The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"British Invasion Week"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences American Idol General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

KoalaChick 509 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

03-16-07, 06:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail KoalaChick Click to send private message to KoalaChick Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"British Invasion Week"
Who should sing what?

Please.no.Herman's.Hermits.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: British Invasion Week geekboy 03-16-07 1
   RE: British Invasion Week agman 03-17-07 9
   RE: British Invasion Week tamarama 03-17-07 12
   RE: British Invasion Week dragonflies 03-21-07 34
 RE: British Invasion Week priestdi 03-16-07 2
 RE: British Invasion Week frisky 03-17-07 3
   RE: British Invasion Week priestdi 03-17-07 4
       RE: British Invasion Week priestdi 03-17-07 6
           RE: British Invasion Week priestdi 03-17-07 8
   RE: British Invasion Week CattyChat 03-17-07 5
   NOT boring! udg 03-17-07 7
       RE: NOT boring! agman 03-17-07 11
   RE: British Invasion Week CTgirl 03-17-07 10
       RE: British Invasion Week priestdi 03-17-07 13
           RE: British Invasion Week frisky 03-17-07 15
               RE: British Invasion Week CTgirl 03-18-07 18
 RE: British Invasion Week tamarama 03-17-07 14
   RE: British Invasion Week frisky 03-17-07 16
       RE: British Invasion Week tamarama 03-18-07 19
 RE: British Invasion Week AshLanie 03-18-07 17
 RE: British Invasion Week zazzy 03-18-07 20
   RE: British Invasion Week tamarama 03-18-07 21
       RE: British Invasion Week agman 03-18-07 22
 SPOILER! The actual choices priestdi 03-20-07 23
   RE: SPOILER! The actual choices geekboy 03-20-07 24
       Pimp spot udg 03-20-07 26
           RE: Pimp spot geekboy 03-20-07 29
               RE: Pimp spot udg 03-20-07 33
   RE: SPOILER! The actual choices udg 03-20-07 25
   RE: SPOILER! The actual choices zazzy 03-20-07 27
       RE: SPOILER! The actual choices tamarama 03-20-07 28
           RE: SPOILER! The actual choices priestdi 03-20-07 30
               RE: SPOILER! The actual choices agman 03-20-07 31
               RE: SPOILER! The actual choices tamarama 03-21-07 35
 Lakisha Jones Snidget 03-20-07 32

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

geekboy 1788 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

03-16-07, 09:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail geekboy Click to send private message to geekboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: British Invasion Week"
LAST EDITED ON 03-16-07 AT 09:18 PM (EST)

Just for the record, "To Sir, With Love" is one of my ALL-TIME-FAVORITE songs ever. Please, Haley - or anyone for that matter - don't ruin it.

Since Lulu is supposedly performing it on results night, my fingers are crossed that it is off-limits.

geekboy

I love puppies! S. Cowell

agman 11166 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-17-07, 01:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail agman Click to send private message to agman Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: British Invasion Week"
That is a great song. I don't think any of the women this year have quite the voice to do well with that song. Nothing against lakesha, Melinda or (Now I can't remember the one who sang last on Tuesday) they all have grea voices, just not the type IMO to do well with that particular song!!!

tamarama 1785 desperate attention whore postings

03-17-07, 01:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tamarama Click to send private message to tamarama Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: British Invasion Week"
Wow! That's the first song I thought of!

I had been thinking Jordin - she's the right age for it, and her sweetness would bee good for it...BUT

If we get to hear Lulu sing it - I'm totally cool with it being off limits.

dragonflies 8051 desperate attention whore postings

03-21-07, 00:11 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dragonflies Click to send private message to dragonflies Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
34. "RE: British Invasion Week"
Yay! I hadn't heard that Lulu is performing it tomorrow! OMH, that is one of my all time favs to! Love the movie as well. I get all swoony seeing Sidney Poitier too.

priestdi 378 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

03-16-07, 11:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail priestdi Click to send private message to priestdi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: British Invasion Week"

awww I adored them when I was a little girl.

mrs brown you've got a lovely daughter.... shoot I forget the next line. lol.

frisky 11695 desperate attention whore postings

03-17-07, 00:11 AM (EST)
Click to EMail frisky Click to send private message to frisky Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: British Invasion Week"
Ahhh...memories of the Canadian Idol version of British invasion night, back in Canadian Idol 2.

Jacob Hoggard performed David Bowie's "Space Oddity." It was the best of times, it was the worst of times. If you've never seen it, watch it. I wish that AI contestants would stick their necks out like this. Risk? Trainwreck? You be the judge.

Canadians have no fear.

Rolly made this.

03-17-07, 01:32 AM (EST)
Click to EMail priestdi Click to send private message to priestdi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: British Invasion Week"
ah david bowie on idol? I can dream anyway. find us a link, you tease!

03-17-07, 11:11 AM (EST)
6. "RE: British Invasion Week"
OK fine, so I'm a bimbo.

that was great, thanks so much.

puts American Idol into its majorly middle-of-the-road place, doesn't it.

That Bowie album was the first remotely alternative thing I ever bought (on vinyl, natch) back when I was listening to elton john and who knows what else.

So what happpened to Jacob? I have no idea ...

03-17-07, 12:15 PM (EST)
8. "RE: British Invasion Week"

Ok I answered my own question.

watched more videos too.

sigh.

we so need someone like him!

blake is at least original. I hope he totally ignores the judges. since when have they EVER told anybody to NOT "make it your own" ???

I am still blown away by the utter hypocrisy.

CattyChat 3379 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

03-17-07, 06:10 AM (EST)
Click to EMail CattyChat Click to send private message to CattyChat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: British Invasion Week"
Thanks for the link, Frisky. Now I wish I could watch the Canadian Idol to see what else our neighbors up north have to offer.

We'd never see a performance like THAT on our uptight American Idol . . .

One nation, under Romber...

udg 3381 desperate attention whore postings

03-17-07, 11:36 AM (EST)
Click to EMail udg Click to send private message to udg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "NOT boring!"
*sigh* Why can't anything interesting ever happen on AI?

Slice n' Dice's Sigpic Chop Shop 2004

03-17-07, 01:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail agman Click to send private message to agman Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: NOT boring!"
Do you think the format of the show should be tweaked a bit? OR is it the contestants themselves. Personally what kills me and puts me to sleep are the stupid group sings and ford commercials. aaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrggggggghhhhhhhhh.

CTgirl 8013 desperate attention whore postings

03-17-07, 01:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CTgirl Click to send private message to CTgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: British Invasion Week"
That was great. Thanks Frisky. How far did he go in CI?

03-17-07, 02:27 PM (EST)
13. "RE: British Invasion Week"
I googled him and found more videos too.

he came in third, went home and totally replaced all his band members (Hedley) and they have a super successful album that's up for awards.

lol, in one video he's wearing a hedley t-shirt while performing on Idol.

can you see Constantine doing our show in a Pray for the Soul of Betty shirt? hah.

03-17-07, 11:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail frisky Click to send private message to frisky Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: British Invasion Week"
Yep, he came in third, and word on the street (yes, we have a street in Canada) is that Jacob sabotoged himself so that he would get the boot. How he did that, I'm not sure, because he didn't suck half as bad as the other contestants did, so I'm not sure I believe that theory. I think the viewers just weren't ready for a Jacob "idol."

He is the only CI alum who I would consider "successful," though.

I can't imagine anyone wearing a metallic blue body stocking on the AI stage. You know, they probably wouldn't be allowed. The only props I've seen on AI are the mike stand (Bo, Chris), and the odd eye-fvck (Contanteenidol, fAce).

Rolly made this.

CTgirl 8013 desperate attention whore postings

03-18-07, 08:46 AM (EST)
Click to EMail CTgirl Click to send private message to CTgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: British Invasion Week"
Thanks for the info, priestdi and Frisky.

I can't imagine anyone wearing a metallic blue body stocking on the AI stage. You know, they probably wouldn't be allowed. The only props I've seen on AI are the mike stand (Bo, Chris), and the odd eye-fvck (Contanteenidol,fAce).

LOL, I doubt the "stylists" have anything like that in their bag of tricks. It wouldn't fit with the "image" they're trying to project, silly hats don't count!

03-17-07, 02:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tamarama Click to send private message to tamarama Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: British Invasion Week"
Hmmmm. LOVE the old British Invasion stuff. I'm curious to see what years they limited this to - there were alot of British hits in the 80s too.

There were fewer women in the 60s - at least that I can think of.
Petula Clark -- "I Know A Place" is good, but some of Petula's can get a little cheesy (I don't like "My Love"). I also suspect they're going to use "Downtown" in the group medly. "Don't sleep in the Subway" is ok, but I can't really see any of these girls doing it - may be good for Haley.

"You Don't Have to Say You Love Me" would work for several of the girls, but I don't know if it should be anyone's first choice - it's been done well on AI before. Other good Dusty Springfield choices might be "I only want to be with you" or "You don't own me." Plus, Dusty did alot of standards, which will give leeway to women like Melinda & LaKisha..."Tupelo Honey," "What are you doing the rest of your life."

I think Blake would be fun on "Sunshine Superman" (Donovan). Or "She's Not There" (Zombies).

Sanjaya shouldn't have a problem finding something light - Peter & Gordon...or Chad & Jeremy. Not crooners, more coo-ers.

Gina should cross genders to find something more rock.

I hope none of the guys try too hard to be funny with something like the Hermits - that's made past idols crash & burn.

I'd like to hear Chris S. try some Animals - he's got the bluesy vibe for it. Maybe "Don't bring me down."

Or some Van Morrison. They all need to stay away from the Stones. The Stones are all about attitude - Jagger's attitude. Doesn't translate well (see Rock Star for examples).

"Bus Stop," "Don't Let the Sun Catch You Crying" - there's a ton of stuff out there. I'd kinda like to see someone do "Quinn the Eskimo." That would be fun.

They need to walk the thin line between making it sound fresh, and respecting the songs enough to not change them into something inappropriate.

03-17-07, 11:55 PM (EST)
16. "RE: British Invasion Week"
Sangina - "Careless Whisper" or something by the Spice Girls.

I think Blake should do some Duran Duran because he looks kind of Duran Durany.

Rolly made this.

03-18-07, 09:58 AM (EST)
19. "RE: British Invasion Week"
>>Blake should do some Duran Duran<<

That would be great -- imagine what he would do to freshen it up?

I was just thinking they may limit it to the 60s stuff with Miss Lulu on the show.

I hope they can do the 80s...it will make it more interesting for the ladies.

AshLanie 895 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

03-18-07, 04:53 AM (EST)
Click to EMail AshLanie Click to send private message to AshLanie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: British Invasion Week"
>Who should sing what?
>
>Please.no.Herman's.Hermits.

So, no "I'm Henery the 8th I am"? drats....chuckling

zazzy 4390 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

03-18-07, 10:53 AM (EST)
Click to EMail zazzy Click to send private message to zazzy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: British Invasion Week"
Build me up Buttercup...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nQ3W9c_2jks

I love you tube! I had never seen the Foundations sing it before...

woo--ooo woo-ooo woo-ooo

Tamarama, you had a really good list. I hope no one butchers Dusty S's stuff.

And come on...doesn't anyone want to hear Sanjaya do:

" 'en--er--ee, 'en--er--ee, she wouldn't love a Willie or a Sam " rofl!

03-18-07, 11:10 AM (EST)
21. "RE: British Invasion Week"
>>hear Sanjaya do:

" 'en--er--ee, 'en--er--ee, she wouldn't love a Willie or a Sam " rofl!<<

Oh Lordy -- the hair images that just popped into my head...

Now that's all I'm going to be able to see on tuesday! Thanks Zaz

03-18-07, 03:04 PM (EST)
22. "RE: British Invasion Week"
I'm not sure if Davey Jones is considered part of the British invastion(It was a little before my time), but if he was, Sanjaya should sing Daydream Believer. I think his voice could handle that. He might even consider singing something by petula clark. I'm not trying to be a smart-a## but with that soft voice of his, I think he might be able to pull it off.

03-20-07, 04:01 PM (EST)
23. "SPOILER! The actual choices"
according to MJ.

Tonight’s song choices listed in performance order:

Haley Scarnato - “Tell Him” by The Exciters.

Chris Richardson - “Don’t Let The Sun Catch You Crying” by Gerry and the Pacemakers.

Stephanie Edwards - “You Don’t Have To Say You Love Me” by Dusty Springfield.

Blake Lewis - “Time Of The Season” by the Zombies. He beatboxes at the start.

Lakisha Jones - “Diamonds are Forever,” Shirley Bassey (from the Bond movie).

Phil Stacey - “Tobacco Road” by The Nashville Teens.

Jordin Sparks - “I Who Have Nothing” by Tom Jones.

Sanjaya Malakar - “You Really Got Me” by the Kinks.

Gina Glocksen - “Paint it Black” by the Rolling Stones.

Chris Sligh - “She’s Not There” by the Zombies

Melinda Doolittle - “As Long as He Needs Me” from the musical “Oliver!”

03-20-07, 04:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail geekboy Click to send private message to geekboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: SPOILER! The actual choices"
This goes to show one good thing about this season, and that is that there have been VERY FEW repeats of those oversang songs on Idol. This should be a good night. These songs are NOT what i anticipated when i heard 'British Invasion', and that is a good thing.

Looking forward to Sanjaya _attempting_ to rock out. Could be a great change, or another major train wreck.

Interesting fact - Melinda is getting her 2nd pimp spot.

geekboy

03-20-07, 04:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail udg Click to send private message to udg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "Pimp spot"
But, could she have picked a song that was less interesting?

03-20-07, 04:36 PM (EST)
29. "RE: Pimp spot"
This is one of of a few songs on that list that doesn't ring a bell. I have no clue even what style it is, except that it was noted as a Broadway song.

geekboy

03-20-07, 07:46 PM (EST)
33. "RE: Pimp spot"
I looked it up on YouTube.

03-20-07, 04:17 PM (EST)
25. "RE: SPOILER! The actual choices"
Thanks! I've been wondering about this.

zazzy 4390 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

03-20-07, 04:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail zazzy Click to send private message to zazzy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "RE: SPOILER! The actual choices"
Fairly loose definition of British Invasion in some of the song choices.

03-20-07, 04:33 PM (EST)
28. "RE: SPOILER! The actual choices"
The only one that jumps out at me as weird is the "Oliver!" song.

Was that a hit? I'm going to have to check that out.

03-20-07, 05:52 PM (EST)
30. "RE: SPOILER! The actual choices"
it's actually (in its potential) a fantastic song.

it's sung by one of the show's stars, a woman who's in love with a very abusive man. who kills her a short while later.

powerful stuff, in the context of the show.

if she pulls it off with real emotion, it could (again in theory) be as powerful as Summertime was for Fantasia.

The fact they're putting it in the pimp spot makes me think it's going to be great.

As long as life is long
I'll love him right or wrong
And somehow, I'll be strong
As long as he needs me.

03-20-07, 05:59 PM (EST)
31. "RE: SPOILER! The actual choices"
LAST EDITED ON 03-20-07 AT 06:00 PM (EST)

Shirley Bassey did a great job with this song. I think Melinda really has a chance to blow the rest away if she can nail this song.

03-21-07, 08:30 PM (EST)
35. "RE: SPOILER! The actual choices"
I'm familiar with the song, I just always think of it as a showtune rather than part of the British Invasion. I know it's been covered, I just never considered it a pop song.

It's not one of my favorites - and to me it's less effective when pulled out of the show.

Snidget 44369 desperate attention whore postings

03-20-07, 07:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
32. "Lakisha Jones"
LAST EDITED ON 03-20-07 AT 07:34 PM (EST)

oops was copying it for the ECSthread.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •