The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Well thank God it’s over!!!"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences American Idol General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

loyd6785 17 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

04-19-07, 00:08 AM (EST)
Click to EMail loyd6785 Click to send private message to loyd6785 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Well thank God it’s over!!!"
The freak show is over. Now there can be a real American Idol contest!
I think that even Sanjaya is glad that he no longer America’s biggest joke.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Well thank God it’s over!!! 2Centz 04-19-07 1
   RE: Well thank God it’s over!!! loyd6785 04-19-07 4
       RE: Well thank God it’s over!!! agman 04-19-07 19
           RE: Well thank God it’s over!!! loyd6785 04-19-07 24
 RE: Well thank God it’s over!!! iltarion 04-19-07 2
   RE: Well thank God it’s over!!! loyd6785 04-19-07 3
   RE: Well thank God it’s over!!! Fishercat 04-19-07 8
   RE: Well thank God it’s over!!! HistoryDetective 04-19-07 9
       RE: Well thank God it’s over!!! Snidget 04-19-07 10
       RE: Well thank God it’s over!!! geg6 04-19-07 11
           RE: Well thank God it’s over!!! Snidget 04-19-07 12
   RE: Well thank God it’s over!!! YankeeDixieDoodle 04-19-07 16
 RE: Well thank God it’s over!!! Pretty_Kitty 04-19-07 5
   RE: Well thank God it’s over!!! HistoryDetective 04-19-07 6
       RE: Well thank God it’s over!!! aquariaqueen 04-19-07 7
           RE: Well thank God it’s over!!! loyd6785 04-19-07 25
       I voted! zombiebaby 04-19-07 13
           RE: I voted! bullzeye 04-19-07 15
               RE: I voted! cahaya 04-20-07 28
           RE: I voted! YankeeDixieDoodle 04-19-07 17
               RE: I voted! zombiebaby 04-19-07 18
               RE: I voted! frankz 04-19-07 21
               RE: I voted! loyd6785 04-19-07 26
           RE: I voted! agman 04-19-07 22
               RE: I voted! zombiebaby 04-20-07 30
   RE: Well thank God it’s over!!! loyd6785 04-19-07 23
 and Thank God I didn't look her bef... priestdi 04-19-07 14
   RE: and Thank God I didn't look her... agman 04-19-07 20
       RE: and Thank God I didn't look her... loyd6785 04-20-07 27
           RE: and Thank God I didn't look her... priestdi 04-20-07 29
   Stop it. Now. Bebo 04-20-07 31

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

2Centz 150 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

04-19-07, 00:26 AM (EST)
Click to EMail 2Centz Click to send private message to 2Centz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Well thank God it’s over!!!"

Thanks for spoiling it, genius.

04-19-07, 07:22 AM (EST)
Click to EMail loyd6785 Click to send private message to loyd6785 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Well thank God it’s over!!!"
>
>Thanks for spoiling it, genius.

I don’t think I spoiled it unless I miscalculated the time difference on the west coast but the show should have been over 23 minutes when I posted, they are only 3 hours behind, but if I did I am really sorry!!! Nothing I can do about that now! By the way thanks for calling me a “genius” , but I don’t think I’m really all THAT smart though, but you are close…LOL

agman 11166 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

04-19-07, 05:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail agman Click to send private message to agman Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Well thank God it’s over!!!"
LAST EDITED ON 04-19-07 AT 09:18 PM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 04-19-07 AT 06:11 PM (EST)

Too bad that you don't know that 10:00 plus 3 hours would have been 1:00 am Not 12:00 am. I guess you were more excited than you thought

04-19-07, 11:41 PM (EST)
24. "RE: Well thank God it’s over!!!"
>LAST EDITED ON 04-19-07
>AT 09:18 PM (EST)

>
>LAST EDITED ON 04-19-07
>AT 06:11 PM (EST)

>
>Too bad that you don't know
>that 10:00 plus 3 hours
>would have been 1:00 am
> Not 12:00 am.
>I guess you were more
>excited than you thought
>

Yeah I guess I was, however in my weak defense, I don’t think I spoiled it too bad because anyone that my thread could have spoiled it for, was watching the show at that time, not reading my post. Don’t ya think? Hope so anyway. Like I said, nothing I can do about that now.

iltarion 1791 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

04-19-07, 00:32 AM (EST)
Click to EMail iltarion Click to send private message to iltarion Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Well thank God it’s over!!!"
Well said!
I wouldn't say Sanjaya was glad based off his tears, but when he sang "let's give em something to talk about other than hair," he clearly showed he knew why he had made it that far. Props to him!
The sad thing is that Sanjaya could sing. Was he good enough to be the next American Idol? No. But you don't make it past that first rehearsal if you can't sing. It humors me how people go off about how some finalist can't sing, ei. Haley, Sanjaya, etc. They can all sing or they wouldn't be there. Some are just better than others.
And VFTW can now shut up and go play D&D in their basements. I can philosophically agree with what they are doing, but this isn't THEIR show! This is AMERICA'S show! And WE have SPOKEN!

04-19-07, 06:47 AM (EST)
3. "RE: Well thank God it’s over!!!"
>Well said!
>I wouldn't say Sanjaya was glad
>based off his tears

Yes but that could have been tears of joy or relief…LOL
No you are probably right.

Fishercat 4168 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

04-19-07, 09:34 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Fishercat Click to send private message to Fishercat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Well thank God it’s over!!!"
Or they'll pick someone else this Friday and keep voting, per usual. I think that's what they'll do.

HistoryDetective 9516 desperate attention whore postings

04-19-07, 09:42 AM (EST)
Click to EMail HistoryDetective Click to send private message to HistoryDetective Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Well thank God it’s over!!!"
VFTWers aren't Americans who have the same right to vote for a reality TV contestant as anybody else?! Who knew?

Snidget 44369 desperate attention whore postings

04-19-07, 09:47 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Well thank God it’s over!!!"
*sits on the bench next to HD*

I may not agree with who someone votes for. I may not agree with the reasons they vote for them, but I will defend their right to vote for whatever reason they choose.

That a bunch of like-minded people get together and vote as a block is not the American way? Who knew?

Thanks to Scarlett O Hara for the memorial sig pic.

geg6 14941 desperate attention whore postings

04-19-07, 09:53 AM (EST)
Click to EMail geg6 Click to send private message to geg6 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Well thank God it’s over!!!"
Hell, I quit watching the show, but I voted with VFTW this season because I think it's funny.

And, shocking as it may seem, I don't have a basement. Nor do I play D&D.

*checks self for signs of geekdom*

Nope. Sorry.

"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds." Albert Einstein

Snidget 44369 desperate attention whore postings

04-19-07, 09:59 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Well thank God it’s over!!!"
Not that there is anything wrong with that, I mean geekdom.

Thanks to Scarlett O Hara for the memorial sig pic.

YankeeDixieDoodle 442 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

04-19-07, 04:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail YankeeDixieDoodle Click to send private message to YankeeDixieDoodle Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Well thank God it’s over!!!"
>Well said!
>I wouldn't say Sanjaya was glad
>based off his tears, but
>when he sang "let's give
>em something to talk about
>other than hair," he clearly
>showed he knew why he
>had made it that far.
>Props to him!
>The sad thing is that Sanjaya
>could sing. Was he good
>enough to be the next
>American Idol? No. But you
>don't make it past that
>first rehearsal if you can't
>sing.
>

During the auditions, and Hollywood round, Sanjaya never impressed me as a good enough singer to make the Top 12, let alone the Top 7. And, Simon, according to comments he made at the end of several results shows, obviuosly didn't consider him a good singer, chalking up his continuing "safe" status to popularity among young girls. Why did Simon send Sanjaya to Hollywood? And, keep him there? I suspect he trusted the voters to see that Sanjaya wasn't good enough for a Top 12 spot. And, vote him off before things got that far.

Pretty_Kitty 536 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

04-19-07, 07:37 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Pretty_Kitty Click to send private message to Pretty_Kitty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Well thank God it’s over!!!"
Agreed. I felt bad for him but not enough for him to stay around. He's just a kid and I wonder how all this is going to effect him in the long run. (I cant help it Im a mom)

HistoryDetective 9516 desperate attention whore postings

04-19-07, 08:05 AM (EST)
Click to EMail HistoryDetective Click to send private message to HistoryDetective Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Well thank God it’s over!!!"
I have a hard time feeling bad for him. After all, he allowed this photo to be taken:

aquariaqueen 2616 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

04-19-07, 09:19 AM (EST)
Click to EMail aquariaqueen Click to send private message to aquariaqueen Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Well thank God it’s over!!!"
That picture would be particularly scary if he would have shaved!!! Most women aren't that pretty.

04-19-07, 11:44 PM (EST)
25. "RE: Well thank God it’s over!!!"
>That picture would be particularly scary
>if he would have shaved!!!
> Most women aren't that
>pretty.
>
LOL

zombiebaby 7356 desperate attention whore postings

04-19-07, 10:30 AM (EST)
Click to EMail zombiebaby Click to send private message to zombiebaby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "I voted!"
For the first time ever for a contestant. Yup it was for our boy Sanjaya. Too bad.

He was the best.contestant.ever.

I hope he outsells every Idol. Really is anyone interested in next week now? Anyone?

Who in their right mind would rather see Celine Dion?

One more of J
Slice's Awesome Creations!

bullzeye 5030 desperate attention whore postings

04-19-07, 12:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bullzeye Click to send private message to bullzeye Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: I voted!"
Really is anyone interested in next week now? Anyone?

That was my first thought last night as well. I really came around with this lad - hated him in the beginning, then realized that (a) it wasn't his fault that he was thrust into the spotlight, and (b) he took a bad situation and ran with it.

Just hand the prize to Melinda and let's get on with out lives.

A birthday present from Tribe

cahaya 19891 desperate attention whore postings

04-20-07, 00:25 AM (EST)
Click to EMail cahaya Click to send private message to cahaya Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "RE: I voted!"
My sentiments exactly.

Here, I'll give due credit to Sanjaya for the way he handled the spotlight although he was way out of his league. He did develop a genuine fan base, and he could even take a crack at being a modern teeny-bopper style minor hit. With a some voice training, he could go places. I think he handled himself quite well, especially for his young age and inexperience.

Foo dogs by tribe.

Melinda is not in a tier her own, she's in a tiara her own!

YankeeDixieDoodle 442 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

04-19-07, 05:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail YankeeDixieDoodle Click to send private message to YankeeDixieDoodle Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: I voted!"
LAST EDITED ON 04-19-07 AT 05:43 PM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 04-19-07 AT 05:42 PM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 04-19-07 AT 05:39 PM (EST)

>For the first time ever for
>a contestant. Yup it
>was for our boy Sanjaya.
> Too bad.
>
>
>He was the best.contestant.ever.
>
>I hope he outsells every Idol.
> Really is anyone interested
>in next week now?
>Anyone?
>

Now that all the "dregs" have been skimmed off: only the good singers remain; and I won't have to endure any more Gina, Haley or Sanjaya; I'm more interested in AI than ever.

>
>Who in their right mind would
>rather see Celine Dion?
>

Millions, including my husdand and me

04-19-07, 05:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail zombiebaby Click to send private message to zombiebaby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: I voted!"
That's fine if that is what you like and why you watch the show. We just have different reasons for watching and musical tastes.

To me this show does not have any singers that I would listen too let alone even buy any records. Same goes for most of the guest mentors.

Sanjaya was funny cheese. The rest? Just plain boring, cliched cheese.

*shrugs* I include Celine Dion in the boring cheese group. YMMV

One more of J
Slice's Awesome Creations!

frankz 1214 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

04-19-07, 06:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail frankz Click to send private message to frankz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: I voted!"
After 3 edits you still didn't spell husband correctly? Nuff said. Different strokes. Call me Simon.

It's not getting any smarter out there. You have to come to terms with stupidity, and make it work for you." Frank Z

04-19-07, 11:53 PM (EST)
26. "RE: I voted!"

>I'm more interested in AI
>than ever.
>
>>
>>Who in their right mind would
>>rather see Celine Dion?

I'm with you on that,YankeeDixieDoodle

04-19-07, 07:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail agman Click to send private message to agman Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: I voted!"
I'm sorry Sanjaya didn't last for you to keep you entertained. Here's something to remember him by

04-20-07, 08:03 AM (EST)
30. "RE: I voted!"
Thanks Agman! This kid just cracks me up!

04-19-07, 11:28 PM (EST)
23. "RE: Well thank God it’s over!!!"
>Agreed. I felt bad for him
>but not enough for him
>to stay around. He's just
>a kid and I wonder
>how all this is going
>to effect him in the
>long run. (I cant help
>it Im a mom)

Don’t feel too bad mom! If you really want to know how this will affect this poor kid, I will tell you, he well get filthy rich from all this attention. Now that’s the sad part!!! Others that were voted off that were much, much better than he ever could be, should have enjoyed the spotlight that he took up all because some people thought it would funny to keep him on the show.

priestdi 378 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

04-19-07, 11:36 AM (EST)
Click to EMail priestdi Click to send private message to priestdi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "and Thank God I didn't look her before the show ended ..."

do the math.

you posted after midnight EST?

well guess what.

the show starts at 9, ends at 10.

10 plus three hours is 1 a.m.

And I personally am disappointed. He was the only interesting thing that show had to offer the last few weeks, for me anyway. yes some people sing well, melinda especially. but he's the only one who made me wonder what's he gonna do tonight.

and usually the only one I remembered the next day.

04-19-07, 05:59 PM (EST)
20. "RE: and Thank God I didn't look her before the show ended ..."
LOL well put!!!!!

A snidget original

04-20-07, 00:13 AM (EST)
27. "RE: and Thank God I didn't look her before the show ended ..."
>LOL well put!!!!!
>
>
> A snidget
>original

OK, OK, people I did the #$%@ math!!! I WAS WRONG, AND I’M SORRY, Like you guys, anyone that this post could have spoiled it for, was watching the show at that time, not reading threads,
Now can we please move on?

priestdi 378 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

04-20-07, 01:28 AM (EST)
Click to EMail priestdi Click to send private message to priestdi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
29. "RE: and Thank God I didn't look her before the show ended ..."

I appreciate the apology.

really.

but no, the first post here was from someone in the Pacific time zone who was reading while watching.

and i've done that too in the past ... read along with the party, as the show progressed.

but now you know, right? lol. for next time.

Bebo 21083 desperate attention whore postings

04-20-07, 10:33 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
31. "Stop it. Now."
LAST EDITED ON 04-20-07 AT 10:34 AM (EST)

These forums are not for criticizing other posters - they are for discussion of the show. Read our guidelines.

If you have an issue with someone's post, the proper way to handle it is to alert the moderators and let us handle it. Bashing them for it within a thread? Not proper. Debating whether or not things were done correctly? Not proper. Egging on other posters who are involved in such a debate? Not proper.

Consider this a warning for all three of you.

Unlock | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •