The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Sanjaya Malakar over Chris Sligh? PLEASE!!!"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences American Idol General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

loyd6785 17 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

03-28-07, 11:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail loyd6785 Click to send private message to loyd6785 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Sanjaya Malakar over Chris Sligh? PLEASE!!!"
Now I know the votes are fixed!!! There is no way, that America voted that way! And to think that I really thought this show was for real.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Sanjaya Malakar over Chris Slig... Iconoclastic 03-28-07 1
   RE: Sanjaya Malakar over Chris Slig... mia rules18 03-29-07 11
       RE: Sanjaya Malakar over Chris Slig... Shaggy26 03-29-07 14
           RE: Sanjaya Malakar over Chris Slig... mia rules18 03-29-07 17
       RE: Sanjaya Malakar over Chris Slig... Delta Darling 03-29-07 45
 RE: Sanjaya Malakar over Chris Slig... frisky 03-28-07 2
   RE: Sanjaya Malakar over Chris Slig... pmspml5 03-29-07 3
       RE: Sanjaya Malakar over Chris Slig... pinksparkleguitar 03-29-07 4
           RE: Sanjaya Malakar over Chris Slig... KoalaChick 03-29-07 5
               RE: Sanjaya Malakar over Chris Slig... Lasann 03-29-07 12
       RE: Sanjaya Malakar over Chris Slig... frisky 03-29-07 7
           RE: Sanjaya Malakar over Chris Slig... Glow 03-29-07 15
           RE: Sanjaya Malakar over Chris Slig... ulalame 03-29-07 33
       RE: Sanjaya Malakar over Chris Slig... AshLanie 03-29-07 8
 RE: Sanjaya Malakar over Chris Slig... dabo 03-29-07 6
 RE: Sanjaya Malakar over Chris Slig... Snidget 03-29-07 9
   RE: Sanjaya Malakar over Chris Slig... dragonflies 03-29-07 10
   RE: Sanjaya Malakar over Chris Slig... bullzeye 03-29-07 13
       RE: Sanjaya Malakar over Chris Slig... cahaya 03-29-07 25
           RE: Sanjaya Malakar over Chris Slig... bullzeye 03-29-07 36
   RE: Sanjaya Malakar over Chris Slig... tamarama 03-29-07 18
   Sorry to be obtuse, but what does V... Tazluli 03-29-07 29
       RE: Sorry to be obtuse, but what do... Magnolia_Rocker 03-29-07 31
           RE: Sorry to be obtuse, but what do... Tazluli 03-29-07 32
   RE: Sanjaya Malakar over Chris Slig... agman 03-29-07 37
 RE: Sanjaya Malakar over Chris Slig... zombiebaby 03-29-07 16
   Key point: greenmonstah 03-29-07 19
       RE: Key point: AshLanie 03-29-07 24
   RE: Sanjaya Malakar over Chris Slig... samboohoo 03-29-07 20
       RE: Sanjaya Malakar over Chris Slig... Breezy 03-29-07 21
       RE: Sanjaya Malakar over Chris Slig... zombiebaby 03-29-07 22
 RE: Sanjaya Malakar over Chris Slig... priestdi 03-29-07 23
 RE: Sanjaya Malakar over Chris Slig... bob_chester 03-29-07 26
   RE: Sanjaya Malakar over Chris Slig... priestdi 03-29-07 28
   RE: Sanjaya Malakar over Chris Slig... loyd6785 03-29-07 39
       RE: Sanjaya Malakar over Chris Slig... bob_chester 03-30-07 49
           RE: Sanjaya Malakar over Chris Slig... loyd6785 03-30-07 54
               RE: Sanjaya Malakar over Chris Slig... bob_chester 03-31-07 57
 Funny... udg 03-29-07 27
 RE: Sanjaya Malakar over Chris Slig... uglier than sarah w 03-29-07 30
   RE: Sanjaya Malakar over Chris Slig... AyaK 03-30-07 46
 Disagree AyaK 03-29-07 34
   RE: Disagree agman 03-29-07 35
       RE: Disagree bob_chester 03-29-07 38
           RE: Disagree agman 03-29-07 41
               RE: Disagree bob_chester 03-30-07 47
           RE: Disagree loyd6785 03-29-07 42
               RE: Disagree agman 03-29-07 44
               RE: Disagree bob_chester 03-30-07 48
                   RE: Disagree agman 03-30-07 52
                       RE: Disagree bob_chester 03-31-07 56
                   RE: Disagree loyd6785 03-30-07 53
                       RE: Disagree bob_chester 03-31-07 55
                           WARNING - bob_chester Bebo 03-31-07 58
                               RE: WARNING - bob_chester bob_chester 03-31-07 59
                       RE: Disagree bob_chester 03-31-07 60
 RE: Sanjaya Malakar over Chris Slig... marchbabe 03-29-07 40
   RE: Sanjaya Malakar over Chris Slig... loyd6785 03-29-07 43
       RE: Sanjaya Malakar over Chris Slig... bob_chester 03-30-07 50
 RE: Sanjaya Malakar over Chris Slig... singmeasong 03-30-07 51
 RE: Sanjaya Malakar over Chris Slig... bob_chester 03-31-07 61

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Iconoclastic 151 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

03-28-07, 11:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Iconoclastic Click to send private message to Iconoclastic Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Sanjaya Malakar over Chris Sligh? PLEASE!!!"
Especially after last year when Mandissa made her controversial comments and was prematurely gone the following week. Santa Clause......Easter Bunny.......Professional Wrestling.......American Idol. After Chris's shout out to VFTW last week I knew he was going home this week.

mia rules18 409 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

03-29-07, 07:10 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mia%20rules18 Click to send private message to mia%20rules18 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Sanjaya Malakar over Chris Sligh? PLEASE!!!"

> After Chris's shout out
>to VFTW last week I
>knew he was going home
>this week.

Chris made a shout out last week to VFTW? How did I miss that?! Can someone explain how that went down?

Shaggy26 40 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

03-29-07, 08:45 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Shaggy26 Click to send private message to Shaggy26 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Sanjaya Malakar over Chris Sligh? PLEASE!!!"
The week before when they were giving out his digits, Chris said, "Hi Dave!" Dave is the head guy at VFTW. Since he did that, they booted him out the following week, this week. Just a theory!

mia rules18 409 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

03-29-07, 09:00 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mia%20rules18 Click to send private message to mia%20rules18 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Sanjaya Malakar over Chris Sligh? PLEASE!!!"
Okay, I do remember him saying Hi Dave, but I had no idea who that was...That explains it! Good theory. Thanks for clearing that up!

Delta Darling 10 desperate attention whore postings

03-29-07, 10:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Delta%20Darling Click to send private message to Delta%20Darling Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
45. "RE: Sanjaya Malakar over Chris Sligh? PLEASE!!!"
>
>> After Chris's shout out
>>to VFTW last week I
>>knew he was going home
>>this week.
>
>
>Chris made a shout out last
>week to VFTW? How did
>I miss that?! Can someone
>explain how that went down?
>

VFTW Head guy mentioned the shoutout in writing on VFTW website. He was pleased. The one that the site has picked to back is the Poneyhawk kid and they seem to have some power Sad

frisky 11695 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-28-07, 11:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail frisky Click to send private message to frisky Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Sanjaya Malakar over Chris Sligh? PLEASE!!!"
There, there, my child.

The truth is out there, shrieking at us all like a faux-hawked amateur singing tween-toy.

Worry not. They will ride the Sangaya wave and spit out his chewed carcass once they have finished draining every last drop of publicity out of him. There's no way they'll want to market that kid as the winner.

Rolly made this.

pmspml5 3263 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

03-29-07, 00:05 AM (EST)
Click to EMail pmspml5 Click to send private message to pmspml5 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Sanjaya Malakar over Chris Sligh? PLEASE!!!"
I'm not sure if you have heard. But Howard Stern - the radio personality is boycotting American Idol and begging his listeners to vote for Sanjay - - that's why he is still in - so thank Howard for it.

pinksparkleguitar 1222 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

03-29-07, 00:48 AM (EST)
Click to EMail pinksparkleguitar Click to send private message to pinksparkleguitar Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Sanjaya Malakar over Chris Sligh? PLEASE!!!"
And since Howard got the idea from the VFTW website, we can all thank the creator over there, Dave.

KoalaChick 509 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

03-29-07, 01:02 AM (EST)
Click to EMail KoalaChick Click to send private message to KoalaChick Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Sanjaya Malakar over Chris Sligh? PLEASE!!!"
You know what? I actually gained a lot of respect for Sanjaya this week. He knows about Howard Stern and VFTW, and he still embraced his uniqueness and gave an enjoyable performance.

I prefer that to Sligh's attitude and cockiness. Sanjaya has almost perfect pitch, he's cute, and he doesn't take himself too seriously. He rocks!

Lasann 3616 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

03-29-07, 08:07 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Lasann Click to send private message to Lasann Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Sanjaya Malakar over Chris Sligh? PLEASE!!!"
I'm with you. I thought Sanjaya's performance this week was near perfect. He'll be around for awhile.

It a Tribe original!!!

frisky 11695 desperate attention whore postings

03-29-07, 01:45 AM (EST)
Click to EMail frisky Click to send private message to frisky Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Sanjaya Malakar over Chris Sligh? PLEASE!!!"
Oh, sure, I know about all that. I'm an un-official, non-card-carrying Worster myself. That's my point. I support the idea behind VFTW because of the obvious manipulation that takes place.

Chris was manipulated out. Of course he wasn't voted out. The shout-out to VFTW was the last straw.

Chris R. wasn't in the bottom two last week, but the judges like him and the PTB decided that if they placed him in the bottom 2, the tweenies (and Flow lol) would get scared and vote for him.

The original poster complained that the show is fixed, and I totally agree. My point is that Sligh's fate awaits Sangina. There is no way that the producers want to have to pimp him as the winner, in spite of the efforts of VFTW. They will find a way to get rid of him. It may not happen for a few weeks, but Sangina will get a Sligh-esque boot soon, even if he isn't the bottom vote-getter.

Rolly made this.

Glow 14353 desperate attention whore postings

03-29-07, 08:54 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Glow Click to send private message to Glow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Sanjaya Malakar over Chris Sligh? PLEASE!!!"
LAST EDITED ON 03-29-07 AT 08:57 AM (EST)

ha! *squinty eyes*
*spanks Grisky*

ETA: Actually my phone's battery went dead (bad hubby didn't have it on the charger for days. and I didn't rush for the cell phone like I did regularly with Bucky ~ used both phones for that boy ~ so at least we know I don't Buckylove Chris) after about five or ten votes so I wasn't that instrumental.

ulalame 778 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

03-29-07, 02:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ulalame Click to send private message to ulalame Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
33. "RE: Sanjaya Malakar over Chris Sligh? PLEASE!!!"
>>Chris was manipulated out. Of course he wasn't voted out.<<

I have to say I beg to differ. I know lots of people who voted for Sanjaya, but nobody who ever voted for Chris Sligh. Personally, I think Chris Sligh was terrible and shouldn't even have made the top 24 and was thrilled to see him go. Different strokes for different folks.

AshLanie 895 desperate attention whore postings

03-29-07, 05:12 AM (EST)
Click to EMail AshLanie Click to send private message to AshLanie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Sanjaya Malakar over Chris Sligh? PLEASE!!!"
>I'm not sure if you have
>heard. But Howard Stern
>- the radio personality is
>boycotting American Idol and begging
>his listeners to vote for
>Sanjay - - that's why
>he is still in -
>so thank Howard for it.
>

Thank Paula, Simon, and Randy who kept Sanya in the first plce.

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings

03-29-07, 01:08 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Sanjaya Malakar over Chris Sligh? PLEASE!!!"
Welcome aboard!

Snidget 44369 desperate attention whore postings

03-29-07, 05:38 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Sanjaya Malakar over Chris Sligh? PLEASE!!!"
Well considering he was dead last in the dial idol voting and also dead last in the AOL poll I think there may have been a lack of support for Chris Sligh across America. (The AOL poll I think has gotten the last three boots right)

I like him and wanted him to finish near the top and I thought he deserved to be voted out this week.

I think people may have voted for Sanjaya besides the tween block (which he has locked up) and the VFTW and Sterne votes because IMO he proved he was in on the joke.

If you know they are keeping you in as a joke probably the healthiest thing is to do what Sanjaya did. Do the, you think I am a joke, I'll show you a joke. I think a lot of people went from pity to respect.

The manipulation IMO wasn't keeping Sanjaya in but keeping Chris R. in. They put him in the bottom two last week when the voting data we have didn't support that then put him in the pimp spot when he clearly didn't earn it with a spectacular performance.

They may have wanted Chris S. out, but he didn't do anything to keep himself in, either.

dragonflies 8051 desperate attention whore postings

03-29-07, 07:07 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dragonflies Click to send private message to dragonflies Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Sanjaya Malakar over Chris Sligh? PLEASE!!!"
I agree with Snidget.

bullzeye 5030 desperate attention whore postings

03-29-07, 08:10 AM (EST)
Click to EMail bullzeye Click to send private message to bullzeye Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Sanjaya Malakar over Chris Sligh? PLEASE!!!"
If you know they are keeping you in as a joke probably the healthiest thing is to do what Sanjaya did. Do the, you think I am a joke, I'll show you a joke. I think a lot of people went from pity to respect.

I've been thinking about this for a day or so now, and I think you are bang on. And in many ways, this makes me respect the kid more than I ever thought I would - not his fault that they selected him, so props to him that he is taking the ##### out of the whole "competition". For the longest time, I just wanted them to send him hime, put him out of his misery. Now, I would like to see how far he can push this.

cahaya 19891 desperate attention whore postings

03-29-07, 11:25 AM (EST)
Click to EMail cahaya Click to send private message to cahaya Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: Sanjaya Malakar over Chris Sligh? PLEASE!!!"
Yeah, I'm with you on this. Actually, I kind of admire the kid for going through all this without cracking up. He seems to have found a way to make entertainment of his own knowing full well he's not in the same league with many of the other Idol contestants as far as his voice goes. If anything, I think he got swept up by it and is surfing along with the wave.

bullzeye 5030 desperate attention whore postings

03-29-07, 05:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bullzeye Click to send private message to bullzeye Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
36. "RE: Sanjaya Malakar over Chris Sligh? PLEASE!!!"
Actually, I kind of admire the kid for going through all this without cracking up.

Interesting isn't it? If it does prove out that he is totally in on the joke as we suspect, he is showing wisdom well beyond his years. Good on 'em I say.

tamarama 1785 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

03-29-07, 09:04 AM (EST)
Click to EMail tamarama Click to send private message to tamarama Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Sanjaya Malakar over Chris Sligh? PLEASE!!!"
>>The manipulation IMO wasn't keeping Sanjaya in but keeping Chris R. in.<<

Sing it Snidget! THAT is the grossly obvious plot to me...they pimp him so hard in their comments it turns my stomach.

Tazluli 141 desperate attention whore postings

03-29-07, 01:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Tazluli Click to send private message to Tazluli Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
29. "Sorry to be obtuse, but what does VFTW mean?"
I can't stand Sanjaya, but I think he will be there for a while. It is a shame that better singers are gone before him.

Magnolia_Rocker 2139 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

03-29-07, 01:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Magnolia_Rocker Click to send private message to Magnolia_Rocker Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
31. "RE: Sorry to be obtuse, but what does VFTW mean?"
VFTW = Vote For The Worse. It's a website dedicated to voting for the contestants the producers obviously don't want to win, basically.

A Tribe Original!

Tazluli 141 desperate attention whore postings

03-29-07, 01:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Tazluli Click to send private message to Tazluli Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
32. "RE: Sorry to be obtuse, but what does VFTW mean?"
Thank you Magnolia!

agman 11166 desperate attention whore postings

03-29-07, 06:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail agman Click to send private message to agman Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
37. "RE: Sanjaya Malakar over Chris Sligh? PLEASE!!!"

>The manipulation IMO wasn't keeping Sanjaya
>in but keeping Chris R.
>in. They put him
>in the bottom two last
>week when the voting data
>we have didn't support that
>then put him in the
>pimp spot when he clearly
>didn't earn it with a
>spectacular performance.
>
>They may have wanted Chris S.
>out, but he didn't do
>anything to keep himself in,
>either.

I agree, with you. I think that so many of us(including me ) have gotten so hung up on wanting,or expecting Sanjaya to be out, that we lose focus on who else is not preforming up to their potential. I agree that this week Chris S. needed to go! I do however, think an argument could have also been made for Haley to go!

A Snidget Original

zombiebaby 7356 desperate attention whore postings

03-29-07, 08:55 AM (EST)
Click to EMail zombiebaby Click to send private message to zombiebaby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Sanjaya Malakar over Chris Sligh? PLEASE!!!"
For me in a nutshell I think Sanjaya is genuine. He is sweet and is in on the joke. However he is not trying to manipulate people.

Chris S. on the other hand? He is like the Hippies from TAR. Fake. Everything is planned by him. From his responses to the judges and trying to win over the VFTW crowd. He thought he would outlast Sanjaya and wanted their vote.

I also think Lakeisha is a phony too. Sure she can sing but I'm not buying her act.

If it was not for Sanjaya then this season would be a complete waste of time. If he is still around by the final 4 I may actually vote for the first time.

One more of J
Slice's Awesome Creations!

greenmonstah 10761 desperate attention whore postings

03-29-07, 09:22 AM (EST)
Click to EMail greenmonstah Click to send private message to greenmonstah Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "Key point:"
LAST EDITED ON 03-29-07 AT 09:23 AM (EST)

"he...is in on the joke"

And you know what? The producers have themselves to blame by turning the audition shows into a complete mockery. By forcing its viewers to sit through a Gong Show like venue for night after night, what do they expect. It detracts from its more serious and more mature fan-base.

And that is why this monstah is a big Fanjaya. Maybe next year they will not put such crappy, foolish TV into my living room. (And for the record, this is why I refuse to watch the audition portion.)

Edited to close my ( )

AshLanie 895 desperate attention whore postings

03-29-07, 10:55 AM (EST)
Click to EMail AshLanie Click to send private message to AshLanie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: Key point:"
>LAST EDITED ON 03-29-07
>AT 09:23 AM (EST)

>
>"he...is in on the joke"
>
>And you know what? The
>producers have themselves to blame
>by turning the audition shows
>into a complete mockery.
>By forcing its viewers to
>sit through a Gong Show
>like venue for night after
>night, what do they expect.
> It detracts from its
>more serious and more mature
>fan-base.
>

BINGO!!!!!!!!!!!!! You hit it right on the ole noggin.

samboohoo 17173 desperate attention whore postings

03-29-07, 09:33 AM (EST)
Click to EMail samboohoo Click to send private message to samboohoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Sanjaya Malakar over Chris Sligh? PLEASE!!!"
*gasp*

Hippie Hater!

Clear eyes, full hearts, can't lose.

Breezy 18380 desperate attention whore postings

03-29-07, 09:43 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Breezy Click to send private message to Breezy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: Sanjaya Malakar over Chris Sligh? PLEASE!!!"
I'm not sure we ever really knew her. *sob*

zombiebaby 7356 desperate attention whore postings

03-29-07, 09:49 AM (EST)
Click to EMail zombiebaby Click to send private message to zombiebaby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: Sanjaya Malakar over Chris Sligh? PLEASE!!!"
Like Chris S. I liked them in the beginning but then all of them started to annoy me.

Being a Hippie does not mean long hair, stink lines and no shoes. *faux hippies!*
I personally adore the Hippy lifestyle.

Fanjaya...I like it.

Can I get a ponyhawk on my zombie baby?

One more of J
Slice's Awesome Creations!

priestdi 378 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

03-29-07, 09:58 AM (EST)
Click to EMail priestdi Click to send private message to priestdi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: Sanjaya Malakar over Chris Sligh? PLEASE!!!"
I started as a huge Chris fan. voted for him. And I yawned over Sanjaya.

But chris is been totally boring and unremarkable for weeks. His charm for me was that he was DIFFERENT. And he totally snuffed any shred of rebellion or originality after the first week or so, imo.

So I completely lost interest.

Sanjaya on the other hand is a kick in the pants. He and Blake are the only creative sparks most nights. And this week Blake was a snooze, so Sanjaya was the the only interesting thing of the night for me.

Plus Sanjaya has VFTW and the tweens? gold.

I predicted Chris was gone this week. Sanjaya didn't need a conspiracy to save him. Chris is gone because he didn't stand out. imho.

bob_chester 243 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

03-29-07, 12:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bob_chester Click to send private message to bob_chester Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: Sanjaya Malakar over Chris Sligh? PLEASE!!!"
LAST EDITED ON 03-29-07 AT 12:47 PM (EST)

This is not fixed. Sour Grapes. Just because your favorite gets voted off it is fixed. lol I love these boards
We hear this all the time.
Sanjaya has a big fan base were Chris S. did not.(Just for the record I like Chris S. but I have to be fair and say he did not deserve to stay. Sanaja is appealing to his fan base. I can be objective)

Plus Sanjaya was not the worst this week. Chris S. did stink it up this week and was the worst performance. I did not think he would leave but he has not done well for a long time.

I would have liked to see Haley or Chris R go but this is what America wanted. I like this. Very unpredictable.
I cannot wait until Lakisha gets the cut around the final 5. OMG it is going to be so fun to watch the complaining. I can't wait! Just like when Chris deservedly was voted off last year. It is fun to watch.

THIS is Great TV entertainment! I love it. America has spoken!

priestdi 378 desperate attention whore postings

03-29-07, 12:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail priestdi Click to send private message to priestdi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "RE: Sanjaya Malakar over Chris Sligh? PLEASE!!!"
>I cannot wait until Lakisha gets
>the cut around the final
>5. OMG it is
>going to be so fun
>to watch the complaining.
>I can't wait! Just like
>when Chris deservedly was voted
>off last year.

no fooling!!

03-29-07, 09:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail loyd6785 Click to send private message to loyd6785 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
39. "RE: Sanjaya Malakar over Chris Sligh? PLEASE!!!"
bob_chester, no “Sour Grapes” here, just suspicions ones. Just so that you know Chris Sligh was not necessarily my favorite, I did however think he as well as all the other ones that has been voted off in the last few weeks, was much, much better than Sanjaya (as do everyone else that I have talked too). My suspicions about the votes being fixed, arose when Sanjaya was still in the competition a week or so before the top 12. This can’t be the voice of America! I do think however, that by him not getting cut, is good for the show’s ratings, and also gives "American Idol" motive to keep him on.

03-30-07, 11:22 AM (EST)
Click to EMail bob_chester Click to send private message to bob_chester Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
49. "RE: Sanjaya Malakar over Chris Sligh? PLEASE!!!"
LAST EDITED ON 03-30-07 AT 11:23 AM (EST)

Lloyd I like to point out it is “sour grapes” this is just denial. You must have a very narrow circle of people you talk too. lol
It is the “Voice of the Americans” who watches the show. I sort of like him on the show he livens it up with some comedy, they show needs that. I hope he stays till the final 5 to make it more conterversial. You guys make it more fun too when you all agitated when he does not get cut. I love it.

He can sing by the way. See my response to you on message. 48 ( I don’t want to get in trouble with the monitors about posting things twice)

03-30-07, 11:41 PM (EST)
54. "RE: Sanjaya Malakar over Chris Sligh? PLEASE!!!"
>Lloyd I like to point out
>it is “sour grapes”
>this is just denial. You
>must have a very narrow
>circle of people you talk
>too. lol

>
> He can sing by the
>way.

bob_chester, the circle of people that I talk too is not nearly as narrow as the mind of anyone that thinks this waste of TV air time (Sanjaya), can sing…LOL

03-31-07, 01:41 AM (EST)
57. "RE: Sanjaya Malakar over Chris Sligh? PLEASE!!!"
Oh now I am the narrow minded one?
Never mind you are not worth it.

udg 3381 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

03-29-07, 12:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail udg Click to send private message to udg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "Funny..."
Sligh had a lot of people voting for him because he made them laugh. The past couple of weeks, he's been quite un-funny. There's no denying that Sanjaya had people ROFL this week.

Slice n' Dice's Sigpic Chop Shop 2004

uglier than sarah w 303 desperate attention whore postings

03-29-07, 01:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail uglier%20than%20sarah%20w Click to send private message to uglier%20than%20sarah%20w Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
30. "RE: Sanjaya Malakar over Chris Sligh? PLEASE!!!"
uh oh...it sounds like American is starting to think that Sanjaya is ACTUALLY good! That means that he'll be kicked off soon!!! Once everyone starts to get comfortable with liking someone, they stop voting for them because they think other people will...I think Sanjaya's days are numbered!

AyaK 10426 desperate attention whore postings

03-30-07, 10:27 AM (EST)
Click to EMail AyaK Click to send private message to AyaK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
46. "RE: Sanjaya Malakar over Chris Sligh? PLEASE!!!"
LAST EDITED ON 03-30-07 AT 10:29 AM (EST)

>uh oh...it sounds like American is
>starting to think that Sanjaya
>is ACTUALLY good!

Only his fan club thinks that. The rest of us wanted to throw the baby out with "Bathwater."

If it was an offense for Brandon to flub the lyrics, why wasn't it an offense for Sanjaya to do so? Because he can do no wrong in the eyes of his enthralled fans.

AyaK 10426 desperate attention whore postings

03-29-07, 02:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AyaK Click to send private message to AyaK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
34. "Disagree"
LAST EDITED ON 03-29-07 AT 02:19 PM (EST)

After the show in Boston, the local Fox channel ran a phone poll for people to vote for their favorites.

Sanjaya got 33% of the votes. Sligh was dead last.

Dial Idol showed Sligh as dead last for the week based on busy signals. And guess who was right around first all night? Right, Sanjaya.

Was Sligh the worst this week? No, Sanjaya was. But Sanjaya's fan club is out in force.

03-29-07, 05:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail agman Click to send private message to agman Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
35. "RE: Disagree"

>Was Sligh the worst this week?
> No, Sanjaya was.
>But Sanjaya's fan club is
>out in force.

All of which begs the question, is this more a singing or popularity contest. To an extent I know it all has to be tied together, but right now, Sanjaya is surviving on fan base and except for his original audition, not much talent. Unfortunately, I'll bet he makes it to the finals based on his scores of voters every week. What do you think that will say about this "singing" competition?

03-29-07, 09:07 PM (EST)
38. "RE: Disagree"
Not everybody agrees that Sanjaya was the worst this week. He was really bad the 1st few weeks fo the top 24 but since the top 16 he has not been in a lot of peoples opnions.
I like Chris s, But he was horrible this past week by far the worst preformance of the night. Sanaja was better then Haley the last few weeks too.
It is not a singing contest anyway. It is an entertainment contest. Millions can sing well but those that can preform are rare.

03-29-07, 09:47 PM (EST)
41. "RE: Disagree"
LAST EDITED ON 03-29-07 AT 09:51 PM (EST)

>Not everybody agrees that Sanjaya was
>the worst this week.

I never said he was the worst this week. that would be the person above me! And I agree with you it's not a singing contest, it's just ambivilant because the judges are constantly calling it a singing contest. I do know that a lot of people do think he sucks and doesn't belong there. It's all about opinion and we all have ours. Singing is so subjective everyone will have a different opinion.

A Snidget Original

03-30-07, 10:53 AM (EST)
47. "RE: Disagree"
You are right it was the person above that said Sanjaya was the worst this week. I apoligize for that. I should have put that under him.
The judges are wishy washy. They do call it singing contest but sometimes they talk about the It factor and preformance.
In the end the voters can vote for whoever the liek for whatever reason they like.

03-29-07, 10:00 PM (EST)
42. "RE: Disagree"
This is true bob_chester,
But the problem is that Sanjaya can’t do either one, (sing or perform). He dose however, know how to look stupid, with the hair thing. Even he knows this, you can see it in his face each time he doesn’t get cut, he looks soooo scared before the verdict (the votes) and soooo surprised after he hears that he is safe.

03-29-07, 10:17 PM (EST)
44. "RE: Disagree"

>But the problem is that Sanjaya
>can’t do either one, (sing
>or perform).
Thank you loyd6785. I think you put that quite well. I'm just mad I didn't say it anywhere near as well as you did
>

A Snidget Original

03-30-07, 11:13 AM (EST)
48. "RE: Disagree"
Lloyd you started this thread saying the show was fixed because you refuse to acknowledge that people like Sanjaya. People buy crap from Spears why would they not buy his crap.

The shows voters disagree with you and that is why he is still there. Some think he can sing and perform. Simon gushed all over him about his voice in the auditions. So he can sing we know that. Just because you don't like him, the way he dresses, way he puts his hair up or the way he performs does not mean he can't sing. To say he can't sing is laughable. I don't think he is anywhere near the best in this competition but America thought Brandon, Stephanie and Chris S. deserved to go before him. Therefore they are gone.

I don’t watch the results show so I have not seen him. In the past everybody is nervous and relieved when they know they are not going home. They are all nervous every week because the unexpected has happened.

You can sit here and whine all day but in the end Sanjaya is still on the show at least next Wednesday.

03-30-07, 07:11 PM (EST)
52. "RE: Disagree"
>
>You can sit here and whine
>all day but in the
>end Sanjaya is still on
>the show at least next
>Wednesday.

And the only reason he will still be there is, as you said, this is not a competition about singing talent.

Sanjaya for President

03-31-07, 01:21 AM (EST)
56. "RE: Disagree"
LAST EDITED ON 03-31-07 AT 01:51 AM (EST)

Yes I never said it was about singing. But Chris S. could not Sing or preform this week either. lol Well we can just agree to disagree on this one. We will see what happens next week.

03-30-07, 10:49 PM (EST)
53. "RE: Disagree"
LAST EDITED ON 03-30-07 AT 11:03 PM (EST)

>The shows voters disagree with you
>and that is why he
>is still there. Some think
>he can sing and perform.
>Simon gushed all over him
>about his voice in the
>auditions. So he can sing
>we know that. Just because
>you don't like him, the
>way he dresses, way he
>puts his hair up or
>the way he performs does
>not mean he can't sing.
>To say he can't sing
>is laughable. I don't think
>he is anywhere near the
>best in this competition but
>America thought Brandon, Stephanie and
>Chris S. deserved to go
>before him. Therefore they are
>gone.

bob_chester, I done some research on this topic and come to find out I have learned what most people on this thread already knew. I went to the web site “VFTW” and to my surprise I found out that I may have been wrong about, “the votes being fixed”, because, this site has a tremendous amount of visitors and members that really get off on messing up what could be a good competition show, kind of like gang members like messing up beautifully painted buildings with spray paint, or hackers using their computer knowledge, going to great lengths to create a virus with no motive what so ever, to mess up someone’s computer.

I also found out that this very large group is campaigning for YOUR, TV lover boy, (Sanjaya) to win this competition, as well as Howard Stern, because he thinks it would be funny if he were to win, which also has an overwhelming group of fans. So with all this campaigning going on it is very possible that he may be getting a lot more votes, but for the wrong reason, no one is voting for Sanjaya because he is a star material, but because they think it would be funny if he won, because he is so bad. The others that have been voted off did not have this kind of support, and I’m sure that they would not have wanted it, if HE,(Sanjaya) were to win; it would be like winning a “Most Ugly” contest.

So, Billy Bob, bob_chester, or whatever, YOU are wrong about America disagreeing with me. He can’t sing or perform like a star! Yes he may can sing a little, and perform a little, but not even close to a supper star.

03-31-07, 01:20 AM (EST)
55. "RE: Disagree"
LAST EDITED ON 03-31-07 AT 02:08 AM (EST)

Now you stoop to insults like Billy Bob and He is my TV loverboy? Wow Do you even read my posts? lol

Your orginal statement that is fixed is wrong. It does not matter why people voted for Sanjaya and he is still there.

Go ahead and look up all you want it does not change that fact.

Bye Lloyd good luck lol

Bebo 21083 desperate attention whore postings

03-31-07, 08:04 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
58. "WARNING - bob_chester"
You have been reminded of our rules. If you have an issue with another post, alert the moderators and let us handle it. That does not mean alert the moderators and then continue to fuel the fire by posting a response. To quote from our guidelines, While they are very generous in volunteering their time, do not presume that a moderator will always be immediately available to respond to your issue. Do not take a lack of response or action on their part as grounds to take you own "vigilante moderation" action. "Vigilante moderation" will not be tolerated and will possibly result in the termination of your RealityTVWorld.com membership.

03-31-07, 09:24 AM (EST)
59. "RE: WARNING - bob_chester"
So what you are saying it is ok for me to bash and not Lloyd.
You are a joke Bebo!

03-31-07, 09:28 AM (EST)
60. "RE: Disagree"
And Llyod since they allow you to be an asshhole and they don't like people like me who bring truth to the argument. It is not me who is narrowminded it is you. You continue to not listen.

IT IS NOT FIXED!

marchbabe 28 desperate attention whore postings

03-29-07, 09:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail marchbabe Click to send private message to marchbabe Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
40. "RE: Sanjaya Malakar over Chris Sligh? PLEASE!!!"
LAST EDITED ON 03-29-07 AT 09:41 PM (EST)

Sangina bites! I personally can't stand this pathetic geek! I could give a rats a#$ how entertaining he may seem. The bottom line is he sucks! And should have been gone before they got down to the final 12. What is wrong with America? I feel like AI has turned into a popularity contest and no one cares about talent anymore when they vote. I lost my enthusiam for Chris S. along time ago. But I would rather listen to him than Sangina any day. And I have to disagree with the person that said American Idol isn't about the singing it's about entainment. I couldn't disagree more. There is nothing entaining about some stupid kid acting like a childish jacka@$ on national T.V.!

03-29-07, 10:12 PM (EST)
43. "RE: Sanjaya Malakar over Chris Sligh? PLEASE!!!"
>LAST EDITED ON 03-29-07
>AT 09:41 PM (EST)

>
>Sangina bites! I personally can't stand
>this pathetic geek! I could
>give a rats a#$ how
>entertaining he may seem. The
>bottom line is he sucks!
>And should have been gone
>before they got down to
>the final 12. What is
>wrong with America? I feel
>like AI has turned into
>a popularity contest and no
>one cares about talent anymore
>when they vote. I lost
>my enthusiam for Chris S.
>along time ago. But I
>would rather listen to him
>than Sangina any day. And
>I have to disagree with
>the person that said American
>Idol isn't about the singing
>it's about entainment. I couldn't
>disagree more. There is nothing
>entaining about some stupid kid
>acting like a childish jacka@$
>on national T.V.!

Thank you! marchbabe. well said!!!

03-30-07, 12:45 PM (EST)
50. "RE: Sanjaya Malakar over Chris Sligh? PLEASE!!!"
lol still does not mean it is fixed. lol

singmeasong 30 desperate attention whore postings

03-30-07, 07:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail singmeasong Click to send private message to singmeasong Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
51. "RE: Sanjaya Malakar over Chris Sligh? PLEASE!!!"
I have personally never thought Sanjaya sang bad in any previous weeks. However, he did not do anything to standout; no high notes, playing to crowd, taking chances, or even a good performance...it was just blah, but it was not bad to me...just nothing to remember. He simply sang the song OK but in a very soft, boring way. I would not have kept him past top 20, but due to his fanbase he is getting more chances than those who do not have that appealing personality. He has taken advantage of this opportunity and steadily improved and taking slightly more risks. He is starting to step out of the box and recognize he needs to take chances. This week's performance was the first time I really heard him try to stretch out a vocal. Yes, only briefly, but it was good. Is he great yet...not to me, but he has done pretty well the last two weeks IMO. I personally had him 9 of 11 two weeks ago and forgive me but had him as my 4th best this week (yes he had the one horrible messup). So, overall maybe he should be gone...but he has not been the WORST (IMO) the last two weeks. I thought Haley should have gone this week, but Chris S was not much better. With all of this being said...I do not see him lasting more than 2 more weeks (top 7) unless he really comes up with a great performance.

As far as Idol being setup...they would have set Daughtry up as winner. Of course, my opinion...America's was Taylor.

03-31-07, 09:31 AM (EST)
61. "RE: Sanjaya Malakar over Chris Sligh? PLEASE!!!"
LAST EDITED ON 03-31-07 AT 10:25 AM (EST)

Why do you all hate Sanjaya so much anyway? You people are like a lynch mob. Pick on the shy kid that makes you so cool!

Unlock | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •