The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Episode 1: Immunity Challenge"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Krautboy 2750 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

01-14-02, 05:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Krautboy Click to send private message to Krautboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Episode 1: Immunity Challenge"
Maybe it's a bit early for this, but I can't help myself...

MB has followed the same pattern for the early Immunity Challenges in all the previous Survivors:

Episode 1: Moving Fire Challenge

S1. “Quest for Fire”
S2. “Bridging the Gap”
S3. “Trail Blazer”

Episode 2: Gross Food Challenge

S1. “Buggin’ Out”
S2. “Tucker’d Out”
S3. “Safari Supper”

The question is, will he follow the same pattern in S4?

The "Tahiti Presse" has reported what sounds like the "Gross Food Challenge" involving only 8 contestants:
http://community.realitytvworld.com/boards/DCForumID26/41.shtml#1

And new vidcaps, from what could be an EP1 Challenge, show contestants leaping into the water:
<http://survivorfever.net/s4-pc-promo.html

We've got a while to figure out the challenges, and this is a place to start...

Krautboy

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Episode 1: Immunity Challenge SurvivorBlows 01-14-02 1
   RE: Episode 1: Immunity Challenge DarkLotus 01-14-02 2
       RE: Episode 1: Immunity Challenge dabo 01-15-02 3
           RE: Episode 1: Immunity Challenge Cin 01-15-02 4
               RE: Episode 1: Immunity Challenge SurvivorBlows 01-15-02 5
                   Fire without Matches... Krautboy 01-15-02 9
                   No Water, No Food, No Fire... Krautboy 01-15-02 10
       Celebration swim Krautboy 01-15-02 7
           RE: Celebration swim DarkLotus 01-15-02 8
 Tribe Colours Canada Girl 01-15-02 6

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

SurvivorBlows 15230 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

01-14-02, 06:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivorBlows Click to send private message to SurvivorBlows Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Episode 1: Immunity Challenge"
I think the odds are good that the first challenges will fit into the same mold.

As far as the vidcaps of the barechested guy (from what little we've seen, I think calling him "husky" is a bit premature) jumping into the water, I DOUBT that's any challenge. The jump is very minor -- it looks like a 5-6 foot tall bank. My guess would be he's just cooling off. ...and based on that image, it does't look like fresh water is going to be any problem (and I'm a bit doubtful it's going to have to be boiled.)

DarkLotus 344 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

01-14-02, 09:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail DarkLotus Click to send private message to DarkLotus Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Episode 1: Immunity Challenge"
>As far as the vidcaps of
>the barechested guy (from what
>little we've seen, I think
>calling him "husky" is a
>bit premature) jumping into the
>water, I DOUBT that's any
>challenge. The jump is
>very minor -- it looks
>like a 5-6 foot tall
>bank. My guess would
>be he's just cooling off.
> ...and based on that
>image, it does't look like
>fresh water is going to
>be any problem (and I'm
>a bit doubtful it's going
>to have to be boiled.)
>

If that guy's just husky, I'm positively slim and trim. But seriously, I have to agree that this doesn't look like a challenge to me. If anything, it looks like maybe the tribe who won an immunity challenge enjoying a day off instead of worrying about TC.

As far as water goes, have we heard anything definite about the state of the water down there? Drinkable straight from the pond, needs boiling, etc.?

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings

01-15-02, 00:00 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Episode 1: Immunity Challenge"
LAST EDITED ON 01-15-02 AT 00:04 AM (EST)

From what we've seen, it seems fresh water is plentiful; it may not make a difference whether it is safe to drink, Burnett might decide to make them boil it anyway. On the other hand, since they will have to forage, fish or hunt (or scavenge) all their (non-reward) food, which can be time-consuming work, it may be that the water is safe to drink.

My question is whether fire will be the centerpiece of the first challenge, again, as well as a reward along with the immunity? My inclination is to believe it will be. The fire is life symbolism is such an established motif in Survivor, the snuffing of each bootie's torch such a tradition, I think it unlikely that it will be done away with.

"If all machines were to be annihilated at one moment, so that not a knife nor lever nor rag of clothing nor anything whatsoever were left to man but his bare body alone that he was born with, and if all knowledge of mechanical laws were taken from him so that he could make no more machines, and all machine-made food destroyed so that the race of man should be left as it were naked upon a desert island, we should become extinct in six weeks. A few miserable individuals might linger, but even these in a year or two would become worse than monkeys." (Samuel Butler, "Erewhon")

Cin 843 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

01-15-02, 08:48 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Cin Click to send private message to Cin Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Episode 1: Immunity Challenge"
They have to have fire if there is a possibility of them getting boar or any kind of meat for food. They could get very sick eating some kind of pork without it being cooked. Fish can be eaten raw, but they have also talked about wild cattle and wild pigs on the island. So I'd be willing to guess the "fire is life" challange will be very important.

Side note They can't have their torches put out without having fire either *grin*

Cin

SurvivorBlows 15230 desperate attention whore postings

01-15-02, 10:28 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivorBlows Click to send private message to SurvivorBlows Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Episode 1: Immunity Challenge"
The previews said "no water, no fod, no fire"

To me this means that Burnett will not be DIRECTLY providing any of these three to the survivors. That means no waterproof matches as a prize for the Ep1 RC.

To me THAT DOESN'T MEAN that they still won't have to light their torches at the TC and won't be allowed to carry the torches back to camp while lit. If my understanding is correct, in the previous Survivor versions this is how the tribe that LOSES the Ep1 RC gets their fire until the tribes merge. If all those flames go out before their next trip to TC, then they are without fire.

I doubt that the "no fire" phrase means anything more than that -- no waterproof matches. Without the matches it IS a siginifcant hardship to either maintain a fire all the time or to learn to aways start a fire on demand.

As someone else already pointed out, I think USEFUL FIREWOOD is going to be a bigger issue here -- maybe Burnett will truck in a few cords of it and scatter it around camp, LOL.

Yes, they have the option of hunting for meat -- but no one says they have to, and if they don't obtain any fire, there will be little point in doing so. The human body is perfectly capable of surviving on bananas, breadfruit, coconuts, etc. for 39 days -- meat is not required.

-SB

01-15-02, 12:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Krautboy Click to send private message to Krautboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "Fire without Matches..."
SB: I agree.

Here's a vidcap from the previews showing fire starting technique. This is probably a native Marquesan, rather than a contestant, but it shows that you are probably correct, if they want fire they will have to make it without matches.

Krautboy

01-15-02, 03:07 PM (EST)
10. "No Water, No Food, No Fire..."
SB, I agree they will not be given water (there's plenty available for them), food (it's abundant in the natural environment)or fire (they will be expected to make their own if they want it, but it is not necessarily needed).

From the most recent batch of Vidcaps…

…eventhough it is not NEEDED for survival, it looks like Fire is still going to be a very important element in Survivor 4.

Krautboy

01-15-02, 11:34 AM (EST)
7. "Celebration swim"
I agree that it looks most like a celebration AFTER winning a challenge. and if that's the case then we have a spoiler that indicates that "husky's tribe may win something in EP1, either RC or IC.

Krautboy

DarkLotus 344 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

01-15-02, 11:55 AM (EST)
Click to EMail DarkLotus Click to send private message to DarkLotus Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Celebration swim"
LAST EDITED ON 01-15-02 AT 12:02 PM (EST)

So the moral here is "follow the fat man". Heck, I been telling people that for years!

Seriously, am I the only one who thinks that S4 is going to be a LOT more "fun" than previous ones? If nothing else, it's a much friendlier location, a lot less harsh than the Outback or Africa.

- Dark Lotus

(edited for spelling)

Canada Girl 3340 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

01-15-02, 10:38 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Canada%20Girl Click to send private message to Canada%20Girl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "Tribe Colours"
On a side note, it looks like the man jumping in the water is wearing a Survivor buff. Aqua marine or baby blue...

From this we can also infer that the other team will be purple, if past logo colours as tribe colours tells us anything...

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •