The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Songs Spoilers, Final 4, The Bee Gees Week."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences American Idol General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

Snidget 44369 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-08-07, 06:45 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Songs Spoilers, Final 4, The Bee Gees Week."
This comes from a USA Today article which has a lot of details about the final four and how their week shaped up.

http://tinyurl.com/3yhfdb

They have a day by day breakdown of what they did to prepare this week. Wow those Gibbs are prolific. They have a list that is 44 pages long with over 600 songs.

Don't know if these will be the final songs, but this is what they are reporting as well as some of the other choices they were thinking of. They will be singing two songs each this week.

Blake
You Should Be Dancing
This Is Where I Came In

Jordin
Woman in Love,
To Love Somebody.

Melinda
Love You Inside Out
How Can You Mend a Broken Heart,

Lakisha
Run to Me
Stayin' Alive

"I am returning this otherwise good typing paper to you because someone has printed gibberish all over it and put your name at the top."
- An English Professor

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Songs Spoilers, Final 4, The Be... altpeach 05-08-07 1
   RE: Songs Spoilers, Final 4, The Be... mia rules18 05-08-07 13
 RE: Songs Spoilers, Final 4, The Be... zazzy 05-08-07 2
   RE: Songs Spoilers, Final 4, The Be... Snidget 05-08-07 3
       RE: Songs Spoilers, Final 4, The Be... mistyrose52 05-08-07 4
           RE: Songs Spoilers, Final 4, The Be... Glow 05-08-07 5
           RE: Songs Spoilers, Final 4, The Be... geekboy 05-08-07 7
 RE: Songs Spoilers, Final 4, The Be... bullzeye 05-08-07 6
   RE: Songs Spoilers, Final 4, The Be... bzooti 05-08-07 12
       RE: Songs Spoilers, Final 4, The Be... bzooti 05-08-07 16
 RE: Songs Spoilers, Final 4, The Be... Magnolia_Rocker 05-08-07 8
   RE: Songs Spoilers, Final 4, The Be... Breezy 05-08-07 11
 RE: Songs Spoilers, Final 4, The Be... geekboy 05-08-07 9
   RE: Songs Spoilers, Final 4, The Be... Snidget 05-08-07 10
       RE: Songs Spoilers, Final 4, The Be... bzooti 05-08-07 15
           RE: Songs Spoilers, Final 4, The Be... geekboy 05-08-07 17
               RE: Songs Spoilers, Final 4, The Be... bzooti 05-08-07 18
 RE: Songs Spoilers, Final 4, The Be... bzooti 05-08-07 14
 RE: Songs Spoilers, Final 4, The Be... Ahtumbreez 05-08-07 19

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

altpeach 139 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

05-08-07, 07:18 AM (EST)
Click to EMail altpeach Click to send private message to altpeach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Songs Spoilers, Final 4, The Bee Gees Week."
Wow, Lakisha and "Staying Alive". Maybe she is doing this because Phil did "Blaze of Glory" and went down in a blaze of, well you know. So hopefully for her, this song will work for her in more ways than one.
Other than that, I will reserve comments until I have heard/seen the performances.
BTW, thanks for the spoils Snidget.

mia rules18 409 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

05-08-07, 11:51 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mia%20rules18 Click to send private message to mia%20rules18 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Songs Spoilers, Final 4, The Bee Gees Week."
They should have done the Bee Gees earlier in the season...Chris R. would have been great! And who knows, Sanjaya could have done a great Stayin Alive...We'll have to see how Lakisha does, she's been getting better with song choices, so maybe she'll surprise me on that one. LOVE the Bee Gees, I'm excited about tonight!

zazzy 4390 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

05-08-07, 08:42 AM (EST)
Click to EMail zazzy Click to send private message to zazzy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Songs Spoilers, Final 4, The Bee Gees Week."
LAST EDITED ON 05-08-07 AT 08:43 AM (EST)

Thanks, Snidget!

I wonder if this is the singing order because imo only Blake and Lakisha are a shot to sing last.

So tonight is the start of two songs a night...I thought I knew the Bee Gees but I do not recognize some of these songs.

And I wonder if they will have only two hours to vote and we have one of those nights where they show each person has roughly 25% making them look equal...?

05-08-07, 08:50 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Songs Spoilers, Final 4, The Bee Gees Week."
It sounded like they included what they have written, not just what they recorded, which increases the number of songs by quite a bit.

"I am returning this otherwise good typing paper to you because someone has printed gibberish all over it and put your name at the top."
- An English Professor

mistyrose52 795 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

05-08-07, 09:20 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mistyrose52 Click to send private message to mistyrose52 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Songs Spoilers, Final 4, The Bee Gees Week."
Don't recognize "Woman In Love", so that must have been written for someone else-they did a lot of those, as well. As we all know......I may recognize it when Jordin sings it.

I have been a Bee Gees' fan since the late 60's-they are just the best ever. And I think Barry should bring some amazing advice and hopefully new heights to these guys-if they even know who he is. Hopefully, they've done their homework!

I think most of those songs will work, just can't see Lakisha doing "Staying Alive"-can't see ANYONE but the Bee Gees going that.......well, especially NOT a woman. We'll see. She'll either bomb badly or bring down the house. I'm betting on the former.......

Glow 14353 desperate attention whore postings

05-08-07, 09:28 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Glow Click to send private message to Glow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Songs Spoilers, Final 4, The Bee Gees Week."
"I am a woman in love
And I'd do anything
To get you into my world
And hold you within "

geekboy 1788 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

05-08-07, 09:55 AM (EST)
Click to EMail geekboy Click to send private message to geekboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Songs Spoilers, Final 4, The Bee Gees Week."
"Woman In Love" was sung by Barbra Streisand.

Jordin doing Streisand? Gawd....

geekboy

I love puppies! S. Cowell

bullzeye 5030 desperate attention whore postings

05-08-07, 09:38 AM (EST)
Click to EMail bullzeye Click to send private message to bullzeye Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Songs Spoilers, Final 4, The Bee Gees Week."
Blake
You Should Be Dancing

I would say that I will tune in solely to see Blake's performance of this, but you guys know I would tune in if they were all signing songs from Sesame Street - so who am I kidding?

Can't wait for tonight!

A birthday present from Tribe

bzooti 82 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

05-08-07, 11:50 AM (EST)
Click to EMail bzooti Click to send private message to bzooti Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Songs Spoilers, Final 4, The Bee Gees Week."

oh lordy. please please have Blake pick something else.

i'm just not a fan of falsetto.

don't do it blake. don't.

05-08-07, 03:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bzooti Click to send private message to bzooti Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Songs Spoilers, Final 4, The Bee Gees Week."
well now. I learned something new.

I always did like early Bee Gees, even though I basically hate disco.

Wikipedia excerpt:

"This Is Where I Came In is the Bee Gees' twentieth original album and the final album released by the group before the death of band member Maurice Gibb in 2003. The album was released in 2001. The single, "This Is Where I Came In", which is reported to be a reflection on the Bee Gees' career, reached No. 18 in UK charts in 2001.

The album features a variety of musical styles and genres. "This Is Where I Came In" follows the rock/indie theme more commonly found on 60s Bee Gees songs."

I found an snippet here:

http://www.amazon.com/This-Where-Came-Bee-Gees/dp/B00005B6C9

this should be good on Blake. or rather, he should make this is own rather nicely.

Magnolia_Rocker 2139 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

05-08-07, 09:58 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Magnolia_Rocker Click to send private message to Magnolia_Rocker Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Songs Spoilers, Final 4, The Bee Gees Week."
Lakisha doing Staying Alive? I hope this spoiler is wrong. Ugh.

Snidget Mommyfied me!

Breezy 18380 desperate attention whore postings

05-08-07, 10:40 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Breezy Click to send private message to Breezy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Songs Spoilers, Final 4, The Bee Gees Week."
I'll second that and raise you a *gag*.

Save a horse, ride a cowboy.

05-08-07, 09:59 AM (EST)
Click to EMail geekboy Click to send private message to geekboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Songs Spoilers, Final 4, The Bee Gees Week."
Based on the last few weeks of spoilers, I won't believe them until I see them performed.

geekboy

05-08-07, 10:03 AM (EST)
10. "RE: Songs Spoilers, Final 4, The Bee Gees Week."
True, but I trust the USA today reporter to be a bit more likely to at least report what they were doing during the week when they are doing a "Week in the Life" story than some dude's brother's cousin's landscaper's sister's boyfriend who happens to be some random person working on Idol, like some of the spoilers seem to be.

- An English Professor

05-08-07, 03:32 PM (EST)
15. "RE: Songs Spoilers, Final 4, The Bee Gees Week."

I should have been much more suspicious of that last set.

didn't the guy lead it off by saying his friend normally doesn't leak anything to him, because he knows he'll post it, but this time the friend made an exception because this dude is such a huge bon jovi fan?

it's like those IQ tests.

if bobbie loves sanjaya and sanjaya has a ponyhawk, then the mohawk's fifth grade class will win this week's karaoke contest.

I think these spoilers will prove accurate, unless somebody changed their mind after the reporter left.

USA is real journalism. Pop journalism, yes. but the reporters are professionals.

05-08-07, 03:49 PM (EST)
17. "RE: Songs Spoilers, Final 4, The Bee Gees Week."
"Real Journalism"

Isn't that an oxymoron like "jumbo shrimp"?

geekboy

05-08-07, 05:18 PM (EST)
18. "RE: Songs Spoilers, Final 4, The Bee Gees Week."
hey.

now ask me what I do for a living.

but seriously, I have a friend who ended up as a USA Today science writer, based in DC I think. (Ok fine, a former friend). And she was pretty hard-nosed about her career, very serious-minded young (Ok fine, a then-young) woman.

05-08-07, 11:51 AM (EST)
14. "RE: Songs Spoilers, Final 4, The Bee Gees Week."

the only one that really speaks to me on this list is Melinda doing "How Can You Mend a Broken Heart."

now THAT i'd love to hear!

Ahtumbreez 10456 desperate attention whore postings

05-08-07, 07:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Ahtumbreez Click to send private message to Ahtumbreez Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Songs Spoilers, Final 4, The Bee Gees Week."
I want to know if anybody is singing with Andy!
*sigh whatta beefcake he was

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •