The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Top 7 Rankings thread"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences American Idol General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

Breezy 18380 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

04-18-07, 10:30 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Breezy Click to send private message to Breezy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Top 7 Rankings thread"
Rank 'em if you got 'em.

It hit me last night, this season is exactly like the first season. One extremely better then all the rest singer and one goofy dude with funky hair. Let's all hope that Sanjina doesn't make it to the final two though. *shudder*

Save a horse, ride a cowboy.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Top 7 Rankings thread emydi 04-18-07 1
   RE: Top 7 Rankings thread zazzy 04-18-07 5
       RE: Top 7 Rankings thread emydi 04-18-07 7
           RE: Top 7 Rankings thread SilverStar 04-18-07 10
               RE: Top 7 Rankings thread Glow 04-18-07 12
               RE: Top 7 Rankings thread emydi 04-18-07 14
                   RE: Top 7 Rankings thread Glow 04-18-07 17
                       RE: Top 7 Rankings thread emydi 04-18-07 24
   RE: Top 7 Rankings thread payne0295 04-18-07 18
 RE: Top 7 Rankings thread Breezy 04-18-07 2
   RE: Top 7 Rankings thread samboohoo 04-18-07 4
   RE: Top 7 Rankings thread zazzy 04-18-07 6
       RE: Top 7 Rankings thread Breezy 04-18-07 9
           RE: Top 7 Rankings thread zazzy 04-18-07 19
 RE: Top 7 Rankings thread bullzeye 04-18-07 3
 RE: Top 7 Rankings thread zazzy 04-18-07 8
 RE: Top 7 Rankings thread Glow 04-18-07 11
 RE: Top 7 Rankings thread Iconoclastic 04-18-07 13
 RE: Top 7 Rankings thread YankeeDixieDoodle 04-18-07 15
   RE: Top 7 Rankings thread Breezy 04-18-07 16
   RE: Top 7 Rankings thread geekboy 04-18-07 20
       RE: Top 7 Rankings thread zazzy 04-18-07 26
 RE: Top 7 Rankings thread geekboy 04-18-07 21
 RE: Top 7 Rankings thread cahaya 04-18-07 22
 RE: Top 7 Rankings thread curveball 04-18-07 23
 RE: Top 7 Rankings thread agman 04-18-07 25
 RE: Top 7 Rankings AM I THE ONLY ON... irememberdunkleman 04-18-07 27
 RE: Top 7 Rankings thread tamarama 04-18-07 28
   RE: Top 7 Rankings thread iltarion 04-18-07 29
       RE: Top 7 Rankings thread agman 04-18-07 30

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

emydi 13669 desperate attention whore postings

04-18-07, 10:39 AM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Top 7 Rankings thread"
LAST EDITED ON 04-18-07 AT 11:00 AM (EST)

I was typing these rankings as you posted this...I will alert mine

1. Phil--he was great, Great song choice, he looked great even w/o a hat and he worked the crowd seemlessly (unlike most of them) his chest bumps with 2 guys was perfect. He def. should pursue a career in country...who knew Phil was Bucky w/o the golden locks sorry glowie!

2. Melinda--Thank GOD Simon said that last nite...I really do think AI peons read these sights and it works its way onto the show...She picked a great song and she came out of her safe zone.

3. Blake--I don't understand the Vote Idols nos. etc. If he goes I'll be very upset. Hopefully the pimp spot helped. I thought it was a very good song and he sang it well. I know I voted for him (and Phil and a few to Sanjaya...see below). Could his voters have become complacent?

4. Jordin--The best of the rest but I did not hear the same song that the judges did I guess. I thought she talked the first part and then DID not like it when she started the chorus...and YOIKS on the dress

5. Lakisha--This was meh boring and the judges... although she was better than the other two

6. Sanjaya--Ok that was really bad but what Pissed me off were Simon's comments...Yes it's a singing competition but then wtf did you put him into the top 24. After that arrogance, I had to vote for him and back VFTW.

7. Chris-that was horrible. AND THEN HE back talks Simon and almost starts to cry. Let's remember that a lot of us tore Chris S a new one after he made his Teletubbies comment... I never heard of nasal singing on purpose either. I think it may be an Ace/Constantine boot....although the VoteIDols etc. seem to show he is safer than Blake...I think I agree with the poster that said Chris picked up Haley's votes.

ETA: I completely missed Chris talking about VaTEch...that was why he looked he was going to cry and not bc of Simon's comments...but I still think it was a bad move to say that nasal is a form of singing...as VFTW said then so is "shItty"

I thought the whole Ryan and Simon statements about VaTech were cheesy and scripted and so insincere...I liked what Jon Stewart did on Monday's Daily Show...he said what can you say and then said he was going to repress his feelings and in 30 years someone will spill some juice and he'll go ballistic...then he started his normal show of fake political news...that's sincere..what Ryan and Simon did was swarmy melodramatic (like most of the real newscasters, btw)

tribey is my American Idol!

zazzy 4390 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

04-18-07, 11:15 AM (EST)
Click to EMail zazzy Click to send private message to zazzy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Top 7 Rankings thread"
Hey Emydi, Chris Sligh made the teletubbie remark to Simon...not Chris R.

04-18-07, 11:20 AM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Top 7 Rankings thread"
LAST EDITED ON 04-18-07 AT 11:22 AM (EST)

I know, I was saying there was an uproar when Chris S sassed Simon so we should treat Chris R the same when he back talks....snippingly and not warranted (which imo both Chris's back talks were)

The only one that gets a pass on sass is Sanjaya bc of his unique circumstances

SilverStar 6205 desperate attention whore postings

04-18-07, 11:44 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SilverStar Click to send private message to SilverStar Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Top 7 Rankings thread"
I think there is a huge difference in the "sassing" that the Chris's did. Sligh was trying to be funny by insulting Simon, and no one thought it was funny. Richardson was trying to defend his performance, he was not trying to be funny or insulting. Totally different situations, IMO.

Glow 14353 desperate attention whore postings

04-18-07, 11:52 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Glow Click to send private message to Glow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Top 7 Rankings thread"
^in agreeance with the BeautifulStar^

04-18-07, 01:59 PM (EST)
14. "RE: Top 7 Rankings thread"
LAST EDITED ON 04-18-07 AT 02:04 PM (EST)

ok I will give you that distinction but it was still a stupid comment and was so WRONG...it made him look really bad imho
ETA: Glowie, I saw your list and I don't know the song so I can't comment..but Chris does this in almost every song..

I do still think he's cute...

04-18-07, 02:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Glow Click to send private message to Glow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Top 7 Rankings thread"
Okay. So I'm confused.

Chris does have a nasally singing style. (And yes, it is a singing style. I'm not saying that's "good" or "bad".) I'm not sure what the issue is there. I'm also not sure where the problem is with him defending himself. He wasn't disrespectful to Simon and he didn't make fun of Simon. He wanted to make a statement to VT and Simon was insulting him on something he's done every week. He said what he had to say about it, "Dude, I sound like that all the time. Why are you bringing that up this week? I want to tell everybody in VA that I'm thinking about them and this is the only chance I have to do it." <-- not verbatim

The reason I said this week sounded like karaoke is because the RF dude also has a nasally singing style and because it wasn't changed up at all (other than the fact that the AI band sucked so much on it).

And yes. He is very cute. If it was anybody else on the screen that Simon was rolling his eyes at, I likely wouldn't have noticed.

04-18-07, 05:01 PM (EST)
24. "RE: Top 7 Rankings thread"
I guess I disagree that he is always nasal and that it's a legitimate singing style...but that's me ...

I also thought that he was being petulant when he said it, the look on his face, etc. But maybe I'm being too hard on him...but I just did not like it at all. Just move on and don't give Simon more ammunition...

payne0295 2 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

04-18-07, 02:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail payne0295 Click to send private message to payne0295 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Top 7 Rankings thread"
Chris sang a Rascal Flatts song. Have you ever heard them? They perfected the "nasally" sound!

And Melinda did do great! But let's not forget, she is from Nashville (Brentwood), TN and sang backup. I would imagine, because of where she is from, that meant in the country music industry.

04-18-07, 10:54 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Breezy Click to send private message to Breezy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Top 7 Rankings thread"
1. Melinda- perfectly sung, perfectly performed.

2. Jordin- Very good job on a hard song.

3. Phil- he does have a nice country voice. Who knew?

4. Blake- Not sure why he got the pimp spot. Not my favorite by him by a long shot.

5. Lakisha- ouch, quit shouting at me!

6. Chris R.- Nasal is not a good thing.

7. Sanjina- That was so painful. Gawd awful painful. I wasn't sure if I should cover my ears or my eyes... so I covered my eyes and hit the mute button.

samboohoo 17173 desperate attention whore postings

04-18-07, 11:11 AM (EST)
Click to EMail samboohoo Click to send private message to samboohoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Top 7 Rankings thread"
Once again, I agree with you.

I'm going to add that I thought Melinda looked stunning last night. Her hair was perfect, and she looked years younger. Years.

Clear eyes, full hearts, can't lose.

04-18-07, 11:19 AM (EST)
Click to EMail zazzy Click to send private message to zazzy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Top 7 Rankings thread"
Breezy, Blake has never had the pimp spot the entire season. Even Phil has had it back in the earlier rounds, so it was going to be blatant if Blake did not get it at some point. The rumor is that Jordin was supposed to get the pimp spot but the producers want her to sing "I will always love you"-- acapella-- on the Idol Extravaganza show next week and they will give her the pimp spot. That way they can pimp her to gain fan support right on schedule to promote her as the one to win the show...like Simon did last night.

04-18-07, 11:25 AM (EST)
9. "RE: Top 7 Rankings thread"
Zazzy, I know. But I'm one that believes the pimp spot should be reserved for who deserves it, not who hasn't had it yet.

Sorry, I have a hard time believing any of the spoilers you've posted. Not one of the song spoilers has right (thank gawd).

04-18-07, 02:58 PM (EST)
19. "RE: Top 7 Rankings thread"
LAST EDITED ON 04-18-07 AT 03:10 PM (EST)

Breezy...one spoiler was that Jordin would sing second-- and she did; another spoiler was that Blake would be given the pimp spot --and they did give it to him--so those two were correct. Also that the song Blake would sing was not the song on the song spoiler list--which was also true, lol, since the whole list for country night was a stinker.

As for the other spoilers, I have said right up front that I did not if they were true or not--just passing along, rumored, supposed, etc.. They are to be taken with a grain of salt.

If you go back to the only other spoiler list that I posted, which was for the Gwen Stefani songs night, I think 6 of the 10 were correct. So I am not sure how to take this statement from you:

"Sorry, I have a hard time believing any of the spoilers you've posted. Not one of the song spoilers has right (thank gawd). "

bullzeye 5030 desperate attention whore postings

04-18-07, 10:58 AM (EST)
Click to EMail bullzeye Click to send private message to bullzeye Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Top 7 Rankings thread"
Melinda. There are very few weeks that I wouldn't consider her by far and away, the best of the night. She is in a different league than the others.

Jordin. I really thought she hit a homer last night - and just keeps improving each week. Unlike others, I think she actually listens to her mentors, and her critics. Mature beyond her years.

Phil. No one is more shocked than I for ranking him so high. In fact, if it were not for my inherent bias, I might have placed him higher. The fact remains though, he had too many awful earlier performances to completely wipe the slate clean.

Lakisha. More bias here. For the girl with the voice, and against the rest of the cast. I recognize that for many, she is boring and predictable. I just can't get that voice out of my head.

Blake. So sad that he chose last night to come up with a mediocre performance. I really like Blake, but he better step it up. I am a bit worried about his safety, though given the next two, logic should dictate otherwise.

Sanjaya. The kid has moxy - I'll give him that much.

Chris. Haven't been a fan from the start - you solidified that last night. I think Haley was overshadowing you, and last night proved it.

A birthday present from Tribe

04-18-07, 11:23 AM (EST)
8. "RE: Top 7 Rankings thread"
Read on another board that Jordin has sung the song she sang last night in many other talent shows and she had toured as well. You can really tell the difference between someone singing a song they already know well and one they had to learn that week.

04-18-07, 11:50 AM (EST)
11. "RE: Top 7 Rankings thread"
Martina McBride told them they “have to believe what you’re singing.” I wish these people would have listened to her.
I appreciate that nobody wore cowboy hats or chaps.
If I were voting last night, I’d have voted for Phil.

1. Melinda “Trouble Is A Woman” - I’m impressed. Yes, I already knew she could sing. But there were like a lot of words to remember in that song. Personality all over the place. Nice. Real nice. LOVE that Simon asked her to lose the surprise when he complimented her. Mmhmm. Yep. I’ll be the first to eat my words if she does win. I won’t vote for her and I won’t buy anything she sells, but… yep.
2. Phil “Where The Blacktop Ends” - I thought this was really good. Great song choice. Looks good in the all black too. I underestimated him. I’ve always liked his voice but his looks and sometimes his delivery tend to lack. It should definitely save him. *rolls eyes at Simon* (I’d buy a Phil does country album. Yes, I would. If he does go that route, he might just be the only one I‘ll support post-Idol.)
3. Jordin “Broken Wing” - She looked gorgeous. That was great. Great. I’ve been hoping she could do something like this and earn the praise she gets. I’m still not a fan. She loses something with me. I don’t know where or what it is but it’s something important that I don‘t get.
(if I were ranking voice alone, I’d put her up top)
4. Chris “Mayberry” - the dude playing the violin sounded like somebody sat on a cat. And okay. That? Was karaoke. Still liked it. Didn’t love it. But the musicians and the background singers were not doing him any favors. He didn’t connect. I agree with that. He’s likable though. And hi. Dude from Rascall Flats totally sings through his nose.
oh and? Ew. Simon rolled his eyes when he gave the shout-out to VA Tech. Dude is from Virginia. Of course he’s going to have emotion there.
5. Blake “When The Stars Go Blue” - Tim MmmmcGraw. Hmmm. I didn’t really like this. There were a couple really wow good notes but they didn’t help his total disconnect from the song. Dead eyes tonight. “Right song”? huh? No. No, it wasn’t.
6. Lakisha “Jesus Take The Wheel” - Does she have a lisp or did she get her tongue pierced? Gold boots? Carrie Underwood? Yeah. No. I told DH she should have sung this like Lakisha instead of trying to sing it straight out. She definitely has a voice though. Just not for anything I’d listen to. Yep. I agreed with Randy too. "shouting" Judges were right on with this one.
7. Sanjaya “Something To Talk About” - oh the hair. Oh honey. *sigh* He’d have Simon sing “Shiny Happy People” to show his true personality. Heh. I like him. Say what you will. I don’t think this was the perfect song choice for him but I do get why he picked it (based on the title). Simon was too harsh, as usual. The kid CAN sing. It bugs me that people say he can’t.

Iconoclastic 151 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

04-18-07, 01:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Iconoclastic Click to send private message to Iconoclastic Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Top 7 Rankings thread"
"It hit me last night, this season is exactly like the first season. One extremely better then all the rest singer and one goofy dude with funky hair."

Four words: "From Sanjaya To Melinda"

1) Phil - Yeehaw! Git this boy a hat, a dinner plate sized belt buckle and a cousin to make out with. Bubba Fester found his niche.

2) Melinda - Predictably top tier. Bet she gets Daughtryed.

3) Jordin - She usually sings well but god I want to slap her.

4) Blake - Bet that's the last country song he ever even considers butchering.

5) Lakisha - She can really belt out the big note but that's all and last night proved it. Singing is more than hitting the big note like baseball is more than hitting the ball.

6) Chris - And that's why there aren't any boy bands in country.

7) Sanjaya - That was bad even by Sanjaya standards.

YankeeDixieDoodle 442 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

04-18-07, 02:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail YankeeDixieDoodle Click to send private message to YankeeDixieDoodle Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Top 7 Rankings thread"
I was actually relieved by Sanyaja's song choice. I was afraid he'd try to "wow" his grade-schoolgirl fan-base with some sappy love song that everyone else would be puking along to. It was his best song choice, and performace, all season. He finally sang like a male. The hair, though, is still too female. Especially with that Pepto-pink headscarf. The gelled back mullet I was halfway expecting would've been better.

04-18-07, 02:39 PM (EST)
16. "RE: Top 7 Rankings thread"
He finally sang like a male.

Disagree. He sang a Bonnie Raitt (female) song and not very well. If I could hear pitch problems then I can't imagine what it sounded like for a pro.

geekboy 1788 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

04-18-07, 03:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail geekboy Click to send private message to geekboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Top 7 Rankings thread"
One other thing.

How did this song make it past the screeners as a country song?

Bonnie Raitt is NOT a country singer. She's a blues singer. Its not country.

geekboy

I love puppies! S. Cowell

04-18-07, 06:23 PM (EST)
26. "RE: Top 7 Rankings thread"
Good catch, Geekboy. That should go on the pimp spot thread.

geekboy 1788 desperate attention whore postings

04-18-07, 03:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail geekboy Click to send private message to geekboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: Top 7 Rankings thread"
Here we go. I really liked this week myself.

(1) Melinda. Damn, that girl can SANG! I'm glad she stepped away from the Broadway/Ballad/Torch Song style again. She needs to do that more in the coming weeks or people will get bored.
(2) Jordin. Not my choice to put her here, since she's not my favorite, but a stellar performance this week.
(3) Phil. Wow. Color me shocked. I was sure he was going this week, and now i'm quite certain he's safe.
(4) Lakisha. I liked it. I really liked it.
(5) Blake. You've done better. I could tell you were quite uncmfortable this week. I think you should have picked a more up-tempo song that could be switched up more.
(6) Chris. Oh my. That was BAD karaoke. Oh my.
(7) Sanjaya. Not your worst, but i was hoping for more of what we saw last week. Now you are back to POOR song selection, and that effects your performance. Your biggest obstacle is picking songs, its not your voice.

geekboy

I love puppies! S. Cowell

cahaya 19891 desperate attention whore postings

04-18-07, 03:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cahaya Click to send private message to cahaya Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: Top 7 Rankings thread"
Again, almost all from the EC thread, and it's pretty easy to order them.

In summary, Phil is resurrected as the top guy, Blake and Chris stumble, and Lakisha is probably losing fans to those who'd vote for Melinda or Jordin instead. Sanjaya's got to go.

-- In a tier her own --

1. Melinda: Just one more example of why she is my favorite for this season, maybe all-time. And she looked a little sassy! Enjoyed it.

-- Wishful contenders --

2. Phil: Definitely Phil's best performance, very lively, full of energy, good vocals and just plain excitement wrapped into a song. Well done.

3. Jordin: She put a lot more emotion into this song than she has in the last few weeks. It felt true to country yet with her voice. Thumbs-up.

4. Lakisha: She sang well with a clear voice, actually quite easy on the ears, but country's not for her. Earnest and capable of a near-stellar performance, she's looking a little scared of the judges.

-- On the way out --

5. Blake: Not country, but still an okay-good performance. Maybe the right song pick, but I just didn't like the overall style of the performance. Pass forward to next week.

6. Chris: I wouldn't have guessed country theme night - he just doesn't have the tone for it. A rather lackluster performance (Phil was way more energized). Thumbs-down.

-- No question --

7. Sanjaya: The red bandana! He didn't pull it off. Not even close. Out next.

-- Lots of questions --

Simon says...

curveball 225 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

04-18-07, 04:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail curveball Click to send private message to curveball Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: Top 7 Rankings thread"
last night (for me):

Melinda
Blake
Jordin
Phil
Chris
Lakisha
Sanjaya

bottom 3: Lakisha, Chris, Phil
bottom 2: Chris, Phil
Goodbye: Chris

agman 11166 desperate attention whore postings

04-18-07, 06:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail agman Click to send private message to agman Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: Top 7 Rankings thread"
1. Melinda-Excellent performance as usual
2. Jordin- I loved the way she sang this song. She seems to be getting better all the time
3. Phil-I honestly think this is the best he has been all season.
4. Tie lakisha and Blake-Neither one overpowering but better than the last two on my list

Big Drop
5. Sanjaya-With the hair and the silly performance I was ready to vote him last until......
6......I heard Chris....That was just painful, plain and simple!
I know I have been critical of Sanjaya, but Chris, not Sanjaya deserves to go home tonight!

irememberdunkleman 23 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

04-18-07, 06:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail irememberdunkleman Click to send private message to irememberdunkleman Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "RE: Top 7 Rankings AM I THE ONLY ONE WHO LIKED CHRIS?"
1)Melinda
2) Jordin
3) Blake
(These three are practically tied for me)

4) Phil
5) Chris
6) Lakisha
7) Sanjaya

http://irememberdunkleman.blogspot.com/2007/04/top-seven-perform-and-planets-realign.html

tamarama 1785 desperate attention whore postings

04-18-07, 07:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tamarama Click to send private message to tamarama Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "RE: Top 7 Rankings thread"
Missed last night -- just crammed in the performance episode now...

Gotta say, after reading all of the Sanjaya bashing today, his performance wasn't nearly as bad as I expected.

The key was the biggest problem - I would have raised it - where was JLo to give him that advice? Martina dropped the ball on that one. But - as she said, he's singing out alot more, his confidence in performance is soaring.

Some of his perceived pitch problems were just because that was at the bottom of his range...but it wasn't really horribly off like some have been (and like he has been before). I think the judges are just trying another new tactic - since not giving a critique didn't work, let's bash the carp out of him.

My rankings (not that they matter anymore):

1. Melinda - Duh. And thank you for showing some neck & shoulder. Love the longer hair too.
2. Blake - uber versatile. I like it when he sings softly.
3. Jordin - very nice, but I wasn't as excited as some.
4. Phil - this sounded good. Still don't like him much
5. Sanjaya - see above
6. Lakisha. Do NOT sing a former idol's hit. Oh - and Yawn. BAD breathing - WHT? And Kermit-y covered spots, and big-time over-singing. Yeesh.
7. Chris. THAT was more off pitch than Sanjaya. Nasally is NOT a form of singing you twit, it is an unpleasant problem. And he moves like he has a pole up his arse. He sucks. And he came off like a jerk.

Oh - and I hate country music. Why doesn't anyone ever do Old-Timey or Bluegrass on these nights? Why no Alison Kraus, Gillian Welch, Ricky Skaggs?

iltarion 1791 desperate attention whore postings

04-18-07, 08:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail iltarion Click to send private message to iltarion Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
29. "RE: Top 7 Rankings thread"
Decent week. Better than Latin Night, worse than the British Invasion. Simon was right on the money all show, and all the criticism over a one second facial expression is ridiculous. I'm sure the guy feels as bad about the tragedy at VT as anyone does.

1. Melinda - Clearly tops this week. She performed and sang like a star, and it was country all the way.
2. Phil - 2nd only to Melinda. This IS his genre. Excellent.
3. Jordan - Sang the heck out of it, though she seemed to stray away from country at times. Great vocal though.
4. Lakisha - Seemed more country than Jordan thru the beginning and also a great vocal. Just below Jordan due to going diva the 2nd half of the song.
5. Blake - My favorite performer, but this is clearly not his element and it showed.
6. Chris - Sang the same as he did all season, and the pitch doesn't fit country at all. Pretty terrible. Martina McBride said he could sing country though, and who the hell am I to argue?
7. Sanjaya - Horrendous. I absolutely love that song, and I've heard it a thousand times. It was actually perfectly in pitch. The problem was that the song takes personality to sing and Sanjaya sang once again like he was walking among the tulips. Completely BLAND, like Randy said. Also, he changed the rhythm of the chorus, and it didn't work for me at all.
Could it finally be time for Sanjaya to go? I hope so.

agman 11166 desperate attention whore postings

04-18-07, 08:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail agman Click to send private message to agman Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
30. "RE: Top 7 Rankings thread"

>Could it finally be time for
>Sanjaya to go? I hope
>so.
One can only cross their fingers and hope!!!!!!

A snidget original

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •