The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"SeeBS Eyemail, 2/19/02"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

George Tirebiter 2982 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

02-19-02, 01:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail George%20Tirebiter Click to send private message to George%20Tirebiter Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"SeeBS Eyemail, 2/19/02"
No lack of crapola to obsess over, in this interminable wait for S4 to begin. . . Just received this week's "Eyemail," which profiles the Basher-dubbed "Bedwetter," Gabe:

SURVIVOR PROFILE:
Gabriel Cade
, 23, is a native of the tiny
alternative community of Celo, NC, who has
packed a lifetime of experiences into his 23
years. Currently a bartender in Los Angeles,
Cade, who is single, has done everything from
being a competitive figure skater and member
of a singing quartet to playing semi-pro soccer
and performing and teaching ballroom
dancing. His luxury item is a childhood teddy
bear.

I have no time to go back and dredge up last season's profilees, so will leave it up to you to piece together what it may/may not mean, to have him as their first highlight. Anyone else recall what order or if there was a pattern last time?

GT

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: SeeBS Eyemail, 2/19/02 PepeLePew13 02-19-02 1
   RE: SeeBS Eyemail, 2/19/02 jkokoj 02-19-02 2
   RE: SeeBS Eyemail, 2/19/02 George Tirebiter 02-19-02 3
       RE: SeeBS Eyemail, 2/19/02 jkokoj 02-19-02 4
       RE: SeeBS Eyemail, 2/19/02 Tumbler 02-19-02 5
           RE: SeeBS Eyemail, 2/19/02 PepeLePew13 02-20-02 8
               RE: SeeBS Eyemail, 2/19/02 Tumbler 02-20-02 9
 Latest from TV Guide dabo 02-19-02 6
   RE: Latest from TV Guide SurvivinDawg 02-20-02 7
       back to spoiling... weltek 02-20-02 10

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

02-19-02, 01:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: SeeBS Eyemail, 2/19/02"
Somehow I see him as a Brandon-type of character in terms of editing for this show. I could be way off, but this might be someone that is grossly underestimated by everyone and lasts longer than most people will think (but not all the way, at least until after we get to see all of the Survivors on TV).

He might come across as weird, unique, odd (figure skating, bartender, ballroom dancing all suggest flamboyance while I don't know what to make of the teddy bear unless he's trying to score sensitivity points with the ladies), but be able to fly under the radar as he might not be perceived as such a threat.

And while I have no idea in hell what an "alternative community" is, would it mean he has certain beliefs that might rub people the wrong way or would it mean he'd develop a personality that would mesh with others? Can anyone weigh in on this topic of alternative communities?

jkokoj 4389 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

02-19-02, 02:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jkokoj Click to send private message to jkokoj Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: SeeBS Eyemail, 2/19/02"
Was Ethan the first one for S3 featured?

I think Gabe is going to be annoying. Young, brash, I have done it all attitude. Ok I still had that same attitude at that age and I still had my teddy bear but I am female for crying out loud....

ok I will take it to the Basher Board now. Thanks.

George Tirebiter 2982 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

02-19-02, 02:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail George%20Tirebiter Click to send private message to George%20Tirebiter Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: SeeBS Eyemail, 2/19/02"
Pépé--I know of a couple "intentional communities," but you got me thinking about that, so I googled up a bit of info:

First of all, on this website, they state Celo Community (Route 5, Box 79, Burnsville, NC 28714, (704)675-5525) is the oldest land trust community in America with 30 family units on 1200 acres. And another one very much like it adds a more scholarly approach to the concept in general. Basically, these groups grew out of the hardcore "hippie" movement, and many of these groups are organized around living ecologically and sharing their knowhow with others, esp. disadvantaged communities in need of self-sufficiency (i.e. Native Am. reservations, Third World countries.) Frequently, they are also founded on religious principles (I know that The Farm in TN is based on the book of Acts, sharing whatever they have with whoever needs it.) I would guess that there isn't more than one in Celo, although this site states that NC is a hotbed of alternative activity. . . It is also, BTW, the place where Floridians usually go to escape snowbirds and to vacation in a totally different atmosphere than we have here; many people I know in Sarasota have had vacation homes in NC for ages--which may be how he latched onto New College.

For more on intentional communities in that area, you can look at Culture's Edge. . . and wonder.

And for all the humorous talk of Gabe and his teddy bear, I agree with you--this is one character who is bound to prove a lot more interesting than people expect. I believe he will exhibit some personality traits totally out of keeping with his flaky, feel-good, goofy sci-fi majorin', grape-smugglin', teddy bear-totin' first impression.

GT

jkokoj 4389 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

02-19-02, 02:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jkokoj Click to send private message to jkokoj Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: SeeBS Eyemail, 2/19/02"
I have seen a couple of new TV ads one of which features Gabe.

He seems to be a little devilish and may be our "clown" of S4. This is one of the things Gabe said ""there are lots of things to eat on this island. Bananas, Coconuts, . . . other people" big grin.

The teddy bear is foreshadowing and I think he may have a bit of a humerous personalty.

Tumbler 108 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

02-19-02, 03:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Tumbler Click to send private message to Tumbler Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: SeeBS Eyemail, 2/19/02"
First time post.

I don't know if this will help anyone, but I have visited the area near Celo many times, as I now have family living in nearby Asheville. I have never been to Celo itself, but the entire region seems to have an "alternative" feel. It is in the mountains and the people are very in tune with the environment. Many people are hikers, bikers, artists, hippies, and people who won't work. Hollywood-types are staring to invade the area more recently. A large part of the population has an "alternative" lifestyle also(you know what I mean). Not that there's anything wrong with that, of course. I just thought I would mention it. I don't know if that is what they mean by "alternative" when talking about Gabriel and his town. I personally think it is just the earth-crunchy type of people that live there.

I am going to be in the area this weekend for a visit. I can't guarantee I will be able to visit Celo, But I will at least see what I can find out.

I'm not so sure this info will help anyone, but I thought I would offer it up anyways.

Tumbler

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings

02-20-02, 07:17 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: SeeBS Eyemail, 2/19/02"
A warm welcome to the boards, Tumbler!

You've provided some interesting information here... it sounds more like Gabe is a real "fit-in" type than a zealot who will hit people over the head with far-out ideas. He sounds like he would be a big asset to his tribe with the food-gathering and early team ICs.

Sounds more like someone who would likely last to the merger than get booted early (but then again many of us thought the same about Silas at first...).

Tumbler 108 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

02-20-02, 10:28 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Tumbler Click to send private message to Tumbler Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: SeeBS Eyemail, 2/19/02"
Thank for the welcome Pepe!

I think you are right on with Gabe. I would also like to add that if Gabe is anything like the people I have met in this area of NC, he likely has an incredible knowledge of nature. I hate to stereotype, but this has been my experience. Being able to identify plants, flowers, trees and wildlife could be extremely beneficial to the tribe.

Actually it sounds like he's a good match for Gina. Too bad they are on separate tribes.

I agree that, unless Gabe has a Silas-like attitude, he's a likely merge candidate.

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings

02-19-02, 04:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "Latest from TV Guide"
LAST EDITED ON 02-19-02 AT 04:45 PM (EST)

Not much spoiler value but some material of interest, so I'm putting this in with GT's thread rather than give it one of its own.

BACK TO REALITY

The next Survivor may be more notable for what it doesn't have than for what it does: no rations, no food supplies, no matches. "Not even fishhooks," say executive producer Mark Burnett. It's the less-is-more approach to the fourth installment, known as Survivor: Marquesas.

Still a trecherous travelogue (the island has nasty problems with biting flies known as no-nos), the new season begs comparisons to the original Survivor, set in Borneo. Say Burnett: "(CBS president) Leslie Moonves said to me before Survivor 4, 'You don't need to reinvent the wheel. You just need to keep doing what you do and do a good job at it.'"

The words may echo through the offices of all reality producers, who have been playing a guessing game since September 11 brought dire predictions of the end of the reality format. When the second editions of Temptation Island and The Mole proved ratings disappointments, the forecasts seemed to be accurate.

But viewers haven't totally dismissed the Machiavellian machination of Survivor or the megastunts of Fear Factor. The last Survivor charted in the Top 5, and the second Amazing Race comes to CBS on March 11. The war may even be helping some shows: USA has scored encouraging ratings for Combat Missions, in which military men compete against each other; CBS will launch the "Top Gun"-like series AFP: American Fighter Pilot on March 29; and Fox is considering another go at Boot Camp.

The pared-down Survivor may just represent a momentary lull in producers' ambitions. In the works: The Big Mission, a competition to join a Russian space launch. "We have the spaceflight," says producer Phil Gurin (Weakest Link). "We have the documents." Burnett has long had a deal with NBC for a space-bound reality series of his own. "(Recent events) just put things on the back burner," he insists. "I'm still pushing ahead with the way I want to do it."

Well, the news is that they aren't reinventing the wheel for S4. Not much, I know, but worth noting re. wild speculations about what might be some of the wrinkles they've come up with for the new edition.

SurvivinDawg 6816 desperate attention whore postings

02-20-02, 06:24 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivinDawg Click to send private message to SurvivinDawg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Latest from TV Guide"
Happy happy, joy joy! Another Boot Camp would just make my day.

*** Contradictions don't exist. If you are faced with a contradiction, check your premises. You will find that one of them is wrong. -- Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

weltek 16936 desperate attention whore postings

02-20-02, 11:33 AM (EST)
Click to EMail weltek Click to send private message to weltek Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "back to spoiling..."
Thought I'd add some reply as far as actually spoiling goes...

Last season the eyemail list was (thru Teresa):

Ethan
Lindsey
Tom
Linda
Kelly
Frank
Kim P
Brandon
Teresa

That was froma previous discussion. Anyone have the order after Teresa or did they stop doing it? I assume Kim J and Lex were profiled somewhere towards the end. So Diane, Carl, Silas, Clarence, & Jesse were not profiled from the info I have.

So I will assume from Gabe being the first, that he is not one of the first 3 bootee's at least. Fair assumption? I think the only "for sure" is that he's not the first to go. I think we've debunked any pattern otherwise from last season.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •