The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"The latest preview w/ vidcaps (1/17/02)"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Bungler 497 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

01-17-02, 09:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bungler Click to send private message to Bungler Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"The latest preview w/ vidcaps (1/17/02)"
LAST EDITED ON 01-17-02 AT 09:56 PM (EST)

{Announcer} February 28th, Survivor's going back to the beach for TV's wildest adventure.
{Rudy Boesch} Bring a toothbrush.
{Susan Hawk} cackles...
{Announcer} But this time the castaways will have to find their own food, water, and make their own fire.
{Kelly Wigglesworth} Don't do it, man!
{Announcer} The all-new Survivor Marquesas.
{Gervase Peterson} If you think you know how the game is played...
{Richard Hatch} ...think again.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: The latest preview w/ vidcaps (... DarkLotus 01-17-02 1
 RE: The latest preview w/ vidcaps (... SurvivorBlows 01-18-02 2
   RE: The latest preview w/ vidcaps (... jkokoj 01-18-02 3
       RE: The latest preview w/ vidcaps (... Bungler 01-18-02 4
 Thanks B s_man 01-18-02 5
 RE: The latest preview w/ vidcaps (... FesterFan1 01-18-02 6
   RE: The latest preview w/ vidcaps (... The_Doc 01-18-02 7
   RE: The latest preview w/ vidcaps (... Java 01-19-02 15
 "Water is Life"? Krautboy 01-18-02 8
   RE: "Water is Life"? The_Doc 01-18-02 9
       RE: "Water is Life"? lroy 01-18-02 10
           RE: "Water is Life"? Krautboy 01-18-02 11
               What the Preview gave us... The_Doc 01-18-02 12
                   RE: What the Preview gave us... The_Doc 01-18-02 13
                       RE: What the Preview gave us... Bungler 01-18-02 14
                           RE: What the Preview gave us... simone 01-20-02 22
                               RE: What the Preview gave us... Bungler 01-21-02 23
 Guy in the upper right dabo 01-19-02 16
   RE: Guy in the upper right Java 01-19-02 17
       RE: Guy in the upper right dabo 01-19-02 18
           RE: Guy in the upper right The_Doc 01-19-02 19
               RE: Guy in the upper right lroy 01-20-02 20
                   RE: Guy in the upper right The_Doc 01-20-02 21

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

DarkLotus 344 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

01-17-02, 11:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail DarkLotus Click to send private message to DarkLotus Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: The latest preview w/ vidcaps (1/17/02)"
Good stuff, thanks bungler!

After seeing a few more vidcaps, I'm now more inclined to agree with those who've been saying that the guy jumping into the water is part of a challenge or somesuch.

And who is the lovely lady in the bikini?

And the words "MAKE FIRE" seem to be pretty predominant in the ad... I guess that confirms that fire will be a part of the show.

- Dark Lotus

SurvivorBlows 15230 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

01-18-02, 10:19 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivorBlows Click to send private message to SurvivorBlows Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: The latest preview w/ vidcaps (1/17/02)"
Thanks Bungler... when this this preview air? Sometime Thursday night?

...just wondering because although I only watched CBS during the Back From Africa show, I didn't see this preview.

-SB

jkokoj 4389 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

01-18-02, 10:46 AM (EST)
Click to EMail jkokoj Click to send private message to jkokoj Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: The latest preview w/ vidcaps (1/17/02)"
Thanks for getting these up.

I watched the previews last night. They were shown directly after the "Back from Africa" show.

It appears to me that we have now been shown at least 3-4 of the current survivors. One (1) man and possibly (3) different women. I cannot locate the other woman in the bikini walking on the beach but I do not think she is the same woman in either of the above vid caps.

I think someone mentioned on another thread that we should watch who we are shown first as this maybe an indication of our final survivor. Food for thought.

This is my first real substantial spoiling post and I am excited to be here.

01-18-02, 10:55 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Bungler Click to send private message to Bungler Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: The latest preview w/ vidcaps (1/17/02)"
Notice too that on the first and second shots of the guy jumping into the water, there's another guy leaning on the rocks in the upper right hand corner. We don't see much of him, but I think that's another of our Survivors.

The girl walking on the beach was on the People's Choice Awards preview, which I did not catch. Paratrooper has 'em up at SurvivorFever though, so be sure to stop by there and see 'em.

s_man 579 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

01-18-02, 11:17 AM (EST)
Click to EMail s_man Click to send private message to s_man Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "Thanks B"
LAST EDITED ON 01-18-02 AT 02:25 PM (EST)

Looks like 3 useable contestant photos. Somebody, somewhere knows these people and is wondering where they were for 6 weeks.

Hey, YOU, who's friend was gone for all that time - LET US KNOW!!!

FesterFan1 5947 desperate attention whore postings

01-18-02, 12:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail FesterFan1 Click to send private message to FesterFan1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: The latest preview w/ vidcaps (1/17/02)"
I happened to get this preview on tape as well and spent some time trying to analyze some of the frames included in these vidcaps.

Here are some thoughts I had:

1) I missed the person in the upper right corner. This combined with the woman at the bottom makes me wonder if this is part of some sort of relay challenge.

2) The person in the tree appears to be an African-American male. It's harder to tell in these vidcaps (at least on my computer), but I'm pretty sure on this one.

3) The person in the "Find Water" vidcap appears to be carrying a water tank. Can we deduce from this that there is a clean fresh water spring that is away from the campsites? Also, I couldn't get a clear enough look at the person to tell if they were male or female.

Fester

The_Doc 15 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

01-18-02, 01:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail The_Doc Click to send private message to The_Doc Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: The latest preview w/ vidcaps (1/17/02)"
I do not believe that his "tree person is an african american male..It seems that it is just a causasion persun in the shade...its kinda hard to tell the difference...but I wonder did Mark Burnett finally get the balls to cast some asians or even Arabs on the show!?

The_Doc Hath Spoken

Java 519 desperate attention whore postings

01-19-02, 00:29 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Java Click to send private message to Java Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: The latest preview w/ vidcaps (1/17/02)"
Looks like a female wearing an aqua buff as a halter/tube top to me.

Java

Krautboy 2750 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

01-18-02, 04:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Krautboy Click to send private message to Krautboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. ""Water is Life"?"
Thanks Bungler, Your still the Vidcap King...

The "husky" guy jumping into the water is wearing shoes and his buff on his head. Would he wear shoes and his buff if this was just a leisure swim? Maybe, if they just came back from winning a challenge and were too excited to remove shoes and buff first...

The part that has me confused is the previous EP1 pattern:

In each of the previous survivors there has been only one challenge, for immunity with a reward of matches thrown in. All the previous EP1 challenges have also involved moving fire. So, if the guy jumping into the water is participating in the EP1 challenge, where is the fire that they are moving?

Has MB decided to downplay the "fire is life" theme in S4, because "fire is not really life" in Tahiti, fire is comfort and warmth, but not life?

Can we assume that the tribe winning Immunity in EP1 does not get matches, only Immunity?

If MB has changed the EP1 challenge and eliminated the heavy fire symbolism, what has he replaced it with..."Water is Life!"

Will the EP1 challenge be all about moving water? Swimming through water? Paddling across the water? Jumping into water? Pulling fish out of the water?

Can't you picture Jeff standing in front of the 16 new contestants introducing the EP1 Immunity Challenge saying something like, "here on this lush tropical island in the South Pacific, the native Marquesans will all tell you the same thing...

..."Water is Life!"

Krautboy

01-18-02, 04:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail The_Doc Click to send private message to The_Doc Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: "Water is Life"?"
Have you considered the fact that this may not be a challenge but a celebration of gettin to the camp like Kucha?

The Water is life explains alot...But how would jeff probst get rid of the Water...dump out a bucket? He cant snuff a torch if water is life...right...So maybe he dumps the water into a stream or something...who knows..any thoughts on this Id like to hear.

The_Doc hath spoken AGAIN!

lroy 536 desperate attention whore postings

01-18-02, 05:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail lroy Click to send private message to lroy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: "Water is Life"?"
Here's an idea!

After you get voted out Jeffy says, "Bring me your torch." As the contestant walks up with their torch and belongings, Jeffy squats to pick something up. "On the islands FIRE and WATER are life..." He then throws a bucket of water on them, dousing the torch and leaving the voted out sopping wet.

Sorry couldn't resist

Krautboy 2750 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

01-18-02, 06:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Krautboy Click to send private message to Krautboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: "Water is Life"?"
Thanks lroy, now I have to clean up the coffee I sprayed all over my desk!!

Krautboy

01-18-02, 07:28 PM (EST)
12. "What the Preview gave us..."
Oki...We have three men... (1)The one in the corner... (2)the guy jumping... (3)and the guy climbing the Palm Tree.All seem to be wearing Turquise/aqua buffs...We we have a non-gender person carrying the water jug...and finally the Two Girls... (1)shaking the palm tree... (2)cheering or watching the guy jump in the water...what can we do with this information...that is the question

The_Doc hath spake...or Spoken...who really cares

01-18-02, 07:49 PM (EST)
13. "RE: What the Preview gave us..."
LAST EDITED ON 01-18-02 AT 07:58 PM (EST)

After Careful analysis of the footage in the Water scene...I have come the conclusion that this person is a urban class Tan male. The hightops are a dead giveaway...White Basketball shoes it seems. And it looks as though He is wearing a pair of sweatpants...Quite possibly an athlete...Basketball player...like gervase and clarence. The man climbing the palm tree has a buff on his wrist looks to be aqua...So he seems to be 40's maybe 30's tryin to climb a palm tree...incidentally that is really hard. I tried it once...Probably upper middle class...maybe a Doctor, Lawyer, or have some sort of high paying job. Also it looks as thought the man jumping has 5 o'clock shadow.More to come as I watch this thing Over...and Over...and Over.

The_Doc hath spoken

01-18-02, 09:59 PM (EST)
14. "RE: What the Preview gave us..."
On the People's Choice preview that Paratrooper caught, there's a little more of the water-tank-carrying-person. It seems to be a somewhat different scene, or from a different camera angle. Also, there's a double image of this scene and a flame over top of the person (with a couple dots of flame above it -- TC torches?).

Just wanted to add this to the discussion mix because you can see more of this person's body/build, etc.

simone 52 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

01-20-02, 07:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail simone Click to send private message to simone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: What the Preview gave us..."
The person carrying stuff in this pic looks different than the one in the other one. Is it positive that they are the same person? Or could it have been two different shots put together in the preview.

The one in the other vidcap, with the words "find water" against them, really looks like a girl to me. If you look at the top corner of the "e", it looks like she is wearing a aqua buff as a tube top, as Java said earlier. And in the first picture, it looks like the person has brown hair pulled up in a bunch just above her neck. It also looks like the person is wearing black athletic pants with the cuff laying fairly low on the sneakers, indicating either that she is wearing them lower around her hips, or that she has short legs (or both). So one of the contestants might be a brunette who is either fairly short or fairly young (the whole low-rider style seems to be popular with women in their twenties/early thirties). But my computer's screen is pretty old and I can't see the picture really well, so all this could be pointless.

01-21-02, 11:05 PM (EST)
23. "RE: What the Preview gave us..."
Simone,

Late reply here, but these could absolutely be two different people in these scenes. My first impression went along with yours, that the Find Water person was a female.

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings

01-19-02, 00:35 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "Guy in the upper right"

Neither the guy in the upper right nor the "tubby guy" are wearing shirts. The lack of shirts would seem to indicate that this is not an arrival at camp scene, though possibly it could be a later celebration scene at a site near one of the tribe's camps. The guy in the upper right is either climbing up or down the falls. If this is part of a challenge then the lack of shirts would indicate it is at least in part a swimming challenge. Also, if part of a challenge, the waterfall climb may be similar to running up the hill in the first challenge in ep 1 Survivor: Africa, only one player on each team would have to do it. Alternately: Climbing up or down an unfamiliar waterfall can be extremely dangerous, would MB actually include something like that in a challenge? Possibly, if only one had to climb, extremely unlikely if all had to climb.

Java 519 desperate attention whore postings

01-19-02, 01:06 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Java Click to send private message to Java Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Guy in the upper right"
Are you sure he's climbing? Could he also be jumping into the water?

Java

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings

01-19-02, 01:31 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Guy in the upper right"
LAST EDITED ON 01-19-02 AT 01:35 AM (EST)

Yes, he could be jumping, but if he is then it is from a different location and height than "tubby guy." I think it unlikely that "guy in the upper right" is jumping, his position relative to the rocks hasn't changed whereeas the "tubby guy" position has. It really looks to me that he is either climbing up or down.

01-19-02, 01:39 AM (EST)
19. "RE: Guy in the upper right"
i think he is climbing across to where the guy is jumping from...you know...that would explain the shoes...sharp rocks...that may be the only way of reaching the famed diving point..the more i look at this the more i think it is a clebration or leisure...if it was a challenge there would be a tribe behind him or something...people in the water in front of him...but i think that it is leisure. the guy in the upper right seems to be climbing to the dive point for some afternoon dips.

The_Doc hath spoken

lroy 536 desperate attention whore postings

01-20-02, 02:47 AM (EST)
Click to EMail lroy Click to send private message to lroy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Guy in the upper right"
LAST EDITED ON 01-20-02 AT 02:48 AM (EST)

While i concur with you doc on the fact that the mystery man is climbing "up" the mountain, i do think this is a challenge... The reason i think that is because i find it odd that they would be wearing their buffs in the way they are wearing them. i think in the past few Survivors it has shown that the buffs are only worn predominatly (sp) during a challenge. So i think this might be a close up shot of a challeng in process, a tight shot per se, with the other team out of the scene...

Just my two cents...

edited to correct my terrible spelling...

01-20-02, 02:39 PM (EST)
21. "RE: Guy in the upper right"
well only time shall tell

The_Doc hath spoken

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •