The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"CBS feature report for local affiliates has possible minor spoilers"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

SurvivorBlows 15230 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

02-08-02, 11:22 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivorBlows Click to send private message to SurvivorBlows Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"CBS feature report for local affiliates has possible minor spoilers"
Well, CBS released a feature video story for their local stations Wednesday -- a quick feature with CBS reporter Bob Winsor reporting from the island (some of you might have seen it on your local newscasts.)

In my mind there were three clear possible minor spoliers from it:

- Verification that John is "the gay one" (big shocker)
- "Momma" nickname (probably Patricia?)
- "The General" nickname for... Robert????

Does Particia being called "Momma" mean anything? ...does she endear herself to her castmates and keep herself from being the first to be boooted off or is the nickname just a name that she brought from home with her? Bob Winsor's comment was "THERE'S EVEN A WOMAN THEY CALL MOMMA" but not explanation as to WHY.

Momma's soundbite:

MOMMA: "Well -- I'm going to make these people think they can't live without me - maybe they think that they need a nice momma"

...my guess is she told the others to call her Momma.

John's info:

He is introduced by the reportes as "a gay nurse from Omaha who's the ultimate Survivor fan" and mentions his tattoo of "outwit, outplay, outlast" in latin on his arm.

Robert:

Robert is introduced as "the one they call the general." His soubdbite is "I'm the General and that's all there is to it" Cocky huh?

Overall, a bit interesting.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: CBS feature report for local af... dangerkitty 02-08-02 1
   RE: CBS feature report for local af... Rose Red 02-08-02 2
       Clarifying dangerkitty 02-08-02 3
           RE: Clarifying Rose Red 02-08-02 4
               RE: Clarifying TheWanderer 02-08-02 5
                   RE: Clarifying Loree 02-08-02 6
                       RE: Clarifying dangerkitty 02-08-02 7
               Rob/Robert Clarifying Outfrontgirl 02-09-02 10
 Omissions AyaK 02-08-02 8
   Sonja, Debb, Diane = a Pat cover-u... Rose Red 02-09-02 9

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

dangerkitty 1913 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

02-08-02, 11:59 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dangerkitty Click to send private message to dangerkitty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: CBS feature report for local affiliates has possible minor spoilers"
Interesting, webby!

I wonder if the "momma" thing is a bit of misdirection - Patricia is the most "obvious" first bootee, but we had a "mama" go all the way to final 2 last time. I bet you are right, she is the one pushing the "momma" nickname.

Hmmm, MB cast someone who is an avowed "ultimate Survivor fan" - maybe we will finally have someone with a clue as to strategy! At least, if we make the assumption that he has studied the first 3 seasons, we will have some common ground for analyzing his behaviour. Well, I'm hoping so, anyway.

Robert, Robert, Robert - the "I'm the leader" strategy will just land you face-first in the fire. Well, I'm hoping so, anyway.

dangerkitty

Rose Red 419 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

02-08-02, 12:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Rose%20Red Click to send private message to Rose%20Red Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: CBS feature report for local affiliates has possible minor spoilers"
Well, a couple of interesting things brought up here about John (he'll stay around for awhile) and Robert(leader types need not apply - but then look at Lex. He stayed the end and might have won had he not gotten sick.)

But as for Momma, as opposed to Mama(as in Mamakim)Pat would not have seen S3, before the were all whisked off to the South Seas right? I mean, even though S3 had started airing and they were still stateside, Mamakim was not called that until later on in the game MUCH LATER. Unless Pat is an internet-kinda gal, which she doesn't impress me as. Anybody have the time line on their departure? I know that they were unaware of the upcoming twist.

BTW, I LUV the combination of her two professions- truck assembly and cosmetology. And while there are no tires to change, or vehicles to assemble, I bet she does everyone's hair. Once a hairdresser, always a hairdresser. Take it from one who's been there, (yes, I went to Beauty School, but ended up at the NY Times. A VERY strange twist of fate. But that's my life, fateful and with more twists than MOMENTO.)

02-08-02, 12:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dangerkitty Click to send private message to dangerkitty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "Clarifying"
Ah, I see... just for the record, I meant that CBS/MB meant it as a misdirection. I do realize that Patricia herself would not know of "MamaKim" and have that as a reason. I am speculating that CBS/MB are exploiting her comment to perhaps have us reconsider whether Patricia is an early bootee.

Thanks for pointing out my lack of clarity, Rose! And, when is your autobiography coming out? Should be an interesting read!

dangerkitty

02-08-02, 12:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Rose%20Red Click to send private message to Rose%20Red Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Clarifying"
Gee, Kitty, thanks. That was very sweet of you. That's the nicest thing anyone has ever said to me - on these boards...
And yes, I do consider it. From time to time people have urged me to do just that and I probably will - someday. Right now I am having far too much trouble just surviving...Maybe that's why I like SURVIVOR so much.

MISDIRECTION1 ALREADY! OY VAY! And the show hasn't even started! I think this plays to my theory that we now only need to watch Survivor on BlowsVision and Bunglervision. We've done away with the "television" factor completely.

Again, thank you.

TheWanderer 267 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

02-08-02, 01:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail TheWanderer Click to send private message to TheWanderer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Clarifying"
I stated in another post that I believe (IMHO) that John is the gay one. I think that Rob may be in the closet. No offense, but any single beefy guy like Rob who lives alone with his cat... I just call his masculinity into question.

As for Pat being "Momma" - given the misdirection MB likes to play, she is probably the first to get the boot.

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

02-08-02, 03:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Clarifying"
I saw Rob in a quick clip on a CBS promo the other night and he was saying the other guys will be upset with him for being the best looking guy on the show.

02-08-02, 03:38 PM (EST)
7. "RE: Clarifying"
I'm starting to wonder if the producers treated this season more like the host of Fear Factor does, and encouraged everyone to trash-talk as much as possible.

And for that matter, it does appear that some personalities/occupations have been thrown together for the express purpose of creating conflict - perhaps more overtly than ever before. If so, does that bode well for spoiling? Will it be easier to predict who will get along and who won't, and therefore alliances? And - if so, we now know that alliances can be broken up with whatever version of "the twist" that is visited upon this group. Dare we hope for more entertainment value, at least?

dangerkitty

Outfrontgirl 6830 desperate attention whore postings

02-09-02, 03:42 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Outfrontgirl Click to send private message to Outfrontgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "Rob/Robert Clarifying"
This is still easy to mix up at this stage:
Rob is the one who looks like he works out a lot, talks about being too good looking. On Mara tribe.

Robert is the beefy tatooed guy with the "General" soundbyte. On Rotu with John and Gabe.

They're both Italian: Robert DeCanio. Rob Mariano.
With any luck, ONE will go before the merge.

Both are listed as single. Rob lives with cat. Robert apparently lives with voodoo doll. Whatever gets you off, as they say.

Hey, for all we know the two of them end up as an item on the show.

Thanks Webby, for posting this. I am SOOO jealous of everyone catching these promos. I've seen NOTHING on TV but the Early Show.

AyaK 10426 desperate attention whore postings

02-08-02, 07:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AyaK Click to send private message to AyaK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "Omissions"
LAST EDITED ON 02-08-02 AT 07:53 PM (EST)

Like Webby, I also saw this report. There was a very interesting omission -- two of the survivors weren't named, just identified by their occupations ("crime reporter" -- Tammy -- and "bowling alley owner" -- Peter). All of the other survivors were named, and all of them said something except for Rob.

Now -- we already have Bungler's vidcaps that seem to indicate Peter is the first one booted, due to his absense during the walk to what must be an E2 challenge. Seems to me that the failure to use his name in this report further confirms his "early-out" status. But what does that say about Tammy's longetivity?

02-09-02, 01:47 AM (EST)
9. "Sonja, Debb, Diane = a Pat cover-up?"
The absolute ironclad predictability of the first bootee is A BIG FLAW inherent in the first episode of Survivor. It is the episode, which gets the most hype(except the last) and has to kick ass, kick off and excite viewers as well as having the extraordinarly onus of having to INTRODUCE SIXTEEN CHARACTERS AT ONCE. Now, all this Peter (preposterous) vs. Gina(more likely) hypeola that MB has already stirred up with this abundance of CAREFULLY CHOSEN VID CAPS may mean only one thing = he's desparately trying to hide the obvious.

It's Pat.

Wasn't that the name of an awful movie based on SNL?

Also, since when has MB given us this LUSH, OVER-ABUNDANCE, THIS CORNUCOPIA of information, promos and vid caps. I mean, we're being INUNDATED! Aren't we? I'm still sort of a newbie so I don't really have anything to compare this to, but it does seem a bit desparate and excessive and yes, the ratings have slipped, so he's already playing his trump cards all over the place.
SARAH, the black bikini babe, is featured in more vidcaps that ANYONE else.(Thanks JkokoJ for counting them all for us. Phew!)

And by throwing UNCLE CAMERAMAN'S ELBOW into the shot that is driving everyone crazy, I think he's saying,"This isn't for real."

Remember last season, way back in Africa, when Ethan's torch was JUST OUT OF CAMERA RANGE IN A PAN!?!?!?!? And everybody went crazy and thought Ethan was gone?!? Well, NOT! He won! So, I think this "Hide (the) Peter" is the same kind of Red Herring. It's starting to smell like one. Or my name isn't...well, I won't go there AGAIN...

One of the worse things about the S3 kick off was that the loud, blue collar, bossy woman, Diane, grabbed the map and started telling everyone what to do, JUST LIKE DEBB DID and they didn't like it ONE BIT in S2 and they didn't like in S3. It's Deja Vu all over again. Although with all the gay rumors flying about Gaybreel(ballet dancer and figure skater and companion to an older man, c'mon) I think that beats Rob's "lives alone with his cat". So MB may have a gay male COUPLE (John and Gaybreel) on THE SAME TEAM with Lobster Woman! Where was this shot Fire Island?

OK, Peppy, I'm putting down the keyboard now.

(Herring)

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •