The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Pre-Merge/Early Challenge"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

jkokoj 4389 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

02-14-02, 12:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jkokoj Click to send private message to jkokoj Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Pre-Merge/Early Challenge"
On another board someone mentioned a Tahiti Press article which outlines possible challenges for S4 which are native to the islands. Javelin throwing being one of them. The press article is dated 2/4/02. This article may be telling for at least one challenge for sure.

In the Feb 6 Promo vid caps you see Sarah and Gina, Sarah appears to have some sort of poles around her kinda stuck in the sand and looks to be rotating her arm around to stretch out her shoulder. It also looks like Sarah is holding some sort of pole. I think that picture could be a challenge picture prior to the merge and is javelin throwing.

I always use the "rotating" arm as a warm up prior to playing any throwing/hitting sport.

Sorry I do not know how to post pictures or I would get the one from Survivorfever.net that I am referring to.

Maybe someone else could post it here. UMMM BUNGLER!

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 ARe these it? lroy 02-14-02 1
   RE: ARe these it? jkokoj 02-14-02 2
       RE: ARe these it? lroy 02-14-02 4
   Captain ZZ! ConningOfficer 02-14-02 3
       Comparable spears? George Tirebiter 02-14-02 5
           RE: Comparable spears? TheWanderer 02-14-02 6
               RE: Comparable spears? Bebo 02-14-02 7
   RE: ARe these it? tribephyl 02-14-02 10
       RE: ARe these it? MakeItStop 02-15-02 12
 RE: Pre-Merge/Early Challenge Fast Eddie 02-14-02 8
   RE: Pre-Merge/Early Challenge TheWanderer 02-14-02 9
       Challeges jkokoj 02-15-02 11

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

lroy 536 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

02-14-02, 12:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail lroy Click to send private message to lroy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "ARe these it?"
LAST EDITED ON 02-14-02 AT 12:36 PM (EST)

I agree that there might be some sort of throwing competition, on another thread there is a picture of Zoe with a what looks like a spear. Maybe they are allowed to keep the spear if they win, like the wagon for the fire challenge in Survivor Africa...

Edited to add the photo of Zoe with the spear.

02-14-02, 12:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jkokoj Click to send private message to jkokoj Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: ARe these it?"
LAST EDITED ON 02-14-02 AT 12:51 PM (EST)

YES! Thanks lroy. I think I need a lesson in how to post these pics!

I definitly think this is an early challenge. This challenge takes place, at the least, in the first 2 episodes as MB released these pics a little early.

I am not sure about the picture of Zoe. The area around her is a lot different than around Sarah. Sarah is on the beach on a sunny day, where Zoe is on the rocks on a (what appears to be) cloudy, cooler day. Zoe is wearing pants, long sleeve shirt and hat. The beach pics seem to be a little warmer.

lroy 536 desperate attention whore postings

02-14-02, 12:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail lroy Click to send private message to lroy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: ARe these it?"
I was thinking (as were people on the board i got these off of) that this was a different time frame, after they had won the spear, of Zoe fishing which would be support of her staying for at least 3 episodes, if the spear is reward in the second episode, she has to be around to use it.

As for how to post, i have a PC, so i right mouse click on the picture, copy the address, and past it in your message, it's worked for me so far, but my DAW level is somewhat low, so i still have the opportunity to screw it up

ConningOfficer 585 desperate attention whore postings

02-14-02, 12:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ConningOfficer Click to send private message to ConningOfficer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "Captain ZZ!"
Yes! Women with weapons! For some reason, I just have the feeling that Zoe is going to kick some butt. Or, maybe it's just the whole seagoing thing and I'm feeling some sympathetic schlock more suited to the Fanatics board.

But, I agree, and on more than just the obvious change in weather between the two shots - Sarah's pictures look like "challenge beach", where Zoe looks like she's getting some work done.

George Tirebiter 2982 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

02-14-02, 01:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail George%20Tirebiter Click to send private message to George%20Tirebiter Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "Comparable spears?"
The spear Zoe has looks specifically like one used for spearfishing, but I can't tell if the (possible) challenge pix look like the same thing. I mean, I picture a javelin being somewhat different--maybe more of a "pointed stick" than that thing you use to spear garbage whilst picking up trash from along the highway.

The clothing, the water, the lighting--they look like they happen at different times, as well.

?

GT

“In my solitude I have seen things very clearly, which are not true.” • Antonio Machado

TheWanderer 267 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

02-14-02, 01:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail TheWanderer Click to send private message to TheWanderer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Comparable spears?"
I agree with you GT. Further, if you look at the top end of the spear that Zoe is carrying, you notice it looks a bit chewed up and has some rope tied on it. The top end of the spear in the other pics looks smoother and shaped a bit different. A javelin is usually a bit more aerodynamic than a fishing spear.
I also agree it looks like different time frames.

Bebo 21083 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

02-14-02, 02:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Comparable spears?"
>A javelin is usually
>a bit more aerodynamic than
>a fishing spear.
>I also agree it looks like
>different time frames.

It would fit into storytelling, though, to have them throw javelins in a challenge and them give them the reward of a spear that they could throw in a useful fashion for their tribe.

Does anyone know the basic list of supplies that the tribes will be given? We know it won't include food, but they may be given a spear as a tool. If not, then it could be a reward item...and the pic could be a spoiler that Zoe's tribe wins the reward. After all, in S1, the Treasure chest won in the challenge was filled with useful items for fishing.

Bebo

tribephyl 12393 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

02-14-02, 10:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tribephyl Click to send private message to tribephyl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: ARe these it?"
The photo of Zoe's pointed tip stick is indeed different than the "stick" that Sarah is holding... I think Sarah's might be an oar

These two are from paratrooper via Survivornews of Rotu seen walking along the shore with long handled oars. Could both teams taken the oars from the "kayak" race challenge? Or could they have shown up in tree mail?

MakeItStop 1098 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

02-15-02, 01:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MakeItStop Click to send private message to MakeItStop Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: ARe these it?"
I think Sarah's might be an oar

I don't think Sarah is holding an oar. If you look at the pic of the oar you will see that it has a handle at the end of it that kind of forms a "T". I don't see this T on the spear that Sarah is holding.

Fast Eddie 625 desperate attention whore postings

02-14-02, 02:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Fast%20Eddie Click to send private message to Fast%20Eddie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Pre-Merge/Early Challenge"
Javelin throwing? I'd prefer to watch javelin catching. Maybe they could alternate, one team throwing while the other catches. The last person left standing is the Survivor.

TheWanderer 267 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

02-14-02, 04:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail TheWanderer Click to send private message to TheWanderer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Pre-Merge/Early Challenge"
yeah... but they woldn't get 39 days out of the series, unless of course that sole survivor had to forage for food and water by themselves.

02-15-02, 11:39 AM (EST)
11. "Challeges"
I have been reading up on some of the local customs.

I think we know, almost for certain, that we will have the following challenges:

Pirogue Paddling (as shown in pictures)
Fafaru (gross food eating)no pictures as of yet
Javelin throw (per pictures)

I think the other strong contenders are as follows:

String Fingers (remember girls the game we played in grade school - cat scratch with yarn) Maybe used down the road like the seek and find puzzle from S3 that Lex was good at

Catapults (a sling shot which MB is fond of)

Fruit Carrier Races (done with fruit on a palm tree across your shoulders behind the head)

We should keep our eye out for any vid caps/previews that may show these events. It may give clues at to who appears in what episode.

I do not belive we will see the following challenges as the seem to be a little to dangerous and may cause serious injury

Stilt Racing (8-10 feet off the ground)
Chevrettes (the shrimp catching at night)
Stone Lifting (obvious)

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •