The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Friday 8/16/02 show:"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Big Brother Bashers Forum (Protected)
Original message

SurvivinDawg 6816 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

08-17-02, 00:27 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivinDawg Click to send private message to SurvivinDawg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Friday 8/16/02 show:"
LAST EDITED ON 08-17-02 AT 00:33 AM (EST)

There can only be one description of the Friday 8/16/02 BB3 show:

WORST.SHOW.EVER

Here's what we saw:

HOH, people in the tub waiting it out.

Flashbacks. Endless flashbacks of Tonya. Endless flashbacks of that stupid flower/peanutbutter/bikini show. Endless flashbacks of couples in bed, particularly Lisa and Eric. Endless flashbacks of Tonya in the HOH putting on the peanut butter bikini. Endless flashbacks of ChiWhora and Tonya showering together, followed by shaving cream bikinis displayed to the guys. Endless flashbacks of that idiot Josh.

HOH, people in the tub, more slime added.

Flashbacks. Endless flashbacks of Lori (she is so sickening, thank GOD they did vote her out early!). More Tonya, more bikinis, more Josh, more LisaEricInBed, more...

You get the idea. And I have just about had my fill of this show.

SeeBS, in a desperate ratings ploy, thinks showing us these flashbacks of long-evicted trashy people is going to help. It won't. I'd be willing to bet that well over 50% of nearly every BB3 show (except the first, of course) is re-played material, and very little is first-run, up-to-date recent material.

Imagine Survivor 4. Instead of some Rob/Sarah romance as part of the overall show, they show us Sarah and Rob in the life raft, and Hunter and Gina off somewhere... over and over and over and over and over again. Imagine Episode 5 being a recap. At least Survivor CALLS their recap show a recap show, and they don't try to bore us with inane recaps on the other shows. Imagine EVERY Survivor show being 60% re-shown material from previous shows. We'd get tired in a hurry.

I didn't see BB1, but I understand it was atrocious. I did see BB2, and I thought the people were awful, but the show not so bad. For BB3, the people really ARE more interesting and fun to watch than Booger, Krusta, Shannon and their worthless ilk, but CBS has ruined this show with their manipulations, their poor editing, and the poor hosting of Julie Chen.

It's late, and I need something to drink.

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." -- Benjamin Franklin

Contradictions don't exist. If you are faced with a contradiction, check your premises. You will find that one of them is wrong. -- Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Friday 8/16/02 show: elmoleo 08-17-02 1
 RE: Friday 8/16/02 show: YAWN Red Lady 08-17-02 2
   RE: Friday 8/16/02 show: YAWN SurvivinDawg 08-17-02 3
       RE: Friday 8/16/02 show: YAWN Ra_8secs 08-21-02 4
 RE: Friday 8/16/02 show: JeffGator 08-21-02 5

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

elmoleo 10 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

08-17-02, 01:59 AM (EST)
Click to EMail elmoleo Click to send private message to elmoleo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Friday 8/16/02 show:"
Yes, I was very upset at myself for actually watching this episode. SeeBS must have been sort of annoyed that everyone on the show just gave up on trying to win the HOH competition since apparently that was going to be the whole premise of the next episode. I still do not know why Roddy gave up in ~1 second since it seems to be obvious that he and Chiara are in some serious trouble.

SeeBS achieved a new low. First, Danielle retold the food competition story to Amy (the one with the chicken livers). Then right after her explanation SeeBS flashbacked to the food competition story. A double flashback. Normally I just fast forward thru the commercials but not for this episode.

-Your worst nightmare

Red Lady 2010 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

08-17-02, 02:27 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Red%20Lady Click to send private message to Red%20Lady Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Friday 8/16/02 show: YAWN"
I'll tell you how I spent the BB3 hour tonight Dawg, I prepared myself for the Iron Chef which was on after BB3 (not on CBS of course!) It was the 300th episode (an old rerun) but I had not seen it. Fois Gras battle between Chef Corby of France's La Tour d'Arquat Restaurant (founded in 1582!!) and Chinese Iron Chef Kenichi! The battle ended in a tie! So we are on 30-min. O.T. Don't "spoil" the outcome, Dawg...the tie-break won't be on until Sat. night, and I'm sure you've already seen the episode!

Please note BB3 posters:
This is not an example of an actual hijack. I am only using my Iron Chef story as an example of how BORING this "special" Friday night BB was! Yawn! Bring on Sheryl Crow! At least she will be "live" (or Memorex, perhaps?!)

Regards,

SurvivinDawg 6816 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

08-17-02, 09:53 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivinDawg Click to send private message to SurvivinDawg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Friday 8/16/02 show: YAWN"
Red Lady, a hijacking would only be appropriate. I only wish someone had hijacked the SeeBS signal and put Iron Chef up for everyone to see!

I had not seen the 300th challenger episode, either. My respect for Chen Kenichi went up about 1000% (it never was bad, but it shot up) when I saw him put up such a great battle with an ingredient never used in Chinese cuisine (foie gras). The tasters obviously loved his food, and his ingenuity was stunning.

Sunday night is the IC France battles. The Dream Team 2000th plate show is one I've been waiting to see. The battles IN France should be fun to watch, aussi.

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." -- Benjamin Franklin

Contradictions don't exist. If you are faced with a contradiction, check your premises. You will find that one of them is wrong. -- Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Ra_8secs 1081 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

08-21-02, 08:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Ra_8secs Click to send private message to Ra_8secs Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Friday 8/16/02 show: YAWN"
LOL, 'Dawg!

Iron Chef certainly has a lot more drama. And it includes a free meal.

Hmm, thinking, ... what if the Survivor tribes where like Iron Chef sides, with leaders being chefs, others the dishes or ass't cooks, .... hmmm.

and hugs and sunshine for all, Ra

JeffGator 1401 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

08-21-02, 09:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail JeffGator Click to send private message to JeffGator Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Friday 8/16/02 show:"
This was by far the worst reality show episode I have ever seen and that is saying a lot considering I have watched a couple Bachelorettes of Alaska episodes.

Well you're right, all of BB1 was an atrocity but I can't really remember any specific episodes to compare. What is really sad is that I badly needed a recap of BB3 since I missed the first 3 weeks or so but I couldn't even bring myself to watch that boring as crap show.

And I must say that I am sooooo glad Lori went first. I've never seen anyone who I have disliked their expressions and body language as much as her. And seeing her in that fight against Danielle made me like Lori even less. Good riddance and glad I never got to know her.

So far, tonight's show isn't that great either but better than Friday's.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •