The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Rankings - Top Eleven"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences American Idol General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

Glow 14353 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-21-07, 08:15 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Glow Click to send private message to Glow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Rankings - Top Eleven"
Seriously. What is up with that little girl?

wow is this season boring for me. I know that some of them had great performances last night but aside from Blake? zzzzz

1. Blake “Time of the Season” – loved it! He really made this song current without changing it up too much. It was really really good. And I loved what he was wearing. I’d have liked it more if I could see the tattoos.
2. Jordin “I Who Have Nothing” - !!!!!!! I loved this. She sounded sooooo great.
3. Melinda “As Long As He Needs Me” – Yeah, it was good. She’s a really good singer. *twiddles thumbs* What else am I supposed to say? *yawn*
4. Chris Richardson “Don’t Let the Sun Catch You Crying” – I liked it but I didn’t think it was his best performance to date. (he’s so cute)
5. Chris Sligh “She’s Not There” – It was good. I didn’t like the coming out of the audience thing. Or the “fro patro” thing. I do like his voice.
6. Lakisha “Diamonds Are Forever” – meh. I was hoping she’d do “You’re My World”. This was the wrong choice of song. She would have blown that one away. This one? Not so much. She looked great though.
7. Phil “Tobacco Road” – meh. I was hoping this would be better… but it wasn’t. He sounded pretty good but he just looked uncomfortable. And he needs hair. He needs hair bad.
8. Gina “Paint It Black” – before she starts, she’s at an unfair disadvantage. The last person I heard sing this song was Ryan Star. So I didn’t like it by default. But I do like her.
9. Stephanie “You Don’t Have to Say You Love Me” – I had higher hopes for this. I think she’s in trouble this week.
10. Sanjaya “You Really Got Me” – oh no. *shakes head* What’s up with that little girl?
11. Hayley “Tell Him” – she appears to have a really nice body. I don’t really like her voice at all.

"My name is Tim Riggins and I play fullback." -- Friday Night Lights Wednesdays @ 8 on NBC

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Rankings - Top Eleven geekboy 03-21-07 1
   RE: Rankings - Top Eleven emydi 03-21-07 6
 RE: Rankings - Top Eleven aquariaqueen 03-21-07 2
 RE: Rankings - Top Eleven TanNymph 03-21-07 3
   RE: Rankings - Top Eleven aquariaqueen 03-21-07 4
 RE: Rankings - Top Eleven emydi 03-21-07 5
   RE: Rankings - Top Eleven CTgirl 03-21-07 8
   Ryan Star - Painted Black CattyChat 03-21-07 14
 RE: Rankings - Top Eleven agman 03-21-07 7
   RE: Rankings - Top Eleven FlowerChild 03-21-07 9
       RE: Rankings - Top Eleven zazzy 03-21-07 10
           RE: Rankings - Top Eleven nailbone 03-21-07 16
 RE: Rankings - Top Eleven zazzy 03-21-07 11
 RE: Rankings - Top Eleven Lisapooh 03-21-07 12
   RE: Rankings - Top Eleven tamarama 03-21-07 26
   RE: Rankings - Top Eleven Bob Loblaw 03-27-07 35
 RE: Rankings - Top Eleven CattyChat 03-21-07 13
   Spamalot!!! tamarama 03-21-07 27
 RE: Rankings - Top Eleven Breezy 03-21-07 15
 RE: Rankings - Top Eleven xwraith27 03-21-07 17
   RE: Rankings - Top Eleven CattyChat 03-21-07 18
       RE: Rankings - Top Eleven xwraith27 03-21-07 19
 RE: Rankings - Top Eleven samboohoo 03-21-07 20
 RE: Rankings - Top Eleven livingthroughmytv 03-21-07 21
 RE: Rankings - Top Eleven iltarion 03-21-07 22
 RE: Rankings - Top Eleven irememberdunkleman 03-21-07 23
 RE: Rankings - Top Eleven priestdi 03-21-07 24
 RE: Rankings - Top Eleven tamarama 03-21-07 25
 RE: Rankings - Top Eleven Colonel Zoidberg 03-22-07 28
 RE: Rankings - Top Eleven bostonrobfan 03-22-07 29
 RE: Rankings - Top Eleven SilverStar 03-26-07 30
   RE: Rankings - Top Eleven zazzy 03-26-07 31
       RE: Rankings - Top Eleven SilverStar 03-26-07 32
           RE: Rankings - Top Eleven geekboy 03-26-07 33
               RE: Rankings - Top Eleven SilverStar 03-26-07 34

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

geekboy 1788 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

03-21-07, 08:37 AM (EST)
Click to EMail geekboy Click to send private message to geekboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Rankings - Top Eleven"
What a strange night. I came in with low expectations, and pretty much everyone stepped up last night and it was a completely different show than last week.

Was it the theme? Was it the mentors? Were the songs from the 60's that much better than than what the contestants have been singing?

I think its easier to do a couple groups of the contestants.

Top of the heap
===================
Melinda - she hasn't had an 'off' night yet
Lakisha - I loved it, i loved the hair, i loved the performance
Blake - He finally nailed what he's been trying to do for a longtime. Excellent performance
Chris S - This guy's vocals are amazing.
Chris R - Best performance yet. Yes, cut the runs, dawg.
Jordin - She's good, but i don't believe she'll win it all. She still bugs me though.

Mid-tier this week
=========================
Gina - I love her, but my wife nailed it. She needs to work on her enunciation. When she starts to rock out, the words all blur together.
Stephanie - I don't think she will be around all that much longer. I think she's peaked, and its not good enough.
Sanjaya - I must admit, i loved it. I'm sure he's safe this week

Bottom of the barrel
==========================
Phil - I simply hated the performance, and the song.
Haley - meh. I think she needed a bit more 'support'.

Haley, its time to go.

geekboy

I love puppies! S. Cowell

emydi 13669 desperate attention whore postings

03-21-07, 09:06 AM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Rankings - Top Eleven"
LAST EDITED ON 03-21-07 AT 09:09 AM (EST)

to be fair to Gina though...does anyone but Mick and Ryan glowie know the words to Painted Black?

aquariaqueen 2616 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

03-21-07, 08:43 AM (EST)
Click to EMail aquariaqueen Click to send private message to aquariaqueen Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Rankings - Top Eleven"
Surprisingly, I enjoyed this show better than other weeks.
What concerns me is that some great performances will be overshadowed by more lively ones.

All in all, show was better last night, however, when I get up during performances to check my email or dust the furniture, it's still boring!!!

I think there were seasons I was afraid to leave the TV in fear of missing out on something spectacular.

TanNymph 309 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

03-21-07, 08:47 AM (EST)
Click to EMail TanNymph Click to send private message to TanNymph Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Rankings - Top Eleven"
I agree it was kinda boring.

1. Melinda - Started slow but by the end I had chills.
2. Blake - Really liked this. He has a very nice voice.
3. Jordin - Great job, fantastic.
4. Chris R. - I like him better when he just sings and doesn't do all the runs. It was his best performance for me.
5. Lakisha - Agree with Glow. She should have sang a different song. She sang it well but just didn't blow me away. She did look lovely.
6. Gina - I liked it. She did miss a few notes, but I'd rather watch her than the rest. Ryan was much, much better and more fun to watch.
7. Chris S. - It was ok, nothing special.
8. Haley - I thought it was her best showing. She is probably in danger especially since she went first.
9. Stephanie - It was ok. She can do better.
10. Sanjaya - It was his best showing. It still wasn't good though. At least his hair seemed to be back to normal.
11. Phil - Just not a fan. He does need hair.

aquariaqueen 2616 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

03-21-07, 08:50 AM (EST)
Click to EMail aquariaqueen Click to send private message to aquariaqueen Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Rankings - Top Eleven"

>11. Phil - Just not a
>fan. He does need
>hair.

He creeps me out, I think the "Upside Down Show" is missing one of their actors!!!

emydi 13669 desperate attention whore postings

03-21-07, 09:04 AM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Rankings - Top Eleven"
LAST EDITED ON 03-21-07 AT 11:50 AM (EST)

It's weird I find that there are 3 groups of people this year...

Those who can 1 really sing and aren't the best performers, 2 those who can sing just not quite as well as group 1 but are fantastic performers and then 3 the rest...(i.e. the Professor and Marianne)

1. Melinda Lakisha Jordin Chris S
2. Chris R Blake Gina
3. Phil Haley Sanjaya Stephanie

I'm really loving the 2nd group!

1. Blake “Time of the Season” – THIS WAS FREAKIN AMAZING!! best of his performances and one of the best this year overall. I watched it last nite on TIVO starting at 10:30 pm edt and started voting for Blake after he sang..I voted the rest of the time for about 1/2 hour and I NEVER GOT A BUSY SIGNAL...what is up with that?!??

Glowie..I loved his clothes too and his dancing and beat boxing were GREAT here absolutely perfect. I want him to win this thing!

2. Melinda “As Long As He Needs Me” – She is the BEST singer but I get what you are saying Glowie

3. Jordin “I Who Have Nothing” - She sounded great.

4. Chris Richardson “Don’t Let the Sun Catch You Crying” – I really liked this from Chris (hey Glowie did you go to Monday's show ) He did showcase his singing in this song..I was a bit surprised he is that good

5. Chris Sligh “She’s Not There” – I liked this..he sang it very well...I agree glowie about audience--Paula was right he seemed aloof..if you're gonna do that you have to work it

6. Gina “Painted Black” – well I didn't watch Rock Star so I don't know but I really liked it...she is so different and refreshing and I did not agree with Simon that it was a horrible singing performance.

7. Hayley “Tell Him” – this was her best performance and she picked a good song for her...the outfit tho yikes...going for the male vote are we?

8. Phil “Tobacco Road” – I liked this from Phil...but I agree with Simon he may be in trouble...but I don't think it will be him to go this week.

9. Lakisha “Diamonds Are Forever” – I agree Glowie she should have done “You’re My World”. Simon was right on about it being her in 50 years...I did not like this performance very much.

10. Stephanie “You Don’t Have to Say You Love Me” – She is getting blown away by MLJ. She probably won't make tour. And am I that out of touch but I thought her outfit was uck...with the dark boots and the strapless hot blue dress...I thought matching blue heels would have been better or a different color dress if you stick with the boots...but hey I'm no fashionita

11. Sanjaya “You Really Got Me” – this was just really weird... and to answer your question glowie...someone shot her puppy

tribey is my American Idol!

CTgirl 8013 desperate attention whore postings

03-21-07, 09:28 AM (EST)
Click to EMail CTgirl Click to send private message to CTgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Rankings - Top Eleven"
I agree totally on the three groups. I look forward to seeing Blake, Gina and Chris R., the rest are nice singers but don't excite me. I thought this was the most entertaining show so far this season.

1. Blake,"Time of the Season" – Great take on the Zombies AND I like his voice. I lvoe him!
2. Melinda, "As Long As He Needs Me," – Her voice is great but I’d like to see her perform something more lively. All her songs are running together for me – great voice, boring song.
3. Chris S.,"She's Not There" – He has a lovely voice and I really liked this. Not so sure about his attitude though.
4. Lakisha, “Diamonds Are Forever,” – She goofed not following Lulu’s advice. I think she’s going to pull a Mandisa and pick a terrible song one week and risk going home early. Jordin's coming up strong.
5. Jordin, “I Who Have Nothing,” She sang it beautifully but I didn’t enjoy it for it was way too gloomy!
6. Sanjaya, "You Really Got Me" – with a growl in his voice, Wow! I had a hard time believing this was the same huluing boy from a few weeks ago!
7. Phil, “Tobacco Road,” – I liked his version better than the original.
8. Haley, “I Know Something About Love,” – This was her best performance and it was fun. I think we know who her fan base is now and she could be safe for a few more weeks!
9. Chris R., “Don’t Let the Sun Catch You Crying,” He is very likeable and he’s growing on me. In fact I look forward to his performance every week even though I don’t like his voice.
10. Stephanie, “You Don’t Have to Say You Love Me,” - She sang the chorus really well but it was too slow leading up to that. She’s getting lost in the divas.
11. Gina, “Paint It Black,” – It pains me to put her here. But she didn’t do a good job.

CattyChat 3379 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

03-21-07, 11:14 AM (EST)
Click to EMail CattyChat Click to send private message to CattyChat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "Ryan Star - Painted Black"
This is what all you non-RockStar watchers missed. Yummy!!!

http://www.vidilife.com/video_play_775305_Ryan_Star_Painted_Black_by_The_Rolling_Stones.htm

One nation, under Romber...

agman 11166 desperate attention whore postings

03-21-07, 09:24 AM (EST)
Click to EMail agman Click to send private message to agman Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Rankings - Top Eleven"
I noticed that girl seemed to cry for alot of people. She cried durning lakishas preformance and through sanjaya's. Maybe she knows that this season is boring and she was really just bored to tears! In all fairness though, I will say that I thought Sanjaya did the best I've ever seen him do. I don't think he should go home this week! (I cannot believe I just wrote that!) Hayley or phil should be sent packing this week. Probably Haley.....although I would rather look at her than phil

FlowerChild 1168 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

03-21-07, 09:58 AM (EST)
Click to EMail FlowerChild Click to send private message to FlowerChild Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Rankings - Top Eleven"
That fricking crying girl was CREEPING ME OUT!!
Who is she? Why is she crying so much?
Someone give her a popsicle.

That is all for now.

zazzy 4390 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

03-21-07, 10:25 AM (EST)
Click to EMail zazzy Click to send private message to zazzy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Rankings - Top Eleven"
IMO she is getting her first hormones running amuck in her body and, hence, the tears were because she was overwhelmed to see her favs up close--and if you talk with other prepubescent kids they like Sanjaya, Lakisha, Chris R....

nailbone 27263 desperate attention whore postings

03-21-07, 11:19 AM (EST)
Click to EMail nailbone Click to send private message to nailbone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Rankings - Top Eleven"
It's akin to the reactions of girls in the audience when the Beatles were on the Ed Sullivan show...or the little teenies at a Kelly Clarkson concert.

03-21-07, 10:43 AM (EST)
Click to EMail zazzy Click to send private message to zazzy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Rankings - Top Eleven"
Lakisha's apparel: did Simon wake up in the last week and figure out that Lakisha and Melinda are both looking a lot older than their years? And that their sales appeal may be more limited?

Melinda had a cute new hair style and she did not have to wear a dress!

Lakisha looked great, despite what Simon said. Her style fit her song.

Blake--if you save the pants, you will have something to wear when you are 83! Loved your performance!

Sanjaya looked good--in garb and hair.

Gina was looking cute; Haley beamed with confidence; Chris Sligh needs more help in the style department and so does Phil.

Jordin is being groomed to be TCO, the chosen one.

Stephanie needed more help. Chris R looks the same all the time to me.

Lisapooh 12664 desperate attention whore postings

03-21-07, 11:08 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Lisapooh Click to send private message to Lisapooh Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Rankings - Top Eleven"
LAST EDITED ON 03-21-07 AT 11:11 AM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 03-21-07 AT 11:10 AM (EST)

1. Jordin I can't believe this is a 17 year old. I find her adorable and genuine and much better than I thought she would be. I admire that she shows some restraint and control. If I could sing like that, I'd be belting out every note screaming look at me!

2. Blake He's a great performer and a sexy little troll. He totally stole my jammie pants though. I loved it. Vocally, he's limited, but he's charismatic and self assured enough to overcome that.

3. Melinda I expect her to kick ass every week and she does. She's a phenomenal singer. I want her to surprise us though - it's time to stretch yourself and grow. Otherwise, someone is gonna slide right past you.

4. Lakisha - Honey - where is the joy? You've got the world at your fingertips right now, so lighten up a little bit. Simon was right - this was dated and phoned in. She's a great singer, I don't know if she's a great artist.

5. Chris Richardson He is so overrated that it's not even funny. But I was glad to hear him actually sing this week. He's cute but he can't just be Justin 2.0 - unless he's hoping for a career at Legends in Concert at the Imperial Palace. Then he's right on track.

6. Haley Scarnato - you know what - this was serviceable and fun. The energy was great- the interaction was great. She knows what to do to stay in this competition - it's be the anti Lakisha/Melinda/Jordin. She's a poppy performer - nothing wrong with that. I thought the Exciters did tell him though. Love that song.

7. Chris Sligh yeah, yeah, yeah - vocally he was fine. He is so arrogant though. And I LOATHE the way he talks to the judges "No, Simon, I get what Randy is saying" Dude - you are not their PEER. You are not equal to them and should if not defer - at least be cognizant of your status relative to theirs. I get that he wants to win and I get that there's nothing wrong with being calculating to give yourself the best chance. But from the humor at his first audition to right now, I don't think he's done one genuine thing. He's pretty hollow for a fat guy.

8. Phil I'm vehemently oppossed to the death penalty and I read up on a lot of cases. Every time I see Phil, I am reminded of how much he looks like the death row mug shots I've seen. When I see Phil, I don't see American Idol, I see meth head convenience store killer. That's so not good.

9. Gina I like her in theory. In execution, not so much.

10. Stephanie I lvoe Dusty Springfield - this didn't work on any kind of level. No charisma and totally overshadowed by Melinda/Lakisha/Jordin. What makes you unique Stephanie? The fact that you're 19 going on 40?

11. Sanjaya - let the kid go home. This can't be good for his self-esteem. He seems like a nice young man (despite the Michael Jackson thing) but he doesn't belong here and I don't think he wants to be here either.

tamarama 1785 desperate attention whore postings

03-21-07, 09:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tamarama Click to send private message to tamarama Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: Rankings - Top Eleven"
>>Blake...a sexy little troll.<<

Yes yes yes.

>>Lakisha...She's a great singer, I don't know if she's a great artist<<

VERY well put.

Bob Loblaw 46 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

03-27-07, 09:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bob%20Loblaw Click to send private message to Bob%20Loblaw Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
35. "RE: Rankings - Top Eleven"
>He's
>pretty hollow for a fat
>guy.
>

Funniest thing I've ever read on these boards. You da man....

03-21-07, 11:09 AM (EST)
Click to EMail CattyChat Click to send private message to CattyChat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Rankings - Top Eleven"
I really enjoyed last night, but will have to watch it again, because I'm not sure if I was in post-musical euphoria after enjoying 1st row tix at Spamalot and laughing my butt off.

1. Jordin “I Who Have Nothing” - Each week I am liking Jordin more and getting more bored with Melinda. This was a fantastic performance, both vocally & emotionally. Jordin could be the next Mariah/Whitney and so much more likeable, normal and less cracky.

2. Blake “Time of the Season” – Blake has what it takes to be the real next Timberfake. He's hip, he can move and he has artistry and talent. I loved the arrangement, though his vocals at times were a bit thin. For his style, he doesn't need to have powerful point on vocals. Get this boy a deal now.

3. Melinda “As Long As He Needs Me” – I was bored, but I can't deny she sang the heck out of that song. See above comments for Jordin.

4. Chris Sligh “She’s Not There” – He really can sing, but I'm losing interest. Still better & more interesting than many others.

5. Sanjaya “You Really Got Me” – What??? I can't believe I ranked him this high, but where in the heck did that come from???? THAT was an interesting, lively performance. Finally he is breaking out of his shell. He gets extra points for finally coming alive. He gets extra points for bringing cute little tweens to tears of joy. Little girls need their singer heart-throbs, so for the children, I say keep Sanjaya on. I don't see him going the way of Britney & Lindsay. Sometimes I forget this show is for kids, too. Sanjaya is good clean fun.

6. Hayley “Tell Him” – What?? Hayley made strides last night. Perfect song choice for her, she looked great and didn't fall apart during the song. That said, she is still one of the weakest singers.

7. Gina “Paint It Black” – Not great, but since she's the only rocker(?) in the competition (Sajaya is rocker-lite this week), I want Gina to stay a wee bit longer. She's hit or miss vocally, though, and she really needs to tighten that up.

8. Chris Richardson “Don’t Let the Sun Catch You Crying” – I agree it was his best performance to date, the only one I sort of liked. He still does nothing for me. Blake blows him out of the park in presence, personality, dancing and even singing. (Sowwy, Glowie )

9. Lakisha “Diamonds Are Forever” – I really want to rank LaKIKIsha lower, because I sense serious Divatude oozing from her pores. The song was blah. The fact that she basically dissed Lulu's suggestion to sing the other song, really got under my skin. It would be one thing if Lulu just said it might be better, but Lulu was doing some serious campaigning to get LaKikisha to choose the right song and shine. She needs to be taken down a peg.

10. Phil “Tobacco Road” – Overall, Phil is bottom of the barrel for me. Nothing about him is appealing. However, vocally he did better than Stephanie.

11. Stephanie “You Don’t Have to Say You Love Me” – I am still dumbfounded by how terrible she was last night. Never expected her to be so off-key. It's a shame that one bad performance will probably cost her a top 10 slot (though I still hope Phil goes home.)

One nation, under Romber...

03-21-07, 09:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tamarama Click to send private message to tamarama Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "Spamalot!!!"
Is that not THE FUNNIEST THING you have EVER seen in your life?

I loved it too.

Breezy 18380 desperate attention whore postings

03-21-07, 11:14 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Breezy Click to send private message to Breezy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Rankings - Top Eleven"
1. Blake- I enjoyed it, not the best vocals of the competition but best performer.

2. Melinda- Girl can sing, needs to get unboring though.

3. Jordin- Nice voice control.

4. Chris S.- I like his voice.

5. Lakisha- Didn't enjoy it as much.

6. Gina- Damn I wanted her to nail it.

7. Chris R.- *sigh* Can't we get rid of Justinjr and below right now instead of in 4 weeks?

8. Stephanie- borrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrring

9. Hayley- Only this high because she made me LMAO at all her jiggling.

10. Phil- Gack.

11. Sanjaya- that was physically painful to listen to and watch.

Save a horse, ride a cowboy.

xwraith27 1136 desperate attention whore postings

03-21-07, 11:20 AM (EST)
Click to EMail xwraith27 Click to send private message to xwraith27 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Rankings - Top Eleven"
1. Jordin - She reminds me of both Diana deGarmo and Jennifer Hudson. She wasn't the best singer of the night, but she deserves to be at the top spot at least once.

2. Melinda - Great vocals, but a bit boring.

3. Lakisha - I think it's good that she's steering clear of the huge belter ballads and going for more controlled performances with a few big parts. The only bad thing for me was the arm movements. And speaking of that, I thought her armpits have improved immensely since the first week.

4. Blake - He pulled off the leg move better than Brandon did. Good vocals, but a bit out of tune and strained in parts. I'm still not complaining about the beatboxing. It's his signature thing. BUT, his best performance was that one when he didn't beatbox.

5. Haley - A bit thin in some places, and was more performance than vocals. BUT, it was her best performance so far and this is probably what she'll sing in the album.

6. Chris R. - Didn't like it as much as the judges did, but it WAS his best performance, and it WAS good. I'm just not crazy about it.

7. Chris S. - Good vocals, but I'm starting to not like him again. He's back to interrupting the judges and making self-deprecating comments. I just don't find him funny.

8. Gina - First part was borderline good, but she lost it midway. Plus, as Glowie might probably attest, she's no Ryan Star (single R).

9. Stephanie - I'm couldn't help but compare this against two other versions: Nadia's and an amazing Filipino singer's (Lani Misalucha). This was subpar against both. I thought she should've sung it at a lower key.

10. Phil - Hated it. I can't help but compare it against the Bucky/Chris/Elliott/Taylor medley from last season's finale, and I thought THAT was great. This was just not very believable and shouty.

11. Sanjaya - Three words: Worse.Than.Zayra.

03-21-07, 11:28 AM (EST)
18. "RE: Rankings - Top Eleven"
"Three words: Worse.Than.Zayra."

I agree with you there, because Zayra is GREAT!!! You have to listen to her original stuff.

xwraith27 1136 desperate attention whore postings

03-21-07, 11:37 AM (EST)
Click to EMail xwraith27 Click to send private message to xwraith27 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Rankings - Top Eleven"

Well, in all fairness to Zayra, I thought her original song was great. But her performance of "You Really Got Me"? Made my son cry. And not in the Ashley "I'm Just So Happy To See Them In Person" kinda way.

samboohoo 17173 desperate attention whore postings

03-21-07, 11:57 AM (EST)
Click to EMail samboohoo Click to send private message to samboohoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Rankings - Top Eleven"
1. Jordin: Absolutely beautiful and brilliant. She earned my "rewind and playback" of the night.

2. Blake: Pleasant surprise for me.

3. Melinda: I didn't like the song, but I like her voice. I can't help, however, but wonder if she spent her life locked up in a bomb shelter ala Brendan Fraizer's character in "Blast from the Past."

4. Lakisha: I'm probably one of the only ones who really liked this. I kept thinking about her singing the opening song of a Bond movie.

5. Chris Sligh: I like him, and I'm glad he put the glasses back on.

6. Chris Richardson: Nothing really grabbed me in this performance. When he sang "Geek in the Pink," I had to purchase that song the next day. This did nothing for me.

7. Phil: Meh. But I thought he was better than the ones below him.

8. Stephanie: This is one of my favorite songs of all time. I wish one of the other girls (Jordin, Lakisha or Melinda had chosen it). Not her best performance.

9. Gina: I like the rocker girl, but I thought she tried to hard and ended up killing it.

10. Hayley: Another meh.

11. Sanjaya: I'm with Simon. I think the little girl's face says it all.

Clear eyes, full hearts, can't lose.

livingthroughmytv 70 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

03-21-07, 02:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail livingthroughmytv Click to send private message to livingthroughmytv Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: Rankings - Top Eleven"
1. Jordin: She totally stole the show for me. Lakisha and Melinda should look out.

2. Blake: Far and away the best male. The others aren't even close.

3. Lakisha: I love her attitude and her vocals were great.

4. Melinda: A little boring. Could just be because I hate the song, although she did sing the heck out of it.

5. Chris R: Muuuuuuuch better than last week.

6. Chris S: Good vocals, but his performances just don't really do it for me.

7. Stephanie: Meh.

8. Hayley: Liked her a lot better than last week. Still meh.

9. Phil: Dude, where's my hair?

10. Sanjaya: Just don't get his appeal.

11. Gina: Hate to say it, but she was not good at all.

iltarion 1791 desperate attention whore postings

03-21-07, 02:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail iltarion Click to send private message to iltarion Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: Rankings - Top Eleven"
Some surprisingly great performances. The theme helped since they were all good songs that are very familiar to me. All around great night except for... what is up with the crying girl?? That got old by the 3rd shot.

1. Jordan - WOW. I said last week that she should stick to uptempo songs because she didn't have the emotional depth to make a love song believable. WRONG. It was like she took an acting class between then and now. Amazing performance, both vocally and emotionally.
2. Blake - Took a signature song, which is risky, added a cool vibe too it and performed like a pro once again. He is the best performer of the 11 hands down. I don't know if I would buy an album by him, but I do know I would pay money to see him perform right now. The guy is amazing.
3. Haley - Yeah, I'm a man, and I'm not ashamed to admit that was easily the 3rd best performance of the night for me. She finally put the emphasis on performance instead of vocals, which is what she needs to do. She might be the best female performer. She can dance and she looks great. She needs to use her strengths. And by the way, her vocals were spot on as well.
4. Gina - Gina performed my favorite song of the night, and I have to disagree with the judges. I thought that was an excellent rocked out version of that song. Lesson to be learned: don't sing a song originally done by the opposite sex. Excluding Diana Ross night, everyone who has done it so far has gotten panned.
5. Lakisha - She looked the part, and she could have been the original singer of that song for all I knew. Great vocal once again. Not tops because not much of a performance and because it was very similar to what she did last week.
6. Melinda - Yeah, yeah, yeah, she can do no wrong, and yeah, she is probably the best singer, but she picked the most boring song and showed me nothing new. Great vocal but not memorable.
7. Sanjaya - WOW, where did that come from? Sanjaya the rocker? He might have found a niche. He let loose and finally came up with a good performance.
8. Chris S - Great song and that was only a mediocre performance of it. He didn't quite hit the high notes during the chorus and his walk thru the crowd distracted him during the verses.
9. Chris R - Excellent song, again, and that was a rather poor version of it. That song is a serenade. Well, how can you be serenaded by someone who sings in the same pitch throughout the entire song? His voice is too high for that song. He didn't even try to hit the lower notes. Very weak. The judges continue to give him mad props though. Its a mystery to me.
10. Stephanie - Great song, and that song is just too big for her. That is the bottom-line. She was drowned out by the back-up singers and never dominated the stage. That song is like a Whitney/Mariah song. You have to bring the thunder or don't bring it at all.
11. Phil - I don't know what dude was thinking. He tried the rock-out thing that worked for Sanjaya, I guess, but the song didn't fit him at all. I actually agree with Simon 100% on this one. You need grit in your voice to sing that song. Phil doesn't have it.

I pray Phil or Stephanie are gone, though I don't really care if any guy goes as long as it isn't Blake. I don't want to see Haley or Gina gone. They performed well and deserve to last for one more week at least.

irememberdunkleman 23 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

03-21-07, 02:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail irememberdunkleman Click to send private message to irememberdunkleman Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: Rankings - Top Eleven"
My rankings were very similar to yours:

Jordin

Blake

Melinda

Lakisha

Chris Richardson

Chris Sligh

Stefanie

Haley

Phil

Gina

Sanajaya

I posted explanations for this here: http://www.irememberdunkleman.blogspot.com

priestdi 378 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

03-21-07, 04:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail priestdi Click to send private message to priestdi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: Rankings - Top Eleven"
Melinda -- it wasn't as amazing as I'd hoped, but still the best. And simon is so full of crap. Randy praises her timing, meaning she started it low-key and then built it. And Simon says he "agrees with Randy" because it began "boring." you can't see the other twos reaction to that, just the edge of paula's hair as she swings her head to look at Randy in disbelief.

Jordin and Blake -- sort of tied, liked them both lots but they're too different to compare, for me, this time.

Sanjaya -- OK. he totally won a spot on the Idol tour with that. he's hotter than the Tiger Beat pinups from my day, by a mile. lmao. that was inspired.

LaKisha -- gorgeous voice, but hits me in an eh sort of way. something about her doesn't work for me. I'm making assumptions about her personality that undermine her voice for me.

Haley -- I have no idea why she's way up here. lol. she just is. I liked her tonight. But I swear shorts and halters came 10 years later. Hot though. very hot. Simon certainly liked it. No way he doesn't do women.

Chris Sligh -- he's getting boring. I don't care anymore how he does. He sang well, but you know what? I agreed with Paula, he didn't work the crowd well. Simon simply was wrong on that one. Walking through the crowd while totally ignoring every single person reaching out to him was NOT a good tactic.

Gina -- I guess I'm the only one of the planet who thought she was ripped off? I thought she took huge, huge chances in the middle of that song. pitchy? I thought she did that part on purpose. It wasn't perfect, but man was it risky -- and hard.

Phil -- I really don't get why they like him so much.

Stephanie -- kinda bad. bummer.

Chris R -- I really thought that sucked. thin voice, nasally. and wow did the judges pimp him.

03-21-07, 08:32 PM (EST)
25. "RE: Rankings - Top Eleven"
Totally missed everything last night, trying to jam it in now...
I know it's old news & way too late, but I can't resist a rankings thread.

Jordin - DAMN GIRL!!!! That was amazing. To have that much control over that big an instrument at her tender age is unbelievable. Especially when you consider how long the phrases are in that song -- compared to Stephanie losing her breath completely midway through her song (with much shorter phrases).

Blake - kicked arse. I enjoy him more & more each week. I think he could actually win this.

Chris S. - Sounded great, loved the song choice. I think he would have been better off NOT going through the audience because it's not an easy song & I think it threw his concentration. Yay. Thank you Chris. (And no overt 'strategy' either)

Melinda - This is the one song that really struck me as off-theme. It's also not one of my favorite showtunes - even though I know it's been covered, to me it doesn't really survive out of context of the show. and if ever there were a cabaret performance on AI, this was it. BUT, Melinda is without a doubt the best singer here...so...

Haley - surprise, I liked it, and I liked Lulu's comments about how there's a place for small voices too -- after all, Streisand has a small voice (yeah, I know that Haley's no Streisand). I still don't think she can win, but good for her.

Lakisha actually had pitch problems! Color me shocked. I was also shocked that some spots were too low for her. Agree with Simon that it was really 'old.' After all of that though, she's still one of the best singers here.

Gina - When we were guessing songs, I said no one should sing the Stones because they're all about attitude, not singing. I still think that. So I chalk up Simon's "style over content" comment more to the Stones than Gina. She did fine, but she's still not gritty enough for me. Love the haircut though.

Sanjaya - Oh Sanjaya. Actually not the disaster I thought it would be, but really - the Kinks? Good for him for trying something different though. He's going to be hot about in about 10 years. Agree with Noone - his problem is not lack of talent, it's youth.

Phil - It sounded good, but...it was kinda odd from him. Hm? He's still really inconsistent with the pitch too.

Chris R - still singing through his nose, and he still changed the melody all over the place. I don't like singers that can't sing the damn melody. Hated it.

Stephanie - don't care for her singing...she's had some really weird performances, and this was another one. It was clearer here that she scoops all over the place & it messes with her pitch big-time. It also makes me uncomfortable listening to it. Forever askew (or 'not orthagonal')

Never thought I'd have Melinda & LaKisha that low, but for this week, yeah.

Final thought: How much to you ADORE Lulu? How much would you like to see her replace Paula?

Colonel Zoidberg 3662 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

03-22-07, 02:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Colonel%20Zoidberg Click to send private message to Colonel%20Zoidberg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "RE: Rankings - Top Eleven"
1. Lakisha “Diamonds Are Forever” – Still the odds-on favorite, no questions asked. I thought she was good...nay, phenomenal.
2. Chris S. “She’s Not There” - I do like the uniqueness, and the "Bringing Chubby Back", and the 'up yours' to the producers in his parting words.
3. Jordin “I Who Have Nothing” - Talented, yes. Top 4 material, absolutely. Depressing song choice? I was with Simon on that.
4. Melinda “As Long As He Needs Me” - Yaaaaaaaawn. We know she's a good singer. Now if she'd pick some exciting songs and stop with the faux humility...
5. Gina “Paint It Black” - Call it my rock fandom speaking, but I thought it was decent.
6. Phil “Tobacco Road” - He really wasn't bad, but he was a bit frantic.
7. Chris R. “Don’t Let the Sun Catch You Crying” - For what he was going for, he was good. He had no business in the bottom two or three, but he was no thriller.
8. Haley “Tell Him” - Not too exciting. Maybe better than the 1st boot I had her pegged as in my PTTE, but not a chart-topper.
9. Stephanie “You Don’t Have to Say You Love Me” - She didn't deserve to go, unless you factor in that Blake and Sanjaya weren't going anywhere.
10. Blake “Time of the Season” - I must have been watching a different show; I thought he was terrible. He missed notes constantly, and his song choice was atrocious.
11. Sanjaya “You Really Got Me” - Thank VTFW for his existence on this show; that performance almost made me want to duplicate the Crying Girl's act. He's just no damn good anymore.

bostonrobfan 490 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

03-22-07, 03:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bostonrobfan Click to send private message to bostonrobfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
29. "RE: Rankings - Top Eleven"
1. Melinda
2. Jordin
3. Blake
4. Lakisha
5. Chris R.
6. Chris S.
7. Hayley
8. Phil
9. Sanjaya
10. Stephanie
11. Gina

SilverStar 6205 desperate attention whore postings

03-26-07, 09:09 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SilverStar Click to send private message to SilverStar Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
30. "RE: Rankings - Top Eleven"
I'm really late with my rankings, but I wanted to watch the show a 2nd time before I did them and I didn't get a chance until this weekend. So anyway...

1. Blake -- LOVED this. Very sexy, very cool.

2. Jordin -- Beautiful. I had never heard this song before, but now I love it. Her best performance.

3. Chris R -- I'm not sure why so many don't like him. I thought he did a great job on this song and his smile is just adorable. I hope he sticks around. I'll be voting for him tomorrow.

4. Melinda -- Meh. What Glow said. I'm starting to get bored.

5. Chris S. -- I liked this. Maybe my favorite performance from him. I've never been a big fan of his, but I thought this was good.

6. LaKisha -- Good vocals, boring song and performance.

7. Haley -- This was cute. Much better than usual.

8. Phil -- The first time I saw this I thought it was horrid. The second time I closed my eyes and just listened and it was better. Still not great though. His higher range makes me cringe.

9. Sanjaya -- Hey, he had fun. He finally projected his voice instead of singing in a whisper. Some parts were laughable, but overall much better than anything he's done before.

10. Stephanie -- Eh. It was alright. She was drawing each note out too long. It was annoying me.

11. Gina -- Ugh. I hated this. I want to like Gina, but she has been terrible the past few weeks.

Handcrafted by RollDdice, Inspired by Monstah

03-26-07, 10:15 AM (EST)
31. "RE: Rankings - Top Eleven"
Chris R--I'm not sure why so many like him lol. Please further explain his appeal. I can't get past the nearly shaved head and nasal singing. Agree he has a nice smile, but what else?

03-26-07, 02:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SilverStar Click to send private message to SilverStar Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
32. "RE: Rankings - Top Eleven"
Hmm. I'm not sure how to explain why I like him. The nasally voice doesn't bother me, or rather I should say I don't even notice it. And I like the buzz cut.
In the beginning I didn't think he was very attractive, but he's grown on me. I just think he seems like a really sweet guy, and I think he has a nice voice too. Honestly, I don't even get the whole Timberfake thing. He doesn't remind me of Justin at all.
I do agree that he does too many runs sometimes, but that's why I liked last weeks performance so much. He was just singing, and it didn't seem like he was trying too hard.

To me, he's a cute, sweet, talented guy. That's all the explanation I can give.

geekboy 1788 desperate attention whore postings

03-26-07, 03:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail geekboy Click to send private message to geekboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
33. "RE: Rankings - Top Eleven"
When i saw Chris R's audition, i said to my wife 'He looks like Justin Timberlake', even before Simon made the comment.

How can you NOT see the resemblence?

The hair, the smile, the voice (yes, justin is somewhat nasal at times too), the clothes, the musical style.

It seems pretty evident to me.

I, also, am not a big fan of his. *shrug*

geekboy

I love puppies! S. Cowell

03-26-07, 05:29 PM (EST)
34. "RE: Rankings - Top Eleven"
The hair, I give you.

I'm not saying there isn't a resemblance, just that it is not so obvious to me, and it doesn't get on my nerves like it seems to for some people.

Unlock | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •