The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Season 6: theme nights, guest judges and former AIers appearances summary"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences American Idol General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

zazzy 4390 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

03-15-07, 07:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail zazzy Click to send private message to zazzy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Season 6: theme nights, guest judges and former AIers appearances summary"
LAST EDITED ON 03-27-07 AT 10:47 AM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 03-22-07 AT 01:10 PM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 03-20-07 AT 08:10 AM (EST)

Here's a thread to track what we know about the different theme nights, guest coaches and former AIers who will appear on the show--***contains spoilers --do not read if you do not want to know which weeks the guest hosts will be on the show***:

Top 24--->20--Feb 22: Fantasia sings on results night

Top 20--->16: Mar 1: Kellie Pickler sings on results night

Top 16--->12 March 8: Carrie Underwood sings on results night

Top 12--March 13-- Diana Ross guest coach; she preformed on results night

Top 11--March 20--British Invasion, Peter Noone (Herman's Hermits)and Lulu guest coaches and perform on results night

Top 10--March 27--Songs that inspire Gwen Stefani is the theme, Gwen Stefani is the guest coach; Gwen and Akon will perform "Sweet Escape" on results night

Top 9--April 3--Big Band week--Tony Bennett guest coach

Top 8--April 10--Latin week--Jennifer Lopez guest coach

Top 7--April 17--Country night--Martina McBride guest coach

Top 6--April 24--?? Inspirational songs week--believe this is the Idol gives back week--guest coach? Bono to appear?

Top 5-- May 1--?? Bon Jovi as guest coach? Most other weeks are taken so this must be it!

Top 4--May 8-- Barry Gibb is the guest coach; his web site says May 8 & 9 so guessing that Barry sings on results night.

Top 3--May 15 -- usually 3 songs: 1) Clive's choice, 2) judge's choice, and 3)contestant's choice

Top 2--May 22--usually 3 songs: 1) new coronation song and 2&3) 2 other reprisals

Recap of the info:

Rumor: Leona Lewis, last year's X Factor winner, will appear sometime in this season, probably after her single drops

Rumor: Bono to appear on April 24 or 25 show?

Re: April 4--from vicki4471 at idolforums: "On Tony Bennetts website if you look under tour his appearance on AI is listed for wednesday april 4 so he must be the mentor for that weeks Tuesday show...."

Re: April 11--from shmorla at idolforums: "She will sing her spanish language song, "Qué Hiciste", off her Spanish language album, "Como Ama Una Mujer" when she takes the Idol stage on Wednesday April 11th."

Re: April 17--from vicki4471 at idolforums: "Tues April 17 is country music night.Martina McBride is the guest coach and she will be singing her new single "anyway" on the results show Wednesday April 18, 2007. The date for martina's appearance has been confirmed on her website and Martina revealed in an interview that the contestants may pick any country song.."

Re: Bon Jovi--from vicki4471 at idolforums: "does anyone have confirmation about Jon's appearance on AI? I was poking around on his official fan club board looking for info (I've loved Jon Bon jovi for a long time) and the word around there seems to be that he will be appearing in May close to when his album drops (this is top 4 week) and that the themes will be songs he wrote....and current billboard hits. The rumor is also that he is the voice coach that week but will not be the performer.The performer that week will be Chris Daughtry."

Ryan told us on 2/22 we would have the following stars this year on AI:

Diana Ross
British Invasion
Gwen Stefani
Jennifer Lopez
Martina McBride
Tony Bennett
Jon Bon Jovi
Barry Gibb

Returning AI-ers:

so far: Fantasia; Kellie Pickler; Carrie Underwood

Anticipated: Chris Daughtry (May 9?); Taylor Hicks (finale? May 23? He is touring many of the other AI nights, appears to be open April 18 and May 16; tour ends May 12)

ETA: edited to update March 20 results night

ETA: To confirm Gwen Stefani as guest coach on March 27 and performing with Akon on March 28; added rumor of Bono on April 24.

ETA 3/27/07: updated Gwen Stefani night; Tony Bennett night = Big Band; clarified Barry Gibb night; guessed at Bob Jovi night; also, looks like the song contest may not happen this year per a Nigel L. interview.

So, this rumor may wait for another season:
Rumored: Constantine, Ace and other former contestants will appear to sing songs that America has sent in for the coronation song contest (which still has not been announced).

Taylor Hicks will appear this year per Nigel's interview; no word yet on Chris D's appearance (what about Idol gives back week?)

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Season 6: theme nights, guest j... zazzy 03-15-07 1
   RE: Season 6: theme nights, guest j... emydi 03-20-07 6
       RE: Season 6: theme nights, guest j... zazzy 03-20-07 8
       RE: Season 6: theme nights, guest j... Glow 03-22-07 11
 RE: Season 6: theme nights, guest j... priestdi 03-16-07 2
 RE: Season 6: theme nights, guest j... zazzy 03-16-07 3
 RE: Season 6: theme nights, guest j... zazzy 03-20-07 4
   RE: Season 6: theme nights, guest j... priestdi 03-20-07 7
 *sigh* zombiebaby 03-20-07 5
   RE: *sigh* tamarama 03-22-07 10
       RE: *sigh* priestdi 03-22-07 12
       RE: *sigh* zombiebaby 03-22-07 13
 RE: Season 6: theme nights, guest j... zazzy 03-22-07 9
 RE: Season 6: theme nights, guest j... zazzy 03-27-07 14

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

03-15-07, 07:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail zazzy Click to send private message to zazzy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Season 6: theme nights, guest judges and former AIers appearances summary"
I am wondering if Barry Gibb is the guest coach for March 27. I looked at his site and it only said he would be on AI but did not give a date yet.

From his site:

"American Idol announces an eclectic roster of artists is scheduled to serve as coaches for the singers once the Idol finals start: Tony Bennett, Jon Bon Jovi, Barry Gibb, Jennifer Lopez, Martina McBride, Diana Ross, Gwen Stefani and, for a British Invasion night, Peter Noone (of Herman's Hermits) and Lulu.

Barry says " sounds like a great adventure and i am really looking forward to it "

barrygibb.com will keep you up to date on Barry's American Idol activity."

emydi 13669 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-20-07, 10:05 AM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Season 6: theme nights, guest judges and former AIers appearances summary"
I think Jimmy Fallon and Timberlake should sing on results night with Barry....

Talking it up On the Barry Gibb Talk Show...

03-20-07, 04:32 PM (EST)
8. "RE: Season 6: theme nights, guest judges and former AIers appearances summary"
I do love those skits on SNL. That would be a hoot and quite a TV moment!

Glow 14353 desperate attention whore postings

03-22-07, 01:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Glow Click to send private message to Glow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Season 6: theme nights, guest judges and former AIers appearances summary"
hahahahaha... I would love that so much.

priestdi 378 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

03-16-07, 02:10 AM (EST)
Click to EMail priestdi Click to send private message to priestdi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Season 6: theme nights, guest judges and former AIers appearances summary"
Ok fine. You just totally impressed me with your skills.

03-16-07, 07:49 AM (EST)
3. "RE: Season 6: theme nights, guest judges and former AIers appearances summary"
Not sure about Gwen Stefani singing on the results show April 24. Looks like she is giving a concert on April 24 in Fresno, Ca, with Akon. So maybe she is the guest coach that week and pretapes her results night appearance, or someone else sings results night, or Gwen is another week altogether...maybe March 27?

03-20-07, 08:17 AM (EST)
4. "RE: Season 6: theme nights, guest judges and former AIers appearances summary"
Fox/AI press release for tonight and tomorrow nights' shows--everything you always wanted to know about Lulu and Peter--interesting that Herman's Hermits sold 65 million records:

----------

Lulu and Peter Noone to Perform on Wednesday, March 21

Legendary British artists Lulu and Peter Noone will work with the Top 11 finalists next week on AMERICAN IDOL Tuesday, March 20 (8:00-10:00 PM ET live/PT tape-delayed), and both will perform on the AMERICAN IDOL results show Wednesday, March 21 (9:00-9:30 PM ET live/PT tape-delayed) on FOX. On Tuesday night, the contestants will sing hit songs from the 1960s British pop invasion.

Lulu will perform her hit song “To Sir, with Love” on Wednesday’s results show. She is a songwriter, actor and television personality who has been successful in the entertainment business since the 1960s.

In 1981, Lulu returned to the U.S. charts with "I Could Never Miss You (More Than I Do)," a Top-20 hit that also reached No. 2 on the Adult Contemporary chart. Lulu re-recorded a number of her songs, including "Shout," which reached the Top 10 in 1986 in the UK, securing her a performance spot on the popular BBC music program “Top of the Pops.”

Lulu made her debut as a film actress in "To Sir, with Love," a film with Sidney Poitier. She also had a major hit with the title song "To Sir, with Love," which shot to No. 1 in the United States.

Her 2003 autobiography is called “Don't Wanna Fight No More” after a hit song she and her brother wrote for Tina Turner. Lulu herself released the song in 2003, along with her “Greatest Hits” album. Lulu is in her fourth decade as an international star and recently released an album of duets with artists such as Sir Paul McCartney, Sting, Sir Elton John and Bobby Womack.

Noone will perform his hit “There’s a Kind of Hush” on the results show. Noone is a songwriter, guitarist, pianist and actor who became a pop music star in the 1960s, at the height of the British Invasion spearheaded by the phenomenal success of the Beatles, the Rolling Stones and Herman’s Hermits.

Noone was lead singer, spokesperson and front man of the now-legendary 1960s rock group Herman's Hermits, which sold over 65 million records and had 11 Top-10 hits.

As "Herman," the photogenic Noone graced the cover of nearly every international publication, including TIME magazine. More recently, he was the host of VH1's “My Generation” from 1989 to 1993, and in 2001 he was voted VH1's Sexiest Artist. Noone has appeared in two Broadway hits, including “The Pirates of Penzance,” and still does approximately 150 live concerts a year.

Twenty-two-time Emmy-nominated AMERICAN IDOL is created and executive-produced by Simon Fuller, founder of 19 Entertainment; and executive-produced by Cecile Frot-Coutaz, CEO, FremantleMedia North America, Inc.; Nigel Lythgoe, President, 19 Television; and Ken Warwick, Executive Producer, FremantleMedia North America, Inc.

03-20-07, 03:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail priestdi Click to send private message to priestdi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Season 6: theme nights, guest judges and former AIers appearances summary"
A fantasic Lulu clip, from back in the day.

it's pretty hot stuff for the mid-60s. she starts out rather sedately, and then gradually lets loose.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=IgVhCWGLDeg

zombiebaby 7356 desperate attention whore postings

03-20-07, 08:31 AM (EST)
Click to EMail zombiebaby Click to send private message to zombiebaby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "*sigh*"
Still waiting for Monkees night!

I saw Herman's Hermits on the Monkee's reunion tour way back in the last century. 1987 I believe?

One more of J
Slice's Awesome Creations!

tamarama 1785 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

03-22-07, 01:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tamarama Click to send private message to tamarama Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: *sigh*"
I SAW THAT TOUR TOO!

Though I think it might have been a bit earlier -- 1985?

Unless there were two tours -- also included Grass Roots & Gary Puckett (who was very hot btw).

Sound like the same one?

03-22-07, 01:43 PM (EST)
12. "RE: *sigh*"

how did I miss that ????

*cries*

I still remmember my disappointment when I realized I was taller that Davy Jones.

They had their vitals listed on the back of their first album, lol.

hey hey we're the monkees
people say we monkey around
we're too busy singing
to put anybody down .......

zombiebaby 7356 desperate attention whore postings

03-22-07, 05:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail zombiebaby Click to send private message to zombiebaby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: *sigh*"
They had a 20th reunion in 1986/7 with Weird Al then the next 2 or 3 years they toured with those 3 other groups.

MTV resurrected their career in 1986.

03-22-07, 01:12 PM (EST)
9. "RE: Season 6: theme nights, guest judges and former AIers appearances summary"
Found this at MJ's Big Blog--confirms next week's theme and coach:

"Next Week: Gwen Stefani is the guest mentor. She and Akon will perform her hit “Sweet Escape” on Wednesday. The Top 10 theme will be “Pop” (just confirmed-the contestants picks are not restricted to just the 90’s)"

03-27-07, 10:52 AM (EST)
14. "RE: Season 6: theme nights, guest judges and former AIers appearances summary"
Just noting the update of the main post--

updated tonight's theme, Barry Gibb's night confirmed, etc.

Also, looks like the whole songwriting contest thing is going to the wayside given the schedule and Nigel's interview.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •