The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Survivor2 application question"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Fanatic Forum (Protected)
Original message

JerseyJim2 4 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

08-09-00, 11:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail JerseyJim2 Click to send private message to JerseyJim2 Click to check IP address of the poster
"Survivor2 application question"
To all of you applicants. I was wondering how you all made your video? Low key?Crazy off the wall? or a little of both. If I don't make it to be interviewed(and I'm not holding my breath) I'll maybe have a head start on next years application.
PS. What about the snakes and crocs in Aus.? Isn't anyone the least bit concerned?

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Survivor2 application question RDIheath 08-14-00 1
   RE: Survivor2 application question JerseyJim2 08-14-00 2
       RE: Survivor2 application question RDIheath 08-15-00 3
 RE: Survivor2 application question Tortuga 08-15-00 4
   RE: Survivor2 application question George Tirebiter 08-18-00 5
       RE: Survivor2 application question Vassago 08-24-00 6

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

RDIheath 59 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

08-14-00, 10:33 AM (EST)
Click to EMail RDIheath Click to send private message to RDIheath Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Survivor2 application question"
I started off my video with a shot of the survivor II logo and digeridoo ( sp?) music in the background. faded to me sitting in the hammoch chair in my living room with my 7 month old son and explained who I was and what I felt I could bring to the show. i.e. Past counselor, group dynamics educator, wilderness team building trainer, and avid single track mountain biker, softball and basketball player, rock climbing ets. then said that we made a video of survival in the outback or as close to it as we could get being from wehre we are from, cut to a scene of me sitting on a fallen tree, garbed in survival clothing and face painted w/ mud at the edge of the water on a small island in the river with a spear. talked for a bit about being on the show and then sang a little ditty about winning the mill and then took off after " dinner" a crock, end with a cut of the crocodile hunter wrestling a croc

As for the snakes and crocks, not afraid in the least, they wouldnt put you in a crock infested area for liability and their own personal safety anyway, not to mention that crocks are primarily salt water and they'll have us in a fresh water area probably well off the coast

JerseyJim2 4 desperate attention whore postings

08-14-00, 09:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail JerseyJim2 Click to send private message to JerseyJim2 Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Survivor2 application question"
Wow,RDI Heath, Your video sounds amazing. You sound like you have alot of info. to offer about Sur.II You should check out Yahoo's Survivor 2 Club(where there are alot of great people who converse daily about the trials and tribulations about getting the "call" and also about what to expect if chosen. It's all good, clean fun. I'm sure you can lend some wise words of wisdom.

RDIheath 59 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

08-15-00, 10:20 AM (EST)
Click to EMail RDIheath Click to send private message to RDIheath Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Survivor2 application question"
Thanks JIM!!!!! Ya know its funny because in the background of the video shot where Im in the river you can hear my 7 month old son jabbering up a storm....mamamamama dadadadada and then eeeeeeeeee!!!!!! it was funny and we decided to leave it in instead of trying to dub over the sound. Im not going to be heartbroken or even upset or disappointed if I dont get a call , I just had fun making the video, filling out the application and then the waiting, I LOVE IT. Hang in there as I saw a report last night on the CBS affiliate that stated that they two reports of the people getting the call were false, and that CBS has pushed back their deadline for the CITY interviews and the calls for them due to the large overwhelming amount of applications that they have received.

Tortuga 3 desperate attention whore postings

08-15-00, 08:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Tortuga Click to send private message to Tortuga Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Survivor2 application question"
Mine started out with the camera panning across my family sitting on a log and the survivor theme going in the background while a voiceover says "The time has come for the Family Council to vote someone out of the family. Think of who you would like to have banished to the outback of Australia." Everyone looks bored or annoyed except me. I'm visible excited about the prospects of voting out my mother. Next comes quick shots of everyone in my entire family (even my dog!) voting against me. Next shot, and the bulk of the spiel which included a Croc Hunter impression and a coconut phone Schtick (phone had Ericson® logo on it), was in the final-words confessional. In the last few seconds a new image rolled onto the screen; I pop up covered in mud, give a broad smile and slowly open my mouth releasing insects. One was kind enough to crawl up the side of my face.
I'm not worried about the critters. The show doesn't want anyone to die. the Crocs are harmless fresh water types and I'm used to dangerous critters in the Arizona desert.
My biggest problem is the wait.I don't know what's worse the wait or the ultimate rejection.

George Tirebiter 2982 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

08-18-00, 12:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail George%20Tirebiter Click to send private message to George%20Tirebiter Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Survivor2 application question"
Wow! I'm amazed that anyone with a brain would have the 'nads to even WANT to be a part of this thing, after finding out that what you're really trying to survive is a bunch of mercenary assholes--and those of us who think we're sooooo clever, criticizing cast members' every move online.

Do you suppose CBS is really going to look for people with something on the ball? or will they try to maximize the not-as-smart-as-he-thinks-he-is Dicque thing? I'd find it much more watchable, with more likeable people on board.

So far, anyway, I'm greatly impressed with the videos outlined! If I were involved in casting, you guys would be at the top of the list! (WOW! someone who's eager to ingest gruesome critters?! what could they possibly dream up to traumatize YOU?) Of course, they might feel threatened by your ability to edit together something more clever than what they've come up with, themselves. I think they really want someone who'll look good on TV, not necessarily anyone with a clue. . . I am looking forward to watching at least a few appearance-fixated bimbos crash and burn out there in the Australian wilderness! (Please, let them last long enough that no amount of plastic surgery, laser-peeling, or cosmetics can conceal their dose of reality. . .)

Oooh--that sounded spiteful, didn't it?

Vassago 2 desperate attention whore postings

08-24-00, 09:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Vassago Click to send private message to Vassago Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Survivor2 application question"
The only thing I didn't like about applying was forking out the 60 bucks for a passport (which I will probably end up never using)

Oh well, at least I can say I have one now

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •