The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"CBS Manipulation Theory"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

BadGoatee 4 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

08-16-00, 11:38 AM (EST)
Click to EMail BadGoatee Click to send private message to BadGoatee Click to check IP address of the poster
"CBS Manipulation Theory"
One thing to consider in picking tonight's victim is CBS's strong interest in having balanced demographics in the final four. They have shown they are willing to manipulate the challenges to favor chosen people. And it is probably more than a coincidence that there has been an even balance between men and women with 10, 8, and 6 left.

I think CBS's dream final is 2 men, 2 women, all of different ages and backgrounds. As Kelly is the expected bootee this week (given last week's discussions on the beach), CBS can be expected to pick an immunity challenge that has been field tested to favor Kelly. Then they are hoping Rich/Rudy/Susan will stay together and vote Sean. The kicker, of course, is that Rich could team up with his buddy Sean to take out Susan.

Based on Lawman's argument that Sean does seem to be pushing hard for attention, I think Sean does go this week. Sean has a book ready to go and is all set for a whole week's attention based on him. After next week, all will be known and the attention will fall on the winner, so Sean is maximizing his moment of fame. (Of course the pending appearance on Howard Stern reeks of Sean - who is squarely within Howard's core audience and would be the only one on the island to give Howard his first interview).

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: CBS Manipulation Theory champagne_supernova 08-16-00 1
 CBS Manipulation Theory nice post, BadAs 08-16-00 2
   Rich in final two because of biased... xrunner 08-16-00 3

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

champagne_supernova 48 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

08-16-00, 02:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail champagne_supernova Click to send private message to champagne_supernova Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: CBS Manipulation Theory"
It seems just as likely that Richard would go on Howard Stern. I think he'd love the attention and controversy (think of all of the callers who always love to pitch in with nuggets of joy like "hey man, you're a fag" and "you gay homo" and equally eloquent remarks).

I want Richard to win, but I think he goes tonight. I hope I'm wrong!

BadAs 372 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

08-16-00, 03:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail BadAs Click to send private message to BadAs Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "CBS Manipulation Theory nice post,"
Welcome to the Board.

Before I started posting, I too was concerned about MB manipulations, Jury favorment, and Editing of the show's content/challenges.

the is alot of weight, to a Sean goes theory. Ie the agents, the not clouded by the final winner of E13, etc.

what pulls me away from a Sean pic, (IMHO) was the fact that he quit his practice in OCT of 99 (prior thread-Jurymember) Insider note correct about reward/Yacht saying made final 3 & Penis alliance favorable to RICH voting block.

I concure that there is alot of interference in the Production, but Immunity still plays a major role in voting favoritism. I for one don't see rich giving up control of the swing vote by not booting a female.

Thank you for a great post BG I look forward to more of your thoughts in the future!!

BA

xrunner 65 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

08-16-00, 04:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail xrunner Click to send private message to xrunner Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "Rich in final two because of biased Immunity Challenges?"
LAST EDITED ON 08-16-00 AT 04:42 PM (EST)

After reviewing ferretkiss's challenge page I came up with the thought that the immuninity challenges are very much biased in Rich's favor.

Episode 10-Fire building-
Rich just barely missed being kicked off the prevous week. If Gervase, Colleen, and either or both Kelly/Sean got a counter alliance together it could have been trouble for Rich. Rather than take any chance in losing his most interesting character, Mark may have picked an immunity challenge that (is reported to have) highlighted Rich's known ability as the person who is best at building a hot fire.

Episode 11-balance beam
Rich was in no danger and Mark needed an immunity challenged that appeared to be balanced in the women's favor. This challenge reminded me of the balance beam, a women's gymnastic event.

Episode 12 - Tigi Witch Hunt
Find hidden masks
answer questions via video tape
First one back with a tape with all the right answers win.

This sounds a lot like one of those stupid games a corporate trainer would use to promote logical thinking and problem solving. It would appear Rich would have the best chance and Sean second. Unless there is some unusual twist I do not see Sue winning this challenge. ( Others have suggested that if there is running perhaps either Kelly or Sean might win, if you need to looks for clues on the trail then Kelly may win. The rules are critical to who wins and we do not know them. In any event Rich will probably not get booted if he loses so he probably does not have to win)
Episode 13 Foreign Comrades (Fallen Comrades?) The final four must answer question about the people they just spend 39 days with on the island

A corporate trainer has to quickly remember information on a group of people. He needs reminder names and unique pieces of information on each person so he looks like he is a friend and cares. He practices these skills week in and out as just part of his job. I would be totally shocked if this challenge was not specifically designed to insure Rich wins it.

Rites of Passage:An endurance contest including fire walking.

If you read chapter 1 of Mark's book, an unshown reward challenge had Joel and Rich holding bamboo poles with coconut filled with water. Joel and Rich were the ones picked because they were the strongest and had the most endurance. Interestingly enough, according to Mark' book .....Rich guaranteed a win. Well, it turns out Rich may have lost this one but frankly I don't see anyone left looking like Joel! Someone may think Rudy might have a chance but it sure does not sound like something that any 72 year old could win, no matter how good a shape he was in.

On the surface it appears that Mark has used Gervase's cards to stack the deck in favor of Rich.

It is then only logical for Mark Burnett to make every effort to make it a Rich/Sue final two. This is Rich's only chance of winning.

I think the reason Mark picked the challenges is that Mark wants to make the final two as exciting as possible.

Exciting is Rich & Sue!!!!!!!

Any other match up seems to be a foregone conclusion and not nearly as exciting. I have picked Sue as the winner for a variety of random pieces of information that has more to do with the intro video than anything else. However it is clearly an interesting match-up and could go either way and may be very close. If I am wrong on this then I guess I should have believed Ebay.

If Rich wins these biased immunity challenges as I proposed, then the reason that Rudy made his reported "don't call me and I won't call you statement" is that he felt Mark fixed the results.

Gretchen said that he arbitrary changed the ambassadors for dramatic effect and I find it quite conceivable that he fixed the immunity challenges. Of course one can say anyone could of won and might but if they do, it will probably be mostly an accident.

Has Mark Burnett screwed Rudy?

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •