The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"CBS Web Site Spoiler -- First Names of the Contestants"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

AyaK 10426 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

02-06-02, 00:01 AM (EST)
Click to EMail AyaK Click to send private message to AyaK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"CBS Web Site Spoiler -- First Names of the Contestants"
LAST EDITED ON 02-06-02 AT 01:40 AM (EST)

This code is currently on the CBS Web site:

http://www.cbs.com/primetime/survivor4/

if you look at the source code:

<area coords="283,58,382,128" href="javascript: openWin('/primetime/survivor4/polls/popularity/frame_gina.html',240,292,'polls',0);">
<area coords="389,58,488,128" href="javascript: openWin('/primetime/survivor4/polls/popularity/frame_hunter.html',240,292,'polls',0);">
<area coords="496,58,595,128" href="javascript: openWin('/primetime/survivor4/polls/popularity/frame_patricia.html',240,292,'polls',0);">
<area coords="602,58,703,128" href="javascript: openWin('/primetime/survivor4/polls/popularity/frame_peter.html',240,292,'polls',0);">
<area coords="283,137,382,209" href="javascript: openWin('/primetime/survivor4/polls/popularity/frame_rob.html',240,292,'polls',0);">
<area coords="389,137,488,209" href="javascript: openWin('/primetime/survivor4/polls/popularity/frame_sarah.html',240,292,'polls',0);">
<area coords="496,137,595,209" href="javascript: openWin('/primetime/survivor4/polls/popularity/frame_sean.html',240,292,'polls',0);">
<area coords="602,137,703,209" href="javascript: openWin('/primetime/survivor4/polls/popularity/frame_vecepia.html',240,292,'polls',0);">
<area coords="283,285,382,356" href="javascript: openWin('/primetime/survivor4/polls/popularity/frame_gabriel.html',240,292,'polls',0);">
<area coords="389,285,488,356" href="javascript: openWin('/primetime/survivor4/polls/popularity/frame_john.html',240,292,'polls',0);">
<area coords="496,285,595,356" href="javascript: openWin('/primetime/survivor4/polls/popularity/frame_kathy.html',240,292,'polls',0);">
<area coords="602,285,703,356" href="javascript: openWin('/primetime/survivor4/polls/popularity/frame_neleh.html',240,292,'polls',0);">
<area coords="283,364,382,438" href="javascript: openWin('/primetime/survivor4/polls/popularity/frame_paschal.html',240,292,'polls',0);">
<area coords="389,364,488,438" href="javascript: openWin('/primetime/survivor4/polls/popularity/frame_robert.html',240,292,'polls',0);">
<area coords="496,364,595,438" href="javascript: openWin('/primetime/survivor4/polls/popularity/frame_tammy.html',240,292,'polls',0);">
<area coords="602,364,703,438" href="javascript: openWin('/primetime/survivor4/polls/popularity/frame_zoe.html',240,292,'polls',0);">

Thus, it appears that the 16 contestants are named:

Gina
Hunter
Patricia (could be s_man's Patricia Jackson)
Peter
Rob
Sarah
Sean (could be snewser's Sean Rector)
Vecepia
Gabriel (could be snewser's Gabriel Cade)
John
Kathy (could be Webby's Kathleen O'Brien)
Neleh
Paschal (could be rumored contestant Paschal English)
Robert
Tammy
Zoe

Have fun!

Edited to eliminate inadvertent smiley-faces in the source code.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 Wow... nicely done... sleeeve 02-06-02 1
 RE: CBS Web Site Spoiler -- First N... dabo 02-06-02 2
 RE: CBS Web Site Spoiler -- First N... SurvivorBlows 02-06-02 3
   RE: CBS Web Site Spoiler -- First N... sleeeve 02-06-02 4
       RE: CBS Web Site Spoiler -- First N... Outfrontgirl 02-06-02 5
       RE: CBS Web Site Spoiler -- First N... PepeLePew13 02-06-02 9
       sleeeve wins again! dangerkitty 02-06-02 11
           RE: sleeeve wins again! Lisapooh 02-06-02 12
               RE: sleeeve wins again! ItzLisa 02-06-02 14
   RE: CBS Web Site Spoiler -- First N... Outfrontgirl 02-06-02 6
       RE: CBS Web Site Spoiler -- First N... SurvivorBlows 02-06-02 10
 RE: CBS Web Site Spoiler -- First N... SherpaDave 02-06-02 7
   RE: CBS Web Site Spoiler -- First N... Tatina 02-06-02 8
 Truth stranger than fiction.... SurvivinDawg 02-06-02 13
 Neleh Dinnes Outfrontgirl 02-06-02 15
   RE: Neleh Dinnes JohnMc 02-06-02 16
       RE: Neleh Dinnes Kokoro 02-06-02 17

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

sleeeve 3456 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

02-06-02, 00:08 AM (EST)
Click to EMail sleeeve Click to send private message to sleeeve Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "Wow... nicely done..."
Searching for more as we speak... nothing so far.

...guess we'll have to wait til the morning, but great find!!!

You never know what might be up my sleeeve...

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings

02-06-02, 00:58 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: CBS Web Site Spoiler -- First Names of the Contestants"
Fantastic! And they seem to be divided into the two tribes as well. Great work, AK.

SurvivorBlows 15230 desperate attention whore postings

02-06-02, 01:03 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivorBlows Click to send private message to SurvivorBlows Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: CBS Web Site Spoiler -- First Names of the Contestants"
Rob and Robert... geez, again???

Can't one of them call themselves Bob and make our lives easier?

And what is a "Neleh?" I think a "Vecepia" is an type of orange.

sleeeve 3456 desperate attention whore postings

02-06-02, 01:06 AM (EST)
Click to EMail sleeeve Click to send private message to sleeeve Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: CBS Web Site Spoiler -- First Names of the Contestants"
>And what is a "Neleh?"

Backward Helen??? I suppose someone's mommy had a cruel sense of humor.

You never know what might be up my sleeeve...

Outfrontgirl 6830 desperate attention whore postings

02-06-02, 04:35 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Outfrontgirl Click to send private message to Outfrontgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: CBS Web Site Spoiler -- First Names of the Contestants"
>>Backward Helen..

Ya, I think it's short for "Yort fo Neleh"--after famous beauty queen.

This list cannot be right. I demand a Kelly and two Kims!
Well, they had to cast a Kathy eventually, but before dabo beats me to this denial: I am not and never have been a contestant on Survivor Four.

*Pssst, AyaK was never in this forum and he will be properly hypnotized to forget he ever let those names enter his brain*

PepeLePew13 26132 desperate attention whore postings

02-06-02, 06:33 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: CBS Web Site Spoiler -- First Names of the Contestants"
>>And what is a "Neleh?"
>
>Backward Helen??? I suppose someone's mommy
>had a cruel sense of humor.

I read somewhere that this type of thing is becoming more common as a way of carrying on a family name but making it different for less confusion. One famous example is Nomar Garciaparra of the Boston Red Sox -- his father Ramon wanted his son to have the same name as himself and (I believe) the grandfather, but wanted to make it stand out more, so it was spelled Nomar.

As for the code/names, very interesting find, AyaK! I never cease to be amazed by CBS's bungling if each of these names are legit.

dangerkitty 1913 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

02-06-02, 10:27 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dangerkitty Click to send private message to dangerkitty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "sleeeve wins again!"
LAST EDITED ON 02-06-02 AT 10:28 AM (EST)

Quote from Neleh's bio on the CBS website:

***She was named after her maternal grandmother, Helen. Same name, only spelled backwards***

Nice catch, sleeevie!

Edited to add: Pepe too, for nailing the reason! Ah, if only the spoiling for the rest of the season goes this well....

dangerkitty

Lisapooh 12664 desperate attention whore postings

02-06-02, 10:38 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Lisapooh Click to send private message to Lisapooh Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: sleeeve wins again!"
And did you see she has a sister named McKenna? obviously a family of whacked out names

proud mommy of McKenna

They say inside every fat woman is a skinny woman waiting to get out. Well, all I can say is, I ate that b*tch.
--- Thea Vidale

ItzLisa 3350 desperate attention whore postings

02-06-02, 04:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ItzLisa Click to send private message to ItzLisa Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: sleeeve wins again!"
And did you guys realize that Silas is an anagram for Lisa with an extra S???? (Hee hee hee! Leave it to me to notice!)

Sorry, back to the spoiling! Funny, this code works on Aya's link with all 16 bios and pics, all present and accounted for. But if you go to the CBS site directly, it's still all the Africa stuff! Guess someone at CBS's website is asleep at the switch!

02-06-02, 04:37 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Outfrontgirl Click to send private message to Outfrontgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: CBS Web Site Spoiler -- First Names of the Contestants"
>>I think a "Vecepia" is an type of orange

Ah, and here I thought it was a motor-scooter.

SurvivorBlows 15230 desperate attention whore postings

02-06-02, 10:22 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivorBlows Click to send private message to SurvivorBlows Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: CBS Web Site Spoiler -- First Names of the Contestants"
>>>I think a "Vecepia" is an type of orange
>
>Ah, and here I thought it
>was a motor-scooter.

It might be both, who knows...

SherpaDave 8326 desperate attention whore postings

02-06-02, 04:54 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SherpaDave Click to send private message to SherpaDave Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: CBS Web Site Spoiler -- First Names of the Contestants"
What's truly bizarre is that those are all, in fact, clickable links. They all lead to small popup windows of CBS's 404 page, but that just seems like really sloppy code. At first, I thought this code was commented out, but it's all clickable.

I have to say I'm amazed by the constantly sloppy work of the coders on the Survivor portion of CBS's site. Either they're told to leave little clues and/or red herrings from time to time, or they just really suck at their jobs. I'm inclined to think the former.

If this code had come out earlier, I'd suspect it was a red herring. Since we'll all know by tomorrow, though, it's almost as if MB wants to throw the hard-core addicts a bone. Touch me, I'm dreaming! MB knows we're here!

Write hard and clear about what hurts. - Ernest Hemingway
Criminals From the Neck Up

Tatina 112 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

02-06-02, 06:30 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Tatina Click to send private message to Tatina Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: CBS Web Site Spoiler -- First Names of the Contestants"
I actually think they might just suck in their work... Remember the Tina picture spoiler from SII ? My disbelief in the red herring theory might have something to do with the fact that even if I think that MB is a very good producer, I don't see all this evil genius of his everybody keeps on referring to....

Anyway, it feels so good to be back to the spoiling scene, I've missed it a lot.

SurvivinDawg 6816 desperate attention whore postings

02-06-02, 10:56 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivinDawg Click to send private message to SurvivinDawg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "Truth stranger than fiction...."
LAST EDITED ON 02-06-02 AT 10:58 AM (EST)

Having fun with this, some of these names seem too contrived to be true, but as they say, truth is stranger than fiction. They certainly may be real, but for laughs:

Hunter? VERY "Survivor"-like name.

Peter, Gabriel, John... all bibilical names. Reminds me of Tapewatcher's Ethan-as-Jesus theory...

Neleh, Zoe, Vecepia... every day names we run into ALL the time...

Paschal? Paschal English? Thoughts of computers spring to mind...

Edited to correct some horrible spelling.

*** Contradictions don't exist. If you are faced with a contradiction, check your premises. You will find that one of them is wrong. -- Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

02-06-02, 05:32 PM (EST)
15. "Neleh Dinnes"
Good calls indeed on the backwards family naming, and there's also a possible spoiler here.

Her whole name backwards says HELEN SINNED

Perhaps Neleh is there to atone for the sins of her forebearer by playing missionary. Ummm, the missionaries already trashed the South Pacific; good thing they isolated this group. Bad enough that the Rector brought a Bible.

Seriously, they have the makings of a dysfunctional Christian Coalition, a redneck who combines Tom and Sue in a single casting move, the requisite two tokens of opposite gender, the actor, the female eye candy, two outdoor girls who might be Gretchen or Kelly, a tattooed fat New Yorker with voodoo (Lex/Dr. Carl), Silas with Ethan's hair, the food snob (Keith), the gay guy.

However, this "presumed" gay man must be compassionate, since he's a nurse, so that's quite a change from either Brandon or Dicque. (Actually I doubt that most male nurses are gay, but I think we are assuming this because Burnett will have cast at least one gay man.)

Is Tina there? Where is Tina? I only see Sue so far.

And which one is Jerri? Does anyone think Sara will be Jerri and not Amber? The clip of her on the Early Show caught her adjusting her bikini bottom strap. Vain at all?

Also, isn't the Italian construction worker hunk a new stereotype for Survivor?

Pashal, is he a Frank/Rodger? Many judges have good senses of humor. I'm not sure why people peg him as an instant bootee as super-authoritarian. Haven't heard him talk yet.

I hope that these people aren't so much like a mix and match of the previous casts that they make it too easy for us.

btw, does anyone know if the judge is allowed to USE the American flag, or will they just need to fly it off a palm tree somehow?

I know Colby turned the Texas flag into tent roofing, but that doesn't seem appropriate for the Stars and Stripes. I always thought there was a rule against letting it touch the ground, for example. Whoever here knows the current rules for handling the flag, I would be interested in hearing what is permitted.

JohnMc 2679 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

02-06-02, 07:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail JohnMc Click to send private message to JohnMc Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Neleh Dinnes"
OFG, very good analysis of Helen Sinned. According to the CBS website, she was named for her maternal grandmother. So interesting that a good Mormon girl is named for the sins of her parents. Perhaps her parents had sex outside of marraige (in the old days it was called a shotgun marraige) and now Neleh isn't allowed to eat until she atones for the sins of her ancestors.

Gabriel is definitely the Silas of the group - hope he learns from Silas' mistakes.

I'm predicting that Zoe is the first to go - she looks like a Deb.

Re: the flag - rules for handling the American flag don't change just because you leave the country. It has to be respected, and I'm sure that a judge knows that. I actually think it's appropriate to see the flag every week for us, and everyday for the tribespeople. Don't think they'll be making the flag into shelter unless Paschal wants fired when he gets home and if EPM wants crucified by America.

Definitely more pretty women this time...

Kokoro 3899 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

02-06-02, 07:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Kokoro Click to send private message to Kokoro Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Neleh Dinnes"
LAST EDITED ON 02-06-02 AT 07:51 PM (EST)

Ooookay nevermind since it's prominantly there in the cap....
----------------------------------------

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •