The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"eliiipsis...has spoken"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

tribephyl 12393 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

02-22-02, 01:41 AM (EST)
Click to EMail tribephyl Click to send private message to tribephyl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"eliiipsis...has spoken"
I just found this copy and pasted....Whaddyall' think?

Subject: LATEST NEWS UPDATE: Survivor Marquesas
Date: 2/21/02 5:05 PM Eastern Standard Time
Message-id: <4472834a.0202211405.bd55d05@posting.google.com>

RANCID FISH CAUSES PENALTY LOSS OF REWARD ITEMS:

During a reward challenge estimated to be aired on
Episode 4, the survivors from each camp (Rotu / Maraamu)
are faced with the daunting task of eating "Survivor-Style
Sushi" -- a mixture of small, unprepared fish soaked
30 days in briny water and seaweed. The team with the
most fish completely eaten wins the reward.

A first for the show, 3 tribe members from Rotu
refused to eat the rancid delicacy, resulting
not only in the loss of this weeks reward challenge
to Maraamu, but also a loss of the previous reward
items (cutting tools/magnifying glass) they won
during Episode 3.

SINK, SWIM OR FLOAT?

According to various rumors, during the opening
sequence all castaways must swim to shore to reach
their new island homes. The fact is that each team will
receive life rafts (which they must inflate themselves)
and then pack their personal belongings onto the
rafts -- all within 10 minutes (remember the first
Survivor?). The term "Back to the Beach" lives up
to it's moniker.

Without oars, they must paddle to shore as a team.
The first team to reach shore will receive a special
reward for their troubles, which will be the encampment
of their choosing.

EPISODE 2: "MAMMA NACHOS"

The title explains quite a bit. Considering that
Doritos is a major sponsor of the Survivor franchise,
we can expect to see food items as this weeks reward.

The only question remaining is -- which female
survivor earns the honored title of "Mamma Nacho"
from her tribe?

First things first...we have all heard of a possible "sea water soaked fish" gross food challenge before so the only weird part would be to have it at IC4 instead of IC2.* And also how weird that just because 3 people "refused" to eat the fish, the team lose the IC and get penalized by taking away previously won items*. They should just lose that IC, not also lose valuable food collecting items.

Secondly, if it is indeed a blow up raft then that fits with the sunglass reflection photo of Maraamu arriving on the beach but then again they have oars in the picture.I do like the idea of having the teams actually challenge each other for the prime campsite, but, doesn't that imply that the other team will be given the crappy camp and a disadvantage. The Campsites should be pretty close in habitability to each other. Unless it's better just because it's closer.

Thirdly, I heard it was "Nacho Mama" not "mama nacho" but, typo or inside joke aside, I believe that this could, I stress could, be the name of the episode because of some womans love for nachos. But if I remember correctly: Dorito's has been replaced with Snickers as the new Survivor approved snack. Also, no Mountain Dew...We now get Sierra Mist...Yeah! It's that cold! Move over Nacho Mama Make way for Snickergirl!?

Lastly,Does anyone remember the time of eliiipsis' virtual shot for shot spoiling talents*. What has happened? But then again, I didn't do to well on S3 so I could just be lashin' out.

*(I hope this isn't one of the rule changes)

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 Nacho Mama Outfrontgirl 02-22-02 1
   RE: Nacho Mama tribephyl 02-22-02 6
 RE: eliiipsis...has spoken Swami 02-22-02 2
   RE: eliiipsis...has spoken tribephyl 02-22-02 4
 Doritos isn't a sponsor this season... SurvivorBlows 02-22-02 3
   Campsite crapshoot... Outfrontgirl 02-22-02 7
       RE: Campsite crapshoot... Swami 02-22-02 8
 RE: eliiipsis...has spoken TheWanderer 02-22-02 5
   RE: eliiipsis...has spoken Swami 02-22-02 9
       RE: eliiipsis...has spoken SurvivorBlows 02-22-02 10
 Another Fabrication... Krautboy 02-22-02 11

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Outfrontgirl 6830 desperate attention whore postings

02-22-02, 05:26 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Outfrontgirl Click to send private message to Outfrontgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "Nacho Mama"
Dunno about the rest of the spoiler (but thank you!)--but Nacho Mama is the Ep 2 title per TV Guide (see the website).

My first thought was: "Not Yo Mama."
Try saying it aloud and it's pretty obvious.

As in, I'm Not Yo Mama and I sure as hell didn't come here to babysit you people who thought it was gonna be a camping trip with friends or a Club Med vacation?

Shades of Samburu past?

Possible candidates that come to my mind who might fit the dialect and the attitude for making such a comment: Vee, Patricia, even Robert (Yo! I'm the General, not yo mama)

btw, the possible spoiler says it's an RC, not an IC, although traditionally it's always been IC. Maybe there are two gross food challenges in different episodes.

02-22-02, 01:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tribephyl Click to send private message to tribephyl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Nacho Mama"
>Dunno about the rest of the
>spoiler (but thank you!)--but Nacho
>Mama is the Ep 2
>title per TV Guide (see
>the website).

This is what I pointed out too...

>My first thought was: "Not Yo
>Mama."
>Try saying it aloud and it's
>pretty obvious.

I agree, this is pretty obvious. I guess it comes down to which is likelier to happen.?

Scenario 1:Woman heard or seen talking about or enjoying nachos.
But without Dorito's are they gonna get nachos?
Scenario 2: Woman (or Man) heard saying "Not yo' Mama!" to Gen-X type camping virgin.
The possibilities are endless(almost).

OFG I agree, with you

>btw, the possible spoiler says it's
>an RC, not an IC,
>although traditionally it's always been
>IC. Maybe there are
>two gross food challenges in
>different episodes.

Thank you for pointing this one out. It could be an RC, that is true, but the likelyhood of 2 gross food challenges is...well, unlikely. Unless it turns out to be the EP. where they recycle lil' bits of the previous Challenges into one Big challenge. But to happen so early in the game seems...again...unlikely.

Hopefully MB doesn't pull a "Mommie Dearest" and makes the survivors stay until they have finished their raw meat.

Swami 5885 desperate attention whore postings

02-22-02, 10:22 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Swami Click to send private message to Swami Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: eliiipsis...has spoken"
how weird that just because 3 people "refused" to eat the fish, the team lose the IC and get penalized by taking away previously won items

If this is, as you speculate, one of the new rule changes rumored for the show--then it's a bad one, imo. The premise of Survivor is that people 'battle' the environmental conditions they are in with the possibility of helpful rewards from Jeff & Co. Punitive, retroactive punishments seem like too much direct impact on the show from the producers. I have trouble believing this.

Swami

02-22-02, 01:22 PM (EST)
4. "RE: eliiipsis...has spoken"

>>If this is, as you speculate,
>one of the new rule
>changes rumored for the show--then
>it's a bad one, imo.

I could not agree with you more, Swami. I am not saying(or even hoping) that this is indeed a rule change. I just couldn't think of any other reason why they would take away items AND immunity. Sounds like eliiipsis has taken it a step too far.

Or Gawd forbid the producers.

SurvivorBlows 15230 desperate attention whore postings

02-22-02, 11:26 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivorBlows Click to send private message to SurvivorBlows Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "Doritos isn't a sponsor this season..."
LAST EDITED ON 02-22-02 AT 12:14 PM (EST)

As I posted a few days ago in another topic where I analyzed all the sponsors, Doritos is OUT this season -- replaced in the food category by Snickers.

...a simple glance at the bottom of a Survivor 4 promotion ad is all that would had to have been done figure that out.

Given that fact, it doesn't bode well for the research effort that was done to verify any of the other claims (although frankly, a number of them are nothing more than the same stuff we've been hearing for months or conclusions drawn directly from the VERY SAME "RUBBER RAFT" ADVERTISEMENT that featured the list of sponsors.)

Honestly, the "pick a camp" challenge part sounds strange -- not only has the first episode never previously featured a "reward challenge," but without getting a chance to visit each camp before picking, the decision would seem to be a crapshoot for either team (unless Jiffy describes one camp to them as "the bad campsite" and the other as "the nice campsite.") Then again, if one of the camps *IS* clearly bad, then that might tie into the "one tribe relocates before the Merge" rumor...

-SB

Outfrontgirl 6830 desperate attention whore postings

02-22-02, 02:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Outfrontgirl Click to send private message to Outfrontgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "Campsite crapshoot..."
LAST EDITED ON 02-22-02 AT 02:29 PM (EST)

I agree SB, about landing and picking campsites as a crapshoot.
Besides which, if they raced for it, the losing team might be neck and neck at which point they would have to paddle OUT of one bay and around a rocky promontory to the other site. That sounds difficult and unlikely.

>>Then again, if one of the camps *IS* clearly bad, then that might tie into the "one tribe relocates before the Merge" rumor...

The relocation rumor ties in very closely with the lawsuit over the use of the Hakatea valley that was quite heated at the time of the supposed move. Note that there is no rumor of moving out of the valley not named in the lawsuit--Hakaui. I believe that Burnett deals with the lawsuit (which the audience and the tribe will not hear about) by vacating the valley and writing it in as a twist (around Ep 5).

Both these valleys have beach, water, fruit, resources, even though they are not equal. But then Ogakor and Kucha were not alike either. They each had their up and down sides.

As you pointed out, SB, this "prediction's" credible parts are all from information that's already been published.

Thank you tribephyll for finding and posting it. Some more stuff to watch for and see if it materializes.

Re the racial tension, I would guess it's likely to center around Vee and/or Sean, for obvious reasons. They are both also very religious according to their background info.

02-22-02, 02:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Swami Click to send private message to Swami Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Campsite crapshoot..."
Do we know which tribe relocates? Whoever does move, it seems to me, would have a valley less scavenged & picked over for edible items and firewood. Could getting a new valley be a reward item? And if there is more easily available food here, is that tribe now at an advantage?

Swami

TheWanderer 267 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

02-22-02, 01:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail TheWanderer Click to send private message to TheWanderer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: eliiipsis...has spoken"
LAST EDITED ON 02-22-02 AT 02:09 PM (EST)

It would be surprising to see such a challenge slated for an RC vs an IC.
As for taking away previously won RC items... remember the "mutiny" on S1? what would happen if the tribe refuses to give back the RC items? I can see the castaways flailing their machetes at JP and MB!

BTW... in the "Probst on the Radio" thread, it was stated that the tribes weer given a few items, one of them a magnifying glass. This means they were able to create fire right away. THrefore, it would not be a "reward" item as alluded to in the ellipsiis story. Regardless, once you have fire, does it really matter if they take away the magnifying glass?

As for the farfaru, marinating the fish would be more like a 3 day ordeal. If it went 30 days, it would probably be fermented!
I can't recall right now, but I believe that the natives have another delicacy and I'm not sure which fruit it is, but I know they ferment that and either eat or drink it. Does someone know what I'm referring to? If not, I'll do some research and get back to you all on this.

02-22-02, 02:51 PM (EST)
9. "RE: eliiipsis...has spoken"
As for the farfaru, marinating the fish would be more like a 3 day ordeal. If it went 30 days, it would probably be fermented!

Fish marinated in a strong brine solution, with sea weed added, should be more correctly called "pickled fish". This sounds more edible than either rotten or fermented fish does.

I think just about any fruit can be fermented, but I doubt that will come up in the show.

Swami

SurvivorBlows 15230 desperate attention whore postings

02-22-02, 03:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivorBlows Click to send private message to SurvivorBlows Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: eliiipsis...has spoken"
Fermenting takes some time... no matter how plentiful the fruit, I don't see anyone starting their own "still" on the island (although a drunken redneck like Tom from S3 would have been a likely candidate.)

-SB

Krautboy 2750 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

02-22-02, 04:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Krautboy Click to send private message to Krautboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "Another Fabrication..."
> Subject: LATEST NEWS UPDATE: Survivor
>Marquesas
>From: survivorreports@bigfoot.com (Survivor Reports)
>Date: 2/21/02 5:05 PM Eastern Standard
>Time
>Message-id: <4472834a.0202211405.bd55d05@posting.google.com>
>
>RANCID FISH CAUSES PENALTY LOSS OF
>REWARD ITEMS:

This story appears to be another fabrication. It comes from the same source as the last one we just finished debunking...

Subject: SPOILER: 7th and 8th Survivor Bootees Revealed on Cruise Ship!
Newsgroups: alt.tv.survivor
Date: 2002-02-19 23:42:48 PST

This fabrication (just like the last one) is based on the Tahitipresse articles. This one seems to embellish quite a bit more.

The source of this story, as you might recall, comes from this article...

“Among the tests, which were imposed last week to the eight contestants in the game, there was the "fafaru", a typical dish of the Polynesean islands. It was explained to the contestants that it would be raw fish, marinated many days in seawater. It was specified to them also that the marqueseans relish this dish which has a repulsive odor. "if you don't eat this now, tomorrow the "fararu will be full of larvae and worms", it was added. Of the eight survivors present at the challenge, three refused categorically to eat it and were penalized.” (Tahitipresse, 12/20)

>During a reward challenge estimated to
>be aired on
>Episode 4, the survivors from each
>camp (Rotu / Maraamu)
>are faced with the daunting task
>of eating "Survivor-Style
>Sushi" -- a mixture of small,
>unprepared fish soaked
>30 days in briny water and
>seaweed. The team with the
>
>most fish completely eaten wins the
>reward.
>
>A first for the show, 3
>tribe members from Rotu
>refused to eat the rancid delicacy,
>resulting
>not only in the loss of
>this weeks reward challenge
>to Maraamu, but also a loss
>of the previous reward
>items (cutting tools/magnifying glass) they won

>
>during Episode 3.
>

The rumor takes the original report of..."three refused categorically to eat it and were penalized.”...and embelishes it with a guess as to what the author thinks the penalty will be. (Don't think it's a very good guess)

>SINK, SWIM OR FLOAT?
>
>According to various rumors, during the
>opening
>sequence all castaways must swim to
>shore to reach
>their new island homes. The fact
>is that each team will
>
>receive life rafts (which they must
>inflate themselves)
>and then pack their personal belongings
>onto the
>rafts -- all within 10 minutes
>(remember the first
>Survivor?). The term "Back to the
>Beach" lives up
>to it's moniker.
>
>Without oars, they must paddle to
>shore as a team.

>The first team to reach shore

We've seen the paddles, so this was probably written before the "rubber raft in the sunglasses preview" which clearly shows their paddles.

Another good attempt at fabrication, but don't believe it's anything more...

Hoax.

Krautboy

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •