The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Vidcaps from ET -- Fafaru Challenge"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Bungler 497 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

03-06-02, 07:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bungler Click to send private message to Bungler Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Vidcaps from ET -- Fafaru Challenge"
Looks like Sarah & Gina aren't having any trouble at all. I swear Sarah even mouths the words, "Very good." On the other hand, Rob, Robert & Neleh are definitely gagging, and Hunter, Vee and Gabe look to be not enjoying what they're eating at all.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 Damn Bungler, you are QUICK!! true 03-06-02 1
   RE: Damn Bungler, you are QUICK!! buckeyefan 03-06-02 2
 RE: Vidcaps from ET -- Fafaru Chall... Java 03-06-02 3
   RE: Vidcaps from ET -- Fafaru Chall... NightScribe 03-07-02 27
       RE: Vidcaps from ET -- Fafaru Chall... cowboyroo 03-07-02 30
 RE: Vidcaps from ET -- Fafaru Chall... smokedog 03-06-02 4
   RE: Vidcaps from ET -- Fafaru Chall... TechNoir 03-06-02 5
       RE: Vidcaps from ET -- Fafaru Chall... cowboyroo 03-06-02 6
 Does Neleh eat twice? shakes the clown 03-07-02 7
   RE: Does Neleh eat twice? cowboyroo 03-07-02 8
       RE: Does Neleh eat twice? PepeLePew13 03-07-02 11
           RE: Does Neleh eat twice? Bungler 03-07-02 15
               RE: Does Neleh eat twice? PepeLePew13 03-07-02 16
       RE: Does Neleh eat twice? sleeeve 03-07-02 12
   RE: Does Neleh eat twice? PepeLePew13 03-07-02 9
       RE: Does Neleh eat twice? NightScribe 03-07-02 18
   RE: Does Neleh eat twice? diamond 03-07-02 10
       Zoe has the hat idiotcowboy 03-07-02 17
           RE: Zoe has the hat cowboyroo 03-07-02 20
   RE: Does Neleh eat twice? ycartdraw 03-07-02 36
   RE: Does Neleh eat twice? tribephyl 03-07-02 43
 Has Pepe Seen the Original Article? IceCat 03-07-02 13
   No, not yet PepeLePew13 03-07-02 14
       TP originals George Tirebiter 03-07-02 29
           Originals at SS MakeItStop 03-07-02 48
               RE: Originals at SS diamond 03-07-02 49
 RE: Vidcaps from ET -- Fafaru Chall... Java 03-07-02 19
 Another observation cowboyroo 03-07-02 21
   Excuse My Ignorance DeclaringJihadOnSurvivor 03-07-02 22
       RE: Excuse My Ignorance cowboyroo 03-07-02 23
           the real poofhead smiley 03-07-02 24
               RE: the real poofhead DeclaringJihadOnSurvivor 03-07-02 25
                   RE: the real poofhead GTmike 03-07-02 26
                       RE: the real poofhead smiley 03-07-02 31
                           RE: the real poofhead FesterFan1 03-07-02 32
       RE: ShowMeTheWinner 03-07-02 28
           RE: DeclaringJihadOnSurvivor 03-07-02 33
 RE: Vidcaps from ET -- Fafaru Chall... cowboyroo 03-07-02 34
   RE: Vidcaps from ET -- Fafaru Chall... FesterFan1 03-07-02 38
       RE: Vidcaps from ET -- Fafaru Chall... cowboyroo 03-07-02 45
   RE: Vidcaps from ET -- Fafaru Chall... diamond 03-07-02 39
 2 bowls DeclaringJihadOnSurvivor 03-07-02 35
 Comment from Rob about being able t... SurvivorBlows 03-07-02 37
   Link with Neleh about to yak in fro... cowboyroo 03-07-02 40
       RE: Link with Neleh about to yak in... DeclaringJihadOnSurvivor 03-07-02 42
   RE: Comment from Tammy about being ... diamond 03-07-02 41
   RE: Comment from Rob about being ab... Swami 03-07-02 44
       RE: Comment from Rob about being ab... SurvivorBlows 03-07-02 46
           RE: Comment from Rob about being ab... GuessItRains 03-07-02 47

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

true 9689 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-06-02, 08:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail true Click to send private message to true Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "Damn Bungler, you are QUICK!!"
Thanks for posting these so quickly. Bungler. My first thoughts were to cross Neleh, Robert and Gabe off the list of three that, (allegedly) flat out refuse to eat this stuff. And thank goodness this isn't smell-o-vision, cause it doesn't look nearly as gross as it apparently tastes and smells.

true

buckeyefan 11 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

03-06-02, 09:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail buckeyefan Click to send private message to buckeyefan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Damn Bungler, you are QUICK!!"
You are quick! You must have your eye on the t.v. at all times trying to catch any new previews!

Boy does Rob, Neleh, and Robert look like they are having problems getting that stuff down. Didn't they say that some survivors have it come back up on them. I know from having my honeymoon over in French Polynesia that the stuff smells. And if you have to put your face and nose right up onto it, you will get a wiff of some nasty stuff!!

Java 519 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

03-06-02, 10:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Java Click to send private message to Java Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Vidcaps from ET -- Fafaru Challenge"
LAST EDITED ON 03-06-02 AT 10:05 PM (EST)

edited to give KUDOS to BUNGLER!!

So that makes seven contestants were NOT pictured eating the fafaru:

Patricia (M)
Sean (M)
Kathy (R)
John (R)
Zoe (R)
Paschal (R)
Tammy (R)

We heard a comment from Pat that she eats the disgusting food.

Now, I don't have much faith in the TP articles. If the reports are true that 3 people from one tribe refused to partake, I'm guessing Kathy and John, but not sure who the third would be. One would think that Zoe would be familiar with the smell, which may work for or against her. Paschal should feel too vulnerable to resist a challange, unless he's the last contestant and it's already lost. Tammy looks like she would swallow anything. Either way we will have another frame of reference towards the TP reports.

If they keep with tradition, one Mara has to go twice. It may be Rob, which could explain his reaction. It would have to be even worse the second time. Wasn't it funny how he took a dainty little piece while Gina wolfed down a big hunk?

Some may not have to take part in the challenge if, prior to their turn, enough other people either refuse or upchuck. I hope they show how the order is determined.

Goe Zoe!

NightScribe 761 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

03-07-02, 02:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail NightScribe Click to send private message to NightScribe Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "RE: Vidcaps from ET -- Fafaru Challenge"
Over at SurvivorFever.net, there are vidcaps that show Sean with his head down bobbying into that boat looking bowl. Check it out: <http://survivorfever.net/et-ic-ep2.html>

So that mean everyone from Maraamu is shown except Patricia. Funny that only 3 Rotu's (Gabe, Robert, and Neleh) are shown.

Wasn't there a rumor out there that 3 of them refuse to eat and there are "huge consequences" or something? What if when one of them refuses, another has to take their place? It's just another theory of why we see Neleh pictured twice.

cowboyroo 590 desperate attention whore postings

03-07-02, 02:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cowboyroo Click to send private message to cowboyroo Click to check IP address of the poster
30. "RE: Vidcaps from ET -- Fafaru Challenge"
That's Vecepia's head down in the bowl. I wonder if Rob ended up going 3 times. Seems like Robert would be a good choice to go first for Rotu and we can see Rob is up against him. Maybe since he is gagging twice, he gets to go for a third round. Him and Neleh are the only two we show eating out of the little bowl so I am guessing this is the tiebreaker....

smokedog 1885 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

03-06-02, 10:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail smokedog Click to send private message to smokedog Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Vidcaps from ET -- Fafaru Challenge"
EPM is one cruel dude.

All the contestants look like they must attack their meal with their hands behind their back.

This way, they can't plug their noses to both deaden the taste and avoid the smell of that stinky grub!

I love it!

BAAARRRRFFFF

TechNoir 9741 desperate attention whore postings

03-06-02, 10:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail TechNoir Click to send private message to TechNoir Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Vidcaps from ET -- Fafaru Challenge"
All the contestants look like they must attack their meal with their hands behind their back.

Yep. As part of this piece Jiffy Probe said that was the crew's contribution/suggestion. At the last minute they suggested that the survivors "bob" for the stuff and get their faces down in it. And it was so. He also said that the crew was gagging while filming .... they don't get paid enough.

They also did a little talking about hammerhead sharks swimming right off shore.

And EMB, looking smug as anything, finished up the piece. He seemed unusually pleased with himself.All the contestants look like they must attack their meal with their hands behind their back.

03-06-02, 11:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cowboyroo Click to send private message to cowboyroo Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Vidcaps from ET -- Fafaru Challenge"
I don't think any one refuses. Notice in the pics of Neleh. In the background of the first one, Kathy is next to John. In the background of the second one, John is next to Tammy, therefore I'm guessing Neleh goes twice (tiebreaker). She doesn't seem to be doing well on that second one either.

By the color of the shirt, I'd say its Gina she's in the tiebreaker with...

shakes the clown 3366 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

03-07-02, 00:34 AM (EST)
Click to EMail shakes%20the%20clown Click to send private message to shakes%20the%20clown Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "Does Neleh eat twice?"
I'm definitely not an expert when it comes to photo analysis, but I reposted the two pics of neleh eating so we can look at them side by side and determine if both pics are from the same sitting or if she had to go a second time.

Why is this important? Because if we can prove that she went twice that means that there was a tie breaker (since no one on Rotu would have to go twice until a tie breaker cause maramuu is the short handed tribe).....and if there is a tie breaker then we can discount the rumor that three people on one tribe don't participate.

So, are these the same sittings...

>

>

From my quick view it looks to be shot from about the same angle and we have different people in the background. Also, is the person with the baseball cap the same person in the other photo wihtout a cap? If so, that would be pretty clear evidence that we are dealing with a tie breaker.

Alright photo nerds, have at it!

03-07-02, 01:06 AM (EST)
8. "RE: Does Neleh eat twice?"
I'd say yes. Several reasons.

1) Tammy's cap is not showing in one. Even if it is still there it is higher up.

2) Kathy and Gabe next to Tammy in one pic, John and ?? buy not Gabe in the other.

3) Not sure what the purple shirt next to Neleh is. Thought it may be Gina or maybe JP.

4)Tammy's bandana on neck in one shot, gone in the other.

I'd say Neleh goes twice and by the facial expressions on her and the onlookers, things aren't going favorably for Rotu.

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings

03-07-02, 01:51 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Does Neleh eat twice?"

>3) Not sure what the purple
>shirt next to Neleh is.
>Thought it may be Gina
>or maybe JP.

I'm interested in the two pics of Neleh gulping down the fafaru... in both pics, we see a purple shirt in the bottom left corner. Now look at the very first picture in the original post of this thresd -- we see someone bringing in the plastic bag while wearing a WHITE long-sleeeved shirt and a watch. Are the Survivors allowed to wear watches? I know the crew isn't, from what I've heard, so does this mean it has to be JiffyProbe here?

So if that is Jiffy in the first picture... who's wearing that purple shirt? If it's Jiffy with the purple shirt, then who's that with the white long-sleeeves and watch?

Bungler 497 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

03-07-02, 08:45 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Bungler Click to send private message to Bungler Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Does Neleh eat twice?"
Okay, I'm partially color-blind, so don't kill me if I bungle this one, but here's the shot from the Feb. 6 ET of JP speaking to the Rotu. Isn't he wearing purple in this one?

Also, I think the Neleh shots have been shown out of order. I think the one where she's struggling (gagging) is from her first go-round. The reason is because the Robert shot shows the same people behind him (Tammy & John) as the Neleh gagging shot. In the other shot of Neleh, the background people have changed and she's not having as much trouble. I mean, she's really chewing on that meat, unlike the gagging shot.

Now, if you were in the other tribe and you had to select someone in a tie-breaker, who would you pick? Actually, I was surprised last year when Samburu picked Kelly. She ultimately lost, but in the early going it was Jessie who clearly struggled the most with the blood. I would have picked her for the tie-breaker for that reason alone, and I suspect that Maraamu may pick Neleh because she's already gagged on her first go-round. Pick what you perceive to be the weak link. But maybe Neleh gets better as she goes along.

03-07-02, 09:32 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Does Neleh eat twice?"
Thanks Bungler for adding the Feb. 6 ET pic, yes it's the same shirt as in the two Neleh pics -- so that means the white long-sleeeved person isn't Jiffy. No spoiler value here, most likely... just wondered how that person fits here.

I think you're right... Neleh might be pulling off a Linda, too, gagging for show in the first sitting so she'd get picked in the event of a tiebreaker.

sleeeve 3456 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

03-07-02, 03:29 AM (EST)
Click to EMail sleeeve Click to send private message to sleeeve Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Does Neleh eat twice?"
>I'd say Neleh goes twice and
>by the facial expressions on
>her and the onlookers, things
>aren't going favorably for Rotu.

I agree... classic misdirection??? For some reason, this suggests to me that Maraamu might be doing worse.

You never know what might be up my sleeeve...

03-07-02, 01:44 AM (EST)
9. "RE: Does Neleh eat twice?"
I'm with both shakes and cowboyroo... there's no question at all that Neleh goes twice. Tammy wearing a buff in the first pic and not in the second pic is the proof for me, along with different teammates being in the two pics beside Tammy.

The only way that the so-called TP story of three survivors refusing to eat the fafaru could work is if two from Rot-u and one from Maraamoo refuses -- leaving 6 apiece per team to gulp it down. Then Neleh gets called for the tiebreaker.

NightScribe 761 desperate attention whore postings

03-07-02, 11:12 AM (EST)
Click to EMail NightScribe Click to send private message to NightScribe Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Does Neleh eat twice?"
LAST EDITED ON 03-07-02 AT 11:21 AM (EST)

Pepe said: there's no question at all that Neleh goes twice. Tammy wearing a buff in the first pic and not in the second pic is the proof for me,

I agree that Neleh probably goes twice, but I do disagree with who is in those pictures. I think Tammy is in the second one (without buff) and that it's Zoe who's in the other one (with buff around neck). If you look at some of the other caps from the challenge, you'll see that Zoe and Tammy have similar glasses and hats, but that Zoe is definitely taller and more sunburned in the face.

I guess the next question is, in a tie breaker with Maraamu, who do you choose to go up against? Sean? Sarah? Gina? I think Sean will be the big wimp, but that Rotu will mistakenly choose Sarah who has no choice but to come through for her team. I'm thinking she doesn't want to be the reason they lose another challenge (like dropping the torch in the drink in Ep 1). Any thoughts on who Rotu may choose to square off against Neleh?

Isn't Sarah pictured twice as well -- in caps 2 and 7 I think. It's harder to tell if these are from the same go-round or not.

edited to say sorry for posting this -- I hadn't seen diamond's post when I did it.

diamond 2307 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

03-07-02, 01:46 AM (EST)
Click to EMail diamond Click to send private message to diamond Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Does Neleh eat twice?"
Shakes, I think you are correct that these two photos appear to have been taken at two different times during the challenge. However, I don't think the person with the baseball cap in the top photo is the same person wearing the black/grey tank top in the bottom photo. Their faces don't look like the same person to me. The person in the top photo appears to be Zoe, in my opinion (and Zoe does have a light-colored baseball cap, which she wore in Ep1, for example, during the IC). The person in the bottom photo with the black/grey tank top is definitely Tammy (it's more clear that it's definitely her in another one of the photos). While it is possible that this "person," if it is only one person, could be removing or putting on her baseball cap and buff in the middle of the challenge, this seems unlikely to me.

idiotcowboy 1135 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

03-07-02, 10:14 AM (EST)
Click to EMail idiotcowboy Click to send private message to idiotcowboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "Zoe has the hat"
You got it diamond! The girl with reversed baseball cap is Zoe not Tammy. Not that it matters too much in determining who wins given we have no idea who lucky maraamu person is, but it's clearly Neleh vs ??? in a tie-breaker. So much for the TP article and its three people refuse to eat I guess it could still have some validity if they meant that Rotu had more difficulty in eating and in the end were penalized for it (when they loose), but I felt better about my picks when it looked like it wasn't a going to be a tie.

Excellent eye Shakes and cowboyroo who both made the same observation about Neleh around the same time in the posts above!

-ICB

rotu RC win, maraamu IC win, Kathy boot

03-07-02, 11:21 AM (EST)
20. "RE: Zoe has the hat"
Excellent eyes Diamond! Thus, we are back to uncertainty as to whether Neleh goes twice or if there is a tie or not.

Another thing I just noticed. Vee and Sarah are bobbing in the big dish that looks to have lettuce or seaweed on the bottom. Rob is munching on a big huge piece out of a little bowl.

So maybe Rob was chosen as a tiebreaker? Or do they grab their fish out of the big bowl and put it in the little bowl to finish it?

Maybe there are little pieces in the big bowl you just have to bob and eat it. For the tiebreaker, you get your own big piece in the little bowl?

GRRRRR....I've been for a Kathy boot all week, but now I want to switch to Sarah. She was high target last week and no one even thinking of her as a bootee this week. Gina was even thinking about booting her to the last minute....I could see them booting Sarah to get Rob more loyal to the forming Hunter/Gina alliance than to Sarah, and maybe without Sarah around, he'd be more productive within the group.

I originally thought Sarah was going to be around a long time, but now I think she's gone pre-merge.

ycartdraw 46 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

03-07-02, 04:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ycartdraw Click to send private message to ycartdraw Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
36. "RE: Does Neleh eat twice?"
I would have to say Yes, she eats twice. The first pick, the one behind her, looks like Tammy but not sure, she has her bandana around her neck. And there is Zoe(?) next to her. In the second pic, Tammy doesn't have the hat on or the bandana and John is next to her. Seems to me those were taken at 2 different times.

tribephyl 12393 desperate attention whore postings

03-07-02, 05:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tribephyl Click to send private message to tribephyl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
43. "RE: Does Neleh eat twice?"
>So, are these the same sittings...
>
>
>
>>
>
>
>>
>
>
In the picture with Tammy and John, behind Neleh, you can see some of Kathy's hat to Tammy's right.
AND...JP's blue shoulder is at a higher and more prominent angle in the photo which would fit with a camera pan shot.My belief is that these are indeed from one camera movement.The slight movement, to the left, of the cameraman has just shown us the order. The people in the background are different in the two pics only because we have caught some of the line up....
Gabe...Zoe...Kathy...Tammy...John...with Paschel Neleh and Robert on the edges, either end.
Tammy and John are in the same order here..with Robert at task.

And only Zoe is visible from behind in this shot of Gabe, but from the order it would seem that she is next to chug fish.
(one more thing, is that a bandage of some sort on JP's ear?)

I only point this out, not because I believe that Neleh doesn't participate in a tie-breaker, but because these photo's don't prove that she does.

And as to the white long sleeve with watch, that's probably, the person who prepared the fafaru. Not a contestant and not a crew member.

IceCat 17415 desperate attention whore postings

03-07-02, 06:31 AM (EST)
Click to EMail IceCat Click to send private message to IceCat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "Has Pepe Seen the Original Article?"
Pepe, have you seen the TP article in the original French or only the already-translated version. If you haven't seen the original french, would you mind giving us a fresh translation. Some of the more subtle aspects of idiomatic speech are lost when those web-translation services have their way with a document.

I think that your insight could be helpful here.

OUTSPOIL! OUTSPOOF! OUTRAGEOUS!

03-07-02, 08:06 AM (EST)
14. "No, not yet"
Sorry... I haven't seen any actual TP articles, only the already translated to English versions. My French isn't that good, but I could take a look at it if someone would point the way to the original ones.

I believe that GT (or OFG?) took a stab at deciphering the article with what they know in French?

George Tirebiter 2982 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

03-07-02, 02:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail George%20Tirebiter Click to send private message to George%20Tirebiter Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
29. "TP originals"
Sorry, guys--I looked all over, but the TP site didn't archive those articles. GRRR! (And I was going to hit you up to translate them, too, Pépé. . . I'm sure you could do better than my four years of HS French class!) Since the TP site gives you the option of viewing in French or English, I'm guessing that this is where the original mis-translations happened--that's why all the sites using these articles have the same mistakes. And I don't believe they're deliberately misleading people with their reports--it's probably a combination of having no clue what this stoopid show is really about and the language difficulties. . .

FWIW, it looks to me like Neleh and ROB are the ones chosen to go a second time--smaller bowls with LARGER portions? Too much like the blood challenge, when the glasses for the tiebreaker were huge in comparison with the others.

And the hands-free eating just proves what a sadist this Burn-it character is. . . With his fixation on puking, drooling, and other bodily functions, one must wonder what lengths he'll have to go to top this barf-fest in S5. . .

GT

MakeItStop 1098 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

03-07-02, 06:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MakeItStop Click to send private message to MakeItStop Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
48. "Originals at SS"
I believe that the MESS Hall over at EZ/SS has the original French versions.

03-07-02, 06:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail diamond Click to send private message to diamond Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
49. "RE: Originals at SS"
Thanks, MIS! I went over and looked, and I found the French version (I'm only pasting the part of the article that talks about the fafaru). From my quick reading of this, it doesn't appear to me that anything was grossly mistranslated, although I will admit that my French is a bit rusty. I think they may have simply been misinformed or cofused about the details. Other French-speakers - do you agree? Pepe?

Parmi les défis qui ont été imposés la semaine dernière aux huit candidats en lice, il y avait le "fafaru", plat typique des îles polynésiennes. On a expliqué aux candidats qu’il s’agissait d’un poisson cru mariné depuis plusieurs jours dans de l’eau de mer. On leur a précisé aussi que les marquisiens raffolaient de ce plat dont l’odeur est repoussante.

"Si vous ne le mangez pas maintenant, demain le fafaru sera plein de larves et de vers !", a-t-on ajouté. Sur les huit survivants présents à l’épreuve, trois ont refusé catégoriquement d’en manger et ont donc été sanctionnés.

L’idée d’inscrire le "fafaru" au jeu "Survivor Marquises" est venue à Mark Burnett alors que celui-ci avait été invité, à la mi-septembre, chez une personnalité du territoire. Au cours du déjeuner, son hôte polynésien lui a servi un bol de "fafaru". Mark Burnett en a goûté un morceau, mais a refusé de l’avaler. Puis il a déclaré aussitôt : "Que l’on inscrive le 'fafaru' aux épreuves de Survivor !".

Java 519 desperate attention whore postings

03-07-02, 11:15 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Java Click to send private message to Java Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Vidcaps from ET -- Fafaru Challenge"
I'm betting on Sean being Rotu's choice for tiebreaker. He isn't one to just fade in the background, and I can see him being very animated in his dislike for this stuff.

Interesting trend noted in an RWTV article (I'll find the link if anyone cares): In each previous Survivor there has been a tiebreaker in the gross food challenge. Each time the winner of the tiebreaker has been voted off before the merge, and the loser has gone on to the jury (or in Tina's case, won it):

S1: Gervase/Stacey
S2: Kimmi/Tina
S3: Linda/Kelly

PS: Agree with Zoe in hat. You can see more of her in the shot of Gabe, and the chin is prominent.

Goe Zoe!

03-07-02, 11:54 AM (EST)
21. "Another observation"
Sarah and Vee are dipping into the big bowl for their small piece of fish. Rob is dipping into the little bowl for a big piece. Maybe Rob is in tiebreaker.

Also in shot of Robert you can see Rob's blue baseball cap so the Survivors must face each other so we know Rob and Robert go head to head at one point...

DeclaringJihadOnSurvivor 60 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

03-07-02, 12:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail DeclaringJihadOnSurvivor Click to send private message to DeclaringJihadOnSurvivor Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "Excuse My Ignorance"
LAST EDITED ON 03-07-02 AT 04:26 PM (EST)

Sorry, first time.
Is it possible that the goal of this challenge is to finish a bowl of the fish as opposed to just a piece? That would explain some people taking larger and some people taking smaller. That also would give a little more credit to that tp report that some people may not be able to finish a bowl rather than a piece. Because honestly, I'm not convinced yet that this does go into a tie-breaker, despite how convincing the photo's are.
Also, in the pictures of Gabe and Robert, you can see someone with poofy black hair...and my first guess was that it was V, but it really doesn't look like her. But if it is, why would she be up there for both Robert and Gabe? If it is a head-head competition, could it be some variation of a tournment?
But again, I'm ignorant *shrugs*

~edited to add "ert" to Rob~

03-07-02, 12:25 PM (EST)
23. "RE: Excuse My Ignorance"
Welcome DeclaringJihad....Don't feel ignorant at all. I noticed the poofy hair too, and was thinking it is JP but he is wearing a cowboy hat when the thing starts and none of the Mamaaru's seem to have that kind of hair. Can't be Vee cuz there are no earrings in the shot where there is more poofie hair....

Will the real poofhead please stand up!

smiley 2009 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

03-07-02, 12:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail smiley Click to send private message to smiley Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "the real poofhead"
I am not quite convinced that both poofyheads are the same person, but I have a feeling that the one in the picture with Robert looks like Patricia. The other one with gabe looks to have curlier hair?

03-07-02, 01:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail DeclaringJihadOnSurvivor Click to send private message to DeclaringJihadOnSurvivor Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: the real poofhead"
LAST EDITED ON 03-07-02 AT 04:27 PM (EST)

Hmm, I do think it's the same person.
I had forgotten about Pat, she works for that. But the same question, why would she be up there for Gabe and Robert?

~edited to add "ert" to Rob~

GTmike 1255 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

03-07-02, 01:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail GTmike Click to send private message to GTmike Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: the real poofhead"
I looked at all of the pictures on the CBS website and the only person that the poofy head could fit would be Peter. I know that he is gone. Jeff would have hair done by a stylist for the show. Even if he was wearing a hat it would still keep its shape, he would just have flat "hat hair". I guess you have to figure that everyone is going to have about 5 days with nothing done to their hair so you may have to figure how peoples' hair will look disheveled. I don't think that the poofy hair is Pat b/c doesn't she have white in her hair or has mostly white hair? I know that the bio pics show her with white hair. The only other people with brown hair that isn't cut short are: Patricia, Rob, John, and Hunter (although he has spiked hair).

smiley 2009 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

03-07-02, 03:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail smiley Click to send private message to smiley Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
31. "RE: the real poofhead"
Pat does not have white hair. She has some silver in the front but the person has their head down in the picture so you would not see the silver. As for the other people you mention...Rob has a cap on in the challenge, Hunter has spiked hair as you pointed out, john is on the same team so its not him up against Robert so it can't be any of them.

FesterFan1 5947 desperate attention whore postings

03-07-02, 03:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail FesterFan1 Click to send private message to FesterFan1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
32. "RE: the real poofhead"
LAST EDITED ON 03-07-02 AT 03:55 PM (EST)

It's entirely possible that the poofy hair belongs to the same local in the white shirt who is preparing the stuff. He could be retrieving it out of the bag and putting it into the bowls for each round.

The hair does not look like it belongs to any of our Survivors, IMO.

Fester

**Edited to say Duh, I guess ShowMeTheWinner beat me to the punch. Goes to show what happens when you don't read the whole page. Ummm, I guess I second SMTW's idea.

ShowMeTheWinner 962 desperate attention whore postings

03-07-02, 02:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ShowMeTheWinner Click to send private message to ShowMeTheWinner Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "RE:"
Your question got me there. I have no idea who poofy-head is, but hey... it might be the white-shirt ghost guy with the watch! Maybe his name is Charles too... (hope you guys remember the cow blood guy in S3).

03-07-02, 03:41 PM (EST)
33. "RE:"
that has to be it.
Oh well, I'm throughly miffed.

03-07-02, 04:29 PM (EST)
34. "RE: Vidcaps from ET -- Fafaru Challenge"
Somewhere there were pics of Neleh in front of the little bowl as well...but I can't find which site I saw them on, but in the pic where she is in front of the little bowl, she looks like she is about to hurl and Zoe, Kathy, and someone else were looking off to the side in disgust. My take on it was that they were watching Maraamu do a victory dance. Now if I could only find that vidcap and pull it over here!!

FesterFan1 5947 desperate attention whore postings

03-07-02, 04:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail FesterFan1 Click to send private message to FesterFan1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
38. "RE: Vidcaps from ET -- Fafaru Challenge"
Is this the one you mean? I agree. Based on this, it doesn't look to good for Rotu, but it's so hard to tell based on a single frame.

Fester

03-07-02, 05:19 PM (EST)
45. "RE: Vidcaps from ET -- Fafaru Challenge"
Thanks Fester. I know, the one clip thing does suck, but the combined hurling look and the intensity of Rob with the little bowl and the tribemates of Neleh looking in another direction, I'm prone to believe that she loses it for them...

but ya just never know...

03-07-02, 04:46 PM (EST)
39. "RE: Vidcaps from ET -- Fafaru Challenge"
cowboyroo, is this the one you are thinking of?

03-07-02, 04:32 PM (EST)
35. "2 bowls"
I just noticed there are two bowls on the table. One Little one and one big one lined with leaves(?).
It looks the fish are being put into the Big one and then the survivors stick their face into that one to get em. But what is the other one for?
It looks like Rob is taking the fish out of the little one...but is he actually spit/puking it out...and if he is puking...why would they bother to put a bowl up there?

And on a side note.
That pink stuff looks nothing like the pics that were shown earlier.

SurvivorBlows 15230 desperate attention whore postings

03-07-02, 04:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivorBlows Click to send private message to SurvivorBlows Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
37. "Comment from Rob about being able to eat anything?"

I'm trying to remember but coming up blank, was there are comment somewhere in episode #1 about Rob claiming he could eat anything? For some reason I'm remembering something like that, but maybe it's just the fever from this nasty flu that I've come down with lately.

At first I thought it might have been in his audition video, but I just checked and it's not. IF there *WAS* such a comment edited into Ep1, that would seem to be some classic "subtle" Burnett editing.

-SB

03-07-02, 04:49 PM (EST)
40. "Link with Neleh about to yak in front of small bowl"
http://www.surviiivor.com/cgi-bin/forums/forums.cgi?post=29687

The small bowl shots have to be the tie-breaker. I remember Rob talking about not wanting grapefruits and lemons to eat for 39 days. My guess is he got chosen to go twice to allot for Rotu short a member and was having difficulty so he got to go three times, but the shot with Neleh in front of the small bowl about to hurl and her tribemates looking in anguish in the other direction makes me believe they will lose Immunity.

03-07-02, 04:54 PM (EST)
42. "RE: Link with Neleh about to yak in front of small bowl"
I wonder what Neleh's tribemates are all looking at
Because if that is a tiebreaker..you'd think they would be looking at her.
If it is Rob agaisnt her in a tiebreaker..they cannot be looking at him because he would be the camera's right of Neleh....the tribe is looking to the left

03-07-02, 04:51 PM (EST)
41. "RE: Comment from Tammy about being able to eat anything?"
Webby - I remember Tammy definitely said something like, "I haven't eaten red meat in ten years, but if you put a cow in front of me, I'm going to eat it." (The only thing I remember Rob saying in the previews was that he was really good looking, and all the other guys would be jealous of him.)

Swami 5885 desperate attention whore postings

03-07-02, 05:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Swami Click to send private message to Swami Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
44. "RE: Comment from Rob about being able to eat anything?"
Hunter is the one who said 'I can eat just about anything'. As a certified Hunter watcher, I have a very clear memory of that.

Swami

SurvivorBlows 15230 desperate attention whore postings

03-07-02, 05:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivorBlows Click to send private message to SurvivorBlows Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
46. "RE: Comment from Rob about being able to eat anything?"
>Hunter is the one who said 'I can eat just about
>anything'. As a certified Hunter watcher, I have a
>very clear memory of that.

I thought I remembered one of the guys saying something like that... I guess the question now is if it is part of any of Burnett's "hit you over the head with an anvil" subtle foreshadowing... I believe that we do only have one shot of Hunter:

-SB

GuessItRains 700 desperate attention whore postings

03-07-02, 05:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail GuessItRains Click to send private message to GuessItRains Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
47. "RE: Comment from Rob about being able to eat anything?"
SB,

I vaguely remember Hunter saying he would eat anything. Rob's comments were along the lines of wanting to eat "something other than grapefruits and melons" while he was on the island, in reference to his desire to catch a turkey. Of course you are right that it would be classic foreshadowing of Rob suddenly not wanting to eat something other than a grapefruit....

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •