The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Top 3 Favorite Performances"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences American Idol General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

SilverStar 6205 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-07-07, 10:43 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SilverStar Click to send private message to SilverStar Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Top 3 Favorite Performances"
I've been meaning to start this thread for awhile, but now I'm glad I waited because I have a new #1!

1. Blake - "You Give Love a Bad Name"

2. Blake - "Time of the Season"

3. Jordin - "I Who Have Nothing"

I don't even need to provide comments for my Blake choices. I know quite a few of you are right there with me. Love.him.

I think the only reason I hang on to hope for Jordin is because of that one performance. I absolutely loved it, and I still listen/watch it all the time. It really moved me, gave me chills.

So, what are your top 3 so far? Obviously this could change in the next couple weeks, but then we will just have to make new lists!

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Top 3 Favorite Performances geekboy 05-07-07 1
   RE: Top 3 Favorite Performances SilverStar 05-07-07 4
 RE: Top 3 Favorite Performances Snidget 05-07-07 2
   RE: Top 3 Favorite Performances CTgirl 05-07-07 7
   RE: Top 3 Favorite Performances emydi 05-07-07 9
 RE: Top 3 Favorite Performances Glow 05-07-07 3
   RE: Top 3 Favorite Performances Breezy 05-07-07 6
       RE: Top 3 Favorite Performances Glow 05-07-07 8
 RE: Top 3 Favorite Performances zazzy 05-07-07 5
 RE: Top 3 Favorite Performances bullzeye 05-08-07 10
   RE: Top 3 Favorite Performances Magnolia_Rocker 05-08-07 11
 RE: Top 3 Favorite Performances YankeeDixieDoodle 05-08-07 12

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

geekboy 1788 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

05-07-07, 11:02 AM (EST)
Click to EMail geekboy Click to send private message to geekboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Top 3 Favorite Performances"
Here are mine.

1) Lakisha - "And I Am Telling You"
2) Melinda - "My Funny Valentine". Gave me chills.
3) Melinda - "There Will Come A Day". Chills, Volume 2.

geekboy

I love puppies! S. Cowell

SilverStar 6205 desperate attention whore postings

05-07-07, 11:21 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SilverStar Click to send private message to SilverStar Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Top 3 Favorite Performances"
That Lakisha performance is my #4. She was amazing that first night.

Snidget 44369 desperate attention whore postings

05-07-07, 11:10 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Top 3 Favorite Performances"
1. Blake - "Time of the Season"
2. Blake - "You Give Love a Bad Name"
3. Lakisha - "And I Am Telling You"

Unfortunately Lakisha has never IMO captured that magic again and it is disappointing.

While I usually like Jordin's or Melinda's songs better none has stood out for me the way that one did of all the diva songs.

"I am returning this otherwise good typing paper to you because someone has printed gibberish all over it and put your name at the top."
- An English Professor

CTgirl 8013 desperate attention whore postings

05-07-07, 12:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CTgirl Click to send private message to CTgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Top 3 Favorite Performances"
I agree with Snidget (love your new siggie!) With "Somewhere Only We Know" my 4th.

emydi 13669 desperate attention whore postings

05-07-07, 03:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Top 3 Favorite Performances"
ditto smidge's list for me

honorable mentions...anything else by Blake...Chris R on classics nite, Phil--country, blz of glory and every breath you take

Glow 14353 desperate attention whore postings

05-07-07, 11:15 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Glow Click to send private message to Glow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Top 3 Favorite Performances"
My top two are the same but reversed.

1. Blake "Time of the Season"
2. Blake "You Give Love a Bad Name"
3. Chris "Geek in the Pink" (I so wish there was a studio version that I could buy of this.)

Breezy 18380 desperate attention whore postings

05-07-07, 12:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Breezy Click to send private message to Breezy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Top 3 Favorite Performances"
I downloaded the original for Geek in the Pink. I like the song.

Glow 14353 desperate attention whore postings

05-07-07, 12:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Glow Click to send private message to Glow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Top 3 Favorite Performances"
Yep. I downloaded Mraz's version too. I think it was within that week or so that Mr. A-Z (one of the best album titles ever) saw his song creeping up the charts.

If you will recall, Randy said he liked Chris' version better and I think it was Simon that said it was the best performance of the night. That created a bunch of the "pimping" for Chris talk. In truth, it was the best performance of the night (that was when Sligh was still doing well and Nick did "Fever" so I had a three-way tie for first but after repeated playback of GitP, it's pretty clear to me now who was the best that night for me) and I too like it better than Mraz's. I have played them back to back and love what Chris did with it. Plus, come on, who else that was ever on American Idol would ever dare to attempt a song like this AND pull it off?

zazzy 4390 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

05-07-07, 11:44 AM (EST)
Click to EMail zazzy Click to send private message to zazzy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Top 3 Favorite Performances"
No surprises:

Blake--Somewhere Only We Know
Blake--You Give Love A Bad Name
Blake--Time Of The Season

All the others' performances run together for me except for Lakisha's "And I Am Telling You".

Maybe someone will list Melinda's top three performances because I know she has done really well--I just can not name one right now.

bullzeye 5030 desperate attention whore postings

05-08-07, 09:54 AM (EST)
Click to EMail bullzeye Click to send private message to bullzeye Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Top 3 Favorite Performances"
I know quite a few of you are right there with me. Love.him.

Yep - I am right there with you on the Blake love!

My fav's:

(1) Blake - Time of the Season
(2) Blake - You Give Love a Bad Name
(3) Dunno.

I think it is telling that these are the only two performances that really stand out for me. I also could switch #1 and #2 quite easily as I loved them both, but I give Time of the Season the nod as it was the first "Blow me away" of the season.

Can't wait to see his rendition of "You Should Be Dancing", assuming the spoilers are correct.

A birthday present from Tribe

Magnolia_Rocker 2139 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

05-08-07, 09:57 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Magnolia_Rocker Click to send private message to Magnolia_Rocker Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Top 3 Favorite Performances"
I'll ditto Bullz here. Those are the only two performances I remember as stand-out. Not surprising.

Snidget Mommyfied me!

YankeeDixieDoodle 442 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

05-08-07, 10:12 AM (EST)
Click to EMail YankeeDixieDoodle Click to send private message to YankeeDixieDoodle Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Top 3 Favorite Performances"
LAST EDITED ON 05-08-07 AT 10:14 AM (EST)

Melinda-There Will Come a Day.

Melinda-Trouble is a Woman.

Jordin- Broken Wing. But, she's been going down-hill ever since.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •