The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Peter disgusts his tribe - NYPost article"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

diamond 2307 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

02-27-02, 01:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail diamond Click to send private message to diamond Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Peter disgusts his tribe - NYPost article"
The New York Post claims to have viewed a preview tape provided by CBS that shows the first episode without the IC or TC.

Notable is the following passage:

Later, another castaway - the 45-year-old owner of a Massachusetts bowling alley - disgusts his fellow tribe members by describing how yoga helped him to better appreciate the system by which his body processes and eliminates solid and liquid waste.

This would seem to be good support for Peter's boot.

http://www.nypost.com/entertainment/42448.htm

THIS IS SICK STUFF

By ADAM BUCKMAN

February 27, 2002 -- BARELY a minute goes by in tomorrow night's opening episode of the new "Survivor" before a castaway is seen vomiting into a bucket.

Later, another castaway - the 45-year-old owner of a Massachusetts bowling alley - disgusts his fellow tribe members by describing how yoga helped him to better appreciate the system by which his body processes and eliminates solid and liquid waste.

Sound familiar? We've seen the vomiting and heard the scatalogical conversations before. The question is: Will we stick around to see and hear them again as the fourth edition of "Survivor" gets underway tomorrow night at 8 on Ch. 2?

A preview tape provided by CBS of most of Episode One (minus the final immunity challenge and tribal-council vote) reveals that "Survivor: Marquesas" - taking place on the Marquesan island of Nuku Hiva - starts out pretty much like the rest of them.

The castaways are first seen below decks in a boat on rough seas (hence the vomiting) and then they're shown jumping overboard with crates of supplies into rubber rafts.

Before long, they're crawling wearily onto a tropical beach.

This time, the producers are trying to up the ante with a new gimmick: None of those crates contain any food - not even a supply of rice - so the castaways will have to feed themselves.

It's not long, however, before you realize that their island is an abundant paradise brimming with fruit, coconuts and chickens (if they can catch them). It remains to be seen just how challenging the quest for food will become in such an environment.

As usual, the castaways tend to get up-close-and-personal pretty fast on "Survivor" (hence the yoga discussion) and the situation is no different this time around, with various flirtations, alliances and animosities already forming in under an hour.

Viewers will form their own opinions about many of the castaways showcased in Episode 1, but, as always, first impressions on this show can be deceiving - including the impression that "Survivor" itself is beginning to seem old hat.

My advice on "Survivor: Marquesas" is to wait and see. And while you're doing that, enjoy the pictures. There are worse things you can do than watch a TV show situated on a beautiful island in the South Pacific.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Peter disgusts his tribe - NYPo... tylermathers 02-27-02 1
   RE: Peter disgusts his tribe - NYPo... GuessItRains 02-27-02 2
   RE: Peter disgusts his tribe - NYPo... SurvivorBlows 02-27-02 3
 RE: Peter disgusts his tribe - NYPo... George Tirebiter 02-27-02 4
 Peter vs Tricia s_man 02-27-02 5
   RE: Peter vs Tricia Kokoro 02-27-02 6
   Ahem. . . George Tirebiter 02-27-02 7
       RE: Ahem. . . landruajm 02-28-02 8
           RE: Ahem. . . samiam 02-28-02 9

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

tylermathers 19 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

02-27-02, 02:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tylermathers Click to send private message to tylermathers Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Peter disgusts his tribe - NYPost article"
Yikes... sounds like possible MB misdirection.

Question to all the diehards out there: In the first 45 minutes of S1, S2, and S3, were the eventual bootees shown at least once in a negative light -- or did their votes come out of nowhere?

I was really sure it'd be Peter till I read this... nice find, Diamond.

And by the way, this website is the most addictive thing EVER... I'm predominantly a lurker, but oh, the lurking I do. I've missed you guys in the last 5-6 weeks.

Tyler

GuessItRains 700 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

02-27-02, 02:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail GuessItRains Click to send private message to GuessItRains Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Peter disgusts his tribe - NYPost article"
Don't know about S1, but Debb and Diane were definitely portrayed in a negative light throughout E1, beginning on the way to camp when Debb got really bossy and Diane led with the map but didn't know where she was going. If Peter is shown ticking off his tribe this early, I think it's yet another sign he's going. As has been mentioned before, MB tends to be pretty upfront with E1, leaving his misdirection for later.

SurvivorBlows 15230 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

02-27-02, 02:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivorBlows Click to send private message to SurvivorBlows Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Peter disgusts his tribe - NYPost article"
LAST EDITED ON 02-27-02 AT 02:23 PM (EST)

>Question to all the diehards out there: In the first 45
>minutes of S1, S2, and S3, were the eventual bootees
>shown at least once in a negative light

Yes, yes, and yes.

- Sonja was shown falling, needing Sean's help for a skinned knee, etc.

- Debb was shown clearly not fitting in and being uncomfortable with Kimmi's sexual conversation topics

- Diane was shown grabbing control of the map and then practically collapsing after the challenge.

>or did their votes come out of nowhere?

I'd say after the first 30 minutes, it was pretty clear that all the above three were either the most likely or among the top 2-3 most likely to be voted off first. Burnett typically doesn't make a big deal about misdirection for who will be the first bootee. It's worth noting though that based on the first few minutes Dicque was also up there with Sonja as a "top 2-3 most likely bootee" -- and look where he finished!

-SB

George Tirebiter 2982 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

02-27-02, 02:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail George%20Tirebiter Click to send private message to George%20Tirebiter Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Peter disgusts his tribe - NYPost article"
Oh, my! This brings back horrible memories of a similar flake who subjected me to tales of how she could "flex her muscles" in the bathtub to essentially give herself an enema. . . sometimes yogs freaks can be quite off-putting!

I agree, we have a history of seeing the first-episode bootee clearly defined--it's a good way to get the viewers hooked, I suspect. And since the tribes don't always have a whole lot to base their choice on after only a couple days together, I would think this kind of thing would help simplify the choice. . .

GT

s_man 579 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

02-27-02, 02:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail s_man Click to send private message to s_man Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "Peter vs Tricia"
For first boot, we have several candidates, and I didn't think this deserved its own thresd.

There is a post (as yet unproven, but still) at S-Central here:

http://www.survivor-central.com/dcforum/DCForumID13/37.html

where Patricia is asked about her invlovement, she states that "Yes, I'm on it, yes, its real, yes, I ate disgusting things and worked my butt off, and no, I won't tell you who wins because I don't want CBS to sue me and take my horses."

The poster was a very newbie, and no link to the supposed bulletinboard was provided, but seems that she at least makes it to the "gross food challenge" which just feeds the speculation that Peter may go first.

Just food for thought and fuel for the fire.

Kokoro 3899 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

02-27-02, 02:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Kokoro Click to send private message to Kokoro Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Peter vs Tricia"
<<I won't tell you who wins because I don't want CBS to sue me and take my horses>>

Hrm....it's reaching but Pat possibly knows who won (Jury member?) in addition to making the gross food challenge (usually ep 2 but Tahiti Presse says there were 8 people left....and yes I know they aren't really very accurate)?

(assuming this is actually a statement from Pat from a real message board of course ;)

----------------------------------------
Now let us never speak of S3 again.

George Tirebiter 2982 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

02-27-02, 03:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail George%20Tirebiter Click to send private message to George%20Tirebiter Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "Ahem. . ."
This person goes on to state in a subequent post:

I didn't include the link because there really isn't any reason. It's just a very active equestrian bb where typically no survivor talk is allowed because it's not "on topic". but with Patricia's interest in horses, someone asked exactly what she does, a couple people mentioned her interests and one lady then posted that she met her at either a meeting or race (can't remember which) and posted what I quoted. I'm not a big fan of spoilers (would rather just watch the show), but have admit I grinned when I read it as it did give a clue as to how long she lasted. I'm surprised the moderators of the forum haven't closed the thread already, but figure they will soon (nothing else has been posted to it though).

Correct me if I'm wrong, but that sounds like some pretty lame excuse-making. . . "there really isn't any reason" to post a link to a harmless discussion forum? "The thread's probably been deleted already anyway?" This is just the kind of "spoiler" that's bound to bring on some Size 42 Clown-style arse-kicking around here. . .

Am I wrong to be skeptical?

GT

landruajm 6040 desperate attention whore postings

02-28-02, 09:47 AM (EST)
Click to EMail landruajm Click to send private message to landruajm Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Ahem. . ."
>Am I wrong to be skeptical?

Absolutely. We expect you to be tame and perky, and to accept everything you are told at face value. Please alter your worldview immediately.

So much more than a sentient computer.

samiam 5976 desperate attention whore postings

02-28-02, 12:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail samiam Click to send private message to samiam Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Ahem. . ."
Bringing to mind a quote..."What luck for the rulers that men do not think." -- Adolf Hitler

some people wear their heart upon their sleeve...i wear mine underneath my right pant leg strapped to my boot -- ani difranco

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •