The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"The Judge's Country Night Comments"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences American Idol General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

YankeeDixieDoodle 442 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

04-18-07, 12:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail YankeeDixieDoodle Click to send private message to YankeeDixieDoodle Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"The Judge's Country Night Comments"
LAST EDITED ON 04-18-07 AT 12:14 PM (EST)

Being more interested in Jordin, Lakisha and Melinda's performances, for quality singing; and Sanjaya's, out of sheer curiousity; I did chores during Blake, Chris and Phil's.
The judges and I agreed right down the line on Melinda. Perfect song choice, fantasic voice and sexy delivery. She dressed, and moved, sexily without coming across as a tramp.
We saw eye-to-eye on Jordin, too, except for one of Simon's comments. It took him until last night to consider the possibilty of her winning the competition. I began thinking this last week.
I couldn't agree with them on Lakisha, though. I've heard Carrie sing "Jesus Take the Wheel" on the radio and didn't like it. Her delivery is too whiny. But, Melinda took the whine out and made the song mean something to me. I really liked her version. And, didn't like the judges' comments. Make it more gospel? Why? Because she's black, she should sing it plantation style?
At first, it surprized me that the judges had nothing positive to say about Sanjaya. Until I considered their agenda. I suspect they secretly liked his performance but didn't want to encourage any votes for him.
It, IMO, was his best vocal performance all season. Finally, his voice was strong and masculine. It may have been karaoke, as Randy asserted, but that's still better than weak and effiminate.
And, compared to most of the other contestants all season, Simon could be right in his assessment. Horrendous. But, compared to himself, I though he was pretty good last night.
The head-scarf, though, was ridiculously girlish. Especially from the back, it showed how effiminate his hair still looks.
One good performance doesn't make him AI material, though. And,
I just hope the judges' comments didn't generate a big sympathy vote for him.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: The Judge's Country Night Comme... curveball 04-18-07 1
   RE: The Judge's Country Night Comme... YankeeDixieDoodle 04-19-07 2

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

curveball 225 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

04-18-07, 04:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail curveball Click to send private message to curveball Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: The Judge's Country Night Comments"
You missed out then, because Phil gave a great performance (albeit his last), and Blake did an amazing job of continuing to choose a genre-specific song that still conforms to his "style." The judges picked up on both of these points.

As for Lakisha - the judges went easy on her. She blew it. First of all, she picked a song by the most recognizable AI artist, and possible the most recognizable artist period. For the same reasons that they say, "Dont pick Celine, don't pick Whitney, " it goes without saying, "Don't pick a previous idol winner", let alone the "song of the year." And worst of all, she did nothing to make it her own, just did a Carrie cover. What the judges should have said was, "you are not safe this week."

Judges were right on for Sanjaya. He is terrible.

But the best judge comment came from Simon to Melinda, when he told her, "stop fronting."

YankeeDixieDoodle 442 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

04-19-07, 04:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail YankeeDixieDoodle Click to send private message to YankeeDixieDoodle Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: The Judge's Country Night Comments"
I taped it, too. In case I got interrupted during the show.And, missed something. So, I can watch Phil and Blake later. As for Lakisha, I liked her rendition better. It sounded less whiny than Carrie's. And, I considered it a better choice than the song Lakisha was rumored to have chosen. "Concrete Angel"

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •