The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"EP.2 Challenge..(some)RC PIC's"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

tribephyl 12393 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-02-02, 06:23 AM (EST)
Click to EMail tribephyl Click to send private message to tribephyl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"EP.2 Challenge..(some)RC PIC's"
Brought these over from Paratrooper via Survivor Fever
I did not bring all of the pic's over and I did not get a good copies...sorry

Voice Over: The castaways have just hit the island without any food. Now they are hunting...
John: If I catch a pig I might as well set my table at the final four.(insert pics of John alone in private interview shots)
Voice Over: Gathering...
Neleh: You want some flies?
Voice Over: Building a civilization...and falling in love...
Sarah: I'm definitely attracted to Rob.(insert nighttime pic of Sarah and Rob spooning)
Voice Over: To win the competition they must show a united front.
<Challenge scenes and underwater swimming shots...shouting and yelling>(some shown above)
Voice Over: But can these castaways survive each other?
Sean: I ain't kissing nobody's butt. "ThankGod!"

Looks to be a swimming type challenge....with everyone diving in the water and racing towards yellow boats. I just know they ain't recycling challenges this early!(?) But it does fit with the Water tribe winning a water type Reward challenge.
This is all just so we have a reference point on RC 2, that is if IC 2 is indeed "Gross Food" challenge!?

The question I wanna put out there is "What is in photo #2?" Looks like innards or something?

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: EP.2 Challenge..(some)RC PIC'... idiotcowboy 03-02-02 1
   RE: EP.2 Challenge..(some)RC PIC'... cowboyroo 03-02-02 2
       RE: EP.2 Challenge..(some)RC PIC'... AresMars 03-04-02 22
   RE: EP.2 Challenge..(some)RC PIC'... SurvivinDawg 03-04-02 15
 RE: EP.2 RC Challenge PIC's..some ... tribephyl 03-03-02 3
   RE: EP.2 RC Challenge PIC's..some ... ShowMeTheWinner 03-04-02 16
 RE: EP.2 Challenge..(some)RC PIC'... Slymmer 03-03-02 4
   "Do or Dive" RC Krautboy 03-03-02 5
   RE: Slymmer tribephyl 03-03-02 7
 RE: EP.2 Challenge..(some)RC PIC'... Bungler 03-03-02 6
   RE: EP.2 Challenge..(some)RC PIC'... Swami 03-03-02 8
       RE: EP.2 Challenge..(some)RC PIC'... Bungler 03-03-02 9
           RE: EP.2 Challenge..(some)RC PIC'... cowboyroo 03-03-02 10
               RE: EP.2 Challenge..(some)RC PIC'... Bungler 03-03-02 11
 RE: EP.2 Challenge..(some)RC PIC'... Bungler 03-03-02 12
   RE: EP.2 Challenge..(some)RC PIC'... big idiot 03-04-02 14
   RE: EP.2 Challenge..(some)RC PIC'... Wacko Jacko 03-04-02 19
   RE: EP.2 Challenge..(some)RC PIC'... Java 03-04-02 20
   RE: EP.2 Challenge..(some)RC PIC'... Jaden 03-06-02 34
 RE: EP.2 RC PIC's...ROTU wins? tribephyl 03-04-02 13
   RE: EP.2 RC PIC's...ROTU wins? jkokoj 03-04-02 17
   RE: EP.2 RC PIC's...ROTU wins? dabo 03-04-02 18
       RE: EP.2 RC PIC's...ROTU wins? diamond 03-04-02 21
   RE: EP.2 RC PIC's...ROTU wins? idiotcowboy 03-04-02 23
       RE: EP.2 RC PIC's...ROTU wins? cowboyroo 03-04-02 24
           RE: EP.2 RC PIC's...ROTU wins? Bebo 03-04-02 25
               RE: EP.2 RC PIC's...ROTU wins? big idiot 03-04-02 27
                   Here they are sleeeve 03-04-02 28
           RE: EP.2 RC PIC's...ROTU wins? ShowMeTheWinner 03-05-02 32
               RE: EP.2 RC PIC's...ROTU wins? Wacko Jacko 03-06-02 33
 RE: EP.2 Challenge..(some)RC PIC'... rotu rooter 03-04-02 26
   RE: EP.2 Challenge..(some)RC PIC'... tribephyl 03-05-02 29
       RE: EP.2 Challenge..(some)RC PIC'... rotu rooter 03-05-02 30
           RE: EP.2 Challenge..(some)RC PIC'... dabo 03-05-02 31

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

idiotcowboy 1135 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

03-02-02, 12:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail idiotcowboy Click to send private message to idiotcowboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: EP.2 Challenge..(some)RC PIC's"
The "gross food" challenge has always been for immunity, and always been in E2, so I think your right this is the RC challenge. Also it would seem that Rotu would have a distinct advantage in the water challenges due to Sean's uneasiness and Pat's girth.

As for as the pics, 1 and 2 may be from the gross food challenge or perhaps it is something they have found.

Nice find, thanks for posting them.

-ICB

cowboyroo 590 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

03-02-02, 01:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cowboyroo Click to send private message to cowboyroo Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: EP.2 Challenge..(some)RC PIC's"
It looks to me like your first several pictures are the gross food challenge. One of them looks like someone is standing in front of a table getting ready to eat that stuff. Looks nasty whatever it is. Kinda looks like a combo of snails and dung! YUK.

AresMars 283 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

03-04-02, 02:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AresMars Click to send private message to AresMars Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: EP.2 Challenge..(some)RC PIC's"
I think your right, about the snails, not the dung. I'm betting they're diving for snails and cucumbers and will have to dine on them afterwards.

God Bless America

There are two types of people, predators and prey, and the sound you hear is the sharpening of my claws.

SurvivinDawg 6816 desperate attention whore postings

03-04-02, 07:39 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivinDawg Click to send private message to SurvivinDawg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: EP.2 Challenge..(some)RC PIC's"
LAST EDITED ON 03-04-02 AT 07:42 AM (EST)

Also it would seem that Rotu would have a distinct advantage in the water challenges due to Sean's uneasiness and Pat's girth.

I must respectfully disagree. In Ep. 1, Judge Paschal was shown struggling badly in the water several times. IMHO, he is a huge hindrance to Rotu in water challenges. Neleh is also small and, IMHO, very weak. One of them might be able to sit out, but both won't.

*** Contradictions don't exist. If you are faced with a contradiction, check your premises. You will find that one of them is wrong. -- Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

03-03-02, 02:59 AM (EST)
Click to EMail tribephyl Click to send private message to tribephyl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: EP.2 RC Challenge PIC's..some more"
Wanted to post these too.

These are of Rotu, running, with a square afted canoe.
I see Paschel(falling), Kathy, Tammy, Neleh, John and someone else on starbirdbow, who I think is Robert.....where are Gabe and Zoe? One of them does get to sit out at the first RC to play with even teams, but 2 of them? Anybody?

Also, this boat does not look like the yellow boat in the previous pics.
For example:

although it's hard to make anyone out in those pics,I'm leaning towards it being of Maraamu.
Who wins?....Who knows?
Now,I'm even wondering if they are from the same race.

ShowMeTheWinner 962 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

03-04-02, 08:06 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ShowMeTheWinner Click to send private message to ShowMeTheWinner Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: EP.2 RC Challenge PIC's..some more"
Hmmm... if you look carefully at the first pic, there seems to be a boat-like object at the upper left hand side. If that is indeed a boat, then there is a strong possibilty that the RC would be similar with the first IC where one tribe won by a large margin.

Does anyone have those sophisticated software where you can zoom in at the object? I'm going blind from staring too hard at my computer.

PS: My apologies if the object didn't turn out to be a boat

Slymmer 61 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

03-03-02, 05:38 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Slymmer Click to send private message to Slymmer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: EP.2 Challenge..(some)RC PIC's"
I swore I was not going to post this season, but you have gone and made me do it. The food in the pics looks to be some type of Root like a Sweet Potato, before you say it does not look like a sweet potato I've ever seen, okay sure but it is exactly what a sweet potato looks like here on the other side of the pacific. The lil yellow thing you think is a boat that does not look like the greenish square bath tub boat in the other pics is simply a floatting device that holds the net that the survivors are putting the things they are picking up from the bottom into for the underwater treasure hunt challenge they are doing. Well maybe? I have been totally wrong in the past.

Krautboy 2750 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

03-03-02, 10:19 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Krautboy Click to send private message to Krautboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. ""Do or Dive" RC"
Slymmer: Good observations. This could very well be the "Do or Dive" Challenge that we saw written on the markerboard (just above JP's head) in this picture...

The treasure hunt diving under water is the "Do or Dive reward challenge, with the IC being the gross food challenge?

Krautboy

03-03-02, 04:59 PM (EST)
7. "RE: Slymmer"
Well...well....welll... Thank you so much. It seems as if I got 2 things accomplished with the pic's. Firstly, some help in figuring it out. Thank you they just weren't making sense to me. And Secondly, to get you on the boards again. I understand the desire to not post for fear of making wrong predictions time after time. I went through it during S3. But it's great to have you on our side again. Don't be a stranger, you do have some insight it would seem. And all of it is useful. Thanks again.

tribephyl

Bungler 497 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

03-03-02, 03:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bungler Click to send private message to Bungler Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: EP.2 Challenge..(some)RC PIC's"
LAST EDITED ON 03-03-02 AT 04:04 PM (EST)

Adding a few more of my own. They're duplicates of the scene PT capped earlier, but slightly different views. Hopefully they'll help.

Swami 5885 desperate attention whore postings

03-03-02, 05:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Swami Click to send private message to Swami Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: EP.2 Challenge..(some)RC PIC's"
In photos 19, 20 & 21 I see everyone but Paschal around the boat. Clockwise, beginning in lower left with Robert's broad back & short hair, I then see Kathy, Tammy, Zoe, Neleh is on the side of the boat, then Gabe barely shown & John in the dark blue shorts. So the Judge is sitting this out to even up numbers--good choice strengthwise..

Looks like they are rushing a boat into the surf again. I only see three paddles, two in the forward section, one in the middle section Looks like a net on the bottom of the boat, in the center. Can't see what the stuff on the rear bench seat is.

Hunter & Gina both have buffs on one wrist. Could be a pre-challenge moment?

And the Rob/Sarah love story continues...

Swami

03-03-02, 06:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bungler Click to send private message to Bungler Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: EP.2 Challenge..(some)RC PIC's"
Swami,

That's definitely Paschal on the front left of this cap. It's Robert who's not in this cap. Don't know if he's somewhere else, but he's not in this series of caps.

If it's RC, the Rotus might have had to sit out a tribe member. I wonder why Robert would be their potential pick?

03-03-02, 09:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cowboyroo Click to send private message to cowboyroo Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: EP.2 Challenge..(some)RC PIC's"
Somewhere on the net there are pics of the Rotu tribe walking away from the water with boat paddles like the ones seen in this challenge....For the life of me I can't seem to find them, but it looked like post-challenge since the Rotuians were walking carrying the oars (paddles). Maybe this is a reward challenge and the winner wins the boat thing?

They don't have a boat to go fishing in, so it would be a worthwhile prize..I've also seen pics somewhere of fishing-pole like things and I think they were Maraamu pics...

If someone knows of these pics, bring 'em on over....I'll keep looking too...

03-03-02, 10:00 PM (EST)
11. "RE: EP.2 Challenge..(some)RC PIC's"
cowboyroo --

I assume the pictures you're speaking of are these, from Extra, capped by Paratrooper, and I agree with you that they're very likely from this challenge ("Do or Dive"). I think they're beforehand though because everyone's hair looks dry in these shots and you'd assume their hair would be wet after this challenge.

03-03-02, 11:06 PM (EST)
12. "RE: EP.2 Challenge..(some)RC PIC's"
Finally, more shots from CBS, including the "Do or Dive" challenge. Sorry they're not clearer. It's snowing like crazy here right now and my channel reception just went Phhhht!

Looks like Vee is the one not jumping, and there's someone (white) next to her. Is it Patricia? I can't tell.

Looks to me like this is Rob (Maaramu). Note buff color on wrist.

Note that he's grabbing into something at the bottom of the water. Do you think the boat is moored at the bottom and they have to takes weights or something off of it to get it to the surface?

These are tentative IDs of the two tribes. They are by no means certain, but fairly likely. With the "Gina and Sarah" ID, I think that's Gina's feet I'm pointing to with that arrow, and Sarah's back with the other arrow.

big idiot 193 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

03-04-02, 03:48 AM (EST)
Click to EMail big%20idiot Click to send private message to big%20idiot Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: EP.2 Challenge..(some)RC PIC's"
Nice ID-ing of the survpeeps. One thing sure stands out, Gabe is the only good diver of the bunch - Kathy is going for a record belly flop.

Anyway, we have lots of photos but a poor timeline of events.
Order of events?: Start on dock, 5 jump - 2 stay, jumpers dive down to do something, interaction with inflatable boat, all 7 interact with capsized "solid" boat, waterlogged boat with mystery item in back is pushed ashore.

First: is dock starting point?
Against: in dry hair photo, which is believed to be b4 challenge, they are all carrying paddles as if paddling was the start of the challenge.
For: In dock jump-off pix, they are starting simultaneously, very unlikely if dock was in the middle of the challenge.
"For" evidence seems stronger.

So row out to dock to start challenge?
Makes sense, so as not to fatigue them by having them swim out to the dock.

In same boats as seen later?
Unsure if the hard, inflatable or other boats would be used...

So what is the challenge?
Bungler, I like the possibility of the boat being the retrieved item at the bottom, in one shot of an underwater diver, it looks like the rim of a boat is visible, unsure thought.
For: Picture of capsized boat. Boat is waterlogged as it is being pushed ashore. Also, people are not in it, and may never have been as it would be too difficult for 7 people to get into a resurfaced boat.
Against: There is a paddle in it, suggesting someone was in it. Also, water could have gotten into it when everyone jumped out as they neared the shore. Overall, resurfacing a capsized boat seems awfully difficult ...the challenges this year were suppose to be easy, like, "coconut tosses".

Overall, boat was definitely capsized at some point, but was it underwater?
What if the capsizing occured when everyone jumped out as they neared the shore? Leading to water-logging of boat as they flipped it back (with ground leverage), and it explains why many paddles are missing (fell out). Also, Paschal was not a diver yet he is struggling with the capsized boat, he could have been "released" from the dock when the boat surfaced, or the photo of the capsized boat occured during the shorelanding.

How would this challenge tie into Marquesas culture?
Do they have lots of hurricanes and have to retrieve sunken boats? Got me.

Alternative theory to sunken boat:
Divers have to retrieve something else (duh) that seems to require the participation of 5 divers, perhaps the paddles? 5 Divers, 5 paddles. One paddle each? or Divers have to unmoor (deanchor?) boat? Or just grab some sack that has reward in it?

So what is purpose of dock "doers"?
It is assumed that they have to "do" something specific. From vids, it looks like just cheering, or they are waiting for the divers to bring them back something, the sunken paddles? A rope attached to a sunken something that they have to pull up? The doers that remain are not the strongest teammembers, nor the worst swimmers (?) - so why are they chosen? Beats me.

Inflatable boat?
Somehow involved in the relay between the dive and the hard boat. Obviously i have no idea about this damn thing.

OK, I'm done, and I don't feel like I've done much deduction here , so please someone else clarify what I have failed to.

BI

Wacko Jacko 2438 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

03-04-02, 10:05 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Wacko%20Jacko Click to send private message to Wacko%20Jacko Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: EP.2 Challenge..(some)RC PIC's"
Are we sure that these photos are from this weeks episode?

Maybe they are from next weeks and Robert is the next boot?

Java 519 desperate attention whore postings

03-04-02, 10:09 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Java Click to send private message to Java Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: EP.2 Challenge..(some)RC PIC's"
It looks here like Paschal and Neleh are also jumping into the water, unless they are just losing their balance.

Goe Zoe!

Jaden 7 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

03-06-02, 11:43 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Jaden Click to send private message to Jaden Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
34. "RE: EP.2 Challenge..(some)RC PIC's"
LAST EDITED ON 03-07-02 AT 10:01 PM (EST)

>Looks like Vee is the one
>not jumping, and there's someone
>(white) next to her.
>Is it Patricia? I
>can't tell.

I believe Vee and Patricia are just waiting for the rest of thier tribe to get out of the way, so that they don't get kicked in the face when they dive in.

So it seems that Rotu has to sit someone out of this challenge, to make the challenge equal. It does look like Robert is not participating. It may be because he has trouble swimming, like Sean. This may be a possible reason to vote him out soon. Or maybe Rotu decides that they shouldn't sit Paschal, Neleh, or Kathy out because they would like to have them sit out for the IC which is more important and because they can't sit someone out two times in a row. Of course, Rotu seems to be winning anyway.

I also believe that this is what Kathy finds. Seeing as they are snails, I understand why she gets a surprising reception
from her teammates. However, I don't believe that this is part of any challenge.

03-04-02, 03:28 AM (EST)
13. "RE: EP.2 RC PIC's...ROTU wins?"
I noticed something in the upper left hand corner...Is that Maraamu...losing the RC?

With the belief that the next challenge would be "Do or Dive" do they dive to the bottom, drag the items and the boats up. then somehow race their boats onto shore. It definately fits with the boat and nets and such being the reward. Definitely no food, fire or water as reward. Looks to me like Maraamu loses RC and Rotu take home the oars.... At least for RC.

jkokoj 4389 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

03-04-02, 09:28 AM (EST)
Click to EMail jkokoj Click to send private message to jkokoj Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: EP.2 RC PIC's...ROTU wins?"
In the island traditon they could be diving for the shrimps. This was outlined on Survivorfever in the possible challenges articles and local traditions. Usually that is done at night though.

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings

03-04-02, 09:45 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: EP.2 RC PIC's...ROTU wins?"
It just looks like a wave-crest to me, but hard to say for certain. Or possibly the raft they dove off at the start of the challenge.

Is that a blanket covering Sarah? If so it would seem Maraamu wins reward whichever challenge it happens to be. Or is she wearing one of her shirts?

diamond 2307 desperate attention whore postings

03-04-02, 11:14 AM (EST)
Click to EMail diamond Click to send private message to diamond Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: EP.2 RC PIC's...ROTU wins?"
It looks to me like it's just her shirt (look at the neckline - I think it looks like a collar). Also, during Ep1, when Sarah and Rob slept together in the raft, she started out in the bikini, but was shown in long pants and shirt when they finally went to sleep. I'd guess those are probably just her sleeping clothes (I could be wrong, of course). Rob, on the other hand, does look like he has something covering him, pulled up to his neck, but it could also be a shirt.

idiotcowboy 1135 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

03-04-02, 02:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail idiotcowboy Click to send private message to idiotcowboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: EP.2 RC PIC's...ROTU wins?"
On survivornews.net there is a similar photo that comes to the same conclusion. Maraamu is way behind, and also speculates that the boat is something that was sunken and must be raised. The picks of them pushing it to shore would make a lot of sense then as well.

Also do we all agree the that the mystery of the opening credits picture

is now solved?

-ICB

03-04-02, 03:38 PM (EST)
24. "RE: EP.2 RC PIC's...ROTU wins?"
I'm wondering if the boat is not the same thing they are diving off of but upside down? It seems to be about the same size and same color.

Also, what makes everyone so sure this is the RC and not the IC. Granted all Survivor episodes prior to this have had gross food challenge as the second IC, but there are many things that change each IC. This seems to be a little heavy duty for a RC.

Bebo 21083 desperate attention whore postings

03-04-02, 03:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: EP.2 RC PIC's...ROTU wins?"
>Also, what makes everyone so sure
>this is the RC and
>not the IC. Granted all
>Survivor episodes prior to this
>have had gross food challenge
>as the second IC, but
>there are many things that
>change each IC. This seems
>to be a little heavy
>duty for a RC.

Usually the IC's alternate physical/non-physical.

big idiot 193 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

03-04-02, 06:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail big%20idiot Click to send private message to big%20idiot Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "RE: EP.2 RC PIC's...ROTU wins?"

More pieces to the puzzle?

On the pix of the dock with Paschal standing there, you can make out the oars on the dock behind him. So they probably did paddle there, and perhaps part of the boat is visible there also, hard to tell.

My first attempt to insert a pix:
3c82f29774559c2c.jpg

(did that work, doesn't look like it to me, darn.)

Anyway, I still believe that this scene represents the start of the challenge due to simultaneous movement of both teams. The paddles on the docks and the paddles later seen in the boats may mean that the dock "doers" (standers) need to hand the paddles to the divers at some point.

What point? When they raise the sunken boat? (another culture thought, is the area around these islands famous for sunken ships?) I still find the the thought of raising a sunken boat as very difficult but there may be some visual proof:

attempt to load another pix (i doubt this is working):
3c82f18d72829382.jpg

this is the last picture of rob diving down, there is a rim of something going across the bottom of the picture. There also appears to be vertical jutting supports inside the rim of the boat (?) between his arms, and a possible boat seat to his right. So compare this picture with the following picture of the boat when they are shore-landing:

(I hope pix shows, if not, triple apologies and please reply with assistance)
3c81ccbe359976cc.jpg

this should be the picture where the port side of the boat is raised and Neleh (or some really skinny woman) has her arms raised alongside it - looking closely one can make out similar vertical supports on the inside rim of the boat.

Sunken boat confirmed?
Job of "doers" hypothesized?

Ack, who knows...

sleeeve 3456 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

03-04-02, 08:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sleeeve Click to send private message to sleeeve Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "Here they are"
Here's the three pics you tried to insert.

You have to include the entire URL... not just the name of the picture.

You never know what might be up my sleeeve...

ShowMeTheWinner 962 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

03-05-02, 11:19 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ShowMeTheWinner Click to send private message to ShowMeTheWinner Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
32. "RE: EP.2 RC PIC's...ROTU wins?"
LAST EDITED ON 03-05-02 AT 11:26 AM (EST)

From this pic, there seemed to be a yellow boat trailing in the background of the blue boat so it sure did seem like Rotu is going to be the hands down winner of this challenge.

If you believe the rumor provided by the Tahiti Press, the first two boots were from two different tribes. Since Rotu seemed to be the winner of this challenge, it can therefore be concluded that this is the Reward Challenge instead of the Immunity Challenge.

I personally believe that Rotu's gonna win the RC and Mara's gonna win the IC with Rotu's Kathy as the boot (crossing my fingers)....

Wacko Jacko 2438 desperate attention whore postings

03-06-02, 09:35 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Wacko%20Jacko Click to send private message to Wacko%20Jacko Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
33. "RE: EP.2 RC PIC's...ROTU wins?"
LAST EDITED ON 03-06-02 AT 09:41 AM (EST)

Yes Showme, You couple that picture (Bunglar 19 in your post) with the shot of Gabe holding the Arrow and I think you can assume that Rotu wins the Reward Challenge. How else would Gabe get the arrow if the Immunity Challenge is the Gross Food Challenge (as it has been on the second episode on the other three Survivors)?

rotu rooter 17 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

03-04-02, 06:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail rotu%20rooter Click to send private message to rotu%20rooter Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: EP.2 Challenge..(some)RC PIC's"
Isn't it possible there are a blue boat and a yellow boat to approximate tribal colors. Each tribe has to dive off their boat and has a certain amount of time--or some other measure, perhaps number of items--to retrieve as many {edible?} sea creatures as possible, put them in the boat, and get their boat back to shore. Zoe the professional diver brings home a "feast but gets a surprising reception from her teammates." From there I'm at a loss--must they eat them or not? If it's a RC then they just need to get it done the fastest, apparently. (They could eat them but they don't wanna.) Could it be a combined RC/IC? It's not the 3-day-saltwater-marinated fish gross food challenge, which is further down the line according to the Calendar of Events, not Ep2. Are there two of these? One thing I'm sure of, EPM is keeping us guessing!

03-05-02, 05:34 AM (EST)
29. "RE: EP.2 Challenge..(some)RC PIC's"
>Isn't it possible there are a
>blue boat and a yellow
>boat to approximate tribal colors.

Absolutely!

>Each tribe has to dive
>off their boat and has
>a certain amount of time--or
>some other measure, perhaps number
>of items--to retrieve as many
>{edible?} sea creatures as possible,
>put them in the boat,
>and get their boat back
>to shore.

I agree except for the sea creatures thing.
But then again the more I look at this pic.....

the more it looks like a snail, with some other things in the background. Maybe even sea cukes, but we all remeber what happened to the sea cukes that Richard got! ( and for those that don't, Sea cuke disinigrate when brought out of water.)

Zoe the professional
>diver brings home a "feast
>but gets a surprising reception
>from her teammates."

I believe this will be Kathy. Not Zoe.

Could it be
>a combined RC/IC?

No such thing...yet? It is kinda unfair for the teams...unless the they know ahead of time....kinda a let down for those watchin'... cause it doesn't feel like a whole Ep....and kinda no fun at all for the spoilers...cause how are we ever to figure that one out. It would be setting a precident....but IMO..unlikely. Although..MB may have a huge grin on his face! But I think that whether hopeful or not IC and RC will be different challenges (on the 1st and 3rd days, respectivly)...of course, again, IMO

It's not
>the 3-day-saltwater-marinated fish gross food
>challenge, which is further down
>the line according to the
>Calendar of Events, not Ep2.

What calendar of events?...The IC "Gross Food" challenge has through all 3 SURVIVORS been on day 6, IC 2, Ep. 2. Where is this calendar...am I missing someting?

PS
MB doesn't have to make The Gross Food Challenge an IC, he doesn't have to even put it in EP.2, or even in the show at all. BUT he loves it and it gets the public talking about the show early, when viewership is critical! Why fix something that ain't broke? Some may think of "The switch of 3 members" last year, but I assure you that move was to insure that some alliances would be busted up...per MB's request...and he told us ahead of time...and it got some viewers...and it will most likely happen again this year, as a twist to only the players.(aside from the spec's that say, S4 players saw S3 in the hotel before leaving for Niku Hiva)

By the way...I'm so sorry if some of this sounded preachy, I noticed that this is your second post, and I love new posters. Please stay with us even though I disagree, on some points. Undoubtedly someone will pan me...Or I could be wrong, which was a huge spanking for me last year.
Which I hope to not repeat.

rotu rooter 17 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

03-05-02, 07:59 AM (EST)
Click to EMail rotu%20rooter Click to send private message to rotu%20rooter Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
30. "RE: EP.2 Challenge..(some)RC PIC's"
What calendar of events?...The IC "Gross Food" challenge has through all 3 SURVIVORS been on day 6, IC 2, Ep. 2. Where is this calendar...am I missing someting?

Uh, oh, i forgot what thread it was in. Someone did a very detailed matchup of the 39 days with what was reported in the Tahiti Presse. Will the Real Author please step forward?

By the way...I'm so sorry if some of this sounded preachy, I noticed that this is your second post, and I love new posters. Please stay with us even though I disagree, on some points. Undoubtedly someone will pan me...Or I could be wrong, which was a huge spanking for me last year.
Which I hope to not repeat.

Not at all. I was after all asking for others' opinions. I watched S2 and S3 avidly but never so closely as you guys obviously did. This is my first time trying to analyze the episodes instead of just watching them as entertainment. But i do keep expecting red herrings and changes--I loved the switch in S3 just when the show was getting too predictable. I'll stick around--thanks!

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings

03-05-02, 11:07 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
31. "RE: EP.2 Challenge..(some)RC PIC's"
That was one of Krautboy's threads.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •