The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"final thoughts on Lex"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

specie 52 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

01-10-02, 12:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail specie Click to send private message to specie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"final thoughts on Lex"
How does Moto Magi really feel about Lex? We have seen the edited Lex, the cutthroat, the psycho. What do they see?

The Kelly boot was edited to be a huge Lex blunder, like the tribe would never forgive him once they found out. But the reality was that Lex's targeting Kelly *wasn't* that big a deal to them as they felt she deserved to be voted out anyway (mentioned by Frank and at least one other in interviews).

We saw Ethan try to get Tom pissed off at Lex (aren't you pissed off that he's winning all the time?). But I can't think offhand of an ongoing thread that showed Moto Magi really disliking Lex. Sure, his constant winning must have been hard to take. But Colby's reputation didn't suffer for that. You have to admit that that is part of playing the game.

What about Lex being hospitalized during the filming? He got medical attention that must have included intense re-hydration. Would that set him apart from the tribe? How much did his RC trips set him apart? He obviously had the most food and water of any of them, and it showed. Otherwise, Ethan would have been more of a physical challenge to him in the ICs. Does that make him less deserving of a win in the tribe's eyes? Because he didn't go through all of the same hardship that they did?

I also don't know where Ethan gets this sainthood thing from. Because he's handsome? He didn't open his mouth much on camera, and when he did he was pretty boring, and not even very friendly or positive. You do have KimJ liking him, and the LET trio likes eachother. But I'm not sure I see the "great game" that he is supposedly playing. Although Frank did mention it in his interview, so the tribe must have seen something of it.

And why the ongoing derisive comments about Kim Johnson? Why is she 'not playing' the game and just 'dead weight' while Ethan is playing the game great? Just because he's physically stronger? I think that for her to be almost ousted at the beginning then end up in the final four shows that she is playing the game very well. What's the definition of playing the game right, anyway? Did Rudy play well in S1? He was almost out in the 1st or 2nd episode. I'm sure it's different for different people, and wonder if MB is going to come up with an objective definition to give as instructions to the jury.

I agree that the truest alliance is LET, not Ethan and MamaKim. The X factor is, when does winning the million matter more than their alliance? Was the alliance to the final three? Or, if one of them thinks they'll do better in the final 2 next to KimJ, will they take her along instead?

My gut says Lex wins the whole enchilada.

I have enjoyed this bunch much more than the S2 folks. KimJ and Teresa, Brandon, Tom, Lex, the mallrat alliance. I liked the format changes - tribal switch - and wonder how they'll end it tonight. I preferred the final tribal council on site like it was on S1, rather than the after-the-fact TV ending that they did in S2.

Whatever, this has been great fun. I'll be watching tonight wearing my Moto Magi Survivor buff that Santa brought ; )

Look forward to S5!

--specie

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: final thoughts on Lex sleeeve 01-10-02 1
   RE: final thoughts on Lex Naked 01-10-02 4
 RE: final thoughts on Lex Naked 01-10-02 2
 The Lex advantage Loree 01-10-02 3
 RE: final thoughts on Lex heymikey 01-10-02 5

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

sleeeve 3456 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

01-10-02, 12:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sleeeve Click to send private message to sleeeve Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: final thoughts on Lex"
>What about Lex being hospitalized during
>the filming?

Um... wasn't the spoiler that "Lex went to the hospital"... I think we saw that last Ep (with his RC win).

You never know what might be up my sleeeve...

Naked 887 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

01-10-02, 03:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Naked Click to send private message to Naked Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: final thoughts on Lex"
Sleeve,

The original spoiler was that Lindsey, Clarence, and Lex where all treated for dysentary while S3 was filming. I will look for a link, and edit this post to show that. CBS vehometly denied this by saying words to the effect that this was not the whole truth, and it was found out later that Lex recieved treatment in the US.

After further surfing, I only found another spoiler sight with this story, but again CBS denied that this was true, so I don't know.... here is the story anyway

http://www.realitytvquest.com/ubb/Forum28/HTML/000040.html

Naked

Naked 887 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

01-10-02, 01:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Naked Click to send private message to Naked Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: final thoughts on Lex"
Specie,

Great thoughts. Welcome to the boards. I also believe that Ethan has not done much but be likeable. This is one of the biggest parts of the game. Survivor is about destroying the possibility of people around you to become millionaires, and to do so in a way that they give you the million dollars that they wanted to begin with. Ethan has done this pretty well so far. He has not had a big blame target on his head. I think though that history will repeat itself. The people who CONTROLLED the game wound up the begrudged winner, and I only see Lex, and maby Tom controlling this one.

Naked

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

01-10-02, 03:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "The Lex advantage"
I wonder if the Lex advantage in the challenges will go down if they eat the chickens before the final challenges? Lex has had this advantage where he has been eating and the others are getting weaker. It affects the mind and body. But if they eat the chickens they will all be fed and able to compete. It should at least put Ethan on an even playing field.

heymikey 238 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

01-10-02, 08:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail heymikey Click to send private message to heymikey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: final thoughts on Lex"
>>> I have enjoyed this bunch much more than the S2 folks

So, did I!!! I found the S2 cast quite boring, especially after Jerri left. I mean, the cast of S3 is great. You have Teresa constantly strategizing (although failing), Kelly giving her behavioral analyses about other contestants and talking against them behind their backs, Brandon switching alliances, Lex with his "I'll-cut-his-throat" comments, Silas with his poor and yet entertaining "strategies", and of course, Lindsey's and Linda's bitchy comments.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •