) and shellfish in the area. It looks to me like he is stung, and the hand is probably feeling like a severe burn. The sting could have also occured from an insect as well.
Look at the middle finger it looks like a hive/sting, or raised welt of some sort.

Bebo 21083 desperate attention whore postings

03-08-02, 12:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: Ep 3 Preview Vidcaps"
I'm trying to figure out the significance of the moon shots with Hunter, Gina, and Rob to start the preview. Could it be that Rob does indeed decide that throwing in with Sean would be stupid (as he discussed in his confessional last week) and decides to ally with Hunter and Gina?

Shakes points out the misdirection of the injuries. Could we also be getting misdirection on who would be voted out at Maraamu? It looks like the issue is Sarah's hurt feelings about getting so many votes. Sean considered himself vulnerable in the last episode, so maybe we're seeing the signs that the remaining four (or even five, with Vee) have decided to go after him. Sean is the only member of Maraamu not pictured in the preview -- all of the others are shown.

Dalton 1271 desperate attention whore postings

03-08-02, 12:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Dalton Click to send private message to Dalton Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: A Thought on ROTU Injuries....."
Having spent time on tropical islands, I have learned that there are various types of insects, beetles, scorpions and the like which can inflict very painful "bites/stings".

Which is a good reason to watch where you are stepping barefoot and look before you stick your hand on foilage and fruit.

Such bites/stings can cause your hand to swell up and appear red much as John's hand shown in pic above. While it's not a "deadly" problem; it does hurt like hell for a day or two and there isn't much you can do about it.

Dalton

SurvivaBear 2634 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

03-08-02, 06:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivaBear Click to send private message to SurvivaBear Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
30. "RE: Ep 3 Preview Vidcaps"
"Sean is the only member of Maraamu not pictured in the preview -- all of the others are shown."

Good catch, although I am not sure it means much. The order and members appearing in previews have seldom proved to be reliable spoilers.

"Destined for Greatness!"

03-10-02, 02:08 PM (EST)
41. "RE: Ep 3 Preview Vidcaps"
Good catch, although I am not sure it means much. The order and members appearing in previews have seldom proved to be reliable spoilers.

SurvivaBear, I need to introduce you to someone named Outfrontgirl (OFG). I am very impressed with Outfrontgirl, who actually has a theory named after her on this board. The OFG Theory is something you need to get to know: MB virtually always shows the next bootee in the previous episode's previews. The expanded theory suggests that the person shown is not shown in a bad light in said previews.

03-10-02, 02:21 PM (EST)
42. "actually Dawg..."
The
>expanded theory suggests that the
>person shown is not shown
>in a bad light in
>said previews.

...I thought the same thing, but OFG posted a clarification of her theory a few days ago and it turns out that the theory is that the bootee will be featured in the preview (not necessarily as a storyline, but always in a tight camera shot where that person is the only person in the frame), but whether the person is featured in a good or bad light is NOT controlling.

I believe she said that several of the bootees in S3 were featured in a good light in the preview, but by no means were all of them. However, they all were featured in the preview in some form or another.

03-11-02, 00:53 AM (EST)
49. "RE: actually Dawg..."
Linda and Frank were the two exceptions to the "good light" rule during S3, and in my opinion they both gave MB no choice in the matter, neither gave him usable material which did not point to them as bootable freaks. As for OFG's promo theory as it applies to S4, if OFG is correct then MB will have dickered with this as well (see OFG's post on the last vote thread).

Personally, I think the Promo (OFG) Theory may still have some benefit in spoiling, but OFG is correct that it needs to be re-examined. So far this season, though, the theory has held up, which from what I've seen would lead me to expect the next boot would be Kathy, John, Sarah or Hunter. I do agree with OFG, though, that the theory needs to be re-examined, but I haven't enough to go on yet to make a seperate thresd of it. Anyone with any ideas about bootie significance in promos, I invite you to send me an email about it.

sleeeve 3456 desperate attention whore postings

03-08-02, 06:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sleeeve Click to send private message to sleeeve Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
29. "*sigh*... this show is so predictable..."
On the official website, they have a "warning" about the toxicity of centepede bites...

It says that an important Survival skill that all contestants should be aware of is "You can neutralize the poisonous bite of a centepede by applying urine to the bitten area."

All of the other important survival skills are pretty neutral "build a shelter", etc...

Recall this important survival tip from S2: "You should avoid building your shelter in the flood plain, as water levels may arise unexpectedly."

Basically, the important Survival skills are all stuff that we'll see happen.

Urinating on a centepede bite fits nicely with the preview:
"Injuries plague a tribe, which employs a remedy you won't believe."

Basically this is a red herring... as long as the survivors have read thier field guide, someone will know to urinate on John's hand, and it won't be an issue (although it will be interesting TV).

As for the knife to Robert's foot... I have no idea!!!

You never know what might be up my sleeeve...

SurvivaBear 2634 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

03-08-02, 06:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivaBear Click to send private message to SurvivaBear Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
31. "RE: *sigh*... this show is so predictable..."
You mean there is nothing in the Survivor Handbook about using knoves to remove splinters. Sheese, I can see it now. Important survival tip: Use a knife to remove splinters from the feet.

"Destined for Greatness!"

03-08-02, 08:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
33. "RE: *sigh*... this show is so predictable..."
We know John really really wants to be the alpha male leader of this tribe. I hope he wouldn't go so far as cutting Robert's toe off to achieve this. Yikes!

Bungler 497 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

03-08-02, 10:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bungler Click to send private message to Bungler Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
34. "RE: *sigh*... this show is so predictable..."

>As for the knife to Robert's
>foot... I have no idea!!!

sleeeve (and others)...

About the knife to Robert's foot. Actually, John does not have the knife to Robert's foot. I don't know if anybody has the tape to watch, but John is holding something (string, thread, or something like a pine needle maybe) and SAWING the blade of the knife across it.

Don't know what kind of speculation that might evoke, but it's worth pointing out. Any medical personnel out there who might be able to chime in? Could John be cutting sutures with his knife (and, if so, do you think he'd have a needle and thread to sew stitches, or would he even risk infection by trying to do something like that)? I can't think of any other things that that might be, but I'm just not in the field.

03-08-02, 11:27 PM (EST)
35. "RE: *sigh*... this show is so predictable..."
And someone is holding Robert's hand. It looks like Zoe based on the shirt. Ain't she a sweetie, Scribe?

Goe Zoe!

03-09-02, 12:22 PM (EST)
36. "RE: *sigh*... this show is so predictable..."
Wouldn't they bring in the medics if someone needed stitches. I find it hard to believe that MB would let them take care of something like that themselves. I don't think even MB wants them getting a bad infection.

izaown 3 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

03-10-02, 00:35 AM (EST)
Click to EMail izaown Click to send private message to izaown Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
37. "RE: Ep 3 Preview Vidcaps"
I just wonder why Rob is directly in the circle of full moon, not so with Hunter's and Gina's capture....hmmm...any thoughts?

hearkittykitty 75 desperate attention whore postings

03-10-02, 10:51 AM (EST)
Click to EMail hearkittykitty Click to send private message to hearkittykitty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
38. "RE: Ep 3 Preview Vidcaps"
I thought that was Sarah in the moon cap.

Sarah faces of Hunter and Rob is caught in the middle.

NightScribe 761 desperate attention whore postings

03-10-02, 01:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail NightScribe Click to send private message to NightScribe Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
40. "RE: Ep 3 Preview Vidcaps"
more clues from the CBS website video:

VO: Hunter is strong, handsome, the all American
Hunter: Winning is an attitude you carry around 100% of the time.
VO: But is Rob challenging his leadership?
Rob: I would not let it show for the life of me.
VO: While on the other side of the island, it's a love fest.
Neleh: Every single person on this side calls me Sweetpea.
VO: But little do they know they're about to get stung by mother nature.
Robert: Pain is easy, life is hard, man.

Okay, so we know now that there will be a "sting", and I think this is in regards to John's hand. Check out these caps from SurvivorFever.net

So, John goes out fishing and encounters...what? What is that thing?

drich61 558 desperate attention whore postings

03-10-02, 03:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail drich61 Click to send private message to drich61 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
43. "RE: Ep 3 Preview Vidcaps"
NightScribe,

That is a shark, but it is as misleading as the crock shot the week Micheal feel into the fire in S2. That is NOT John's injury.

George Tirebiter 2982 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

03-10-02, 05:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail George%20Tirebiter Click to send private message to George%20Tirebiter Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
44. "Stings"
Scribe, I agree that snorkeling is the most likely cause of John's injury, but it has nothing to do with the shark pic. . . The majority of sharks are actually quite timid. Lots of things he could've run into that have stingers/venom: stingrays (you need to shuffle your feet to alert them you're coming, or they'll lash out when you surprise them,) jellyfish (these most often travel in huge schools, so you know they're there--and most of them DON'T have venom, they're just little blobs of translucent glop,) and even sea urchins (which we saw them harvesting last show.) Any such sting would result in a VERY painful, very red area, followed by a couple days of intense burning and swelling.Urine could very well be the best relief. . . Even barnacles can cause terrible infections and pain if you step on them or bump into them while you're digging around the bottom--they grow on everything--but given the redness of his hand, I'm guessing he encountered something with a stinger.

My guess is that these injuries make for some apparent drama, but don't really impact the game.

GT

big idiot 193 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

03-10-02, 10:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail big%20idiot Click to send private message to big%20idiot Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
46. "RE: Ep 3 Preview Vidcaps"
My big dumb opinion:
(amalgamated from the big smart opinions of others in this thread)

1) Night scene with H+R+S:
Hunter has already convinced Rob to "rejoin" him and Gina. Now he is trying to make good with Rob's grinder monkey (Sara). He is telling her not to be sensitive that he and Gina tried to vote her off at the last TC, but as usual, all are sensitive about getting votes cast against them (aka the Lex Hex).

2) Robert's foot:
Based on all analyses in this thread, i go with he stepped on a sharp sea urchin. We saw someone pull one of these out of the water when Kathy and the gang were shell hunting.

3) Bootees and misdirection:
Kathy is probably next to go. It is logical to the viewer, it seems like it will be logical to the tribe. Focusing on injuries and not her pissing someone off again is Preview misdirection.

Just my dumb input, BI

GTmike 1255 desperate attention whore postings

03-11-02, 01:43 AM (EST)
Click to EMail GTmike Click to send private message to GTmike Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
50. "RE: Ep 3 Preview Vidcaps"
Here is some stuff that I noticed from looking at the caps closer:

--Robert's foot, if you look at it in an actual video (it is hard to see in the cap), you can see that at the ball of his foot under his big toe there seems to be what looks like something that punctured the foot and then his skin is being tugged as if it was connected to a string of some sort. John is definitley holding something in his fingers. The thing in Robert's foot could also be a lure that they made from the trees. That could explain the string and why his skin looks like it is getting pulled.

--the scene behind Robert where he is limping looks like something got messed up after a storm. Maybe its their shelter. Isn't there going to be bad weather that is supposed to come to the island. The ground looks wet, like after a good rain. I guess that Robert's injury happens after the storm. But before IC (b/c it is sunny at IC). Maybe Robert is not affected for the RC. IMO the storm comes after the RC day and Robert gets hurt before the IC.

Just some thoughts and ideas to help put things together and form a timeline.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •