The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Thoughts on 3/11 episode"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Amazing Race Spoiler/Speculation Forum (Protected)
Original message

Cole 409 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

03-11-02, 11:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Cole Click to send private message to Cole Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Thoughts on 3/11 episode"
Teams I like:

Tara and Will
Blake and Paige
Mary and Peach
Chris and ?
Deirdre and Hillary
The Grannies

Teams I am indifferent to:

Sholoya and Doyin
The Married Couple
The Pastors

Teams that I can't stand

Oswald and Danny
The Dorks

Can I say that I really really really dislike The Dorks? More than the Guidos, which I thought would have been impossible. I don't like Oswald and Danny either, and no, it's not cause they're gay. They're just a little too much to take. It was probably the comment that the hardest part about the race would be flying coach because "it's difficult to drink 7up once you've had champagne." ugh.

I really like Blake & Paige and Tara & Will even though they don't like each other. (I don't know why but for some reason I confuse Blake and Will.) Tara is beautiful. I noticed that Blake and Paige climbed up to the Christ of the Andes WITH their backpacks on. Wow. I think others did as well.

I could have done without the rapell-cam. Those faces were just a little too big.

I felt so bad for Deirdre and Hillary. I really liked this team... when the mother got down the mountain the daughter was so happy for her. But my heart broke when the mother (I'm not sure which is which) said she let her daughter down, and her daughter said she didn't. Reminded me of the time Nancy cried in the Indian market that they were in last. I was really looking forward to watching Deirdre and Hillary interact. Oh well.

I can only hope the Dorks are eliminated as quickly as possible.

Next week it looks like one of the twins gets his foot run over, or somehow gets hurt by the cab.

Mcfatboy, I know they're your parents but you have to expect that people will say bad things about them on a board like this. That said, I was indifferent to them but they rubbed me a little the wrong way, I'm not sure why. I'm as Catholic as they come, and I know they are pastors, but if your mom thanks God for every little thing along the way that could get VERY old.

Looking forward to another great season of observing, agreeing and arguing! It's great to be back!

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Thoughts on 3/11 episode mcfatboy6950 03-11-02 1
 RE: Thoughts on 3/11 episode J Slice 03-11-02 2
   RE: Thoughts on 3/11 episode curveball 03-12-02 6
 RE: Thoughts on 3/11 episode AmazingFan 03-12-02 3
 RE: Thoughts on 3/11 episode Alpengeist 03-12-02 4
 RE: Thoughts on 3/11 episode clemsonbeav 03-12-02 5
   RE: Thoughts on 3/11 episode Cole 03-12-02 7
       RE: Thoughts on 3/11 episode clemsonbeav 03-12-02 9
 RE: Thoughts on 3/11 episode Java 03-12-02 8
   RE: Thoughts on 3/11 episode L82LIFE 03-12-02 17
   RE: Thoughts on 3/11 episode smiles 03-12-02 18
   RE: Thoughts on 3/11 episode Greyhound Xpress 03-12-02 23
 RE: Thoughts on 3/11 episode katem 03-12-02 10
 HONK if you can't stand Wil FesterFan1 03-12-02 11
   RE: HONK if you can't stand Wil katem 03-12-02 21
 RE: Thoughts on 3/11 episode volmel 03-12-02 12
   RE: Thoughts on 3/11 episode Cole 03-12-02 13
       RE: Thoughts on 3/11 episode managerr 03-12-02 14
       Wil(ma) and Tara.....Marriage of co... SkyRaider 03-12-02 15
 RE: Thoughts on 3/11 episode realitybites 03-12-02 16
 RE: Thoughts on 3/11 episode samced 03-12-02 19
 RE: Thoughts on 3/11 episode curveball 03-12-02 20
   RE: Thoughts on 3/11 episode J Slice 03-12-02 25
 RE: Thoughts on 3/11 episode Greyhound Xpress 03-12-02 22
 RE: Thoughts on 3/11 episode moonbaby 03-12-02 24

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

mcfatboy6950 15 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

03-11-02, 11:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mcfatboy6950 Click to send private message to mcfatboy6950 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Thoughts on 3/11 episode"
I won't get offended. I was a little upset on another site when they were getting ripped before people saw the show. They are on now and like all teams of course are fair game.

J Slice 13166 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-11-02, 11:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail J%20Slice Click to send private message to J%20Slice Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Thoughts on 3/11 episode"
LAST EDITED ON 03-11-02 AT 11:40 PM (EST)

DORKS?!?

How dare you call Dave and Gary dorks?!! Much more interesting than the oh-so-bland Paige and her brother... err... Colby!

Aside from Dave and Gary (the, *ahem*, "Dorks"), I'm feeling the love for the twins, Tara and Wil, and the Pastors (they seem like good people).

Now you leave Dave and Gary alone... Gary is responsible for AWESOME QUOTE OF THE EPISODE:
To cabdriver:
"It is important that I convert (on the way to Christ the Redeemer)... because I'm Jewish."

Millions of times better than the boring Ethan.

-=J=-
President of the Unofficial Dave and Gary fanclub

curveball 225 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

03-12-02, 10:51 AM (EST)
Click to EMail curveball Click to send private message to curveball Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Thoughts on 3/11 episode"
what's funny is when people are not trying to be funny (festers)

what I don't want to see is a couple of stand-up wanna-be's(the twins going down the mountain...that was funny.)The dorks will hang around, but they are outclassed, and since they won't be hitting the "giggles" nightclub near you anytime soon, better set your vcr...

-cb

AmazingFan 121 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

03-12-02, 00:47 AM (EST)
Click to EMail AmazingFan Click to send private message to AmazingFan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Thoughts on 3/11 episode"
I'm with J Slice on Gary and Dave. They weren't half as bad as I expected them to be given the pre-show postings I read! I think
they will be entertaining, especially Gary in his Woody Allen-esque way, which is all I could think about every time I saw him.

I did not like Wil at all. He was trying to suggest he had been "first" at the counter - then tried to blame Tara for the whole debacle "you told me to go over there so I went and now we're behind" blah blah. To me, Wil is the worst of Guido/Frank. He's the Frankenguido. Given that, I hope they are around up to the final episodes, if only for dramatic effect!

I liked the Twins, and Blake and Paige also came across well to me. This isn't what I would have predicted.

I think Gary/Dave, Oswald/Danny and Mary/Peach will all be good for entertainment value. I hope they stick around for a while.

Chris and Alex were almost total non-entities in this show for me. Based on past experience this probably means they win the whole thing a la Rob and Brennan.

I didn't mind Deidre and Hillary, but they're history now.

I didn't feel the warm fuzzies for the Grannies, the Pastors, or the Marrieds. I'm not sure what kind of person that makes me, but that's how the chips fell. The Grannies aren't even really trying, I'm vaguely uncomfortable with the idea that God really does seem to be helping the Pastors, and I predicted the Marrieds would be eliminated in this episode and am not yet ready to admit that I was totally wrong about them.

Alpengeist 76 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

03-12-02, 09:39 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Alpengeist Click to send private message to Alpengeist Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Thoughts on 3/11 episode"
Wow maybe its just me, but mine are:
Blake and Paige
Chris and ?
Deidre and Hillary
The Grannies
Sholoya and Doyin
The Pastors
Indifferent
The Dorks
Mary and Peach
The Married Couple
Don't Particularly Care For
Tara and Wil
Oswald and Danny
Dunno, that may be just me

Alp

clemsonbeav 4208 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

03-12-02, 10:10 AM (EST)
Click to EMail clemsonbeav Click to send private message to clemsonbeav Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Thoughts on 3/11 episode"
Just something technical...The statue is not called Christ of the Andes. The statue Christ of the Andes is located on a plot of land in between Chile and Argentina. That plot was fought over by the two countries with no resolve, so they decided to build the statue on it. (Besides, the Andes aren't in Rio.)

Just thought I'd share w/ you.

03-12-02, 11:11 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Cole Click to send private message to Cole Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Thoughts on 3/11 episode"
Clemson, of course you're right... after I posted that I thought, wait a second, they went to Rio and the Christ of the Andes is between Chile and Argentina. Slightly confused.

J Slice, I am sorry I offended you by saying I don't like the Dorks. I see that you're fairly new to these boards and if you are going to be so easily hurt by comments like this then perhaps this isn't the right board for you. Everyone here is going to have "their" team, and everyone here is going to have teams that they viciously despise. Part of the fun of this board is supporting your team and dissing thers. That said, when you wear black plastic glasses and a toque and talk in the way he does, I don't think it's a far stretch to call the guy a dork. To be fair to the bald one (I'm not sure which is which), he doesn't seem to say much. Curveball, I couldn't agree more with your assessment. It is not funny to watch someone try and be funny. I wonder if when they were making their tape, El Primo Dork said to Bald Dork, OK, you shave your head. I'll wear plastic glasses and talk about fearing my mother. We can't lose.

As far as Wil (I guess he only has one L), I find them entertaining. They're going to cause a lot of drama (when Tara was screeching Wil Wil Wil if I was there I would have slapped her). I hope they last long and cause major scenes. Like what the Teachers would have done if they had made it farther.

Teams we hardly saw any of: Chris and Alex (I suppose they are supposed to be the young hunks of the show) and Hope and Norm (I don't know how, but I am confusing these two with the pastor couple).

clemsonbeav 4208 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

03-12-02, 11:20 AM (EST)
Click to EMail clemsonbeav Click to send private message to clemsonbeav Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Thoughts on 3/11 episode"
I get the two statues confused all the time, too. So, no p.

Java 519 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

03-12-02, 11:15 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Java Click to send private message to Java Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Thoughts on 3/11 episode"
Here's a thought for you: Why don't these people just go home! What a group of whiners. I think it's time for some bashing!!

**puts on some rubber gloves**

I think Claire and Peach should band together and immediately toss Peg and Mary overboard by their ample behinds. Both did nothing but try to bring their respective teams down.

Wil should be forced into male prostitution so he can really get the feeling of being in front. Send those two to Hawaii? Hopefully it will be to separate islands.

Dierdre, you seem like a really nice lady, but put on a shirt, 'kay?

Alex and Chris actually have a brain, and since their heads are interchangeable they'll only need one. They are as hard to tell apart as the roll-down-the-mountain twins.

Team Rev, was it the grace of God or are you just too dumb to figure out why no other teams are at the dock? Did it ever occur to one of you to double check to see if a boat was coming? It worked out for you this time, but let me introduce you to the Mommies...

Blake & Paige & Hope & Norm - aren't you all just so cute, one big happy 4th place family. Can't wait to see what happens when you're all vying for the last open space before elimination.

The Fester wannabees (Less-ters?)weren't too bad, but how can you be the first team to the airport and not get on the first plane? Think maybe you want to rethink that smart@ss attitude, boys?

I'd have an opinion about Danny & Oswald if I could understand a word they said.

**strips off gloves**

Whew. Venting is good for the blood pressure.

Goe Zoe!

L82LIFE 5333 desperate attention whore postings

03-12-02, 01:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail L82LIFE Click to send private message to L82LIFE Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Thoughts on 3/11 episode"
>Dierdre, you seem like a really nice lady, but put on a >shirt, 'kay?

LOL, Java. I thought the same thing. I liked the team, but I'm gald we won't have to keep seeing Mom's belly hanging out all over the place.

Less-ters? I love that!

I think the Blake/Wil interaction should make for alot of fun in coming episodes. Of course, Wil's language skills should more than make up for his annoying personality, right? Not!

Chris/Alex were a non-entity in this Ep. Kind of reminds me of another boring team from race 1. Oh, that's right, those guys won.

I think this should be a fun race to watch. The pace is faster this time.

smiles 675 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

03-12-02, 02:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail smiles Click to send private message to smiles Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Thoughts on 3/11 episode"

>Dierdre, you seem like a really
>nice lady, but put on
>a shirt, 'kay?

My thoughts exactly! Doesn't she know that the camera will ADD 10 lbs? I am sorry to see them go. I would have thought they would have been stronger considering that she was a flight attendant.

Why did the granny's even apply for the show? When granny-driver (forgot her name) said that the other teams were younger and stonger and how could they complete . . .I was like WHY? Didn't you watch last season?

Wil wins JERK OF The YEAR.

I am pretty indifferent about the rest. Although I do like the Twins and Blake and Paige.

Greyhound Xpress 18 desperate attention whore postings

03-12-02, 04:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Greyhound%20Xpress Click to send private message to Greyhound%20Xpress Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: Thoughts on 3/11 episode"
OK, I can see that I am going to be searching through knee-deep threads of messages to look for your messages! First of all, great username "Java". Anywho, I truly believe you cannot entirely enjoy this show unless you approach it the same way you have. I have vented my observations in another thread so I will spare repeating it all, but just had to tell you that I was dying over your message and look forward to your other observations.

katem 3315 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

03-12-02, 11:54 AM (EST)
Click to EMail katem Click to send private message to katem Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Thoughts on 3/11 episode"
Hey Cole, where the heck you've been? Anyway, welcome back to the board.

As for some thoughts on last nights premiere:

Favorites after day one are (in order): Blake and Paige, The Twins (I have to leard their names) and Mary and Peach (I thought Peach was a scream).

The Dorks (OH sorry Dave and whatever ), were not as hard to take as I imagined, maybe they'll rev up in another ep.

MC I know Cincy and Russell are your folks, but as Cole said I just hope that they don't go "Praise Jesus, Praise the Lord" every single time they are on camera. It was only the first episode and it is already old. Having said that, these two folks really surprised me, they did sooooo much better than what I thought, if they continue this way they will be a force.

Will is very difficult to take, and sorry Cole but he is not entertaining. The Guidos were evil, but they were funny. This guy is just a jerk. Tara, run honey, run !!!!!! Will whole fight with Blake was stupid, Will not only lied about actually being at the ticket counter, but his argument that he should get the tix was wrong, Tara left to go find him, tought luck then, they get nothing.

PLUS !!!! Will makes a comment that he would have punched Blake out. Yeah right !!!!! Blake would have buried him before Will even lifted a finger.

As for Oswald and Danny, their comment about flying first class and coach was silly, but they were hardly in the ep for people to really have an opinion about them, just like Hope and Norm, they were barely there.

As for the Grannies, they are so toast.

Anyway, WE ARE BACK !!!!!!

FesterFan1 5947 desperate attention whore postings

03-12-02, 12:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail FesterFan1 Click to send private message to FesterFan1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "HONK if you can't stand Wil"
First of all, he spells his name W-I-L (Already we’re starting on shaky ground). The other L? That’s for LOSER…he wears it on his forehead. Have you ever disliked someone from the moment they opened their yap? Well, Wil had that effect on me. And it got worse every subsequent time he spoke.

As for his “confrontation” with Blake? Either make an issue of it, and pursue some sort of remedy, or DROP IT. Truth be told, you didn’t have much of a leg to stand on, but if you are going to be a jerk from day 1, you could at least be a productive one. Instead you decided to be a passive/aggressive weenie about the whole incident. “We were here first, but WHATEVER. So, you know, you guys haven’t traveled like I’ve traveled, and you’re basically useless without me, but WHATEVER. If that’s how you want to be. WHATEVER.” What the hell is that?! Now you’ve created an enemy, AND you still didn’t get ahead of them in line. Nice job, Gandhi. And then he blames Tara for his screw up. Very manly. And it just got worse from there.

I feel for Tara, I truly do. This guy is an a-hole of the first order (love the “Frankenguido” moniker, btw), and not in a “guy you love to hate” way, either. I’m surprised their marriage lasted as long as it did. What was it, 6 months?

Unfortunately, I get the feeling that they’ll be in it for a good, long while. God bless the mute button.

Fester

katem 3315 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

03-12-02, 03:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail katem Click to send private message to katem Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: HONK if you can't stand Wil"
>First of all, he spells his
>name W-I-L (Already we’re starting
>on shaky ground). The
>other L? That’s for
>LOSER…he wears it on his
>forehead.

Oh and SkyRaider, "Wilma" the was a total hoot, I think it should be his knickname from now on, it's really funny

Cole, glad you corrected yourself about liking Wilma and Tara (actually Tara is not bad, except for her taste in men), now that you have explained your feelings, I have to agree with you, Wilma could turn up to be the troublemaking villain in this game.

volmel 362 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

03-12-02, 12:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail volmel Click to send private message to volmel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Thoughts on 3/11 episode"
I like this Race, I can already tell.

Have to start up front saying I'm rooting for Hope/Norm as my fellow Tennesseans who don't live that far from me. Go Hillbillies.

Like another person said, I was bothered somewhat with female Rev saying God was watching over them or something like that. Hello, does this mean God doesn't like the rest of the contestants? (my apologies to the Rev's son who is on here)

Wil, I wanted to b!tch slap him. From what I could see, didn't he leave the area which made it fair game for the next contestant to get their name on the list? And female Wil, how annoying is she with all her screeching? I'm just hoping that female Wil will pull the old "your shoelace is untied" bit and kick him when he bends over.

Hey, I liked the dorks. I thought Woody Allen dork was hysterical. I laughed my butt off when he told the local he was Jewish and was converting.

The grannies, I wanted to put into one of those motorized wheelchairs and tell them to go to it. I think the wheelchair would have been faster.

I felt so bad for the mother/daughter. Mother felt so bad. I actually shed a tear.

Blake/Paige are so cute! They were perky and bounced up to Fat Maria and kissed it. Lots of energy there and I like them a lot.

Twin 2 looked so scared going down the mountain. Is it me, or do those face cams make the features look out of whack?

Was it Oswald/Danny who made the flying coach comment? Oh barf. You're going to be a big hit in poor countries with your attitudes. Way to go with the snobbiness.

Mary/Peach, they both annoy me. Mary is so bossy and Peach needs to get with the game. Get over that queasiness and buck up soldier.

Chris/Alex - who?

03-12-02, 12:40 PM (EST)
13. "RE: Thoughts on 3/11 episode"
LAST EDITED ON 03-12-02 AT 12:51 PM (EST)

Hey katem, good to see you back here too! OK, let me rephrase a little. It's not that I LIKE Wil (Wilson, perhaps? I'd call myself Wil with one L as well) and Tara. It's that I think they add a lot of hissy fit drama to the show. Clearly he was wrong in the whole boat thing, and when he was berating Blake, I felt bad for Blake. For a 36 year old man (I would have thought he was younger) I was surprised at how childish he was.

But you have to admire the fact that they were 45 minutes behind and beat everyone. Was it me, or were Wil's short's halfway down his a$$?

Can anyone confirm what Tara said? I thought she said we've known each other 3 years and have been separated for 2. You're not "separated" unless you're married. So that means they got married pretty soon after they met and then separated soon after. I thought those were the things you did when you were 21, not 36 and 31.

I'm also trying to figure out their whole relationship. Tara said they're friends and they still do things together. But when they arrived first and got a trip to Hawaii, they didn't kiss or even hug. They high fived. Frangarita at least kissed and were affectionate. Not sure about these two.

managerr 1959 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

03-12-02, 01:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail managerr Click to send private message to managerr Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Thoughts on 3/11 episode"
My take:

Tara & Wil: Hate Wil, Like Tara. The entire incident at the hotel window place was totally his fault. Impressive showing though.

Blake and Paige: Cute, Easygoing Type A personalities. What's not to like? Handed themselves well when confronted by psycho Wil.

Mary and Peach: Wow, an all female team that might not be totally useless. (Ok, Team Momily had their moments, but they were totally outclassed)

Chris and Alex: Who? They were hardly shown at all.

Deirdre and Hillary: I think I would have liked this team if they lasted. How slow must have Hillary went down that hill?

The Grannies: Ugh, this team looks totally worthless. Well, the red-head contestant looks ok, but her partner is totally holding her back. I can't believe they chose "beach" when they were already in last place! And they were whining about being so slow too. Bring back Dave and Marge!

Sholoya and Doyin: Not shown enough really. Liked the way they encouraged each other down the hill.

Cyndi and Russel: What the heck?!?! A couple that gets along on Amazing Race? Didn't they watch Lenny/Karyn and Paul/Amie last season? I am hoping the religion thing is a ruse and they turn out to be the next Team Guido.

The Married Couple: Hardly showed them.

Oswald and Danny: Hardly got any screen time. Their relationship intrigues me.

Gary and Dave: The one with the shaved head is kind of cute actually. They are both so not funny though.

SkyRaider 1301 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

03-12-02, 01:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SkyRaider Click to send private message to SkyRaider Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "Wil(ma) and Tara.....Marriage of convenience?"
According to TeeVee Guide they were married for three months in 1999 and "seperated" but still jointly run a, ahem, "interior decorating business in L.A." Clues: Interior decorators and L.A.

Last night Wilma said that he and she (or was it her - hard to tell the b!tches apart isn't it?) had gone together for a year and a half and got married "but it didn't work out" but they "hope that this experience might bring their, ahem, "marriage back together again." Yeah, okay, you've been seperated for three years, work every day together but all of a sudden see a chance to be media whores and fit in the niche from TAR1's "seperated parents." Uh-huh.

Went together for over a year, didn't realize that they weren't compatible and seperated after three months? Me thinks it was probably because they (1) couldn't agree on who was the he and who was the she or (2) married for either business or tax purposes or (3) to get start up money for their business from their wealthy parents as a wedding gift for the, ahem, loving couple.

And that necklace and bracelet that Wilma is wearing??? Where are the Fashion Police for Good Taste when you need them?

Whores, whores, whores!

realitybites 1174 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

03-12-02, 01:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail realitybites Click to send private message to realitybites Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Thoughts on 3/11 episode"
My thoughts:

* The Girl from Ipanema's charms were wasted on the Grannies. She should have been a greeter.
* Speaking of greeting, Phil did a nice job, and tripled his average airtime from last year. I still prefer giving the locals this job, though.
* What, no road block? I'll live, but I was wondering about this.
* Nobody took the fast forward. Probably wise. The three teams at the tail end should THINK about it for next week.
* I got a shock at the Amazing Race Game site. I ended up with 67 points, #1 of 667. Way cool! Team TARS did fairly well, powered by myself and AyaK; I was the only one who scored positive points in my other league. There are many more points at stake for Wednesday's episode, so I hope my luck can last another week.
* I like the rewards for finishing first, and I'll tolerate the gratuitous plugs to get them.
* The 2 1/4 hour difference between flights proved decisive. It'll probably wash out next week, but you never know.

samced 72 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

03-12-02, 02:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail samced Click to send private message to samced Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Thoughts on 3/11 episode"
Teams I like

Pastors (like you cole &m a catholic, and I feel God has a little bit more things to worry about, than to keep and eye on a game, Im wondering who would they have "thank/blame if they had not gotten on the right boat. Still I like them.

Blake&Paige
Married couple.
mom & daughter (I would have liked to see more of them.
Teams I can't stand
Will, sounds like Bill and acted like him too, "we have travel,
we speak other languages, he is cheating," and tara.

Teams Im indifferent (this will change )
twins
chris and Alex
sisters
Oswald & danny (If the champagne Vs 7-up comments continue I might move them to the can't stand list)
grannies, (at least one of them claire? (short hair) kept saying over and over, how they where 2 old, why apply?

curveball 225 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

03-12-02, 02:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail curveball Click to send private message to curveball Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Thoughts on 3/11 episode"
teams I like...

Blake and Paige (who doesn't?)
twins
Chris and Alex (well, I will I think)
peaches and scream (sick in a car ride though?)
hope and hope not (still mixed feelings on these two)

teams I will be glad to see leave...

mother-daughter (why wasn't Em a nude model?)
guido2 (I saw someone call them the ab-fabs, like it)
wil and wil not
the dorks
Jesus and Mary
and of course, the old bags. (I'm sure they're sweet, but did you really think there'd be a bingo roadblock?)

one more thought - notice how the editing is done so that you never see anyone's cameraman or soundman, even on someone else's footage, even when they are all together (like not even in the background) yet for the first time I noticed you could hear "WIIILLLLLLLLLLLL" in the background of the twins and a couple others.

-cb

J Slice 13166 desperate attention whore postings

03-12-02, 11:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail J%20Slice Click to send private message to J%20Slice Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: Thoughts on 3/11 episode"
>teams I like...
>
>Blake and Paige (who doesn't?)

I don't... I find 'em dull. Just like Ethan, and Amber, and UGGH COLBY... Damn Texas whiny kids. I prefer the troublemakers... Wil's a star... love Dave and Gary ^_^.

-=J=-
President of the Unoffical Dave and Gary fanclub

Greyhound Xpress 18 desperate attention whore postings

03-12-02, 04:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Greyhound%20Xpress Click to send private message to Greyhound%20Xpress Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: Thoughts on 3/11 episode"
Cole,
Your remarks at the end of your personal voting were cracking me up. Here are the pairs I like:

CYNDI & RUSSELL: (I agree with your comment and I'm Catholic too...but it's nice to know that someone referred to the Brazilian landmark correctly!)

BLAKE & PAIGE: I cannot believe how white their teeth are for one...just fun to see the bro and sis work out!

HOPE & NORM: So far it's been a breath of fresh air to see a couple have a little faith in one another rather than whining or nagging. So far so good.

PEGGY & CLAIRE: Really love the attitude of the breast-cancer survivor. My Mom survived breast cancer and I wish she could manage traveling like these women. They're just looking for the experience and fun not so much the bucks!

SHOLA & DOYIN: I just want to see if I will ever be able to tell them apart. Only kidding, they're going to be fun to watch because they're going to use more of their psychological skills in the end by outpsyching others, etc.

GARY & DAVE: Cole, I know you hated these guys but I smell great mock-out material here. First of all, let's really call him for who he is "Woody Allen wannabee!" What can I say I'm brutal and if I see any falter in these two I will be cracking up at their expense. It's as simple as that.

CHRIS & ALEX: Boring, but nice and protects those men who do have genuine friendships, pals, buds and Don't have to be gay about it! OK it's out there. I don't like Oswald & Danny. Keep it in Miami, guys or shall I say gals.

Teams I dislike

OSWALD & DANNY: Must we endure another race with this?

MARY & PEACH: Oh, my gosh, if looks could kill. Did you catch the glance in next week's preview from one of the sisters? Holy cow...I believe we're going to see a serious fight with these two. Way too uncomfortable for moi.

TARA & WILL: Bo Derek look-a-like and IQ perhaps with the Whiner Will are really getting my vote to LOSE! I cannot stand that they won Hawaii.

moonbaby 17120 desperate attention whore postings

03-12-02, 10:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail moonbaby Click to send private message to moonbaby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: Thoughts on 3/11 episode"
Watched the tape tonight (YAY, my vcr works, woooo!) Nice to see the MTV editing has calmed down a wee bit. Team Sistah has potential for bringing us good tv. I only imagine if I were on this with my sister-zingers and jokes-you know how sisters can be. Unfortunately the name Peach makes me think of Nintendo games. The grannies! I love feisty old ladies because I hope to be one. Whatever place they come in I will be cheering them on! The twins! Double your pleasure, double your fun...I hope they find one personality between them Mr. and Mrs. Pastor? Go away. Now. God said so. Seriously, will there be continuous God references with them? Huge turn off. Oswald and Danny-two snaps and you're outta here. But you didn't hear that from me. Bro and ho? They got a discount on tooth whitening, buy one get one free. Did not play nice with the separated couple. Oh yeah, Wil-no like. Another Alpha male wannabe. Who does that leave? Hah, the guys from New York. Wasn't one of them on "Freaks and Geeks?" Really. The other two guys, I'm thinking bland in a been there done that kinda way. I bet they win. Too bad about mom and daughter-it was nice to see them bond. Did I forget anyone? Probably. Hey, it's still early. Phil sounds alot like Sgt Mjr Dever from Combat Missions, btw. Great locations so far-does anyone else think the Girl from Ipanema should be collecting Social Security any day now, or was it just the damaging effects of the sun?

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •