The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Gabriel Cade, Sean Rector, Kathleen O'Brien...Survivornews claims to have revealed 3 Survivor 4 Contestants"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

lionsroar 157 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

02-01-02, 10:44 AM (EST)
Click to EMail lionsroar Click to send private message to lionsroar Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Gabriel Cade, Sean Rector, Kathleen O'Brien...Survivornews claims to have revealed 3 Survivor 4 Contestants"
Here is a link to the SurvivorNews article that claims to know the identity of 3 Survivor 4 contestants.

http://www.survivornews.net/news/200202/01-s4.contestants/

They don't claim the source of their knowledge but do have quite a bit of information on each person.

They claim "Gabe" to be cast as the "lovable idiot", Sean as the "angry black guy that can't swim", and Kathleen as the possible "tina/teresa type"

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Gabriel Cade, Sean Rector, Kath... dabo 02-01-02 1
   RE: Gabriel Cade, Sean Rector, Kath... TheWanderer 02-01-02 2
       RE: Gabriel Cade, Sean Rector, Kath... dabo 02-02-02 5
       RE: Gabriel Cade, Sean Rector, Kath... smiles 02-04-02 6
 RE: Gabriel Cade, Sean Rector, Kath... Krautboy 02-01-02 3
   RE: Gabriel Cade, Sean Rector, Kath... Swami 02-01-02 4
       RE: Gabriel Cade, Sean Rector, Kath... mavsfan 02-04-02 7
 Do I see MB's fingerprints? mavsfan 02-04-02 8
   RE: Do I see MB's fingerprints? lroy 02-05-02 9
       RE: Do I see MB's fingerprints? SurvivorBlows 02-06-02 15
   RE: Do I see MB's fingerprints? NightScribe 02-05-02 11
       Things we can count on... Krautboy 02-05-02 14
           Average Age 35 again! Krautboy 02-06-02 16
               RE: Average Age 35 again! NightScribe 02-06-02 17
                   RE: Average Age 35 again! Loree 02-06-02 18
 Sean Rector... savvy 02-05-02 10
   RE: Sean Rector... lroy 02-05-02 12
       RE: Sean Rector... savvy 02-05-02 13

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

02-01-02, 10:59 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Gabriel Cade, Sean Rector, Kathleen O'Brien...Survivornews claims to have revealed 3 Survivor 4 Contestants"
LAST EDITED ON 02-01-02 AT 11:02 AM (EST)

Great news that Survivornews is back! Our own s-man dug up info on a Trisha Jackson, the other names were from the list that started as invention but sometimes is altered to include actual possibilities, there's a thread about that already. So, kudos to s-man! Well, another black man who can't swim? I liked Gervase but I'd rather not have the bad swimmer thing repeated.

TheWanderer 267 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

02-01-02, 04:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail TheWanderer Click to send private message to TheWanderer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Gabriel Cade, Sean Rector, Kathleen O'Brien...Survivornews claims to have revealed 3 Survivor 4 Contestants"
LAST EDITED ON 02-01-02 AT 04:42 PM (EST)

Three comments here...
1) Doesn't Kathleen O'Brian look a bit like Jane "you ignorant slut..." Curtain from SNL and 3rd Rock from the Sun?

2) This is not a racist remark... many people from the inner city can't swim, 'cause they never had the opportunity of desire to.

3) If, in fact, it is true that one or more of the contestants can't swim, wouldn't that rule out the theory that they were all made to swim ashore to their respective camps? Wouldn't that make the theory of them rowing ashore in an outrigger more plausible?

(Note... edited for spelling errors)

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings

02-02-02, 00:13 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Gabriel Cade, Sean Rector, Kathleen O'Brien...Survivornews claims to have revealed 3 Survivor 4 Contestants"
Perhaps if MB pulls the shipwrecked scenario again they'll be allowed life jackets for the swim to shore, but the Polynesian scenario has its appeal as well. Wouldn't it be neat if they swam to shore and then it turned out MB provided them with a shipwreck, a la Robinson Crusoe, that they had to plunder for provisions? That's probably too much to hope for.

My complaint about the non-swimmer is about the non-swimmer angle, which we've already seen with Gervase (who I genuinely like a lot).

smiles 675 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

02-04-02, 01:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail smiles Click to send private message to smiles Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Gabriel Cade, Sean Rector, Kathleen O'Brien...Survivornews claims to have revealed 3 Survivor 4 Contestants"
I don't think it has much to do with the inner city, but it is true that lot of black people have a fear or water or just never wanted to learn how to swim. Especially the older generations...

I am black and a lot of people in my family do not know how to swim or have a fear of water. They didn't live in the inner city, but back in that time they still had white-only pools. The parents never learned how to swim, so they never really encouraged their kids to learn. My mom never liked swimming, so she could have cared less if I learned, but my dad wanted a pool and he taught me to swim and made me take classes. But the entire time that we had a pool my mother hated for me to swim and was always afraid. I never developed that fear because I was introduced to water when I was young, she wasn't. Maybe that's a better explanation. . .

Krautboy 2750 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

02-01-02, 07:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Krautboy Click to send private message to Krautboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Gabriel Cade, Sean Rector, Kathleen O'Brien...Survivornews claims to have revealed 3 Survivor 4 Contestants"
LAST EDITED ON 02-01-02 AT 07:08 PM (EST)

Looking at the picture of the alledged Sean Rector (the black guy in the middle, frolicking in the water as the football is thrown), I doubt that he would venture in up to his neck if he couldn't swim. He does not appear to have any fear of the water. He may be Sean Rector, but I would say it's a good bet he can swim.

Krautboy

Swami 5885 desperate attention whore postings

02-01-02, 07:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Swami Click to send private message to Swami Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Gabriel Cade, Sean Rector, Kathleen O'Brien...Survivornews claims to have revealed 3 Survivor 4 Contestants"
Krautboy, it is very common for nonswimmers in calm, shallow water (as in this photo) to kneel or even sit on the bottom. It is a safe way to get your body out of the sun, to enjoy the sensation of immersion, and to show others you're comfortable in the water. I don't see this photo as saying anything about the swimming abilites of any of the three pictured.

Swami

mavsfan 693 desperate attention whore postings

02-04-02, 08:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mavsfan Click to send private message to mavsfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Gabriel Cade, Sean Rector, Kathleen O'Brien...Survivornews claims to have revealed 3 Survivor 4 Contestants"
<<Krautboy, it is very common for nonswimmers in calm, shallow <<water (as in this photo) to kneel or even sit on the bottom.

This may be calm, shallow water, but these folks are not kneeling or even sitting on the bottom.

The girl closest to us has water up to her hips, the man in the middle has the water up to mid torso, and the man furthest from us has water well up onto his chest. Ie. The man furthest from us is not 'kneeling or sitting on the bottom'. I would argue the man furthest from the beach appears to be relatively comfortable in and around water (a relatively competent swimmer).

I would agree with you that Gervase (SI) or Roger (SII) would likely wade into very shallow water and sit or kneel to help cool off or wash off, but I wouldn't expect to see either of them voluntarily in water more than bellie deep.

In short I don't understand why you feel Krautboy is wrong in asserting the man furthest from us is likely fine with swimming, and would most likely have no real fear of the water.

mavsfan 693 desperate attention whore postings

02-04-02, 08:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mavsfan Click to send private message to mavsfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "Do I see MB's fingerprints?"
Maybe I'm a little to suspicious, but these 3 don't ring true to me.

Kathleen O'Brien - A TV reporter. She doesn't fit any of the stereotypes MB has cast so far. MB has cast Jocks, and Sweathearts. He's cast Mom's and Dad's. MB has cast the class clown, and corporate clones. All of these are people the average American know and can identify with. I don't however think the average American is likely to identify with TV personalities as being one of them, so I don't think MB would cast a TV personality, MUCH LESS A REPORTER as a Survivor contestant.

Sean Richtor - Sounds very familiar. In SI we had DR. Sean. In SII we had Lindsey Richter. Now we have Sean Rector. It sounds to me like a made up name, a contraction of second tier SURVIVOR names we already know.

Gabriel Cabe - Goofy aspirirng actor type. We already saw him. His name was Silas. I can't believe MB would cast another Silas type for SIV. Another Colby type? Sure. But I don't think MB is going to find the next Colby in LA. And I don't think MB will repeat his mistake with Silas by casting Gabriel Cabe.

Maybe I read the SurvivorNews article too quickly, but it looked to me like SurvivorNews got the info after being invited to the SIII final show. I could certainly be wrong, but I would be VERY suspicious of any news that comes from ANY event MB sponsored/controlled. I don't mean to call into question the integrity of SurvivorNews, I think they believe the info to be valid. I'm also suspicious the info they came by, has MB's fingerprints on it.

I think MB ran circles around us in SIII, and I think he's already started for SIV.

lroy 536 desperate attention whore postings

02-05-02, 10:58 AM (EST)
Click to EMail lroy Click to send private message to lroy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Do I see MB's fingerprints?"
LAST EDITED ON 02-05-02 AT 11:12 AM (EST)

I with you Mavsfan. There are no explanations on how or why these names were "outed." For a few of the brave posters, here is Kathy O'Brien's web site (she's a real estate agent, not a reporter). It has her work number and an email me link:

http://www.kathyovermont.com/

Did a quick search of Sean Richter and came up with nothing. I'm with you; the name just seems a little too coincidental.

Only info I found on Gabriel Cade was all related to recent stuff, although I think it would be strange for MB to cast someone with such close ties to another Reality TV personality (BB2's Mike Boogie).

Alas, time is running out and we will know the truth tomorrow...

EDITED TO ADD: I checked out the website for the local news station that supposedly outed Kathy O'Brien (http://www.wcax.com/Global/category.asp?C=18195&nav=4QcR) and there is nothing on the web site with this news. I did searches on "Survivor," "Survivor IV," "Survivor 4," "Kathy O'Brien," and "Kathy Obrien." Nothing was found under any of these searches pertaining to the "outing." I guess we'll know for sure tomorrow...

SurvivorBlows 15230 desperate attention whore postings

02-06-02, 01:08 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivorBlows Click to send private message to SurvivorBlows Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Do I see MB's fingerprints?"
>EDITED TO ADD: I checked
>out the website for the
>local news station that supposedly
>outed Kathy O'Brien (http://www.wcax.com/Global/category.asp?C=18195&nav=4QcR) and
>there is nothing on the
>web site with this news.
> I did searches on
>"Survivor," "Survivor IV," "Survivor 4,"
>"Kathy O'Brien," and "Kathy Obrien."
> Nothing was found under
>any of these searches pertaining
>to the "outing." I
>guess we'll know for sure
>tomorrow...

Kathy O'Brien leaked a long, long, time ago, I reported it on the SB News page almost a month ago:

http://www.survivorblows.com/survivorblows/s2news.shtml#1011152029

...it's not on the WCAX site anymore because for some reason they only store the transcripts from the last 7 days worth of newscasts.

-SB

NightScribe 761 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

02-05-02, 12:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail NightScribe Click to send private message to NightScribe Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Do I see MB's fingerprints?"
Hey Mavs! Now, typically you and I agree on things like this, but this time I have to disagree. Last season folks speculated that there was no way Burnett would cast a Linda and Lindsey on the same tribe, but of course, he did. They also argued that no way would they have another Kelly or multiple Kim's, but that was not so either.

Personally, I don't believe that once a name is used, MB discards it to never consider again (that was proven in S3). Nor do I believe that MB always looks to fill the stereotype. I think he looks for people that strike him as "compelling", although, looking at his choice of contestants for S3, he came up short on that end. It is us, the spoilers that make those kind of connections, not the general viewing audience.

I suppose what I'm saying is this: Approach these lists with a huge measure of doubt and skepticism, but not because the names on it are too similar to previous contestants, or the typecasting not similar enough. MB loves Bartenders and wanna be actors and has cast a bevy of them. Let us base our skepticism on proof, or lack of.

Things that we can relatively count on for the S4 line-up:

1. There will be at least two African Americans in the cast; more than likely a male and a female.

2. There will be some cast members over the age of 40, maybe a few over 50.

3. Each tribe will have their "strong man Colby-type".

4. There will be a few controversial characters, our Jerri's, Kimmi's, Frank's, etc. These folks bring drama to the table, which is necessary when Burnett insists on casting ninnies like Amber, Kim P., etc.. So, look for extremist-types: militants (like Frank), radicals, religious zealots, etc. And be sure of this: even if you can't tell, there will more than likely be a gay person in the crowd. Maybe not as out and proud as Brandon, but he or she will be there.

Personally, I think it's about time for an "out" lesbian on the show. But that is another thread.

02-05-02, 11:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Krautboy Click to send private message to Krautboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "Things we can count on..."
>Things that we can relatively count
>on for the S4 line-up:
>
>
>2. There will be some
>cast members over the age
>of 40, maybe a few
>over 50.
>

Nightscribe:
I did a little research and found that in each of the previous three Survivors the average age has been 35 years. That is not a coincidence. MB has a definate formula that he follows without fail. You've identified some of the ingredients...

Krautboy

02-06-02, 02:03 PM (EST)
16. "Average Age 35 again!"
FYI, Just checked the average age of the S4 contestants. It is once again 35 years! MB has apparently not deviated from his time tested formula...

Krautboy

NightScribe 761 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

02-06-02, 03:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail NightScribe Click to send private message to NightScribe Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Average Age 35 again!"
I agree that he has a formula, which is why I was able to guess correctly some of the demographics that would be covered. But when the average age is 35, that means there are some young'uns and oldsters that balance to 35!

Check it out -- Two African Americans -- one male, one female, just as in the first three Survivors.

Two over-forties and one over-fifty.

Also, he cast controversial characters -- Paschal, a conservative right-wing judge and a couple of religious folks.

Strong man Colby-types? How about a pilot and construction worker?

Gay person. Well, take your pick -- it could be any number of them.

Yes, the ingredients are all there. Now you just put them in a pot and let it boil!

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

02-06-02, 03:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Average Age 35 again!"
I wonder which one is the vegetarian?

savvy 53 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

02-05-02, 11:35 AM (EST)
Click to EMail savvy Click to send private message to savvy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "Sean Rector..."
Sean Rector, the aspiring actor:

http://www.insitement.com/kalinsprayer.html
http://insitement.com/cast.html

He played a drug dealer in some low budget movie called Kalin's prayer

from the production notes: "okay, this is another of the most hellish days. we ran all over the city again chasing the sun from the time it came up on the east side and over to the west side at magic hour and then to times square for scenes with kris and her dealer (sean rector) at night."

This is a pic of him from a bit part he had on a tv show:

I also found a Sean Rector that had a bit part (seems to be a running theme for him) in an off Broadway show that ran in 1997.

lroy 536 desperate attention whore postings

02-05-02, 12:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail lroy Click to send private message to lroy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Sean Rector..."
Hi Savvy, I found the Kalin link alson, but I didn't post them because SurvivorNews listed him as a teacher in South Central LA, not an aspiring actor. Although i guess most people who live in LA are aspiring actors (haha)so good call. I guess we will see tomorrow if in fact these names are correct, but in the meantime the not knowing is KILLING me!

savvy 53 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

02-05-02, 01:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail savvy Click to send private message to savvy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Sean Rector..."
Snewser did mention that he was an aspiring actor.

I for some reason think that Rector is probably be a subsitute teacher. I'm just surprised he's not an aspiring actor that waits tables or is a bartender.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •