The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Early Show stuff (vidcaps, commentary, etc)"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Bungler 497 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

01-10-02, 09:23 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Bungler Click to send private message to Bungler Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Early Show stuff (vidcaps, commentary, etc)"
Colby did a African Safari segment which was pretty useless, then Bryant interviewed him live. He seemed to identify Ethan as playing the same game as him and picked him as who he'd want to win.

Bryant repeatedly said that Jane's pick was Ethan, and she repeatedly corrected him that her heart was with Ethan but that she thought Lex would win.

Bryant refused to give any details of the new vote revelation process, but did say that S1 revealed them live on the S1 set, S2 did the helicopter thing, but S3 would be completely different from those two. He then said the new process was a "neat trick" and a "gutsy move." He also said that he wasn't sure it was going to work.

Then they showed a Final 4 navel-gazing type scene (think Colby, Tina & Keith on their last mountain hike). Here's the text and vidcaps from that scene.

And here are caps of Final 4 scenes from the Early Show.

{Ethan} And we've been living in that little circle for 36 days.
{Lex, Mama} Yeah, Yes.

{Ethan} This has been the ultimate adventure for me.
Every little bit of myself, my being, has been touched in some little way.

{Mama} It really says the remoteness of the whole thing.

{Tom} To walk away with that million takes a lot of luck,
and so far I've been pretty lucky... (raises arms as he says "lucky")

{Tom} ...I'm just extremely happy that I've made it this far.

{Lex} Playing the game for me at this point has become all about winning.
Dammit, I am going to walk away with that prize.

This scene was followed by Bryant interviewing both Tina & Richard. Tina & Richard both seemed adamant that there was no way on earth (against anyone) that Lex could win. They pegged Ethan as a winner (against anyone), as long as he made the Final 2. They characterized a Tom vs. Mama Final Two as being very interesting and didn't seem able to pick who would win in that pairing.

--------

The only thing I can think to add is about the new voting twist. Does anybody think it could possibly be a live vote (i.e. the Jury has been allowed to watch the show and save their vote for now)?

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Early Show stuff (vidcaps, comm... MDSkinner 01-10-02 1
   What about... AyaK 01-10-02 2
       RE: What about... SurvivorBlows 01-10-02 6
 RE: Early Show stuff (vidcaps, comm... Loree 01-10-02 3
   RE: Early Show stuff (vidcaps, comm... ivoryElephant 01-10-02 4
   A One-Hour Jury?!? Rose Red 01-10-02 5
       RE: A One-Hour Jury?!? PepeLePew13 01-10-02 7
       Secret Ballot TheWanderer 01-10-02 10
           RE: Secret Ballot Ogachu 01-10-02 11
           RE: Secret Ballot Loree 01-10-02 12
   RE: Early Show stuff (vidcaps, comm... gemstone 01-10-02 9
 RE: Where's Mama? Ogachu 01-10-02 8
 Warped thoughts from Bebo Bebo 01-10-02 13

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

MDSkinner 716 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

01-10-02, 09:37 AM (EST)
Click to EMail MDSkinner Click to send private message to MDSkinner Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Early Show stuff (vidcaps, commentary, etc)"
First off great job, and thanks for getting these up so quickly.

<<The only thing I can think to add is about the new voting twist. Does anybody think it could possibly be a live vote (i.e. the Jury has been allowed to watch the show and save their vote for now)? >>

I really can not imagine this happening, since if it does the jury will now not only be influenced by each other from when they were at the lodge, but they would also now have the problem of being influenced by the editing of the show. That would seem very unfair, especially since we now know that some of the jury has spoken to the people remaining(Kelly supposedly calling Lex, Tom and Ethan pictured together). But this would be just about the type of thing that MB would throw at us. It would be quite a surprise, that is for certain.

AyaK 10426 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

01-10-02, 10:31 AM (EST)
Click to EMail AyaK Click to send private message to AyaK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "What about..."
...this -- the jury sealed the votes in individual envelopes in Africa, then they open up the envelopes and reveal their votes (and their reasoning) live?

Bungler, thanks for this GREAT summary of this morning's coverage.

SurvivorBlows 15230 desperate attention whore postings

01-10-02, 12:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivorBlows Click to send private message to SurvivorBlows Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: What about..."
>...this -- the jury sealed the votes in individual envelopes in
>Africa, then they open up the envelopes and reveal their
>votes (and their reasoning) live?

That's what I was thinking as well... the voting isn't private, they have to announce who's getting their vote to the person -- and why they did so.

>Bungler, thanks for this GREAT summary of this morning's coverage.

I have to second that, I had no idea they were going to have all this coverage this morning. I'm surprised they brought Dicque on -- you'd think he'd be the black sheep of the CBS family by now.

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

01-10-02, 10:34 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Early Show stuff (vidcaps, commentary, etc)"
Part of me would like to see Lex win just to prove Rich and Tina wrong. They were so sure of themselves that Lex can't win and they both annoy me.

Nobody seems to think Kim has much of a chance which is good. I thought it was so odd how Bryant seemed so hung up on Jane picking Ethan to win. When she had clearly told him she thought Lex would win. I think it was 3 times he said to her that she was picking Ethan and she would correct him and say she Wanted Ethan to win (because he was the only nice one left of the 4) but she really thought Lex Would win. Bryant seemed to be trying so hard not to reveal who won that he wasn't thinking straight. I enjoyed when Mark asked him who he thought would be in the Super Bowl and Bryant sat there stunned. Then he realized he wasn't being asked who won Survivor.

I noticed Bryant brought up Kim, Tom and Ethan winning. But he didn't seem to throw the "do you think Lex will win" the same way. He even wanted to avoid the fact Jane picked him. I may be reading way too much into this. But I got the feeling Lex wins. Mark is picking Tom to win.

Colby said he relates to Ethan and thinks he will win. But then he said what does he know. He thought he was going to win. So maybe he really thought he would win against Tina.

Colby is living in LA and going to acting class. He is patient and plans to be an actor.

I am still curious why Bryant thinks this 'neat trick' may not work. I wonder if they filmed each person voting by themselves in Africa and they plan to reveal that in a mixed up order instead of Jeff pulling out the votes. They could show the obvious votes first and leave the surprise ones for the end. We would get to see the 2 finalists sitting in the studio watching while each tape is shown and what is said about them as the person voted. We would all be counting along with the votes as they are done.

ivoryElephant 2257 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

01-10-02, 12:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ivoryElephant Click to send private message to ivoryElephant Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Early Show stuff (vidcaps, commentary, etc)"
Here is an idea how they might do the final voting.
On the British form of survivor they had all the contestants seated like they did for S2 and the two finalists on the other side. They then watched a screen as is showed the players walking up to the podium and voting.

I can't remember the website but it could happen that way.

"What a twisted web we weave when at first we practice to deceive"

Rose Red 419 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

01-10-02, 12:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Rose%20Red Click to send private message to Rose%20Red Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "A One-Hour Jury?!?"
Something big is up here. A big change in the final jury vote thing. I think the jury has voted, but as you say it may not be 'REVEALED' in the same way it was before on S2, which was MEGA-HOKIE, IMHO. Also, Kim P. did reveal quite definitely in an interview that "the first IC happens in the first half hour, the second in the second half hour then ONE HOUR is spent on the jury and their questions."(!?!) That's a lot of air time for that kinda boring process. Has some other twist been added? Do we get to watch the jury's deliberations? Do the F2? If Lex's sons autism is brought up, don't you think that is gonna change EVERYTHING for most voters?
And yes, if Giant Gumball was THAT nervous about Lex's name being brought up then Lex wins.
Yesterday everyone was predicting Ethan and today everyone's predicting Lex.
What up?

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings

01-10-02, 12:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: A One-Hour Jury?!?"

>Yesterday everyone was predicting Ethan and today
>everyone's predicting Lex. What up?

Misdirection to take people away from the actual winner... ETHAN.

"It's just funny seeing people that are matched up, everyone has a partner now and everyone's happy. And boy, my camping trip just went to hell."
Frank Garrison, Dec. 13/01

TheWanderer 267 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

01-10-02, 02:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail TheWanderer Click to send private message to TheWanderer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "Secret Ballot"
Okay...
one way or another, we know if is a secret ballot. Whether it si a lock-box or sealed envelopes with the voter stating in front of the camera who they voted for and why, the only two who would know the winner would be MB and Jeff. Why in the world would either of them tell Bryant Gumball who won??
There has been so many posts dedicated to the "lock-box" theory and how "no one knows... maybe not even MB himself" and now people are speculating that Bryant Gumball knows who wins? I don't think so.

There may be some different drama this time in revealing the winner, still I don't believe that Bryant knows.

Ogachu 58 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

01-10-02, 02:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Ogachu Click to send private message to Ogachu Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Secret Ballot"
LAST EDITED ON 01-10-02 AT 02:39 PM (EST)

"the only two who would know the
>winner would be MB and
>Jeff. Why in the world
>would either of them tell
>Bryant Gumball who won??

BG does have to conduct the "live" reunion show after the vote is revealed. Wouldn't he need a little info. to prepare for it?????

"Your big country ass is climbing a palm tree in the middle of Africa, you realize that, don’t you?" -- Clarence / S3

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

01-10-02, 02:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Secret Ballot"
Bryant knew who won before the show aired last season also. They let him in on it because he is doing the live reunion show and he needs time to prepare the questioning.

gemstone 70 desperate attention whore postings

01-10-02, 02:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail gemstone Click to send private message to gemstone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Early Show stuff (vidcaps, commentary, etc)"
"Part of me would like to see Lex win just to prove Rich and Tina wrong. They were so sure of themselves that Lex can't win and they both annoy me."

BG kept asking them about Lex not being able to beat anyone repeatedly. Almost like he wanted to be able to rub it in to them tomorrow when they have been proven wrong tonight, IMO.

Ogachu 58 desperate attention whore postings

01-10-02, 01:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Ogachu Click to send private message to Ogachu Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Where's Mama?"
Does anybody else think its strange that other than the one group shot, there's no pics of MamaKim. They all focus on L/E/T. There's some commentary from her, but that's it... Is this foreshadowing that she goes first or takes it all?

The wording is odd to me...

MamaKim ... "the remoteness of of the whole thing"
This phrase could be used to describe her
chances of winning.

Ethan ... "This has been the ultimate adventure for me."
Maybe because he is the "ultimate" winner?

Lex ... "Dammit, I am going to walk away with that prize."
Its been established that usually what is
portrayed in the previews, does not end up
happening.

Tom ... "To walk away with that million takes a lot of luck,
and so far I've been pretty lucky..."

Same logic could apply as with Lex above.

As far as the voting goes, I'm inclined to go with the showing of the votes as they were cast in Tribal Council, commentary and all, instead of JeffP. reading them aloud.

"Your big country ass is climbing a palm tree in the middle of Africa, you realize that, don’t you?" -- Clarence / S3

Bebo 21083 desperate attention whore postings

01-10-02, 03:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "Warped thoughts from Bebo"
As I mentioned on another thread, I think the votes have already been cast, but that there might be a spectacular presentation broadcast live from Africa where the winner is revealed. Maybe Jiffy will be there instead of in the studio with the Survivors and Bryant's giant ego. That would explain concerns about whether or not they could pull it off, since it could involve a live feed.

Another idea to throw out...could MB be giving us the final order in the commercial? It will be interesting to see if the PTTE works out to be E/MK/T/L, or the (more likely, IMHO) reverse of that L/T/MK/E.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •