The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Rankings - Top Ten Girls"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences American Idol General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

emydi 13669 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-01-07, 09:50 AM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Rankings - Top Ten Girls"
Just where is Glowie? Still crying about FNL?

1. Melinda...great great great

2. Stephanie..I liked this just a bit more than Lakisha

3. Lakisha---safe song for her but great

4. Jordin--I really like her...she is DISNEY

5. Sabrina--nice but not sure about her

6. Gina--I hate Heart and this song so meh on that choice...she's like Phil Stacey for me ...on the bubble.

7. Haley--best of the worst but NO MORE WHITNEY

8. Leslie-she's not right for this comp and will be gone this week or next

9. Alaina--bad bad bad

10. Antonella...what a little snot she is and she thinks she can sing Celine and then compares herself to J Hudson. YIPES! However, Simon is not blameless in this He did allow her to get to 24 based on her looks (and now the whole pic thing has mushroomed)-- that other woman should have gotten the last spot. So, I hope VFTW keeps doing its job and she continues ala Kellie Pickler...thank god I do not have to sit thru her or Carrie U. I watch Survivor (of course) and then zip thru the results show in 7 minutes...you should try it!!

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Rankings - Top Ten Girls brvnkrz 03-01-07 1
 RE: Rankings - Top Ten Girls geekboy 03-01-07 2
 RE: Rankings - Top Ten Girls Glow 03-01-07 3
   RE: Rankings - Top Ten Girls brvnkrz 03-01-07 5
       RE: Rankings - Top Ten Girls Glow 03-01-07 8
           RE: Rankings - Top Ten Girls brvnkrz 03-01-07 11
               RE: Rankings - Top Ten Girls CattyChat 03-01-07 17
                   RE: Rankings - Top Ten Girls brvnkrz 03-01-07 20
   RE: Rankings - Top Ten Girls geekboy 03-01-07 6
       RE: Rankings - Top Ten Girls Glow 03-01-07 7
           RE: Rankings - Top Ten Girls emydi 03-01-07 13
   RE: Rankings - Top Ten Girls SilverStar 03-01-07 14
 RE: Rankings - Top Ten Girls xwraith27 03-01-07 4
   RE: Rankings - Top Ten Girls Glow 03-01-07 9
 RE: Rankings - Top Ten Girls CattyChat 03-01-07 10
   RE: Rankings - Top Ten Girls emydi 03-01-07 16
       RE: Rankings - Top Ten Girls CattyChat 03-01-07 18
           RE: Rankings - Top Ten Girls emydi 03-01-07 21
               RE: Rankings - Top Ten Girls CattyChat 03-01-07 22
                   RE: Rankings - Top Ten Girls emydi 03-01-07 23
 RE: Rankings - Top Ten Girls CTgirl 03-01-07 12
   RE: Rankings - Top Ten Girls mrc 03-01-07 15
 RE: Rankings - Top Ten Girls TanNymph 03-01-07 19
   RE: Rankings - Top Ten Girls LeftPinky 03-01-07 25
       RE: Rankings - Top Ten Girls cahaya 03-01-07 27
           RE: Rankings - Top Ten Girls LeftPinky 03-01-07 30
 RE: Rankings - Top Ten Girls tamarama 03-01-07 24
 RE: Rankings - Top Ten Girls cahaya 03-01-07 26
 RE: Rankings - Top Ten Girls buckeyegirl 03-01-07 28
 RE: Rankings - Top Ten Girls priestdi 03-01-07 29
 Top Eight cahaya 03-07-07 31
   RE: Top Eight Fishercat 03-07-07 32
       RE: Top Eight cahaya 03-08-07 33
           RE: Top Eight iltarion 03-08-07 34
           RE: Top Eight Fishercat 03-08-07 35
               RE: Top Eight emydi 03-08-07 36
                   RE: Top Eight Fishercat 03-08-07 37
                       RE: Top Eight emydi 03-08-07 38
                           RE: Top Eight Fishercat 03-08-07 39
                               RE: Top Eight emydi 03-08-07 40

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

brvnkrz 20491 desperate attention whore postings

03-01-07, 09:54 AM (EST)
Click to EMail brvnkrz Click to send private message to brvnkrz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Rankings - Top Ten Girls"
I will just ditto your post. Except I will switch #2 and #3. I liked Lakisha a little better.

geekboy 1788 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

03-01-07, 09:58 AM (EST)
Click to EMail geekboy Click to send private message to geekboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Rankings - Top Ten Girls"
Quite an interesting show, seeing the girls "dip" a bit while the guys rose to the occasion. My rankings:

1 - Melinda. She was simple amazing. I was worried about the song when i saw the spoilers, but she nailed it.
2 - Lakisha. Not as good as last week, but her phrasing in the song was almost as good as Melinda's.
3 - Gina. I'm not sure why she is at the bottom on dialidol, i thought she was brilliant.

-- significant drop here --

4 - Stephanie - pretty good, better last week. why do these girls insist on doing Beyonce/Celine/Whitney????
5 - Sabrina - same as Stephanie. Simon was right. She was screaming. I see someone picked up a diva-ego in a mere 7 days.
6 - Jordin. Meh.

-- another drop here --

7/8/9 - Haley/Lelie/Alaina - in whatever order. All the same, pretty bad.
10 - Antonella. Yeah, she has oobies. Big deal. She can't sing, she shouldn't have gotten past Hollywood. She'll stick around, we're stuck with her, but she still is the worst of the girls.

geekboy

I love puppies! S. Cowell

Glow 14353 desperate attention whore postings

03-01-07, 10:05 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Glow Click to send private message to Glow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Rankings - Top Ten Girls"
What are you talking about? pffft.

Melinda - so humble and talented. This performance was awesome.
Stephanie - like her. too bad she's overlooked.
Lakisha - I ~actually~ think Paris did it better. I thought she looked great though. Shut up, Simon.
Sabrina - she's stunning
Jordin - parts were really good and parts were meh.
Gina - I liked it but Carrie nailed this song.
Haley - I thought she did well if for no other reason than it was fun (I was watching Chris dance) and so different from last week.
Leslie - she's strange. I like that. So? she's gone, I'm sure.
Alaina - love the song and I'm glad somebody chose to sing it but the execution was very unimpressive.
Antonella - I said "did she just compare herself to Jennifer Hudson?!?! No she did not."

03-01-07, 10:13 AM (EST)
Click to EMail brvnkrz Click to send private message to brvnkrz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Rankings - Top Ten Girls"
I think there was a collective *gasp* across the entire country when she compared herself to Jennifer. And if she rolls her eyes at the judges one more time I am going to reach through the tv and poke her eyeballs out. She is this years Kelly Pickler in my mind. Both irritating and annoying in different ways.

One nation, under Romber

03-01-07, 10:22 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Glow Click to send private message to Glow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Rankings - Top Ten Girls"
Unfortunately, she's not even as good as Pickler.

03-01-07, 10:29 AM (EST)
11. "RE: Rankings - Top Ten Girls"
Nor does she have the personality. I can't stand KP but I will say that at least she has a personality. As annoying as it is. I get the feeling that this girl has gotten through life with her boobs, her face and a bottle of beer.

One nation, under Romber

CattyChat 3379 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

03-01-07, 10:52 AM (EST)
Click to EMail CattyChat Click to send private message to CattyChat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Rankings - Top Ten Girls"
Hey, take that back The Pickle is a sweet small town girl, raised by her grandparents! I bought it and am still buying it

(I'm not the ditzy "much too happy to be normal" type, but I am blonde, w/oobies who always looks at the "sunny" side of things, glass-half-full type of girl who smiles a lot and is friendly to everyone I meet until they give me a reason not to be friendly. My parents were screwed up, I had a really horrible childhood, but thankfully my grandparents played a prominent role in my life, enough that I am the "white sheep" of my family . . . my brother & sister, both HS dropouts, legal trouble, sis pregnant at 16 . . . many family members mooching off the "system" . . . thanks to my grandparents and aunt and uncle, I was able to make the choice to instill in myself a completely different set of values that my parents & sibs were/are living by. Anywhoo, it bugs the heck out of me that on first glance people assume I'm a bimbo ditzy blonde (living in Jersey doesn't help matters thanks to girls like Antonella) or they assume that I can't have values because of the way I look. Everything I have in my life was due to my own hard work & not dwelling on the sucky things that I lived through. Not all girls who physically look a certain way look for a sugar daddy to get them through life & rely on their "subjective looks" to get by.

So, I have rallied behind the Pickle, because I just got a sense that she is sincere in her bubbly, goofy ways. I love the way she talks about her grandparents & I can 100% relate to that & believe she is sincere. But that's just my opinion. I'm happy that she has a chance to make a better life for herself and she has a sunny personality & view on life. She makes me smile.

I don't mind that so many here are irritated & have such strong feelings against Kellie, but that just makes me rally to her side that much more. Luv you all in spite of your "distaste for the Pickle."

03-01-07, 11:00 AM (EST)
20. "RE: Rankings - Top Ten Girls"
I like Kosher, dill pickles a lot. So cut me some slack.

One nation, under Romber

geekboy 1788 desperate attention whore postings

03-01-07, 10:15 AM (EST)
Click to EMail geekboy Click to send private message to geekboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Rankings - Top Ten Girls"
Looks like Glow wants a bit more 'splainin from me.

Stephanie/Sabrina - I was simply wowed by them last week. I don't think they were AS good this week. I think Melinda and Gina picked it up a notch and are competing. I think Stephanie "coasted" a bit this week, and Sabrina's ego resulted in a bad choice and screaming.

geekboy

I love puppies! S. Cowell

03-01-07, 10:21 AM (EST)
7. "RE: Rankings - Top Ten Girls"
heh. The "what are you talking about" was for emy saying I was crying over FNL. I was a good girl last night and watched AI first.

03-01-07, 10:43 AM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Rankings - Top Ten Girls"
NOOOO I thought you were still crying this am that's why you didn't post this thread!

Courtesy of arkiegirl!!

SilverStar 6205 desperate attention whore postings

03-01-07, 10:45 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SilverStar Click to send private message to SilverStar Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Rankings - Top Ten Girls"
I agree with your rankings, but not some of the comments. I do not like Leslie at all. I hope she goes home tonight.

Handcrafted by RollDdice, Inspired by Monstah

xwraith27 1136 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

03-01-07, 10:05 AM (EST)
Click to EMail xwraith27 Click to send private message to xwraith27 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Rankings - Top Ten Girls"
LAST EDITED ON 03-01-07 AT 10:08 AM (EST)

Got some sound problems with my TV this week so I'm gonna have to listen to the performances again for a real review, but FWIW:

1. Melinda
2. Stephanie
3. Lakisha
4. Sabrina
5. Jordin
6. Gina
7. Leslie
8. Haley
9. Alaina
10. Antonella

Edit: There ya go.. after looking at Glow's post, I guess the sound problems didn't affect my ranking powers after all.

03-01-07, 10:23 AM (EST)
9. "RE: Rankings - Top Ten Girls"
Looks like I wasn't in my own bubble this week.

03-01-07, 10:27 AM (EST)
Click to EMail CattyChat Click to send private message to CattyChat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Rankings - Top Ten Girls"
Emy, you sum things up pretty well, ESPECIALLY with regard to Antonella. I knew she had to be a beyotch, since her BFF is such a snot. In most cases, birds of a feather . . .

However, I like the Pickle. I thought she was super adorable last season. Not as strong, vocally, to make it any further than she did, but Kellie is loads better than Alaina & Antonella, plus no snotty remarks ever came from Kellie. I bought my first country CD since I was 8 years old and Kellie sounds really good doing her own country pop thing. Tonight she is singing a song she cowrote relating to her mother and it's a good one. You might want to give it a listen. Her best song is one that is for/about her grandmother. She sang it for the first time on The View and got a bit emotional. I'm a minority on these boards who liked the Pickle

Anyway, back to the rankings . . . and, yeah, where is Glowie????

1. Melinda (2) ~~ She is the best this season has to offer.

2. Sabrina (3) ~~ I really like her. Her vocals are strong and right on so far. I wish she had more of an edit early on, because we haven't gotten a chance to "know her" yet and that will probably hurt her.

3. Lakisha (1) ~~ Not nearly as good as last week, but it's doubtful she'll top that performance. I'm curious to see her tackle other styles of music. She is great at the old Motown stuff.

4. Stephanie (5) ~~ She was much better last week, but the competition was fiercer for the gals. She's still one of the best this season, overall, but she may lose her deserved spot to crappy eye candy and/or slutty "singers."

5. Jordin (4) ~~ I think Jordin is a doll & really talented. She was better last week, but she better make the top 6. I couldn't stand Paris last season and Jordin is a breath of fresh "sweet" air.

6. Haley (10) ~~ "Best of the Worst" is right on, Emy. Couldn't have said it better myself.

7. Leslie (7) ~~ I thought she did a pretty good job on the song, but nothing about her appeals to me for some reason.

8. Gina (8) ~~ You know, her vocals may have been okay (NOT GREAT or NOTABLE), but the shrieking of the background vocalist really ruined it. Absolutely no harmony whatsoever. Dreadful.

9. Alaina (11) ~~ You know, she started out pretty decent, but then it went all to heck. She was very breathy when she started & I think she is scared to death and that is affecting her vocals. She's not ready for a competition like this, but at least she's a nice, sweet girl without an attitude.

10. Antonella (12)) ~~ What Emy said. You know, I could care less that she's a ho and continuing to keep the stereotype alive that (Italian) Jersey girls are tacky, hoochies with no class nor self-respect (as an "Italian" Jersey girl myself, it drives me nuts!!!!) What bugs me the most about Antonella is she CAN'T sing & has no business being in this competition. Her spot should have gone to that Melissa girl or any number of other girls who were passed up for style over substance. Add to that, she tries to play the "I'm sweet and shy, really" role and mouths off to Simon??? No one is falling for that act.

NOT ENOUGH SCANDAL TO KEEP THEM IN THE COMPETITION:

Boot 1: Amy (9) ~~ Didn't upset me. Not strong enough anyway.

Boot 2: Nicole (6) ~~ This one bothered me a lot. IMO, aside from Melinda, Lakisha, Sabrina, Steph & Jordin, Nicole was the only one with serious talent. Her vocals were great!!! She got practically nothing of an edit to show her initial audition & Hollywood performances (what I saw, she was a standout talent). Wish she would have picked a different song or people would have taken notice that even if they didn't think a white girl should sing an "urban" song, she sang the heck out of it. I was at the theatre last week during the girls' performances, otherwise I would have voted like mad to hope to save this one from her much-too-early demise.

One nation, under Romber...

03-01-07, 10:51 AM (EST)
16. "RE: Rankings - Top Ten Girls"
that is right, you a Pickle....

How bout i stop the DVR when I see her sing and see...

Courtesy of arkiegirl!!

03-01-07, 10:54 AM (EST)
18. "RE: Rankings - Top Ten Girls"
that is right, you a Pickle....

That's right, so don't hold that against me.

03-01-07, 11:08 AM (EST)
21. "RE: Rankings - Top Ten Girls"
I never would

and I agree with glowie...Pickler is miles ahead of Antonella

I still don't like her....we will agree to disagree!

Courtesy of arkiegirl!!

Courtesy of arkiegirl!!

03-01-07, 11:42 AM (EST)
22. "RE: Rankings - Top Ten Girls"
Hey, if we all like the same things, the world would be a very boring place.

At least we agree on the really important stuff that matters most *ahemROMBERahem*

03-01-07, 12:39 PM (EST)
23. "RE: Rankings - Top Ten Girls"
Um I don't like Romber bc of Ambuh

Courtesy of arkiegirl!!

Courtesy of arkiegirl!!

CTgirl 8013 desperate attention whore postings

03-01-07, 10:37 AM (EST)
Click to EMail CTgirl Click to send private message to CTgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Rankings - Top Ten Girls"
Maybe I was cranky last night because I fell on the ice and messed up my ankle and was cuddling up with an ice pack, but I didn’t like a lot of the song choices. Several girls have superior voices but I think the gap was closed slightly this week between the girls and the boys.

1. Lakisha – I love her.
2. Melinda – She has a lovely voice and she is refreshingly humble. I don’t like the song “My Funny Valentine” so she didn’t wow me.
3. Sabrina – Her performance wasn’t perfect, but there is something about her I really like.
4. Gina – I’m rooting for her to go a little further, but I agree with Simon that I expected something edgier from her.
5. Jordin – Her voice has potential but she shouldn’t be doing Christina A.
6. Stephanie – Another nice voice, and she has such poise, but that song lost me.
7. Haley – So-so cover, but at least she was having fun and it was a rockin’ song compared to the others!
8. Leslie – Nice voice but too quirky to gain a lot of fans and too awkward looking performing for me to enjoy it.
9. Alaina – Poor performance.
10. Antonella – Awful performance! I have mixed feelings about VFTW. I think it’s funny, but then I get angry when someone deserving goes home (usually someone I like! Like if Gina goes home tonight!)

mrc 10113 desperate attention whore postings

03-01-07, 10:48 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mrc Click to send private message to mrc Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Rankings - Top Ten Girls"
I can't argue with these rankings.

Slice & Dice Chop Shop 2004

TanNymph 309 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

03-01-07, 10:57 AM (EST)
Click to EMail TanNymph Click to send private message to TanNymph Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Rankings - Top Ten Girls"
Top 2

1. Melinda - She is amazing. So shy and unasuming during the interview and then when she sings it's like a completely different person. Love her!

2. Lakisha - Thought she was fabulous!

Big drop to Middle 4 - In no particular order

Gina
Sabrina
Jordan
Stephanie

Another big drop
Leslie
Haley
Alaina
Antonella

LeftPinky 4150 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

03-01-07, 02:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail LeftPinky Click to send private message to LeftPinky Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: Rankings - Top Ten Girls"
You saved me from typing. Just as I would have put it.

Thanks Uncle Tribe, I lvoe it!

cahaya 19891 desperate attention whore postings

03-01-07, 02:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cahaya Click to send private message to cahaya Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "RE: Rankings - Top Ten Girls"
Yup, a lot of us have very similar tiered rankings, give or take a place or two. There's a pretty solid consensus about the gals, while the guys are going to have to step it up a whole notch if they're going to compete.

LeftPinky 4150 desperate attention whore postings

03-01-07, 07:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail LeftPinky Click to send private message to LeftPinky Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
30. "RE: Rankings - Top Ten Girls"
There's guys competing???

Thanks Uncle Tribe, I lvoe it!

tamarama 1785 desperate attention whore postings

03-01-07, 02:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tamarama Click to send private message to tamarama Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: Rankings - Top Ten Girls"
Ack! Still having a hard time finding the time to do & read the rankings! It's one of my favorite parts. Anyway, here's my stab at it:

1. Melinda Doolittle, “My Funny Valentine”
Melinda’s got it all – an incredible voice, crazy skill, great personality, engaging performance. Plus, she chose to sing one of my all-time favorite songs – and she did it beautifully. I think she will continue to shine just a little brighter than Lakisha.

2. Lakisha Jones, “Midnight Train to Georgia”
Lakisha is excellent, and I like this song choice – shows a different dynamic from last week. To me, though, she’s not as engaging as Melinda. (I didn’t like the outfit either.)

3. Leslie Hunt, “Feeling Good”
I really like the sound of Leslie’s voice – and I think she did a better job this week both with song selection and performance. I worry that she’ll be lost in the shuffle because she’s not a brass instrument, she’s more of a reed. Reeds are good too.

4. Jordin Sparks, “Reflection”
Jordin is absolutely adorable, and she can sang! She will eventually be in the Melinda/Lakisha league, but she’s not quite there yet. She’s dang close though. Give her a few years – big voices take more time to tame. Aside from the fact that she’s extremely likable and extremely talented, I like the fact that she’s not playing dress up, and she’s not singing inappropriate songs. (Paris, Sanjaya)

5. Gina Glocksen, “Alone”
I think Gina was only ‘pretty good.’ I think she picked a song that was slightly too big in an effort to match up with Lakisha & Melinda. She should stop that. She’s a good singer with a good-sized voice – there are plenty of songs she can do that won’t make it sound like she’s trying to oversing.

6. Stephanie Edwards, “Dangerously In Love” AND Sabrina Sloan, “All the Man that I Need”
Stephanie & Sabrina strike me as just two more r&b diva wannabees. There are bazillions of girls out there like these two. Yes, they have good voices, and skills, and talent – but we’ve all seen it before. And their skills are not where they should be – both of them have shown some cracks that might not even be noticed normally, but with L&M in this competition? At least one of them will make the top 12, but we’ll see problems with lack of versatility from either or both of them.

8. Haley Scarnato, “Queen of the Night”
I really can’t stand this chick. Something about her feels so phony to me – and by the way she stands & smiles, you know dang well she’s been a pageant girl for some time. Oh – by the way, she’s not that good a singer either. Terrible song choice, terrible execution. Seems a little snotty to me too – making faces at the judges comments? Hmmm.

9. Alaina Alexander, “Not Ready to Make Nice”
She just doesn’t sing well. A tiny amount of credit for a better song choice than last week, but she should be going home. Will she? I think so.

10. Antonella Barba, “Because You Loved Me”
Antonella, like Alaina, simply does not belong here. Second smallest voice in the group, so she sings a Celine song? Stupid. Simon was falling all over himself to be diplomatic with her…so she compares herself to Jennifer Hudson??! Go home Antonella.

03-01-07, 02:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cahaya Click to send private message to cahaya Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: Rankings - Top Ten Girls"
It was another good night for the ladies.

Idols

(1) Melinda - Wow, she blew me away. That was incredible! With minimal music, it was all her. Wonderful, beautiful song.

(2) Lakisha - Who says she can't move? Nice contrast to last week's song, although probably not quite as good as last week. She made it look all too easy, smooth and effortless, and has a good chance to take the AI title.

Hopeful contenders

(3) Jordin - The song fit her and she fit the song nicely. There's as much personality as there is voice coming out in her song. While she's not quite (almost) at the level of Lakisha and Melinda, she's probably the best of the rest.

(4) Sabrina - She was ok, testing her limits a bit with this song. I could listen to her but she's not that enjoyable to watch. I'd rate her within the 2nd tier of the ladies.

(5) Stephanie - Maybe a technically well executed song, but I just couldn't get involved in it. Stephanie's song range seems limited towards the type of song she sang this week; there are a lot of songs I can't imagine her doing, but she's really mature for 19 years old.

Looking worried

(6) Gina - Not bad, good song for her, I kinda liked her performance, confidently coming on strong at the end. Simon's right in that she needs to establish an identity, as there are other girls here who'll out-wow her.

(7) Leslie - Not bad, really, I kinda liked the song and she was on top of it, but that's not going to cut it with this kind of competition.

(8) Haley - Not the right song for her, I think. It was an 'ok' performance, lively even, but she knows the competition and she is already looking worried about being eliminated.

Outa here.

(9) Alaina - Alas, not there tonally for much of the latter half of the song, losing harmony. Still, she gave it a pretty good shot. And she's pretty. She could be on the bubble for going home.

(10) Antonella - Nope, not there, not even with the accomanyment. She's already out of her league. Nice try, but... should be next out (in spite of the voting).

Wayang Kulit puppet show by Tribe.

buckeyegirl 5449 desperate attention whore postings

03-01-07, 04:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail buckeyegirl Click to send private message to buckeyegirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "RE: Rankings - Top Ten Girls"
LAST EDITED ON 03-01-07 AT 07:46 PM (EST)

Favorites

Melinda...I love her! She outsung everyone last night. Great voice, and I like how humble she is.

2. Stephanie-Like emyi said, just a tad better then Lakisha

3. Lakisha-She didn't blow me away like last week, but still a great performance.

In the middle:

4. Sabrina-I always forget who she is, then I'm pleasantly surprised by how strong of a singer she is.

5. Jordin-what's not to like about her? I normally don't like the younger girls, but she can sing! Loved her song choice.

6. Gina-I like her because she's just a bit different, but I keep going back and forth about her.

The best of the worst
7. Haley- I'm not sure why, but I like her. She just needs to work on her song choice.

8. Leslie-I really want to like her, but she's outclassed.

9. Alaina-I liked her better this week, but still have no idea how she made it to the top 24.

--I just realized my list is almost the same as Emyi's. I swear I didn't do it on purpose.

Really, really, really, far down...
10. Antonella-I don't like her voice or her personality. Fighting with Simon is never smart. I can see her being a "precious little monster with no talent."

priestdi 378 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

03-01-07, 05:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail priestdi Click to send private message to priestdi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
29. "RE: Rankings - Top Ten Girls"

emydi!

I pasted over your list, just to use as a template to move names around?

And I decided I more or less agree with yours, lol.

there are three that are a total crapshoot for me -- haley, gina and leslie. so I'll toss them in the air, and hey they landed just like yours.

so a big ditto from me.

03-07-07, 11:07 PM (EST)
31. "Top Eight"
With Alaina and Leslie out last week, it looks like it should be Antonella and maybe Haley out this week.

Idols

(1) Melinda - Oh, yeah. We're lookin' at the next American Idol! She's phonomenal. I liked her a lot from the very beginning and like her even more now.

(2) Lakisha - Lakisha in true form. She didn't wow me like a couple of other songs she's done in the past, but it's clear why she's among the very few favorites to be the next Idol.

Hopefuls

(3) Jordin - Pretty good and energetic, although not a top-flight performance. There was a lot of background music, more to show off stage presence and personality as singing and she pulled it off reasonably well.

(4) Stephanie - Up til this week, I didn't like her stage presence even if her voice was pretty good. She stepped it up a notch this week with that song, which she did really well. I found myself liking it.

Still lookin' worried

(5) Sabrina - I never really did like Sabrina's stage performing that much anyway, but this was a pretty good performance by her - solid (as Randy put it) but somewhat emotionless (as Simon put it). Better than a hotel resort singer, though.

(6) Gina - Ok, she gambled and cut loose. Yup, she belongs with a band. What Simon is really saying is that two other ladies (starting with Antonella) should go out this week while we have Gina for variety for another week.

Seeya later!

(7) Haley - A sincere and happy sort of performance by Haley, but it's like she's on stage rather than taking the stage.

(8) Antonella - She needs training and more experience even though she has gotten better every week. For being as young as she is, she seems to be holding her composure fairly well.

Rays of light by tribe.

Fishercat 4168 desperate attention whore postings

03-07-07, 11:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Fishercat Click to send private message to Fishercat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
32. "RE: Top Eight"
1) Melinda (Pretty clear #1 this week)

2) Lakisha (She oversang it and I don't think her Whitney was as good as McPhee, but she was still very good)

3) Jordin (She's not Pat Benatar, but she was a lot more exciting than most of the other girls this week)

4) Stephanie (I guess, she was okay but not great. I think she is in danger of going home: too many divas and she was unremarkable)

5) Sabrina (Probably dead, the worst of the Diva-types. She was good tonight, but not good enough)

6) Antonella (Not a bias vote, I honestly didn't think her Corinne Bailey Rae was that bad, it was smooth enough and not a complete butcher. Worst natural singer there, but honestly, not the worst tonight)

7) Haley (Heather Cox pt. II)

8) Gina (Her shouting into the mic LITERALLY gave me a headache, there was nothing about that performance of Evanesence that I liked)

03-08-07, 02:16 AM (EST)
33. "RE: Top Eight"
Well, we agree on the top 5 so let's not quibble on the bottom three, shall we?

I'm curious where you'd place, say, Chris Sligh (or the best guy of your choice) in this ranking. I'd say about 4th, not quite as good as Jordin but maybe better than Stephanie.

iltarion 1791 desperate attention whore postings

03-08-07, 05:30 AM (EST)
Click to EMail iltarion Click to send private message to iltarion Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
34. "RE: Top Eight"
1. Lakisha - I am not a huge Lakisha fan, but she is tops for this week. She sang the best song, the most challenging song, and she pulled it off. As good as Whitney? Please. You would have to be on something. There are no low notes when Whitney sings it. There are soft notes. But neither Lakisha nor Melinda seem to know what a soft note is. Lakisha put in low notes for soft notes, but still good enough to be #1. There are few women that should even try to sing that song. She is definitely one who can.
2. Sabrina - Disagree with the judges, no surprise. Sabrina has a big voice AND she knows how to emotionally commit to it. I loved her, again. I pray to God she makes the final 12.
3. Jordan - I LOVED the fact she did this song. She brings fantastic energy to the stage. She could not hit all the notes, for once showing some limitations. Pat Benatar has fantastic range. But her performance was electric and her singing good enough to be this high compared to the others.
4. Gina - I LOVED the fact she brought something different by taking on Evanescence. Amy Lee has an operatic voice that Gina could not quite match, nor could any of the other women in this competition. She had fun, and so did I watching her.
5. Antonella - She has a great voice and is gorgeous. The judges want a screamer this time around, and her style is too laid back. She is taking too much abuse, mostly because of her looks. She is a better singer than anyone posting on this board, I'm quite sure. Jealousy is not the best policy. In my opinion, she was 5th best this time around.
6. Melinda - Gets this spot out of sheer talent and the fact that I like her, but honestly, that didn't work for me at all. Best performance of the night? Clearly? If you say so. Judges love her apparently no matter what she sings. That song is supposed to be sultry and sexy. It was neither. Tiger is right. She is all aggression and no silkiness. Instead of harping on Gina nonstop and fawning over Melinda, someone tell this woman to stop over-singing and insert some melody into her songs.
7. Stephanie - Didn't work for me. Has Stephanie or Melinda tried to sing anything different? Any variety? Her youth shows in her delivery. When matched with the women she is matched with, nothing about her stands out.
8. Haley - I like Haley, and I hate the abuse she has taken. She is a very talented singer who also can perform. It is ridiculous that the judges can't find anything positive to say about her. Randy wants the wow factor. Well, when I look at Haley I get WOW just from that. I don't get the Faith Hill song at all though. It did nothing for me. She was admittedly the worst performer this time around, and I'll be sorry when she is likely gone.

03-08-07, 11:35 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Fishercat Click to send private message to Fishercat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
35. "RE: Top Eight"
Chris S.: Second or Third in the ranking of eight girls. I only put Melinda definitively above him, and Lakisha may be above him. None of the other top him IMO. I think he easily tops my #3.

My second favorite male (Blake) would probably be third or fourth in a ranking without Sligh.

03-08-07, 12:21 PM (EST)
36. "RE: Top Eight"
then put lists in PTTE should go and will go

tribey is my hero!

03-08-07, 12:54 PM (EST)
37. "RE: Top Eight"
I never got how PTTE worked. Confused the hell out of me. I get the basic idea (I predict x to go out sixth, he goes out seventh, I get a point), but with the penalties and changing orders, confused me.

03-08-07, 12:55 PM (EST)
38. "RE: Top Eight"
just put in your lists and ask questions! You get 4 pts for each change on WILL GO and you can't change your SHOULD GO list

tribey is my hero!

03-08-07, 01:16 PM (EST)
39. "RE: Top Eight"
Each individual change or each weekly change?

For instance, how many points would this cost me

From (for instance)

1. Melinda
2. Chris S.
3. Chris R.
4. Lakisha
5. Blake
6. Gina
7. Sanjaya
8. Stephanie
9. Phil
10. Jordin
11. Antonella
12. Sundance

To (say Stephanie is eliminated at 12)
1. Melinda
2. Chris S.
3. Chris R.
4. Lakisha
5. Blake
6. Gina
7. Sanjaya
8. Antonella (from 11)
9. Phil
10. Jordin
11. Sundance (from 12)
12. Stephanie (eliminated, from 8)

03-08-07, 01:29 PM (EST)
40. "RE: Top Eight"
Well you'd get 4 pts after Steph goes and then you get 4 pt penalty for each list change...you can change everyone on your list and only get a 4 pt penalty (you can even change your list any no. of times during the week...I'll take the last list before the deadline--1 min before performance show starts)

The trick is to try to change as little as possible, you have to calculate if it's worth it...

And after someone is booted, they don't move from your list unless you change it.

Therefore in your example, Steph would stay at 8 and then at F8 you would def get at least one pt.

Put lists in and if you have any questions, ask xwraith while I'm gone and you can ask questions each week too

tribey is my hero!

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •