The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Rotu next to Tribal Council?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Krautboy 2750 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

03-01-02, 10:29 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Krautboy Click to send private message to Krautboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Rotu next to Tribal Council?"
Here’s an excerpt from the “Calendar of Events”. Notice the Tahitipresse article that suggests that the first two voted out are from different valleys, which means different tribes. If we can rely on the TP article, we can conclude that since Maraamu lost IC in EP1 Rotu will lose the IC in EP2...

----------------------------------------------------------------
EP2: 15 Survivors

Day 4, Thursday, 11/15
Team RC
Day 5, Friday, 11/16
Day 6, Saturday, 11/17
Team IC (smelly raw fish challenge?)
Tribal Council…2nd voted out

EP3: 14 Survivors
Day 7, Sunday, 11/18
Team RC
Day 8, Monday, 11/19
"Two of the sixteen candidates from the "Survivor" TV show are already no longer in the game. They left at the end of last week the Hakaui and Hakatea valleys for another secret location". (Tahitipresse, 11/28)
Day 9, Tuesday, 11/20
Team IC/Tribal Council…3rd voted out
----------------------------------------------------------------

In addition, we have MB’s editing. Why did he hide the dynamics and soften the conflicts in the Rotu Tribe?… Because they go to TC in EP2?

Why is Patricia being edited as the target in the previews for EP2?…Because he’s trying to focus the attention away from the real bootee in EP2?

What do you think?

Krautboy

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Rotu next to Tribal Council? PepeLePew13 03-01-02 1
 RE: Rotu next to Tribal Council? jkokoj 03-01-02 2
 RE: Rotu next to Tribal Council? FesterFan1 03-01-02 3
   RE: Rotu next to Tribal Council? tribephyl 03-01-02 4
   RE: Rotu next to Tribal Council? dabo 03-04-02 8
   RE: Rotu next to Tribal Council? BrykMantra 03-05-02 13
 RE: Rotu next to Tribal Council? JeffGator 03-04-02 5
   RE: Rotu next to Tribal Council? Mitrelleum 03-04-02 6
       RE: Rotu next to Tribal Council? SurvivinDawg 03-04-02 7
       RE: Rotu next to Tribal Council? dabo 03-04-02 9
 RE: Rotu next to Tribal Council? In The Woods 03-04-02 10
   RE: Rotu next to Tribal Council? dabo 03-04-02 11
       RE: Rotu next to Tribal Council? In The Woods 03-04-02 12

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-01-02, 11:13 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Rotu next to Tribal Council?"
It makes very good sense to me... misdirection to make people think that Patricia or another Maraamu goes.

The "They left at the end of last week the Hakaui and Hakatea valleys for another secret location" comment could quite easily be a generic statement designed to not reveal which of the two tribes had to go to TC so it could mean either that two Maraamus got booted and they wanted to cover that up or simply that one of each went.

I'm also a little distrustful of things that come from Tahitipresse because of the translation occasionally getting lost and the reliability factor.

jkokoj 4389 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

03-01-02, 11:14 AM (EST)
Click to EMail jkokoj Click to send private message to jkokoj Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Rotu next to Tribal Council?"
LAST EDITED ON 03-01-02 AT 11:14 AM (EST)

Definite misdirecton by MB. Maraamu was the focus of last nights episode and they were the tribe to go to TC. MB wants the casual viewer to think that Maraamu is in trouble with the way Patricia is edited in the previews.

Patricia may seem annoying in those caps but it is all in the editing. This lady knows she will have to work and play hard to stick around in this young, good looking tribe. I think Sarah will go before Patricia.

FesterFan1 5947 desperate attention whore postings

03-01-02, 02:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail FesterFan1 Click to send private message to FesterFan1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Rotu next to Tribal Council?"
LAST EDITED ON 03-01-02 AT 02:24 PM (EST)

It seemed to be the common opinion during S3 that the bootee was always featured in the tease for that episode, but not the one cast in a bad light.

This would make sense when looking at the promo for E2. Patricia is shown being bossy and we get reaction shots of the tribe scowling and Sean saying "she talks too much". All of this to make it seem like she's next on the hot seat.

Meanwhile, Kathy, who has already dug herself into a hole in E1, is shown "finding food". I think this is not the big deal we are being led to believe, and really she's the next to go. The promo would have you believe that Kathy redeems herself in the eyes of the tribe, but it's classic misdirection.

Fester

tribephyl 12393 desperate attention whore postings

03-01-02, 04:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tribephyl Click to send private message to tribephyl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Rotu next to Tribal Council?"
>It seemed to be the common
>opinion during S3 that the
>bootee was always featured in
>the tease for that episode,
>but not the one cast
>in a bad light.

Agreed!

>This would make sense when looking
>at the promo for E2.
> Patricia is shown being
>bossy and we get reaction
>shots of the tribe scowling
>and Sean saying "she talks
>too much". All of
>this to make it seem
>like she's next on the
>hot seat.
>
>Meanwhile, Kathy, who has already dug
>herself into a hole in
>E1, is shown "finding food".
> I think this is
>not the big deal we
>are being led to believe,
>and really she's the next
>to go. The promo
>would have you believe that
>Kathy redeems herself in the
>eyes of the tribe, but
>it's classic misdirection.

Classic!
Thinking the same exact thing. Patricia is probably offending only, Sean. His comments are most likely his own. Even then I still think he dislikes Sarah more at this moment.At least enough to opt for a Sarah vote first. This is an MB misdirection without a doubt IMO.
It's not Pat next.

And about Kathy, Wow, can we say "control freak". She is normally such a nice, fun-loving person...but, when something has to get done! Watch Out! Hello...Lady,you've just been dropped on an island in the middle of the Pacific, with no food no water no fire.I hate to break it to ya, but a lot of things have to get done. ARE you going to play the part of the B!+(# the whole time?
Let me tell you, from experience. If you huff and puff about having to do things all by yourself...People will be naturally inclined to let you continue to do so. Meaning you are not making friends by, groaning, whining and yelling, that you truly are a gem at the core. That person is called the "MARTYR" and they are destined to die, early. Because, as you (Kathy), have felt, the only one who cares about you is you.
Don't believe the MB hype.
Kathy is next!

tribephyl

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings

03-04-02, 09:16 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Rotu next to Tribal Council?"
>but not the one cast
>in a bad light.

Yes, this is OFG Theory. The part which held true 100% of the time was that the bootie was always in the promo, which was all that OFG Theory was originally. The part about not being cast in a bad light came later and is good to keep in mind, though it doesn't hold true 100% of the time, as in the cases of Frank and Linda. My thinking on when to expect the change-up is that it happens when the bootie gives MB no choice, as with Frank and Linda who were presenting themselves in a bad light anyway. We have seen Patricia presented in a good light in the social dynamics of Maraamu, whereas Kathy has been full of anxiety (which from her confessional we know she understands is not a good thing within the dynamics of the game, but she can't seem to keep it in control).
>
>The promo
>would have you believe that
>Kathy redeems herself in the
>eyes of the tribe, but
>it's classic misdirection.
>
Yes, plus in the brief sequence it seems Kathy is still playing it somewhat intensely, whistling and sounding alert, though that may be because of the nature of the food source. Regardless, I don't see much change in her attitude, she seems unable to keep it in control.

BrykMantra 49 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

03-05-02, 05:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail BrykMantra Click to send private message to BrykMantra Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Rotu next to Tribal Council?"
>but not the one cast
>in a bad light.

Actually, Frank was shown showing off his mouth about the "liberal media establishment" (or whatever) in the previews, and everybody (at least on the SU board) was saying, "That's PROOF that he won't get booted this episode!"

And I'd like to take this opportunity to point out once more that they were WRONG WRONG WRONG!!!

Not that I necessarily agree with what the particular point you're making here, I'm just saying that there was at least that one exception ...

... and to remind any former SU's reading this board that I was RIGHT RIGHT RIGHT!!! ...

-----------------------------

Homer: "But Marge -- if I catch this fish, I'll be a hero! "

Marge: "A hero? ? ? To who? ? ? "

Homer: "To the weirdos at the worm store! "

JeffGator 1401 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

03-04-02, 00:43 AM (EST)
Click to EMail JeffGator Click to send private message to JeffGator Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Rotu next to Tribal Council?"
I agree, Kathy is probably next. My question is--has she ever seen the show Survivor, before? Because in the first episode she did just about everything she could to get herself voted off. She alienated herself from the tribe, tried to boss them around, and cried that she has no support there. However, we didn't get to see too much of team Rotu, but unless someone else really annoying (like maybe voodoo man Robert) emerges, Kathy will be the next to extinguish her flame.

19 year old Student at the University of Florida--Go Gators and

Go Gina!

"I may be alot of things, but I ain't no Hershey Bar."

Mitrelleum 257 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

03-04-02, 02:20 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Mitrelleum Click to send private message to Mitrelleum Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Rotu next to Tribal Council?"
I also seem to remember something from Tahitipresse about the Fafaru challenge, which would logically be the next IC. I believe it said that 3 of the team with 8 members would not eat it, and therefore lose the cahllenge. That team is Rotu.

SurvivinDawg 6816 desperate attention whore postings

03-04-02, 08:37 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivinDawg Click to send private message to SurvivinDawg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Rotu next to Tribal Council?"
I believe it said that 3 of the team with 8 members would not eat it, and therefore lose the cahllenge. That team is Rotu.

Agreed. I don't see any Maraamu shying away from the yuck-food, but I envision three Rotu doing so: Neleh, Gabe, and Tammy.

*** Contradictions don't exist. If you are faced with a contradiction, check your premises. You will find that one of them is wrong. -- Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

03-04-02, 09:25 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Rotu next to Tribal Council?"
>I also seem to remember something
>from Tahitipresse about the Fafaru
>challenge, which would logically be
>the next IC. I believe
>it said that 3 of
>the team with 8 members
>would not eat it, and
>therefore lose the cahllenge. That
>team is Rotu.

There has been some indication that the Fafaru challenge will be for reward rather than immunity, in which case there would be less incentive for everyone to try to get the food down, and the penalization reported in the TP would simply be seeing the reward go to the other tribe.

In The Woods 55 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

03-04-02, 09:26 AM (EST)
Click to EMail In%20The%20Woods Click to send private message to In%20The%20Woods Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Rotu next to Tribal Council?"
Long time Lurker, first time poster. My quick thougth on Pat is that she thought at one point that she might be the first bootee off the island. So she comes back after the first tribal council, seeing her name twice, and thinks, I better do something. Unfortunatley her something is to start bossing people around, which is great camera fodder for MB. My guess is that Sean will tell her to "Chill".

03-04-02, 09:30 AM (EST)
11. "RE: Rotu next to Tribal Council?"
Welcome aboard. Pat only got one vote, Sarah got two. The real question is whether Sarah will wake up and start doing something besides flaunting her assetts.

In The Woods 55 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

03-04-02, 09:53 AM (EST)
Click to EMail In%20The%20Woods Click to send private message to In%20The%20Woods Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Rotu next to Tribal Council?"
My bad on the counting dabo!! I think the queen of the nile will be gone before Pat

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •