The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"VOTER Tampering?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences American Idol General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

unc1acc Firstname::Bill desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "New Member"

05-22-03, 10:43 AM (EST)
Click to EMail unc1acc Click to send private message to unc1acc Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"VOTER Tampering?"
I've talked to several people and when they sent their text message for Clay, they received a message saying, "Thanks for voting for contestant #1." And no, they didn't dial the wrong number, they did it several times and it was from several different people. With a difference of only 1,300 votes that could have made a BIG difference. I truly think it's fixed regardless. Almost mathematically impossible with all those votes to have a margin of just that little. Especially when Clay had led every week?!? FOX better hope nothing ever leaks out because they will be destroyed. The Washington Post has a good story regarding how they think it was fixed.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: VOTER Tampering? true 05-22-03 1
 RE: VOTER Tampering? Femme 05-22-03 2
   RE: VOTER Tampering? Q 05-22-03 3
       RE: VOTER Tampering? managerr 05-22-03 4
       RE: VOTER Tampering? bostonsrule 05-22-03 5
           RE: VOTER Tampering? CLAYAIKENLOVER 05-24-03 6
               RE: VOTER Tampering? PackMan 05-27-03 9
 RE: VOTER Tampering? jeremythegreat 05-26-03 7
 RE: VOTER Tampering? managerr 05-27-03 8

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

true 9689 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-22-03, 10:55 AM (EST)
Click to EMail true Click to send private message to true Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: VOTER Tampering?"
Here's the link to the article that unc1acc mentions.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A23319-2003May21.html?nav=hptop_ts

Femme 3621 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

05-22-03, 10:57 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Femme Click to send private message to Femme Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: VOTER Tampering?"
ACtually, the vote difference was 130,000. They kept giving out the wrong amount (intentionally, I think, to make it more interesting... "Oops, we told you the wrong amount - That's a hazard of live TV."

But if that's true, that's pretty weird. Does anyone text message here? Do you really get a confirmation like "Thanks for voting for Contestant One" back in text form? Seems like they wouldn't confirm, since I think you have to pay for incoming text messages, too, right?

Femme

"All right Ramblers, let's get ramblin'."

Q 2569 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

05-22-03, 11:04 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Q Click to send private message to Q Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: VOTER Tampering?"
I text messaged Clay and got a vote for #2. So it worked for me.

But after reading Tue. Newsweek, were Simon says Ruben has to make the Final 2 to Paula, I do think its rigged.

It is astonishing how foolish humans can be in groups, especially when they follow their leaders without question - States: The Bene Gesserit View. All States Are an Abstraction.

managerr 1959 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

05-22-03, 01:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail managerr Click to send private message to managerr Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: VOTER Tampering?"
I can confirm what you said about the text messaging thing. A radio show in North Carolina said the same thing--numerous voters calling into complain that either the message was wrong or their votes were going to the wrong people.

bostonsrule 48 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

05-22-03, 01:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bostonsrule Click to send private message to bostonsrule Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: VOTER Tampering?"
I thought it was rigged way back when Kelly C. said that Rueben would win. I think that her manager had something to do with Rueben winning.

I am actually glad that Clay came in second though. Much less pressure to be No. 2 in the long run.

CLAYAIKENLOVER Firstname::Bill desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "New Member"

05-24-03, 10:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CLAYAIKENLOVER Click to send private message to CLAYAIKENLOVER Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: VOTER Tampering?"
ACTUALLY I REALLY THOUGHT THAT THEY WOULD RIG IT SO THAT RUBEN WOULD WIN AND AS SOON AS THEY CALLED RUBENS NAME THAT HE HAD WON I WAS OK I KNOW THEY RIGGED IT. THEY HAD IT FIXED ALL ALONG SO THAT RUBEN WOULD WIN. BUT W/E. EVERYONE KNOWS THAT CLAY IS THE TRUE AMERICAN IDOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GO CLAY , I LOVE YOU!!!!!!!

I LOVE MICHAEL JACKSON AND CLAY AIKEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THE TWO HOTTEST, SEXIEST, AND MOST TALENTED MEN ALIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OUR TRUE AMERICAN IDOLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PackMan 1207 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

05-27-03, 03:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PackMan Click to send private message to PackMan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: VOTER Tampering?"
shhhhhh

Why are you yelling?

If you don't have time to do it right the first time, when are you going to find time to do it again? - Anonymous

jeremythegreat 1065 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

05-26-03, 04:25 AM (EST)
Click to EMail jeremythegreat Click to send private message to jeremythegreat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: VOTER Tampering?"
Though I think Ruben deserved to win, I do not think it is right to tamper with what America wants. However, I do think it was possible to have it come so close (1,300 votes apart). Look at out last election.

managerr 1959 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

05-27-03, 01:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail managerr Click to send private message to managerr Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: VOTER Tampering?"
Maybe Clay fans just kept dialing the wrong number?

http://msnbc.com/news/743584.asp?0dm=B11NL

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •