The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Spoilers that We got right."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Naked 887 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

01-11-02, 01:23 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Naked Click to send private message to Naked Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Spoilers that We got right."
Now that the curtain has closed, the lights turned off, and there is no spoiling left for this season, lets take a brief moment to go over the things that we, as the SB spoiling community got right. As it is a community, I'll just start by adding a couple that I feel the most proud of, and you guys respond, and do the same.

2) Lex's treatment for dysentary in the United States
This took me some extensive web surfing to come up with this conclusion, and the thing that tipped me off the most was the way that CBS denied it.

1) Tom's final four placement.
I had to go through the newspapers of a little hick town to come to this conclusion.

To conclude I want you all to know that it has been a priviledge to be on this board with each and every one of you. There are so many sharp minds here. It has been incredibly fun to think about this game from so many diffrent angels. A final salute to all of you at Survivor Blows (especially webby and the moderators), and I'll see you next season for S4

Naked

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Spoilers that We got right. katem 01-11-02 1
   RE: Spoilers that We got right. Naked 01-11-02 2
       RE: Spoilers that We got right. dangerkitty 01-11-02 3
       RE: Spoilers that We got right. Hobbs of Mich 01-11-02 9
 Props to TapeWatcher bergdogg 01-11-02 4
   RE: Props to TapeWatcher Rose Red 01-11-02 5
 RE: Spoilers that We got right. Outfrontgirl 01-11-02 6
   Another one for OFG dabo 01-11-02 7
       RE: Another one for OFG Loree 01-11-02 8

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

katem 3315 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

01-11-02, 01:51 AM (EST)
Click to EMail katem Click to send private message to katem Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Spoilers that We got right."
Naked, do you know of anybody that could have guessed that Momma Kim would win the final two immunity challenges?

Good for her I think she ended up making it to the end on her own and proved a lot to herself.

Naked 887 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

01-11-02, 02:12 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Naked Click to send private message to Naked Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Spoilers that We got right."
<<< Naked, do you know of anybody that could have guessed that Momma Kim would win the final two immunity challenges? >>>

I think that MB probably had a good idea that KimJ would make it when he set up those challenges. She had been very personable to the rest of the contestants, and had a good memory, so FC certainly favored her. The minute that I saw that the last IC was a balance IC, I knew that she would win it also. Women have a lower center of gravity that makes them have a better equilibrium than men. MB knows this, and has sceduled IC's before to favor women.

But I, and the rest of the spoiling world had no idea that he would be sceduling this. I wrongly predicted that he would be original and that there would be no FC this year. Ooops !!!

I would like to keep this thread talking about what we did right. It will make me feel better. If we went into everything that we got wrong, I'll have to start drinking, and then Tom will have a run for his Burbon King title this year.

Naked

dangerkitty 1913 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

01-11-02, 02:13 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dangerkitty Click to send private message to dangerkitty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Spoilers that We got right."
I'll have
>to start drinking, and then
>Tom will have a run
>for his Burbon King title
>this year.

Hey look, you're already starting to spell like him!!

dangerkitty
Goddess of Words

Hobbs of Mich 24 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

01-11-02, 12:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Hobbs%20of%20Mich Click to send private message to Hobbs%20of%20Mich Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Spoilers that We got right."
Naked, I would agree with you 110% that MB set up the men to fail and make it more interesting. Also going through the Samba ceremony where Ethan and Lex were jumping a lot and Mama Kim was not favored her. Keeping the post small also help cause, she has smaller feet and fit on the post better.

MB sets up too much and just does not let this game be played. Editing of Lex is another thing that we where mislead on and Mama Kim pointed out quickly in the interview afterward.

Not only does he ruin it for us but to the casal fan/viewer.

bergdogg 380 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

01-11-02, 03:00 AM (EST)
Click to EMail bergdogg Click to send private message to bergdogg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "Props to TapeWatcher"
TapeWatcher deserves some serious props from anybody!!!!

He posted the "ETHAN'S STAR" post on the Survivor Sucks discussion board. The impressive part is that he didn't just predict an Ethan victory, it is that he did it MONTHS AGO!!!

I guess he also picked Tina to win last year. Kinda make ya wonder doesn't it.

Rose Red 419 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

01-11-02, 03:42 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Rose%20Red Click to send private message to Rose%20Red Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Props to TapeWatcher"
Tape Watcher, you rule!

What an incredible finale! I'm so happy! I'm so happy for you, Ethan, and I know you're reading this! I hope the money makes you happy and I think it will. It was clear that he was going to invest it wisely. $1,000,000 doesn't go far these days. Cautious Tina already went through hers. Did Richard go through his? Ethan's fame should last. He's a smart, smart guy and so sweet.

MamaKat(as they called her) was this year's Colby. She just handed it to Ethan. Wow! A woman her age winning BOTH final immunity challenges! Unbelievable! Wow! I love her! She looked even happier than Ethan! I could tell she didn't need the money. I mean, it's nice and all,but her great satisfaction was proving to herself that she could WIN! It's a great validation for mature women! Something you NEVER see on television! Mamakat will now be a television presence until forever, as will Tom, who I can see turning into a male version of Dolly Parton. I mean, he could host Grand Ole Opry shows and he's a great entertainer!
He didn't stop! I was LMAO at that dance number!

I'm so pleased! So happy for Ethan! So happy for MK! What an unbelievable episode!

And TapeWatcher! Well, you were following your star, and I knew you were right!
When you put a star filter on someone(it's a lens attachment over the camera, very simple) then voila! They are a star! It's a trick that goes back to Jean Harlow and further. And they often shot Ethan with a star filter. Also, he had NO VOTES against him until the end. Like Tina. Amazing...

I think Ethan's got great potential as an actor too. In films, more than television.

Tapewatcher had it all down.
But I have to admit that I, Rose Red, have had an Ethan Zohn screensaver on my computer since the beginning of S3. Ethan is the first face I see every morning, and the last at night. I don't know if I'll ever take it down.

Tina Wesson in the audience looked so relieved! Like "Now it's over and he can take all the attention!" And I bet Ethan will. He'll approach all this like a sober investment banker type of guy and make that million last the rest of his life, and his fame, too, if he wants it.

That Kelly, though, she totally lost me. What a spiteful little B****! Though I have to say her spoilers were the best, in their own way. That "Graduate" number thing was just so stupid and immature. I love that movie, personally, as film critic(that's what I do mainly) and I admire her taste in films, but please! Pick a number! She insulted them both!

I was so proud of Ethan and MK! MK basically figured out the end game of the show! How astounding! Did anyone get this right? I know this is what OFG said based on Kelly's spoilers "Fun at the lodge". She, OFG, had the greatest insights into these people. She was the one who picked up on the fact of Kelly's "mending time" with Ethan and MK to be majorly missing.

And that was the key. I don't think that ANYBODY in SpoilerLand got that except our own OFG, and she was right!

Well, I'm gonna miss everybody here at Blows, and it's been a pleasure and privelege trying to solve all these mysteries with yawl. I just may try my hand at one some day. Survivor Blows is an inspiring place to post. The minds are so sharp, so perceptive. The writing level is so high. I'm thrilled to have been able to participate, and no, Lex's disabled son cut no swath with the jury at the end. Or rather with MK, whose decision it was.

MB did not edit MK as a winner. He hid her. Ethan also, but not as much, and their Tina/Colby relationship really was very beautiful in the end, but this time the roles were reversed. I loved it! I know I'd seen it before, but I was touched very deeply by it.

Richard and Tina Must be so happy tonight that their predictions came true. And a straight guy finally won Survivor, something MB wanted DESPERATELY.

The show started off very badly with Bush's preemption, and then the vile water, and they're being trapped in the bomas like LIFEBOAT. If MB is the new Hitchcock, this is his LIFEBOAT. All these disperate, desparate people, trapped in this claustrophobic situation. (They should only try living in NEw York City) Well, actually, Ethan and MK are both fellow New Yorkers...I'm so, so thrilled! Congratulations to Ethan and Kim and Mark Burnett and Out Front Girl! Out Front Girl, you Out Did yourself this season.

I can't wait til I see you all again in the Marquesas!

I'll say one last thing. For a quasi-travel program, S3 has totally killed any aspirations I ever had to go to Africa. Onward to Tahiti!

Outfrontgirl 6830 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

01-11-02, 04:35 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Outfrontgirl Click to send private message to Outfrontgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Spoilers that We got right."
To kudos to everyone above, I want to recognize RoseRed for arguing that Burnett was hiding Kim and that she placed in the final 2.

Rose and I have a different perception of Tina being hid (I felt like I saw a lot of Tina and recognized her as a major player early on), and so I didn't agree that Kim was comparable in face time. I thought she had way too little to alomost win.

Rose was right. Kim was hidden. Personally I was annoyed by that editing move. I think she should have had a reasonable amount of face time around the camp. MB could still do misdirection. So now face time no longer works for #2.

I guess my proudest spoiling was what Rose mentioned--(thank you Rose!)--believing in and figuring out Kelly's jury spoilers.
The best moment being when I banked on Brandon going instead of Lex, Tom, or Frank.

Due to the Kelly spoiler I pushed Kim up to second in my original PTTE, then demoted her to third in the end due to low face time. I also picked KimP to go before Tbird based on Kelly.

What a spiteful little bi!ch Kelly turned out to be. Rose Red I totally agree. Here's a spoiler I noticed but didn't follow up on. Kelly listed Susan as her favorite all time survivor.
Should have predicted she would make the nastiest statement.

Another spoiler to recall (not mine) is the Boran up high on the rocks shot. That was a very unusual shot and turned out to be almost handing us the Final 4.

Let's not forget Diane's friends. Best early game spoiler by far, with only Tbird missing from the bootees. Don't dare hope for another such gift.

Final general spoiler: People who really annoy their tribesmates get voted out! duh. People who vent in confessionals, no matter how evil they sound, do not get voted out for that reason, and we should not assume that people dislike them in camp unless the players say that's the case.

Finally, you do not want to win the vehicle on this show. People count that against you and conclude you've won enough.

Thanks all you great posters! See you in S4 I hope!

With every mistake, we must surely be learning--George Harrison

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings

01-11-02, 10:09 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "Another one for OFG"
The final immunity winner has always lost to the person they've taken to the final two. Weird but true.

"If all machines were to be annihilated at one moment, so that not a knife nor lever nor rag of clothing nor anything whatsoever were left to man but his bare body alone that he was born with, and if all knowledge of mechanical laws were taken from him so that he could make no more machines, and all machine-made food destroyed so that the race of man should be left as it were naked upon a desert island, we should become extinct in six weeks. A few miserable individuals might linger, but even these in a year or two would become worse than monkeys." (Samuel Butler, "Erewhon")

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

01-11-02, 11:37 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Another one for OFG"
I saw Jeff P on a Boston news interview lastnight. He said he thought Kim had won it. He said he was surprised when he found out Ethan won. Jeff also said he never knew Ethan won until right before he went to bring the votes in. If he is telling the truth then he didn't know all this time who the winner was. I always assumed he did.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •