... and DH just called that he's running late. Too bad for him because I could not wait.
OMG, this was really good. Very easy to make and nice and tart and lemony and it looked beautiful both in the pan and served over a bed of rice. I took photos and will try to add them later. I actually thought mine looked even better than the photo SG "borrowed". Most lemon chicken recipes I have encountered are a bit insipid, but not this one.
I made the following changes:
• made it with enough chicken to serve six (started with three whole breasts) but the full amount of sauce
• added a bit of garlic to the marinade
• doubled all the spices except the salt
• used 1/2 tsp of salt, but felt it could have used a bit more. I actually added a bit from the shaker after my first taste, which I rarely feel the need to do.
• opted for whole wheat flour
• skipped the sugar. I thought about adding just a bit to balance the lemon, but I was afraid of having too much sweetness, so I left it out entirely. It was rather tart, but that is what both I and Mr. Karchita prefer.
• it was done after 30 minutes
Thanks, Silvergirl. This one's a keeper!