The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Episode One spoiler?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Stuefis 78 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

02-28-02, 06:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Stuefis Click to send private message to Stuefis Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Episode One spoiler?"
I voted on this poll on AOL. You voted for who you thought would win and if you'll watch tonite's show. The spoiler may be in the poll results. The first poll question that shows up says "Did Gina deserve to get voted off?" You couldn't vote for that one. Not sure if it was just a glitch or a spoiler.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Episode One spoiler? Stuefis 02-28-02 1
 RE: Episode One spoiler? sleeeve 02-28-02 2
   RE: Episode One spoiler? SurvivorBlows 02-28-02 6
 Sorry, i saw this but posted after ... BaquaR13 02-28-02 3
 RE: Episode One spoiler? thebes 02-28-02 4
   RE: Episode One spoiler? Stuefis 02-28-02 5
 Glitch Explanation sleeeve 02-28-02 7

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

02-28-02, 07:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Stuefis Click to send private message to Stuefis Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Episode One spoiler?"
LAST EDITED ON 02-28-02 AT 07:11 PM (EST)

As you can see, someone else has seen this.

sleeeve 3456 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

02-28-02, 07:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sleeeve Click to send private message to sleeeve Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Episode One spoiler?"
Personally, I'd guess that it's a glitch of some sort... I highly doubt that AOL knows who is voted off before the rest of America... but... anything is possible.

Other thoughts?

You never know what might be up my sleeeve...

SurvivorBlows 15230 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

02-28-02, 08:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivorBlows Click to send private message to SurvivorBlows Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Episode One spoiler?"
>Personally, I'd guess that it's a glitch of some sort... I
>highly doubt that AOL knows who is voted off before
>the rest of America... but... anything is possible.
>
>Other thoughts?

Well, think about this. The media visited the island after the first boot. AOL-Time Warner owns a number of media organizations, including People, time, Entertainment Weekly, and I believe one of ET, Access Hollywood, etc. It's not that big a stretch...

-SB

BaquaR13 1336 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

02-28-02, 07:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail BaquaR13 Click to send private message to BaquaR13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "Sorry, i saw this but posted after you..."
I think it is entirely possible, but doubtful. Although it does make you scratch your head a little...

thebes 8 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

02-28-02, 07:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail thebes Click to send private message to thebes Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Episode One spoiler?"
FWIW, during S1 and (maybe?) S2, the picture that AOL posted on its welcome page was of the person voted out that night. Maybe in an attempt to recapture past glory (and spoiling interest?), they're doing this again. (BTW, Gina's picture IS the one on the welcome page tonight.)

Of course, I'm the only person around who thought that was Peter walking and not Gina, so what do I know?

02-28-02, 07:28 PM (EST)
5. "RE: Episode One spoiler?"
I've seen some other stuff that's broken out where they say that AOL had a glitch put out tommarow's poll.

sleeeve 3456 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

02-28-02, 08:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sleeeve Click to send private message to sleeeve Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "Glitch Explanation"
If you list the Survivors in the same order as the CBS homepage, Gina is first. (They list them by tribe, then by contestant, with both tribe names and contestant names alphabatized).

I think this is set up so that there's a drop down list that an administrator has access to. Basically, the admin selects the first bootee, and that person's name appears in the poll... the admin can thus easily change the name on a week-by-week basis.

Basically, the page was seen about 2 hours before it was supposed to. Later tonite, the admin will select the correct name, and "activate" the page, allowing people to vote.

You never know what might be up my sleeeve...

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •