The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Rankings - Top Ten"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences American Idol General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

Glow 14353 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-28-07, 07:00 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Glow Click to send private message to Glow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Rankings - Top Ten"
I was trying to explain to my husband why I don't care about this season. He just wasn't getting that I don't think we need another diva. "But they're the best singers." "But yeah. I get that but I don't care." oh well. I can't like everything about every season, I guess. Hey, I'm still watching.

I watched this episode twice. The first time, I watched it almost live. The second time was later with hubby (after the hockey game).

How cute is Gwen Stefani? Very. Yes, very cute.

1. Blake “Love Song” – Because he’s really the only thing keeping me interested and because he didn’t beatbox over a Cure song. He’s good and he’s smart. I liked this slightly less the second time.
1. Chris “Don’t Speak” – I liked it. I really like how he sang “hurts”. “You’re good, Chris. You’re goo-ood.” I liked this more the second time.
3. Gina “I’ll Stand By You” – Her best to date. Loved the boots. Loved how sweet she was about meeting Gwen. Loved the boots.
4. Lakisha “Last Dance” – The first time I yawned through her performance. I liked it quite a lot the second time. Loved the boots.
5. Phil “Every Breath You Take” – I was worried for him. ~creepy looking guy singing a stalker song~ but it was good. Even better the second time.
6. Melinda “Heaven Knows” – I fast-forwarded through this the first time. I watched it again and liked it even less than I did when I didn’t watch it.
7. Jordin “Hey Baby” – awful clothes. Awful performance.
(drop)
8. Sanjaya “Bathwater” – There were parts of this that were just really good. Parts were pretty bad but there were good parts. “ponyhawk”
9. Sligh “Every Little Thing She Does Is Magic” – I do like his voice but I didn’t in this song. He sounded a bit froggy. It was by no means a “trainwreck” like Randy said though.
(drop down into the pits of whatever)
#eleventy billion. Haley “True Colors” – apologize to Cyndi Lauper and then get off my television. But she is pretty.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Rankings - Top Ten Colonel Zoidberg 03-28-07 1
 RE: Rankings - Top Ten CattyChat 03-28-07 2
 RE: Rankings - Top Ten nailbone 03-28-07 3
   RE: Rankings - Top Ten CattyChat 03-28-07 4
   RE: Rankings - Top Ten Magnolia_Rocker 03-28-07 5
       RE: Rankings - Top Ten geg6 03-28-07 7
   Ditto Breezy 03-28-07 6
       RE: Ditto Glow 03-28-07 8
           RE: Ditto Breezy 03-28-07 9
               RE: Ditto Glow 03-28-07 10
                   RE: Ditto Breezy 03-28-07 13
           You forgot someone, Glow CattyChat 03-28-07 11
               RE: You forgot someone, Glow nailbone 03-28-07 21
 RE: Rankings - Top Ten samboohoo 03-28-07 12
   RE: Rankings - Top Ten Glow 03-28-07 18
 RE: Rankings - Top Ten SilverStar 03-28-07 14
 RE: Rankings - Top Ten TanNymph 03-28-07 15
 RE: Rankings - Top Ten geekboy 03-28-07 16
   RE: Rankings - Top Ten bullzeye 03-28-07 19
 RE: Rankings - Top Ten emydi 03-28-07 17
   RE: Rankings - Top Ten Glow 03-28-07 20
       RE: Rankings - Top Ten emydi 03-28-07 23
 RE: Rankings - Top Ten xwraith27 03-28-07 22
   RE: Rankings - Top Ten Glow 03-28-07 24
   RE: Rankings - Top Ten CattyChat 03-28-07 26
       RE: Rankings - Top Ten Glow 03-28-07 27
 RE: Rankings - Top Ten CTgirl 03-28-07 25
 RE: Rankings - Top Ten tamarama 03-28-07 28
   RE: Rankings - Top Ten iltarion 03-28-07 30
 RE: Rankings - Top Ten AyaK 03-28-07 29
   RE: Rankings - Top Ten agman 03-28-07 31

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Colonel Zoidberg 3662 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

03-28-07, 07:14 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Colonel%20Zoidberg Click to send private message to Colonel%20Zoidberg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Rankings - Top Ten"
1. Gina “I’ll Stand By You” - I didn't see something like this coming from Gina. She was good, though.
2. Jordin “Hey Baby” - I'll grant that her choice of clothing was weird...she looked like she was wearing a tablecloth. But she sang that better than Gwen Stefani did.
3. Phil “Every Breath You Take” - I thought he was actually pretty good this week. He needs to stick to wearing hats and singing The Police.
4. Lakisha “Last Dance” - on raw talent alone; this wasn't very exciting, but at least she's good.

----gap----

5. Sligh “Every Little Thing She Does Is Magic” - I agree that he was too far ahead of the performance. Decent, but not great, vocals. Doesn't deserve to go home.

----larger gap----

6. Melinda “Heaven Knows” - I made the assessment that she sounds like Toni Braxton. Or rather, she sounds like Toni Braxton with a 4-pack-a-day habit.
7. Haley “True Colors” - my high school choir sang this at my graduation. And did a better job than Haley did. Plus, she's fvcking up my PTTE for even existing right now.
8. Richardson “Don’t Speak” - I don't know which was more disturbing - this rendition of "Don't Speak"...
9. Sanjaya “Bathwater” - ...or Sanjaya's bat-poop-insane hairdo. Paired with a usual abomination of a performance.
10. Blake “Love Song” - I didn't think it was possible for me to hate his performance this week more than I hated last week's God-awful 'performance.' But I did. Get the hell of my screen, Blake.

CattyChat 3379 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

03-28-07, 07:41 AM (EST)
Click to EMail CattyChat Click to send private message to CattyChat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Rankings - Top Ten"
Bring back Lulu. Gwen gets the raspberry award for lackluster mentoring this week. How flat an unemotional could she be?? I much prefer the artists who take a real interest in the contestants, it makes the performance night so much better.

On with the rankings.

1. Gina “I’ll Stand By You” - She gets the #1 spot for surprising me so much last night. She really did a great job. Loved those boots, too. One of the few shining moments of a dreary night.

2. Melinda “Heaven Knows” – I can't rank her lower, because she sings the heck out of all her songs. HOWEVER, she is losing me a little more each week. Simon's face said it all following the shrugging, "I can't believe you all love me" carp. Simon looked like he was going to barf. Melinda is a fantastic singer, but I don't see her marketable as a star in her own right.

3. Jordin “Hey Baby” – Last night was not even close to her best performance, but the song choice had everything to do with that. For me, Jordin has everything to be an American Idol: Adorable, vibrant, young with endless possibilities and amazing talent.

4. Blake “Love Song” – Blake's weaknesses were showing last night. His strength is the whole package put together, when he comes out and only relies on his vocals, he is going to flop. He is a weak singer, so he needs to PERFORM each and every time he hits that stage. Even though his vocals are not strong, I love that he has a very distinct sound to his voice. I don't have to see him to recognize him singing. I really would like him to be the Daughtry this year. Make top 3 or 4 and then blow up on your own terms, without AI trying to put him in their little box.

5. Lakisha “Last Dance” – Of course she sang extremely well, but so? There are thousands of amazing singers in the country, but if you don't have the charisma you are not making it as a solo artist. Fronting a church choir is where LaKiKisha needs to be.

6. Phil “Every Breath You Take” - I hate ranking him this high, because he has nothing. He can sing in key, but so what? (See above). He is creepy looking and has absolutely no distinct sound quality. As soon as he is voted off, no one will remember him. That said, he did the song justice and it pains me to admit it.

7. Sligh “Every Little Thing She Does Is Magic” – Vocally, he was spot on. I was on the Sligh bandwagon, but like Melinda & LaKiKisha, he drops each week. He is boring me to death and now his lisp is getting on my nerves. I thought it was MUCH BETTER than the judges gave him credit for and it bugs me to see them apply their double standards. Sligh is not long for this competition unless he comes out and knocks our socks off next week.

8. Haley “True Colors” – She's average in the talent department, but a very pretty girl. This is not her thing, she needs to try out for Miss USA, I'm sure Trump would be all over her.

9. Chris R. “Don’t Speak” – That was dreadful. He is easily the least talented singer of the top 10. I honestly think he throws in all the "vocal olympics" because he can't sustain one note in key, so that is his way to get around it. Justin Timberlake has nothing to worry about with Chris.

He Who Needs No Ranking
Sanjaya “Bathwater” – I love this kid more each week. If it weren't for Sanjaya this season would be a huge snoozefest. Last night, in addition to my real picks for a F2 finale (Jordin v Blake) I voted for Sanjaya. Why? For the entertainment and unpredicability factor. Sanjaya has serious potential as a teen heart-throb pop singer turned serious R&B singer as he ages. For all the kiddies out there, I hope he sticks around and ends up with a career after this. I think today's pop culture is seriously lacking in the teen idol department and Sanjaya fits the bill to a tee. I don't see any umbrella rampage, head-shaving, AA-attending-while-partying-every-night behavior in his future.

Also, since there really isn't any single contestant I can REALLY get behind (like Chris last year) that is swoon-worthy (for a 30-something woman) and super talented as a singer-songwriter, Sanjaya is no threat. Go, Sanjaya!!! You make those girls cry!!

One nation, under Romber...

nailbone 27263 desperate attention whore postings

03-28-07, 08:06 AM (EST)
Click to EMail nailbone Click to send private message to nailbone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Rankings - Top Ten"
LAST EDITED ON 03-28-07 AT 08:07 AM (EST)

First, let me extole the virtues of taping this show and watching it back later, cuz you can fast forward through the boring carp.

The Good:

1. Blake - best of the guys by far
2. Gina - out-freakin'-standing. And the hotness factor is up there, too.
3. Jordin - didn't particularly like this song for her, but overall, she's in the top group

The meh:

4. Melinda - if I close my eyes and just listen, she's great. But she's just weird-looking to me. She has no neck whatsoever.
5. Haley - OTOH, I can listen to her, or not, but I LOVE to look at her. She's just beautiful.
6. Lakisha - time to try something else, dear.
7. Phil - not bad, but not worth not fast-forwarding through

The bad:
8. Sligh - the power lies in the glasses
9. Chris R. - just not my style, I guess. Fast-forwarded through him, too.

The Ugly:

10. Sanjaya - watching him now has gone beyond "painful" and into the "morbid curiosity" stage. The singing was horrible, and that hairdo was a total traveshamockery.

Go, Sanjaya!!! You make those girls cry!!

He makes me cry, too, and not in a good way!!

03-28-07, 08:13 AM (EST)
Click to EMail CattyChat Click to send private message to CattyChat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Rankings - Top Ten"
"He makes me cry, too, and not in a good way!!"

Actually, he made me cry in the best way last night, crying with laughter (my favorite way to shed a tear) That hair was an entity of its own last night and he was owning it with that head waving. I'm laughing right now just picturing his head banging.

Magnolia_Rocker 2139 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

03-28-07, 08:13 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Magnolia_Rocker Click to send private message to Magnolia_Rocker Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Rankings - Top Ten"
Flip Haley and Phil and I agree with you on your order Boner.

I would also just put Sanjaya in a category all by himself. Like Simon said, he's in his on universe.

A Tribe Original!

And have I mentioned yet how much I hate this season??

geg6 14941 desperate attention whore postings

03-28-07, 08:24 AM (EST)
Click to EMail geg6 Click to send private message to geg6 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Rankings - Top Ten"
I hate it so much that I'm barely watching. I watch the last 5 minutes and that's it.

IMHO, they all suck. Except maybe Blake. At the very least, I love almost every single song he's done. The Cure!!!!! On AI!!!!! That's awesome and about as subversive as anything could possibly be on AI. Hope he wins. But I still probably won't be watching.

Breezy 18380 desperate attention whore postings

03-28-07, 08:20 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Breezy Click to send private message to Breezy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "Ditto"
That's about how I would rank them.

Oh and on a side note, I listened to Elliot Yamin's CD yesterday. If you enjoy mellow adult contemporary music to relax with, you'll enjoy his CD.

Save a horse, ride a cowboy.

03-28-07, 08:26 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Glow Click to send private message to Glow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Ditto"
hooray for Elliot! I'll have to have a listen. He had his teeth done too. Bucky was asking him about them on Larry King.

So five people from last season have albums out so far (Chris, Kat ~ is hers out yet?~, Taylor, Bucky and Elliot... well, Bucky's comes out next month). I just don't see that happening this go round.

03-28-07, 08:28 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Breezy Click to send private message to Breezy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Ditto"
Yes Kat's is out and I bought that one. I love it.

Elliot also grew out his hair and has Dierk's curls. (he's no way as cute as Dierks though)

03-28-07, 08:32 AM (EST)
10. "RE: Ditto"
still haven't listened to the single my sister bought me for my birthday (my birthday was two months ago).

I thought Dierks shaved his head.

03-28-07, 08:52 AM (EST)
13. "RE: Ditto"
He did and Elliot glued them on. *grin*

Dierks is hot with short hair too. *fans self*

03-28-07, 08:48 AM (EST)
11. "You forgot someone, Glow"
Make that 6 have albums out, you forgot Pickler .

My fave, by far, is Daughtry, with Kellie Pickler's 2nd (1st country album since I was a little girl.).

I also bought Taylor's (not bad, but expected better) and Kat's (actually disappointed and have buyer's remorse).

I haven't listened to either Bucky or Elliot's. I'll give them a listen. I may like Bucky's since I actually really liked Kellie's country album (never been a country fan).

Elliot will be a long shot, as I wasn't feeling the Elliot love when he was on last season.

nailbone 27263 desperate attention whore postings

03-28-07, 11:01 AM (EST)
Click to EMail nailbone Click to send private message to nailbone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: You forgot someone, Glow"
and Kat's (actually disappointed and have buyer's remorse).

Send it to me.

samboohoo 17173 desperate attention whore postings

03-28-07, 08:49 AM (EST)
Click to EMail samboohoo Click to send private message to samboohoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Rankings - Top Ten"
Is it just me or are there major speaker issues going on. Last week there was some sort of knocking. This week, there was static.

1. Gina. While this was not flawless, it was the best of the night IMO.

2. Blake. He is the dark horse, and I too would like to see him in the finale. WTF am I doing agreeing with Paula?

3. Lakisha: No real wow for me, I just thought this is as high or low as I could put her.

4. Melinda: Same as Lakisha.

5. Chris: Again, it didn't wow me.

6. Phil: I don't like him, but he did okay.

7. Jordin: I didn't like it at all. Maybe my expectations were too high after last week.

8. Chris Sligh: I like his voice, but he and the music were not in sync.

9. Sanjaya: Ugghh.

10. Haley: It must have been bad to rank her below Sanjaya.

Clear eyes, full hearts, can't lose.

03-28-07, 10:47 AM (EST)
18. "RE: Rankings - Top Ten"
oooh. I haven't noticed speaker issues.

I don't get the "Blake is the Dark Horse in this competition" thing. I think more people than not have expected him to do well. If it's expected, he's not a "dark horse".

I'm glad to see some people agreeing that Haley was worse than Sanjaya.

<-- Dark Horse (Ryan not me)

SilverStar 6205 desperate attention whore postings

03-28-07, 09:10 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SilverStar Click to send private message to SilverStar Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Rankings - Top Ten"
Guess I was in my own world last night. I seem to have different thoughts about a lot of performances.

This spot reserved
1. Blake -- I really don't see him falling out of my #1. He's awesome. Love Song is one of my favorite songs (it's my ringtone!) and I thought he did a good job. I also really liked his hair last night.

WTF are you doing up here?
2. Gina -- Muuuuuuuch better. Stop trying to be a rebel rocker. It doesn't work for you.

3. Haley -- I don't understand why so many thought this was horrible. She sounded good to me. *shrug*

4. Phil -- I think this is the only performance of his that I didn't cringe at even once!

WTF are you doing down here?
5. Melinda -- Hard to believe that a few weeks ago I thought she was amazing and adorable. Now? eh. Whatever.

6. Chris R -- I thought this was pretty bad the first time I saw it, but it was better the second. The beginning was good, but started to go downhill at the chorus.

7. LaKisha -- eh. whatever. good, but she's getting old. I feel like I should move her up higher, but I don't want to. I do appreciate that she did a more upbeat, fun song though.

8. Jordin -- She's growing on me each week, but I did not like this. Her vocals were ok, but I think it was a horrible song choice. And the outfit. Eesh. I guess she was going to a ho-down after the show.

Yeah, you pretty much suck.
9. Sligh -- I don't like him. I don't like his hair, I don't like his lisp, I don't like his attitude.

10. Sanjaya -- I like to think I have a pretty good sense of humor. I do not think it's funny. But I've never really been one to laugh when my ears bleed. I don't understand why people thought parts of this were good. Which parts?

Oh, and the hair? reminded me of this

TanNymph 309 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

03-28-07, 09:11 AM (EST)
Click to EMail TanNymph Click to send private message to TanNymph Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Rankings - Top Ten"
My list is quite different from the others, but it is mine.

1. Jordin - I was expecting to hate it, but I thought it was great. I didn't get the copy cat comment at all, it didn't sound anything like Gwen to me.

2. Gina - I was so looking forward to "Just like a pill" that I was sorta disappointed at first. But she did great. Didn't like the outfit though.

3. Chris R. - Can't believe I have him this high. But I thought it was good and he didn't overdo the runs.

4. Melinda - On vocals alone. This was the first time she didn't give me chills.

5. Phil - I don't really like Phreaky Phil, but I gotta give him props, that was waaaaaaaaayy better than I expected. His best for me.

6. Blake - He was pretty good. It was kinda boring though.

7. Lakisha - Please sing something less diva-ish next time.

8. Chris S. - I don't really get the "in the pocket" stuff, but I didn't think it was that good. So maybe that was the problem. He's not living up to my expectations.

9. Haley - She's so pretty!

10. Sanjaya - Great entertainment. But not quite in the way it's suppose to be. Maybe next week he can sing "Hot Child in the City".

geekboy 1788 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

03-28-07, 09:22 AM (EST)
Click to EMail geekboy Click to send private message to geekboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Rankings - Top Ten"
Hi Glowie -

Guess what??!! We agree and disagree! Shocker!

Here is how i would rank last night.

(1) Gina - She stepped up and proved that she belongs in this competition, and she finally picked a perfect song. Her vocals and controlled performance was impeccible.
(2) Melinda - This girl can do no wrong. She's in #2 because in some ways, she's just coasting in this competition (because at this point she can). Props to her for going upbeat finally.
(3) Phil - along the same lines as Gina, he FINALLY picked a great song for his somewhat limited vocal range. Again, he had a controlled performance and showcased his voice.
(4) Lakisha - along the same lines as Melinda, she's coasting, but she needs to pick it up and go up against Melinda...because Melinda is out-singing her.

-- big drop --

(5) Blake - I like the guy, but i was bored silly by this performance. He's done a lot better.
(6) Chris R - meh. I'm not a fan, and all i remember was his voice cracking several times.
(7) I simply did NOT like this performance. I don't understand what was up with the judges, but this was bad. I was shocked at the response. Jordin can sing, but she didn't bring it this time.

-- another drop --

(8) Chris S. - My boy did not do well tonight. His drop the past few weeks has me very worried.
(9) Haley - See you at Disney performing on stage.
(10) Sanjaya - oh my. what a mixed bag. He had moments in this performance where i saw the Sanjaya from his audition and Hollywood...but all those good moments were trampled on by the hair and the bad moments.

geekboy

I love puppies! S. Cowell

bullzeye 5030 desperate attention whore postings

03-28-07, 10:52 AM (EST)
Click to EMail bullzeye Click to send private message to bullzeye Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Rankings - Top Ten"
Well - no need for me to type out a list of my own, I'll just "ditto" geekboy's list.

A birthday present from Tribe

emydi 13669 desperate attention whore postings

03-28-07, 09:30 AM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Rankings - Top Ten"
LAST EDITED ON 03-28-07 AT 09:32 AM (EST)

How cute is Gwen Stefani? I never liked her and I thought she was a blah coach. Not encouraging enough and I felt an air of superiority on her part...but that's just me..

1. Phil “Every Breath You Take” – I loved this..def. his best performance and enough for me to vote for him (he was easiest to get thru and I voted for Chris R and Blake too). He deserves to stay for a week or two more bc of this song.

2. Blake “Love Song” – I was glad he didn't bb either...but it was a bit slow for me but I really liked it

3. Chris “Don’t Speak” – I liked it but Simon is right..he needs to work on his vocals

4. Melinda “Heaven Knows” – it was an meh perf. but she has the best vocals so for me that moves her up

5. Gina “I’ll Stand By You” – I did not like this very much but it was better than the rest

6. Jordin “Hey Baby” – My notes say: "Yoiks on the outfit" but I liked she changed it up but her worst performance to date

7. Lakisha “Last Dance” – I did not like it...it was blah and she has to get the spark back from her Jennifer Holliday song...

8. Sligh “Every Little Thing She Does Is Magic” – Awful song choice and it was bad bad bad...I think he should have just sang the V O V O V O part at the end...it would have been better..I was waiting for it and it never came and I kept singing that part over and over again...

9. Sanjaya “Bathwater” – At first glance I thought he had one big ponytail on top of his head..I used to wear it in kindergarten and called it a fountain ponytail... It was bad but not as bad as...

10. Haley “True Colors” – This was a horrible arrangement and blah..at least Sanjaya has a hair and other schtick

tribey is my American Idol!

03-28-07, 10:53 AM (EST)
20. "RE: Rankings - Top Ten"
That air of superiority comes from her being their superior.

That must be why I really didn't like Sligh's performance. He cut off the end.

Oh yeah. I wanted to ask a question. I thought Sligh was behind the music and everybody else is saying he was ahead. I (thought I) noticed when the background singers started singing, he was hurrying to catch up to them. Or do I need to listen to it again?

emydi 13669 desperate attention whore postings

03-28-07, 12:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: Rankings - Top Ten"
Gwen...meh...I think it shows insecurity on her part...don't like her never have but to each her own...

I don't know what Chris S did I didn't like it but it was not as bad as judges said and they pimped Lakisha for a boring and blah song...although after his Hi Dave comment I don't think Chris will ever get pimped..

How did voting go?

xwraith27 1136 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

03-28-07, 11:38 AM (EST)
Click to EMail xwraith27 Click to send private message to xwraith27 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: Rankings - Top Ten"
Kind of a boring night for me. Probably because I'm just so darn tired.

1. Gina Glocksen - She botched the falsetto and her last note kinda wavered, but it was still her best performance. I thought she kinda looked like Miss Swan from MadTV during the segment with Gwen.

2. Melinda Doolittle - Subpar by Melinda standards but still really really good.

3. Phil Stacey - Weirdly good. I'm still creeped out by the eyebrows. Also, to me, he looks kinda like a cartoon worm with the bald head and the wide eyes.

4. Lakisha Jones - Also very good. Affected, but really competent.

5. Jordin Sparks - I actually didn't like this as much as the other weeks. This was her one step back to her two steps forward.

6. Blake Lewis - I was bored by the whole thing. Phil wins over him because of song choice. Lakisha because of range, and Jordin because of personality.

7. Chris Sligh - The song suited the voice but not the person. I didn't like the bouncing. It just highlighted the fact that he was out of tempo.

8. Chris Richardson - For me, it was a mess vocally. Plus, he messed up his lyrics.

9. Sanjaya Malakar - Not as bad as before, but not good at all either. He looked like a troll doll... or a candle... or a rooster... or a broom... or a combination of those items.

10. Haley Scarnato - Sanjaya wins over her because Haley just can't sell what she's singing. At least Sanjaya is actually performing.

03-28-07, 12:13 PM (EST)
24. "RE: Rankings - Top Ten"
"Plus, he messed up his lyrics."

shhhh. We weren't supposed to notice that. And I like him so I was okay with pretending I didn't.

"or a candle... or a rooster... or a broom"

*gigglesnort*

03-28-07, 12:28 PM (EST)
26. "RE: Rankings - Top Ten"
Also, to me, he looks kinda like a cartoon worm with the bald head and the wide eyes.

Yeah, I'm really bored today.

03-28-07, 12:39 PM (EST)
27. "RE: Rankings - Top Ten"
*whack*
That's just creepy. *throws apples away*

CTgirl 8013 desperate attention whore postings

03-28-07, 12:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CTgirl Click to send private message to CTgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: Rankings - Top Ten"
LAST EDITED ON 03-28-07 AT 12:24 PM (EST)

Top 10:
1. Gina. “I’ll Stand By You” - I thought that was a great song choice. Chrissie Hynde is a rocker chic with a great voice that doesn’t need to shout and Gina should emulate that.

2. Phil, “Every Breath You Take,” – Another great song choice. I really enjoyed it after I closed my eyes. He is creepy and did anyone notice when Ryan stole his hat that he hadn’t shaved his head? He has serious male pattern baldness going on and growing in his hair isn’t going to add much to his face!

3. Blake, “Love Song,” – Overall he is the best performer in the contest. He looked great, so cute! The song was a little slow, not downloadable like last week, but enjoyable. He truly looked humble when Simon said that he was the male frontrunner. I love him. The only thing left for me to decide is if it would be better for him to win, or if he should pull a Daughtry and come in 3rd or 4th.

4. Melinda, “Baby Please,” – I love her voice, but I was a little bored with the song. I am tired of her “gee shucks” demeanor.

5. Lakisha, “Last Dance,” Great vocals, not as good a performance. That dress was so distracting!!

6. Jordin, “Hey Baby,” Started off great but flagged half way through. Her outfit was horrendous and unflattering, but I liked seeing her sing something young and upbeat.

7. Chris R., “Don’t Speak,” My favorite performance of his so far. He’s got the likable factor going for him.

8. Haley, “True Colors,” – She’s beautiful, but a boring singer. I fast-forwarded through part of her song.

9. Chris S., “Every Little Thing is Magic,” – It was an uneven performance. I don’t find his attitude funny any more. I’m over him.

10. Sanjaya, “Bathwater,” – WTF was that? I thought it was a mess. I’m glad he’s in on the joke, but the joke has gone stale. He needs to get voted off and get a vocal coach and stop screwing around on stage. Too much goofiness now and he’ll have a hard time getting taken seriously when his voice does mature.

tamarama 1785 desperate attention whore postings

03-28-07, 02:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tamarama Click to send private message to tamarama Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "RE: Rankings - Top Ten"
1. Blake – Lovesong – I like Blake a lot. The night he sang the Keane song I was excited to hear that he has a good voice aside from the beat-boxing & tricks. I also thought he had picked a good time to sing ‘straight.’ Fast forward to now – I think his timing was good again. This was the right time to do another “straight” song. And unlike several others, he knows when to just sing the song (to paraphrase Ms. Ella). I thought it was lovely & smooth & warm. I did not find it boring – the idols need to throw in a ballad occasionally otherwise they’ll get hit for that. Plus, ballads are harder to sing (requires more control) so successfully pulling off a love song shows skill too. FWIW, a co-worker who hasn’t been following the season watched last night – she picked Blake as her favorite just based on last night, and was surprised to hear that he’s the beat-boxer. I think Blake will be F2

2. Jordin – Hey Baby – I really liked this last night. Since a lot of other people hated it, I thought I didn’t know the song. Of course, I eventually realized that DUH, yes I know it. But Jordin changed it up to fit her style – as Gwen said, she made it more musical. Was she Gwen-like? No, but she shouldn’t BE Gwen-like. I thought everything was good except for the skirt. Right now, I’m thinking Blake/Jordin F2.

3. Melinda – Heaven Knows – Like many people, I’m running out of ways to say “Melinda was fantastic.” So consider that covered. BUT, she’s not a pop singer. She’s not strictly an R&B singer. Her song choices and style choices are much more mature than what generally succeeds on AI. I adore her, and look forward to her CD, but I no longer think she’s going to win this. Eventually, the Sanjaya, Chris R, Chris S & Gina votes are going to have to go somewhere, and I think they’ll go to Blake & Jordin.

4. Gina - I'll Stand By You - Nice job. She really sold it, and her voice sounded good. This is more the 'pseudo-rock' I like hearing her sing rather than attempting something ultra gritty. Awesome.

5. Chris S - Every Little Thing - Good job -- that is NOT an easy song. Lots of unusual intervals, and Sting has a really big range. He got a little hootie at first - but that didn't last long. I wasn't nearly as disturbed by rhythm problems as the judges were. BUT - Was he a little subdued? Last week, in the audience, he looked like he was concentrating too hard to connect. Kinda the same this week, he looked distracted & tired. Granted – he sang difficult songs both weeks, but if the degree of difficulty is going to diminish the performance aspect…do an easier song. Or is he just tired & worn out & stressed?

6. Sanjaya – Bathwater – This kid is really growing on me. It wasn’t a perfect performance by a long shot, but he reminded us that he can sing. And I LOVE the fact that he’s bursting out of his shell with the Kinks last week, and now this. Including the hair. Hair stupid? Oh yes. Hair fun? Absolutely. I think he’s learned a very important lesson in the past 2 weeks – he’s just letting go & having fun. Which automatically makes him more entertaining. I’d much rather see this than the pitiful mess that John Stevens turned into over his weeks. Next step, get the vocals themselves back on track. Go for it Sanjaya!

7. Lakisha - Last Dance - This was the theme of our 8th grade graduation dance (yes, I'm old). So I love the song, and she sang the carp out of it. She's just not as engaging as Melinda, Jordin, Blake, Chris S, - even Chris R (who I strongly dislike). Heck, let's throw Sanjaya, Haley & Phil on the list too. She’s quite simply the least engaging singer there. I think she'll easily have a career, but she's not a pop singer, I think she can't win.

8. Phil – Every Breath You Take – Eh. Phil was actually good this week, which means he’ll probably suck next week. If he’s here. Good song choice – the tessitura of the song matches his own really well. So he could be soft in the danger-zone of his low notes, and wail on his money notes. He’s still way too inconsistent. And, pardon me Phil, but you’ve had training. I’m sure you’ve been told before AI that your lower range is a problem. So why haven’t you fixed it? It’s not like you’re 17. Oh, and yes, your head is shaped like a light bulb, but please quit with the heinous hats.

9. Haley – True Colors – Haley blatantly disregarded Gwen’s advice to sing the melody. I hate that. (See Chris R comments for further rant on that topic.) She still screams ‘pageant girl’ to me. After being slightly interesting last week, she was right back to her Kathie Lee carp this week. And she looked like a hooker – not in a good way.

10. Chris R – Don’t Speak – Good Cod that was hideous. Aside from my usual complaints about how nasal and tight he is, I offer up 2 more things that make me insane:
He has no idea how to breathe. He was utterly incapable of sustaining any of those phrases & he chopped it up like an onion. He also apparently has never heard of “legato” – though to be fair, if he knew what it was, he’d still be incapable of doing it…seeing as he can’t breathe.
MY BIGGEST PET PEEVE: Several of these singers – and especially Chris have been told repeatedly by the judges and the guest coaches (and I’m gonna guess Bird too) to sing the damn melody. Last week, Peter Noone stressed that point, yet Chris was incapable of following through on it. But he tried. It’s really hard to sing the melody. Really? REALLY? Because singing the melody is fundamental. It’s the most basic element of singing. I’m going to shout this: IF YOU FIND IT REALLY HARD TO SING THE MELODY, THAT MEANS YOU’RE A BAD SINGER. Period.

I wish I could say I think Chris R will go home, but I don’t think he will. I think he might be bottom 3 though. Phil or Haley will go home.

iltarion 1791 desperate attention whore postings

03-28-07, 04:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail iltarion Click to send private message to iltarion Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
30. "RE: Rankings - Top Ten"
Really bad week this week. Last week was much better. There were no "great" performances as far as I'm concerned. It was like most performers were just trying to be safe and hold their own. Pop week should have been a great week, but why so many older songs? I love the 80s, but let's try to be more contemporary here. An 80s hit here or there is fine, but too many... Gwen looked fantastic. Her advice was limited, but that is what you should expect from someone who relies more on performance than singing.

1. Gina - Right song, and the only contestant who really seemed to sense danger and go for it. Great job. I hope this keeps her around because she deserves to stay.
2. Phil - Good song choice for him. Very iconic song and he did well with it, when screwing it up would have been easy. I doubt the same people who call him "creepy looking" and say he looks like a "stalker," whatever a stalker is supposed to look like, are voting for Haley because she is pretty or not voting for Melinda because she isn't the most attractive woman in the world. Whatever. Dude can sing. He is not long for this competition though.
3. Blake - I will not put him lower than this though that was a weaker performance by him. Strategically he did the exact right thing by going with a ballad and leaving out the beat-boxing and dancing this time around. He showed he can do it, but it is not his strength. That song is just boring, no matter how you sing it. I could never stand The Cure, sorry. Their lead singer always sounded like he was doped up on something and bored out of his mind. The Cure have their fans, but I'm not among them.
4. Melinda - Kinda boring. I was glad she went more uptempo this time around, but her performance was nothing special. She was strong vocally as always though, and that is good enough for 4th on this night.
5. Lakisha - Basically same as Melinda except her performance was even more lackluster.
6. Jordin - Like Blake, she is one of my favorites but this was a terrible song choice for her. That song is all about performance and little about voice. She tried to look the part, but then she didn't perform it. "Don't Speak" would have worked great for her.
7. Chris S - Strange song choice for him and going heavy into performance is not what this guy needs to be doing. I think the wind is out of his sails now that he knows VFTW is supporting Sanjaya instead of him. He needs Sanjaya out now, or his time is short.
8. Haley - Awful song choice for her. What is up with all the Cyndi Lauper songs this season? She finally did what she needed to do and showed some sass last week, and then she comes back with this. Her vocal was fine, but all I remember about the performance were her legs, which were stellar. In fact, she looked the best she has all season, and that is good enough to be above the rest but not good enough for my vote.
9. Chris R - This guy doing a great song like "Don't Speak" was akin to a nightmare for me. Again, a singer goes across gender, and again it is a mistake.
10. Sanjaya - WTF?? Has this become a joke or what? If you aren't taking this as a serious singing competition than I guess you love this guy. I probably should hope for this guy to make the F4 or something because the rules for the show would almost certainly change if he did. Let's have one week, like let's say to get to the F6, where the judges get to listen to everyone perform and then boot someone without voting. That would stop clowns like this from turning this show into a comedy act.

AyaK 10426 desperate attention whore postings

03-28-07, 03:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AyaK Click to send private message to AyaK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
29. "RE: Rankings - Top Ten"
Copied from the live thread:

1) Gina. One of the few times she's seemed to feel the song.
2) Melinda. I always, always liked this song, so that may be a factor.
3) Phil. Phil? I guess the creepy stalker persona works for him.
4) Blake. Still the best male, but not the best song tonight.
5) Jordin. Eh.
6) Lakisha. Starting to slip away.
7) Haley. Competent, but that's all.
8) Chris R. A dud after last week's home run.
9) Chris S. Bye.
10) Sanjaya. There were a few moments in the song when he seemed to have a clue. But not enough. Compared to him, Anthony Fedorov and John Stevens were superstars.

I think the bottom three will consist of three of these four: Chris S., Chris R., Haley, Lakisha. No matter how bad Sanjaya does, he seems to survive. You can't get rid of him.

Like a cockroach.

agman 11166 desperate attention whore postings

03-28-07, 05:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail agman Click to send private message to agman Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
31. "RE: Rankings - Top Ten"

> No matter
>how bad Sanjaya does, he
>seems to survive. You
>can't get rid of him.
>
>
>Like a cockroach.
I think your'e right and I further think that this cockroach is going to laugh all the way to the bank. When this show ends he will have tons of offers. Remember all the attention William Hung got after his disaster of a tryout? Sanjaya is more talented than that so I could see him turn this whole contest into a great spring board for him. After all that verbage I just used....I still wish he would hurry up and get voted off!

Sig by Snidget!

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •