The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Calling for an audit"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences American Idol General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

SurvivinDawg 6816 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-22-03, 10:02 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivinDawg Click to send private message to SurvivinDawg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Calling for an audit"
According to The Drudge Report's headline, critics are calling for an audit of AI. Drudge has the quote "I think we are looking at a modern day version of the $64,000 question!"

There is yet to be a linked article to Drudge's headline, so stay tuned for more developments.

Contradictions don't exist. If you are faced with a contradiction, check your premises. You will find that one of them is wrong. -- Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Calling for an audit smiley 05-22-03 1
 RE: Calling for an audit SurvivinDawg 05-22-03 2
 RE: Calling for an audit Q 05-22-03 3
   RE: Calling for an audit SurvivinDawg 05-22-03 4
   RE: Calling for an audit AZ_Leo 05-22-03 5
       RE: Calling for an audit Chez 05-22-03 6
           RE: Calling for an audit smiley 05-22-03 7
       RE: Calling for an audit CLAYAIKENLOVER 05-24-03 10
 RE: Calling for an audit I_AM_HE 05-22-03 8
   Now I get it! AZ_Leo 05-22-03 9

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

smiley 2009 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

05-22-03, 10:39 AM (EST)
Click to EMail smiley Click to send private message to smiley Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Calling for an audit"
I agree something needs to be done...I posted this on the spoiler thread but this is what confuses me.....

I think the whole voting thing is bogus....they keep saying 24 million people voted but thats not right because you can vote more than once. Either there was 24 million VOTERS...which would mean more than that many actually VOTES...or there were 24 million VOTES...which means a million people could have voted 24 times!

05-22-03, 10:55 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivinDawg Click to send private message to SurvivinDawg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Calling for an audit"
Drudge has links to a story now.

Contradictions don't exist. If you are faced with a contradiction, check your premises. You will find that one of them is wrong. -- Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Q 2569 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

05-22-03, 11:07 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Q Click to send private message to Q Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Calling for an audit"
Dawg,

Thanks for posting this. Have you read Newsweek this week? It has some Simon Quotes that lead me to beleive Ruben would win, even back to last weeks show when Kim was still in the running.

He says to Paula, Ruben has given a horrible practice, but Kim just gave the practice of her life, and Ruben has to make the F2.

The whole thing seems fishy to me.

It is astonishing how foolish humans can be in groups, especially when they follow their leaders without question - States: The Bene Gesserit View. All States Are an Abstraction.

05-22-03, 11:26 AM (EST)
4. "RE: Calling for an audit"
The whole thing seems fishy to me.

If you catch someone named "SurvivinDawg" arguing with you about this, shoot him. It ain't me!

Not only that, Ruben has been painted as the poor kid who has worked his way up to glory. I don't have any problem with Ruben; I wish him well. But it's pretty obvious how it was meant to go down.

AZ_Leo 3526 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

05-22-03, 11:31 AM (EST)
Click to EMail AZ_Leo Click to send private message to AZ_Leo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Calling for an audit"
Here's a link to that Newsweek article: http://www.msnbc.com/news/914098.asp

Relevant passage:
SIMON’S NEVER BEEN much for chitchat, but he’s particularly on edge now because of something strange occurring onstage. Kimberley Locke, who most everyone believes is a long shot to make it to the finals, is singing the pants off Ruben Studdard. Clay Aiken isn’t at his best, but Studdard is really off. His rendition of Peabo Bryson’s “If Ever I’m in Your Arms Again” is so obviously uninspired that the judges are clearly worried. They even tell him to take off his distracting hat and sing again, even though the judges almost never comment on performers before the show. “We have a problem,” Cowell is overheard carping outside the soundstage later. “I want Ruben to be in the final two, and Kimberley just had a great rehearsal.”

(bold and italics added)

Chez 777 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

05-22-03, 12:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Chez Click to send private message to Chez Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Calling for an audit"
Here's an odd one.

We have two phones, a cell phone and a regular wired phone. Tuesday evening, I had them both out so my daughter and I could vote for Clay numerous times. After the show, for about 75 minutes, we could not get through on either phone. (I had dialed the number and hit "redial".) Finally we got through on the wired phone. Thereafter, we were able to vote numerous times (about 20-25) on the wired house phone, with usually about 1 busy signal between successful votes.

Meanwhile, we could never get through on the cell phone. We switched off between ourselves, and we reentered the number numerous times just to make sure it was correct. Nothing worked. We never got through once on the cell phone.

This is just too odd. Cannot be a coincidence.

smiley 2009 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

05-22-03, 01:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail smiley Click to send private message to smiley Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Calling for an audit"
This is just sounding fishier and fishier

CLAYAIKENLOVER Firstname::Bill desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "New Member"

05-24-03, 09:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CLAYAIKENLOVER Click to send private message to CLAYAIKENLOVER Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Calling for an audit"
>Here's a link to that Newsweek
>article: http://www.msnbc.com/news/914098.asp
>
>Relevant passage:
> SIMON’S NEVER
>BEEN much for chitchat, but
>he’s particularly on edge now
>because of something strange occurring
>onstage. Kimberley Locke, who most
>everyone believes is a long
>shot to make it to
>the finals, is singing the
>pants off Ruben Studdard. Clay
>Aiken isn’t at his best,
>but Studdard is really off.
>His rendition of Peabo Bryson’s
>“If Ever I’m in Your
>Arms Again” is so obviously
>uninspired that the judges are
>clearly worried. They even tell
>him to take off his
>distracting hat and sing again,
>even though the judges almost
>never comment on performers before
>the show. “We have a
>problem,” Cowell is overheard carping
>outside the soundstage later. “I
>want Ruben to be in
>the final two, and Kimberley
>just had a great rehearsal.”

>
>
>(bold and italics added)
>
>

I HONESTLY NEVER REALY THOUGHT KIM L. WAS THAT GREAT A SINGER, SHES OK BUT NOTHIN SPECIAL TO ME, I MEAN SHES A SWEET PERSON ADN EVERYTHING BUT JUST DOESNT DO IT FOR ME OR INTEREST ME AND I WOULD NEEEEEEEEEVER BUY HER CD. NOW CLAY AIKEN YOU SAID WASNT DOING TO GREAT, BULLCRAP, CLAY HAS NEVER DONE ANYTHING BUT AMAZING AND PERFECT. HES INCREDIBLE AND WAYYYYYYYYYY BETTER THEN KIM L. AND RUBEN PUT TOGETHER AND CLAY IS THE TRUE AMERICAN IDOL AND YOU ALL KNOW IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I LOVE MICHAEL JACKSON AND CLAY AIKEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THE TWO HOTTEST, SEXIEST, AND MOST TALENTED MEN ALIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OUR TRUE AMERICAN IDOLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I_AM_HE 6123 desperate attention whore postings

05-22-03, 03:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail I_AM_HE Click to send private message to I_AM_HE Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Calling for an audit"
LAST EDITED ON 05-22-03 AT 03:41 PM (EST)

I think THIS is the key line, and the hole in the conspiracy theory:

"Listen, I've been around Hollywood for a long, long time, and this reeks of a contrived, phony ending," a top executive from a rival network charged Thursday morning. "No one here believes for one second the votes landed just 1,300 apart. It's a disgrace... in fact, I think we are looking at a modern day version of the $64,000 question!"

the numbers snafu makes them look guilty of nothing more than stupidity, sorry folks

AZ_Leo 3526 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

05-22-03, 04:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AZ_Leo Click to send private message to AZ_Leo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "Now I get it!"
This whole conspiracy thing is actually being created and promoted by secret Fox operatives on all boards because if there was a conspiracy and they used various technological and psychological techniques to get the result they wanted they look clever.

Otherwise they just look like another group of clueless network bozos.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •