The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Top Six Rankem"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences American Idol General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

Glow 14353 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

04-25-07, 08:21 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Glow Click to send private message to Glow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Top Six Rankem"
I was kind of expecting more from this show tonight.

1. Melinda “There Will Come A Day” - It was gorgeous. She absolutely knows what she’s singing and that is so so important. Was there a lot of vibrato in there or was I too high and my hearing was shaky? Not that it mattered though because vibrato or not, it was unforced.
2. Phil “The Change” - He’s clearly the best of the guys, isn’t he? That was fantastic.
3. Jordin “You’ll Never Walk Alone” - loved her message before the performance. Hmmmm. I wasn’t as thrilled as everybody else seemed to be. I think I’ve figured out (just now) what my problem is with her. I see her as somebody who maybe has a good voice but doesn’t really care about music. I’d rather get behind somebody who maybe doesn’t have as good a voice but is in the business because they love and appreciate music. But that’s just me. To each his own of course. And based on that alone, I should have her at the bottom.
4. Chris “Change The World” - I liked it a lot. The guitarist was great. Chris looked great. Very sincere. So important.
5. Blake “Imagine” - Pianist is great. (heh heh heh “pianist”) I only wish Blake sounded as good as he looked. The dead eyes were a little distracting (kinda like dear Toby Rand). So is the way he sings without teeth. I miss the real Blake. It sucks that he has been so compromising. That’s what was so great about Josh and Bo and Bucky and Chris. They are who they are. Blake is probably the most musically talented person this year and he’s stifling it.
6. Lakisha “I Believe” - She sounded terrible, like she had to clear her throat or something.

"My name is Tim Riggins and I play fullback." -- Friday Night Lights

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Top Six Rankem mia rules18 04-25-07 1
   RE: Top Six Rankem CTgirl 04-25-07 3
 RE: Top Six Rankem geekboy 04-25-07 2
 RE: Top Six Rankem Snidget 04-25-07 4
 RE: Top Six Rankem Magnolia_Rocker 04-25-07 5
   RE: Top Six Rankem zazzy 04-25-07 29
 RE: Top Six Rankem aquariaqueen 04-25-07 6
   RE: Top Six Rankem nogwart 04-25-07 10
       RE: Top Six Rankem SilverStar 04-25-07 11
 RE: Top Six Rankem Breezy 04-25-07 7
   RE: Top Six Rankem Glow 04-25-07 12
       RE: Top Six Rankem Breezy 04-25-07 14
           RE: Top Six Rankem Glow 04-25-07 16
 RE: Top Six Rankem mrc 04-25-07 8
 RE: Top Six Rankem TanNymph 04-25-07 9
   RE: Top Six Rankem YankeeDixieDoodle 04-25-07 23
 RE: Top Six Rankem cahaya 04-25-07 13
 RE: Top Six Rankem tamarama 04-25-07 15
 RE: Top Six Rankem dragonflies 04-25-07 17
 RE: Top Six Rankem pinksparkleguitar 04-25-07 18
   RE: Top Six Rankem Snidget 04-25-07 19
       RE: Top Six Rankem pinksparkleguitar 04-26-07 34
   RE: Top Six Rankem YankeeDixieDoodle 04-25-07 22
 RE: Top Six Rankem SilverStar 04-25-07 20
   RE: Top Six Rankem Breezy 04-25-07 24
       RE: Top Six Rankem SilverStar 04-25-07 25
           RE: Top Six Rankem Breezy 04-25-07 27
   RE: Top Six Rankem tamarama 04-25-07 26
 RE: Top Six Rankem Iconoclastic 04-25-07 21
 RE: Top Six Rankem agman 04-25-07 28
   RE: Top Six Rankem gabygirl 04-25-07 30
 Rankem, Bankem, and Spankem curveball 04-25-07 31
   RE: Rankem, Bankem, and Spankem agman 04-26-07 38
 RE: Top Six Rankem AyaK 04-25-07 32
   RE: Top Six Rankem YankeeDixieDoodle 04-26-07 37
 RE: Top Six Rankem bostonrobfan 04-25-07 33
 RE: Top Six Rankem emydi 04-26-07 35
   RE: Top Six Rankem YankeeDixieDoodle 04-26-07 36

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

mia rules18 409 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

04-25-07, 09:04 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mia%20rules18 Click to send private message to mia%20rules18 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Top Six Rankem"
1. Chris "Change The World"- I never thought I would put Chris first, but I think he started off the night in a great way...I love that song and I loved how he performed it. It was sincere and sexy! After that, the performances were just okay for me, you know?!

2. Blake "Imagine" - Not my favorite Blake performance, but he still had me captivated!

3. Melinda “There Will Come A Day” - Was not familiar with the song, but she sold it on me. Lovely!

4. Phil “The Change” It was sweet, but kind of blah.

5. Jordin “You’ll Never Walk Alone” - As for the judges, I didn't get it with this one. It was a bit too theatrical for me, and I know she is one of the best but I didn't think her vocals were so wonderful here.

6. Lakisha “I Believe" - Wow, this song did not suit her. I actually know what Paula meant...Fantasia put so much heart and soul into that song when she sung it, and I felt none of that from her.

Can't wait for tonight!!!

CTgirl 8013 desperate attention whore postings

04-25-07, 09:20 AM (EST)
Click to EMail CTgirl Click to send private message to CTgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Top Six Rankem"
I was totally underwhelmed last night so I am just going to ditto Mia. I agree with her rankings and her comments! (Never thought I'd miss Sanjaya, but he added some excitement to the show!)

geekboy 1788 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

04-25-07, 09:08 AM (EST)
Click to EMail geekboy Click to send private message to geekboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Top Six Rankem"
I was not blown away last night either.

1) Melinda. She has been at the top of my list, i believe, every week. Simply brilliant. The most deserving winner by far. I will be extremely disappointed if anyone else wins this season.

<< huge gap >>

2) Chris. I'm shocked i'm putting him up this hight, but i saw a change this week. The nasally vocals were gone, and he sang the song great.
3) Jordin. Not blown away. She can sing. I don't understand Randy's claim of the best AI vocal ever. Not true, by a long shot. Not even Jordin's best.
4) Blake. Not a good song choice for AI. Simon was right, the song doesn't do much throughout. It stays too mellow for AI.
5) Phil. Not getting the Phil-love this season, and I'm shocked he's still there. Last week was great. This week, not so much.
6) Lakisha. I'm not sure what has happened to Lakisha lately. I want her up higher on this list because she has the pipes. I'd love to see a Melinda/Lakisha final, but not at this rate. She started off very poorly, which i think explains the criticism from the judges. I think she finished the song great.

geekboy

I love puppies! S. Cowell

Snidget 44369 desperate attention whore postings

04-25-07, 09:25 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Top Six Rankem"
1. Melinda. Simply amazing, and there is emotion and soul behind the singing.

<gap>

2. Blake, mostly out of loyalty and I didn't like a lot of the othe other performances enough to rank them above him.

3. Jordin. Sounded better on the radio when they replayed them this morning than it did for me last night. Although they just played the soaring ending and maybe I wasn't paying attention to it from not liking the start that well. I'm silly that way, I don't care how good the last note is if you lost me at the start.

<gap>

4. Phil. Not feeling the Phillvoe. Woulda liked more country flavor to it. I usually find the song uplifting when Garth does it, but he just made me sad.

5. Chris. I didn't see the whole performance so this ranking is just based on the ending clip from last night and what they played on the radio this morning. Maybe it was better when you heard the whole thing, but I don't get the Chris love either.

6. Lakisha. You can't sing a song called "I Believe" if you can't convince me you believe in anything. Your mouth said you believe, your eyes were singing

{cue Mr Jones music}Believe in me
Help me believe in anything
I want to be someone who believes
{/music}

Did Undead-Phil suck your soul out after the top 24 performance? What happened to that girl?

I mean I've heard of peaking too early. I dunno if it is a stamina problem and you can't keep up with the schedule or you are just bored with the whole thing and just waiting for it to end. It almost feels like if the other peeps are getting any of the judge lvoe or producer pimping you just can't be bothered to bring your A game. Luckily your voice works well even if you can't seem to give a gosh darn.

"I am returning this otherwise good typing paper to you because someone has printed gibberish all over it and put your name at the top."
- An English Professor

Magnolia_Rocker 2139 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

04-25-07, 09:28 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Magnolia_Rocker Click to send private message to Magnolia_Rocker Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Top Six Rankem"
The oh so obvious judge pimping last night made me sick. Sick I tell ya!

1. Melinda - your great, but you bore me. I will not buy what you record but you deserve to win this year. The judges made certain of that when they didn't put anyone through to the top 24 that could hold a candle to you. *yawn*

2. Phil - Yes, I noticed your receding hairline last night and realize that your baldness is necessary but have you even tried Rogaine? Ugly skull aside I love his vocals.

3. Blake - The judges can kiss my white a**. You pimp that mating cats routine Chris did and slam Blake? WTF??

4. Jordin - Her vocals were really shaky on this song and she had some very noticeable off-key notes. Then the judges said she had the best performance of any contestant ever???? Give me Bo's A Cappella performance, Kat's Somewhere Over the Rainbow or Carrie's Alone (the only performance where I gave her credit over Bo) anyday. Best my a**.

5. Lakisha - She needs to fire herself from song selection. She sucks at it. I was never a fan of Fantasia during her season and now I'm not a fan of yours. Note to you....QUIT PICKING FORMER IDOL SONGS TO SING. Geesh. At least she did show some emotion tonight though.

6. Chris - Nasty.horrible.dreck. I agree with Zombie on the east coast thread that Sanjaya would have done this better. Then all the judge love. Geez judges...why didn't you just start this season off with only Melinda, Jordin and Chris R. cause it seems to me these are the only ones that matter in your book. *confused*

Bring on season 7!

A Tribe Original!

Can I just say one more time how much I hate this season?

zazzy 4390 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

04-25-07, 04:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail zazzy Click to send private message to zazzy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
29. "RE: Top Six Rankem"
"3. Blake - The judges can kiss my white a**. You pimp that mating cats routine Chris did and slam Blake? WTF??"

Loved this comment!!! WTG Magnolia!

aquariaqueen 2616 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

04-25-07, 09:29 AM (EST)
Click to EMail aquariaqueen Click to send private message to aquariaqueen Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Top Six Rankem"
LAST EDITED ON 04-25-07 AT 10:13 AM (EST)

From last night's performance:

1. Jordin
2. Melinda
3. Phil

4. Blake
5. Chris
6. Lakisha

Overall:

1. Jordin
2. Blake
3. Melinda
4. Chris
5. Phil
6. Lakisha

What frustrates me most, is that I had so much admiration for Lakisha, but she's just not fun to watch. She sings well, but doesn't perform. She doesn't seem like she is enjoying any part of it. Something is missing.

nogwart 30 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

04-25-07, 10:19 AM (EST)
Click to EMail nogwart Click to send private message to nogwart Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Top Six Rankem"
Very quickly...

1. Melinda - Not her best, but she still is THE best, no contest.

2. Phil - Yep, still creepy-looking, but he did a fine job with his song. Side Note: He named one of his daughters "Makayla". Just seems odd to me, but to each his own I guess.

3. Blake - Eh....just, eh.

4. Jordan - I heard quite a few off-notes at the beginning, and thought she was trying WAAAAAAAAY too hard for the "Oh, I'm sooo into the emotional message of this song that I can barely keep from blubbering like a baby" thing. Yuck!

5. Chris - ...??... did he sing? Completely forgetable.

6. Lakisha - Like the Dixie Chicks, I know she can sing, but her blatant stupidity has ruined her for me. Consistent moronic song choices and nonexistent stage presence now means it's bye-bye time.

VERY uneventful night. I'm almost sorry I watched.

SilverStar 6205 desperate attention whore postings

04-25-07, 11:19 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SilverStar Click to send private message to SilverStar Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Top Six Rankem"
My boss named his daughter Michaela (pronounced mih-kay-la). Of course, his name is Michael, so I guess it makes more sense. heh. I think it's an Irish name, but I could be wrong.

Handcrafted by RollDdice, Inspired by Monstah

Breezy 18380 desperate attention whore postings

04-25-07, 09:48 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Breezy Click to send private message to Breezy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Top Six Rankem"
1. Melinda- effortless.

2. Jordin- Sounded fine, just not a big BIG Diva song fan.

3. Blake- ummmmmm was he awake during that song?

4. Phil- I just can't look at him.

5. Chris- I'm just not a fan of his voice.

6. Lakisha- WTF was that? Was I the only one wondering how much body glue was used to hold up her strapless dress?

Save a horse, ride a cowboy.

04-25-07, 11:41 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Glow Click to send private message to Glow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Top Six Rankem"
They played a little bit of these back on Howard Stern. Based on that, I have to bump Jordin down because it sounded absolutely "dreadful" on my radio.

If Blake was awake, he forgot to tell his eyes.

I totally forgot to look at what Lakisha was wearing. ummmm... and anybody else besides Chris and Blake, I think. We need Larry.

04-25-07, 11:45 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Breezy Click to send private message to Breezy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Top Six Rankem"
Seemed like there were some sound issues last night, so I wouldn't be surprised if some of the playbacks are totally different.

*giggle* Lucky you, I wish I hadn't noticed.

04-25-07, 12:30 PM (EST)
16. "RE: Top Six Rankem"
Either there were sound issues or these people can't sing and the judges are pretending they don't notice.

mrc 10113 desperate attention whore postings

04-25-07, 10:03 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mrc Click to send private message to mrc Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Top Six Rankem"
1. Melinda
2. Jordin
3. Phil
4. Blake
5. Lakisha
6. Chris

Slice & Dice Chop Shop 2004

TanNymph 309 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

04-25-07, 10:17 AM (EST)
Click to EMail TanNymph Click to send private message to TanNymph Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Top Six Rankem"
I guess I'm in another world. I really enjoyed all the performances last night.

1. Melinda - Just fantastic. Love that song, thought it was done beautifully.

2. Jordan - It was really good. I still wish I didn't have to here her catch her breathe every time, but dang I wish I could sing like that.

3. Blake - Maybe not the best song for AI, but I thought it was really nice and sincere.

4. Phil - I thought the song suited him. Also, not the power of Melinda and Jordan, but nice nonetheless. And I have not been a fan of Phil at all.

5. Chris - I thought this was one of his best, but I still liked the others better.

6. Lakisha - Ok - I totally disagree with the judges because I don't like Fantasia. So I don't have a problem with the comparison because Lakisha was better to me. But that's just me. I do however agree with the shouting. It was still good though.

I actually like this season. Call me weird.

YankeeDixieDoodle 442 desperate attention whore postings

04-25-07, 02:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail YankeeDixieDoodle Click to send private message to YankeeDixieDoodle Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: Top Six Rankem"
>
>6. Lakisha - Ok - I
>totally disagree with the judges
>because I don't like Fantasia.
> So I don't have
>a problem with the comparison
>because Lakisha was better to
>me. But that's just
>me. I do however
>agree with the shouting.
>

11 weeks of listening to, and usually muting, Fantasia has me convinced that Lakisha can sing anything better than her. Even one of her own songs. I'd hate to hear her sing it. I'd probably push the mute button after the first few notes. She consistantly did something Lakisha rarely does. Scream her way through almost every song. However, I did have Randy's issue with the pitchiness. And, Simon's with the shouting. It wasn't her best performance. But, even her worst performance is better than Fantasia's "best".

cahaya 19891 desperate attention whore postings

04-25-07, 11:42 AM (EST)
Click to EMail cahaya Click to send private message to cahaya Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Top Six Rankem"
Again, comments mainly from the EC thread. Altogether, not a bad night, not a great one, either.

-- In a tiara her own --

1. Melinda - Beautiful performance, she's all there, completely at ease technically and emotionally. This wasn't my fav song by her (last's week sassy performance was great!), but I'd happily listen to many of her songs over and over again.

-- Wishful contenders --

2. Jordin - Definitely one of Jordin's best, although I wouldn't have thought she could handle this song. Nice performance, technically all there and more emotionally into it than before. She raised the roof higher than Lakisha did.

3. Phil - Maybe a little out of his element with very little in the background, he took a risk by really voicing the song. The ending was touching (for me, at least). For the second week in a row, the best guy of the night.

-- Biting their nails --

4. Lakisha - Why do her performances end up feeling underwhelming? A good performance, but there's a sense she could just, if she let herself, blow the roof off the house. She'll need to perform with a little more wow-factor and go unplugged to make it through future weeks.

5. Chris - Pretty good performance by Chris, much better than last week's fiasco. It's the first time I kind of liked one of his songs. He showed more depth and feeling in any song that he has performed for quite a while.

6. Blake - Hmmm... like Simon said, it felt like a sincere performance. But, visually, I couldn't connect his voice with his almost hypnotic expression. Sounded nice, but I'd fall asleep watching it! I think Chris did slightly better.

Foo dogs by tribe.

tamarama 1785 desperate attention whore postings

04-25-07, 12:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tamarama Click to send private message to tamarama Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Top Six Rankem"
I had no desire to see the show last night. The theme “Inspirational Songs” sounds like an emetic to me.
So – of course – I certainly wasn’t going to be able to comment on or rank the performers. BUT THEN – My DVR caught the phone recap at the end of the ep/right before House (love that show). So I did see a snippet of each singer.

In auditions, you sometimes only get to sing 8 bars, or 16, or 32. Directors, producers & choreographers can tell what you’ve got in an incredibly short time. I’ve been on that side of the table before – plus just watching others audition – and it’s true. It doesn’t take much to see how good someone is. Or not.

So I decided to do rankings anyway – based solely on the recap, and without having read any other commentary. I can’t wait to see how close I get, and if I make anyone mad.

1. Melinda. As always, she’s a fantastic singer & performer. She looked good. I hate that kind of song, but I’m really glad it wasn’t “The Greatest Love.”

2. Blake. I really like Blake’s voice – he’s a nice, facile tenor. Good song choice, though it looked to me like he was concentrating really, really hard. That surprised me, he’s usually more connected.

3. Jordin. I don’t like the song choice at all. It's too big, and it's too much of a 'church pageant' kind of song. Jordin was screaming & shouting. She shouldn’t do that. And I don’t know why, but I got a cocky vibe.

4. Lakisha. Horrible song choice. Not only because of the song itself, but also because it’s a Fantasia song. She was also shouting. I hate it when ‘Divas’ shout at me.

Tied for last:

Chris – I just HATE listening to this guy sing. He’s still nasal. I don't believe for a moment that 'Nasal' is his style. OK song choice, I guess – but he doesn’t really ‘perform’ ballads very well. He looked as bouncy as he usually does – inappropriate for that song.

Phil – 5 minutes into House I couldn’t remember anything about Phil’s performance. Rather than going back to watch again, I decided that in itself spoke volumes.

(now to read recaps, etc to find out how far off I am)

dragonflies 8051 desperate attention whore postings

04-25-07, 01:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dragonflies Click to send private message to dragonflies Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Top Six Rankem"
Just last night:
1. Jordin - I cried
2. Melinda - good as usual
3. Phil - loved listening to it, kept my eyes closed
4. Blake - my boy
5. Lakisha
6. Chris - it was awful

Overall:
1. Blake
2. Jordin
3. Melinda
4. Phil
5. Chris
6. Lakisha

pinksparkleguitar 1222 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

04-25-07, 01:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail pinksparkleguitar Click to send private message to pinksparkleguitar Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Top Six Rankem"
Melinda- I just think she's amazing. I don't think the producers want her to win (I don't think they think she's 'marketable')
Jordin - I think she's cute. I like her smile. She's not as good a singer as Melinda, but much more appeal, I think. She sang well last night, but I wasn't bowled over like the judges.
Phil - I thinl ast night he was good, proving the VFTW that he actually isn't.
Blake - Meh. I don't think he knew what that song was all about. He was boring.
Chris- When will he leave?? I can't stand him!!!

I can't rank LaKisha, I didn't hear her sing last night.

An EmyDi nickname on a Shar sig

Snidget 44369 desperate attention whore postings

04-25-07, 01:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Top Six Rankem"
Having lurked a bit over on the worster site.

It isn't just about didn't sing well that night.

It is more who of the remaining people is the one the producers put through but do not want to win. Usually there is a combination of factors. Bad/not so great singing at least some of the time is one of them. (Melinda would almost never be the pick as she never sings poorly, see exception below) The others have to do with who is getting "anti-pimped" by the show or is not marketable. Now if it was a Melinda/Jordin (or anyone Jordin) finale, they might go with Melinda (anyone else) because Jordin gets so heavily pimped by the show we know they are hoping she wins. They also will pick someone because it would just be funny if they won. Taylor is that sort of a pick with the goofiness of his performances. You just want to see how TPTB are going to try to live with that winner.

It's a tribe creation!

pinksparkleguitar 1222 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

04-26-07, 00:29 AM (EST)
Click to EMail pinksparkleguitar Click to send private message to pinksparkleguitar Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
34. "RE: Top Six Rankem"
Oh, I totally get the VFTW site, I understand why Phil got picked. To screw with the producers. What I was trying to say was Phil sang well, which I've never really thought before.

I kind of like the VFTW site. I like how they like to mess with the show.

An EmyDi nickname on a Shar sig

04-25-07, 02:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail YankeeDixieDoodle Click to send private message to YankeeDixieDoodle Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: Top Six Rankem"
>
>I can't rank LaKisha, I didn't
>hear her sing last night.
>

You're lucky. It was her worst performance all season.

04-25-07, 02:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SilverStar Click to send private message to SilverStar Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Top Six Rankem"
I really didn't like the show at all last night. I don't even know how to rank those performances, so I'm just going to give my overall rankings.

1. Blake (pleeeeeeeeeeease bring back the beatboxing!!)
2. Chris (I'm shallow. He's so cute and he makes me smile.)
3. Melinda/Jordin (I like them for different reasons, and don't know who I like more)
5. LaKisha (yawn)
6. Phil (go away. I can't look at you anymore.)

I have a question though. A lot of you (and the judges) have criticized LaKisha and Jordin for screaming their songs. What about Melinda last night?? That sure sounded like a whole lot of shouting to me. No?

04-25-07, 02:35 PM (EST)
24. "RE: Top Six Rankem"
Really? To me, she shows control. She controls her voice when going into big notes, unlike the shouting of Lakisha.

04-25-07, 03:10 PM (EST)
25. "RE: Top Six Rankem"
I haven't had a chance to watch a second time yet, but yes, my first impression of last night's performance was that she was very scream-y. This is the only time I've thought that. Other weeks, I agree, great control.

04-25-07, 03:18 PM (EST)
27. "RE: Top Six Rankem"
hmmmm I think I need a re-listen.

tamarama 1785 desperate attention whore postings

04-25-07, 03:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tamarama Click to send private message to tamarama Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: Top Six Rankem"
From just the brief recap snippets I saw, Melinda didn't seem to be shouting to me. Over the weeks she's shown that she's got a really good handle on her big voice.

Jordin & Lakisha, OTOH...

I will say, since I didn't see the full performances, I don't know how much each of them shouted (or not) throughout their whole number -- but the pieces TPTB showed for the recap were certainly shrieky.

Iconoclastic 151 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

04-25-07, 02:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Iconoclastic Click to send private message to Iconoclastic Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: Top Six Rankem"
1) Melinda - Stood out above the rest......again.......oh well.

2) Jordin - Pretty good but god am I getting tired of the judges trying to pimp her into a "contender" to challenge Melinda.

3) Phil - He doesn't suck in a season that does.

4) Blake - The weakness of his voice really shone through last night.

5) Chris - Justin Timberlake should be offended that you have been compared to him.

6) Lakisha - When you look into Melinda's eyes you see insecurity. When you look into Jordin's eyes you see a dizzy cheerleader. When you look into Lakisha's eyes you see the back of her skull.

agman 11166 desperate attention whore postings

04-25-07, 03:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail agman Click to send private message to agman Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "RE: Top Six Rankem"
As uusal, I put Melinda at the top of the list. She did as excellent job.
2. would have to be Jordin. JMO but she seems to get stronger each week as Lakisha seems to fade!
3. Surprise, surprise, surprise, I actually thought it was Phil. I think has done well two weeks in a row now.
Big Drop
4. Blake--Just didn't care for him one way or the other last night!
5.Tie Lakisha and Chris. Neither on was too impressive IMO. As I said earlier, Lakisha seems to fade a bit every week. Chris just needs to go home now!

90 percent of life is half mental

gabygirl 20 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

04-25-07, 05:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail gabygirl Click to send private message to gabygirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
30. "RE: Top Six Rankem"
Based on the past few weeks:
The bottom two have to be Lakisha and Blake. I liked them both early on but lately...not so much. I have hope for Blake though. The hip, plaid wearing guy is in there somewhere. But he better get in touch with him soon.
Top this week:
Jordin
Melinda

curveball 225 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

04-25-07, 06:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail curveball Click to send private message to curveball Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
31. "Rankem, Bankem, and Spankem"
1. Jordin - tone down the enthusiasm
2. Blake - bring the beatbox back
3. Melinda - dont get it, wont get it, wont buy it
4. Phil - like the guy, not the voice
5. Lakisha - stop singing AI winners' songs
6. Chris - bringing nasal back

agman 11166 desperate attention whore postings

04-26-07, 02:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail agman Click to send private message to agman Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
38. "RE: Rankem, Bankem, and Spankem"
Here curveball, this is for you!

AyaK 10426 desperate attention whore postings

04-25-07, 07:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AyaK Click to send private message to AyaK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
32. "RE: Top Six Rankem"
1. Melinda. The only great performance of the night.
2. Phil. Probably won't save him from bottom 3, maybe even bottom 2, but we're finally learning that the praise for his talent from the guests each week had a basis in fact.
3. Jordin. Hasn't she ever heard this song before?
4. Blake. Not impressive.
5. Lakisha. She's goin' home.
6. Chris. How could VFTW ignore the fact that he should have gone home before Brandon? My poor ears.

04-26-07, 12:17 PM (EST)
37. "RE: Top Six Rankem"
Maybe Jordin thought all that screaming would mask her unfamiliarity with the song. A steak that overdone would be charcoal.

bostonrobfan 490 desperate attention whore postings

04-25-07, 10:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bostonrobfan Click to send private message to bostonrobfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
33. "RE: Top Six Rankem"
Can't believe it myself, but this is how I ranked 'em last night:

1. Jordin
2. Phil
3. Melinda
4. LaKisha
5. Blake
6. Chris

Overall:
1. Jordin
2. Melinda
3. Blake
4. LaKisha
5. Chris (tie)
Phil

emydi 13669 desperate attention whore postings

04-26-07, 10:41 AM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
35. "RE: Top Six Rankem"
Ok I know I'm late but I was in a seminar all day yday and my laptop is dead

1. Melinda..That was fantastic
2. Phil...Very good. Simon was right to sound more country
3. Blake..I liked it, it wasn't his best but I love the song
4. Lakisha..it was not as bad as everyone says it was imho
5. Chris--I must have heard a different song, I don't know what the judges heard
6. Jordin--Simon get a clue, this would not sell today. It was overdramatic and her fake tears made me want to puke. Randy is on drugs if he thinks that was the best ever....pah lease

I really had my hopes up that Jordin was actually leaving....stupid...was she and they couldn't let that happen? probably not..but when you play around with the rules like this..I DON't like it...see Fishercat's thread

04-26-07, 12:14 PM (EST)
36. "RE: Top Six Rankem"
Other than having to mute Phil for getting too painfully loud, and "Imagine" not being one of my favorite songs, I agree with you. Melinda was great, as usual.
Lakisha wasn't that bad, either. Even though it was, IMO, one of her worst performances, she can sing anything better than Fantasia. Even one of her songs!
Jordin's performance was sickeningly overdone. And, the judges liked it? They must've had a collective brain-fart.
And, last night was a damn gyp! All I wanted were the results. So, I waited until the last few minutes to watch. While they made it look, for all the world, like Jordin was getting booted.
I was pissed off over wasting even those few minutes on a non-results show. But, how many viewers wasted two hours?

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •