The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Analysis of additional photos from EW.com"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

SurvivorBlows 15230 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

02-24-02, 03:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivorBlows Click to send private message to SurvivorBlows Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Analysis of additional photos from EW.com"
Well, I'm not sure when it was that Entertainment Weekly was on the island (pre-TC1? post-TC1? post-TC2?) but it looks like they have a few photos that (at least I) haven't seen elsewhere. After reviewing them all I'm inclined to think this is from Day 1 -- they seem to be working on the campsite.

Probably the only help they might provide us is to possibly help IDENTIFY CLOTHING (I noticed some new clothing I hadn't seen before) but I also observed the following for each player:

http://www.ew.com/ew/report/0,6115,199582~3~~meetcastofsurvivor,00.html

- Gina's photo also seems to show her "sitting down and weaving palms" like the legendary Patricia photo, so maybe the "lazy" image isn't as great as some have previously expressed

- In case it means anything, Hunter is showing wearing his buff (and possibly cutting palm branches)

- Patricia seems to be shown doing some more weaving

- Peter's image seems to be a "stock" image of him in his blue shirt -- possibly a bit suspcious if you ask me

- Rob also seems to be cutting palms or carrying them

- Sarah has a number of very obvious bites -- it's hard to believe this photo was not taken after at least 1-2 days on the island

- Sean looks to be staring at something in a very confused manner, not much more I can draw from the image

- Vecepia also seems to be "weaving the palms"

- Gabriel has a knife... and he's not afraid to use it (this guy seems to be holding a knife in one too many photos for my comfort level.)

- John's looking at something in the distance, zero clues here, not even a clothing reference that we can use

- Robert has a heavy navy colored dress shirt on his chest and a perplexed look on his face

- Neleh is the pink top with the bare midriff thing going on

- Paschal and Peter seem to both have the same blue Reebok sirt

- Tammy doesn't look happy

- Kathy really seems to like that headband look

- Zoe looks like she's taken charge at the moment

-SB

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Analysis of additional photos f... George Tirebiter 02-25-02 1
   RE: Analysis of additional photos f... Rebel Crown 02-26-02 3
 The Stereotypical Survivor roles PepeLePew13 02-25-02 2

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

George Tirebiter 2982 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

02-25-02, 10:46 AM (EST)
Click to EMail George%20Tirebiter Click to send private message to George%20Tirebiter Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Analysis of additional photos from EW.com"
These seem to be fairly early, as there's a definite lack of facial hair growth and all the clothing looks fairly clean/new.

Gina--biology/science teacher with degrees in ecology & conservation--but does that really mean much, as far as surviving in the tropics? Gainesville/N. FL is hardly comparable. . .

Hunter--1st in class in naval flight school, so has a fair degree of determination, I would guess. LOVES SUSHI--a shoo-in for the rotten fish challenge?

Peter--has lived in the same house all his life? And this prepares him for roughing it. . . how?

Rob--once "ran" Boston Marathon in 6h20--including a lengthy break for burgers and beers with friends--he walked the final 13 miles, then couldn't walk for 3 days afterward. . . Somehow, I don't get the feeling he is as fit as he'd like to think--probably one of those guys on the jobsite who's always on a break, harassing passing women? Probably a certified hole-looker (you know--those guys who lean on their shovels all day?)

Sarah--kudos for even noticing the bites--why do I get the feeling the restaurant she waits tables at is HOOTERS?

Sean--He DOES always seem to look out of his element, doesn't he? Yes, he's buff--but will that be enough?

Vee--a fan of Survivor--how many admit to this? and will it be a benefit or a hindrance to her, given MB's determination to keep the show unpredictable?

John--scholarship for track & field, lettered in tennis, AS in nursing, BS in criminal justice (?!), served in Air Force--he certainly does seem 3-dimensional, doesn't he? Funniest comment in the whole EW article: Liturgical clown + massage oils = very scary Indeed!

Robert--On top of everything else, we have to worry about him "going postal?" Egad.

Paschal--I thought Colby's Texas rain fly was the end of potentially-useful luxury items--wonder if Paschal's flag is going to be one of those that you stick onto your car. . . Also, he shows MUCH less hair growth than other pix I've seen.

Tammy--engaged for FOUR years?! Does this fear of commitment tell us anything about her chances for being in the game for the long haul?

Kathy--Maybe it's her Axl Rose style of wearing her buff, but she looks like she could take a biker in a bar brawl. . .

Zoe--"Lobster Lady," certified SCUBA diver (useful!), Coast Guard certification--looks ideal for this location, and is bound to be important as far as obtaining food for her tribe. My GUT tells me she's likely to go very far.

GT

(who hopes IceCat is about done with the new artwork--and the revamp will mean an end to these damned CHECKS, so I can use a newer browser without having the background load in front of everything else. . . maybe something in a nice, plain, tropical blue? pretty pleeeeeze?)

Rebel Crown 1413 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

02-26-02, 01:00 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Rebel%20Crown Click to send private message to Rebel%20Crown Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Analysis of additional photos from EW.com"
LAST EDITED ON 02-26-02 AT 02:28 AM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 02-26-02 AT 01:03 AM (EST)

<<wonder if Paschal's flag is going to be one of those that you stick onto your car>>

I found this pic on page 3.

http://community.realitytvworld.com/boards/User_files/3c7b24e072678d95.html

Edited to add : This evening on CBS in Detroit, 7 cast members were highlighted in commercials. I hope someone has pics of them; maybe something in them? They were Gina, Hunter, Sara, Vecepia, Zoe, Robert, and Rob. I found it odd it was only 7, and in rapid succession within a 20 minute window. Just wanted to add my 2 cents.

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

02-25-02, 10:54 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "The Stereotypical Survivor roles"
I'm struck at how many people seems to fit certain stereotypical roles in this game already and it might be possible to figure out where certain characters might finish in this game.

We've got Gabe who has the Ethan soccer and nimble-on-his-feet thing and the psycho-Michael thing with his constant knife-wielding. He sounds like someone who might do better than Ethan in the ICs but then again this, along with his psycho possibilities, may paint him as a large target to get booted around the merge.

We've got Neleh and her sweets-craving and midriff-baring act plus her apparent mentality copying Colleen, Amber and KimP -- she'll finish in sixth place.

We've got the father figure role filled by Hizzoner Paschal.

Brandon and Jeff V. have their shoes well-filled by John.

Can't tell what's the difference between Jerri and Tammy so far. She'll go far enough to annoy half of America and then get booted long before the end.

Kathy seems to be one of the two mother figure type -- the Tina, Teresa type or the psychoLinda & Diane type -- which one will she be? The former lasts long, the latter gets booted early.

There's more... but your post really helps narrow down some specific roles some more, Webby. I think we get the idea by now...

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •