The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Sarah and Sean Argue"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

GTmike 1255 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

02-27-02, 02:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail GTmike Click to send private message to GTmike Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Sarah and Sean Argue"
Hey y'all. I'm a lurker since S3 and first time poster. I love these boards. Anyway, I found this article from another board that says at the end something about Sarah and Sean arguing with each other. The site of the article is: <http://sunspot.net/features/lifestyle/bal-to.survivor27feb27.story?coll=bal%2Dartslife%2Dtoday>

I found out about it from dgr81 from another board. The article is copied below.

CBS bets 'Survivor' can still light some fires
Preview: In returning to a tropical island, producer goes for the burn.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
By David Zurawik
Sun Television Critic
Originally published February 27, 2002

CBS is spinning overtime these days trying to convince anyone who will listen that Survivor isn't in decline.

But facts speak louder than words, and the fact that they are going back to the original South Pacific island castaway formula after less-than-sensational trips to Australia and Africa indicates that CBS thinks the series has gone off-course. There also are the facts from A.C. Nielsen that clearly told CBS there wasn't enough happening in Survivor last fall to persuade viewers to abandon NBC's Friends.

And, so, what we get tomorrow night mostly is a repeat of the original Survivor. A few miles off-shore from the island of Nuku Hiva, a neighbor of Tahiti, 16 Americans are sent overboard with two life rafts and supplies. The main difference: Unlike the original group, this cast of 16 gets no food or fire from producer Mark Burnett.

Ooooooh, scary, hey?

Not really. It turns out that withholding food and fire isn't such a big deal. Both tribes, the Rotu (Rain) and Maraamu (Wind) do just fine. Both are fed and warm by their second day, without seeming all that concerned about it the first night.

In fact, in true Survivor fashion, two young bodies were mainly preoccupied with seeking each other out after their first day on the beach. For those who care, it doesn't appear they had sex - not yet, anyway. But if Burnett really wants to shake up the formula and truly challenge some of these I'm-too-"hot"-for-my-clothes contestants, he should deny them the possibility of sex - not food, fire or water.

Just a thought.

For the record, Burnett says the extra challenges made for "a meritocracy ... with them pulling together to build a new society." He made those remarks in a telephone press conference this week to promote the show. I wish he'd give this "new society" hooey a rest, and speak the truth: He upped the ante, hoping to get them at each others' throats faster.

They do start trashing each other quickly tomorrow night. The Maraamu tribe hasn't even reached land yet, and Sean, a 30-year-old teacher from Harlem, is complaining about Sarah, a 24-year-old accounts manager, not pulling her weight with a paddle. He compares her to Cleopatra, and that's the nice part of what he has to say.

A new society? I think not. What we have is a show desperately trying to relocate its own fire.

----GTmike

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Sarah and Sean Argue SurvivinDawg 02-27-02 1

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

SurvivinDawg 6816 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

02-27-02, 03:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivinDawg Click to send private message to SurvivinDawg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Sarah and Sean Argue"
LAST EDITED ON 02-27-02 AT 03:11 PM (EST)

If "GT" means "Georgia Tech" (and I suspect it does, with the use of the "y'all"), then y'all had better check this first-time poster's resume.

Sorry, couldn't resist.

*** Contradictions don't exist. If you are faced with a contradiction, check your premises. You will find that one of them is wrong. -- Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •