LAST EDITED ON 01-06-04 AT 02:02 PM (EST)
Welcome Molerons, hope you have all jumped on your FOMO boats and are ready to set sail, are ready to find clues hidden throughout, and are ready to figure out the "boatman" clue for this season b/c here comes:
Celebrity Mole Yucatan, Anti-Executee contest.
The goal is to score as many “points” as you can each week by picking who is NOT going to be executed that week, with the season ending Champion being the one that has never picked someone to be executed or has built up the most points.
Last year’s champion was WHaTTHeMoLe!!
1) You can pick as many, or as few, people you want each week (minimum of 1). How many you decide to name each week is a function of your daring and strategy. Please remember that you are picking the people that will NOT be executed.
2) For each person you list that does NOT get executed, you gain one point.
3) If you put down someone's name that gets executed, you lose 8 points. You however are not eliminated from the game b/c the mole is dang hard to spoil.
4) You can also pick up 5 points for coming within $10,000 of how much the players win for the upcoming show. If you are within $20,000 you get 2points. If you are not within $10,000 or $20,000 though, you lose 2 points. Your choice if you want to risk it. You don't have to try this,it is optional, but it can help with the standings. "No money earned" is a possible pick. Money this year will be calculated as net money after all penalties and wins. The amount will never go below zero though. If the net for the show is -$3,000, for us it will count as a zero. If they win 5,000 in a game and then get penalized 1,000, the net for the show will be $4,000.
5) You can enter the game anytime you want up until episode 3. After episode 3 airs, the game is closed to new people. It is only a 7 week show.
6) Everyone starts at 0 points when they enter.
7) If you don’t make a new weekly pick, it will stay the same as the prior week.
8) All picks must be made by Wednesday night 10p.m. est. Any late picks or picks not made will use the previous week's picks as the current week's pick.
What it boils down to is that you control how risky a game you want to play. You can pick a big number of players each week and try to rack up a lot of points, but the more you select, the greater the chance you earn that penalty for picking the executed person. Conversely, you can play it safe and select a small number of players, but you will fall behind in the standings. I think this flexibility adds a lot of strategy and excitement to our little game, and should keep things interesting.
This season’s cast:
Ananda Lewis--former V.J. and talk-show host
Mark Curry--comedian, starred in: "Hangin' with Mr. Cooper"
Stephen Baldwin--annoying guy from last season and was also in: "Usual Suspects," "One Good Cop"
Corbin Bernsen--also on last season. also starred in: "L.A. Law," "Major League"
Tracey Gold--hasn't been heard from since starring in: "Growing Pains" or some Lifetime movie
Keisha Knight Pulliam--also hasn't been heard from since starring as Rudy in: "The Cosby Show"
supermodel Angie Everhart--'nuff said
Dennis Rodman--bad boy, cross dressing, ex-NBA star who played for the Pistons and the Bulls
edited to add stuff that was posted in my message below