The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Lex's Son Spoiler"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

01-10-02, 01:53 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Lex's Son Spoiler"
No, I don't mean the one where Lex's son told everyone his dad won. Everyone except Rose Red seems to have missed this, Lex's son is autistic, and as Rose Red mentioned on the "Can Lex Win?" thread Lex probably has mentioned this to the other players. So, first, kudos to Rose Red. Does anyone know where the information was revealed about Lex's son being autistic? That would help.

Anyway, this fact explains Lex's demeanor during the show, the importance he places on people swearing on their children, perhaps he's just desperate to win (or maybe desperate is too strong a word, maybe just determined to win no matter what). It is also a fact which could be used by MB to rehabilitate Lex during the final show, win or lose, and something that would give Lex an edge with the jury.

"If all machines were to be annihilated at one moment, so that not a knife nor lever nor rag of clothing nor anything whatsoever were left to man but his bare body alone that he was born with, and if all knowledge of mechanical laws were taken from him so that he could make no more machines, and all machine-made food destroyed so that the race of man should be left as it were naked upon a desert island, we should become extinct in six weeks. A few miserable individuals might linger, but even these in a year or two would become worse than monkeys." (Samuel Butler, "Erewhon")

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Lex's Son Spoiler Rose Red 01-10-02 1
 RE: Lex's Son Spoiler Swami 01-10-02 2
   RE: Lex's Son Spoiler PepeLePew13 01-10-02 3
       RE: Lex's Son Spoiler ItzLisa 01-10-02 4
 I don't think it will affect the vo... anotherkim 01-10-02 5
 RE: Lex's Son Spoiler Serendipity 01-10-02 6
   RE: Lex's Son Spoiler Bebo 01-10-02 7
       RE: Lex's Son Spoiler Naked 01-10-02 8
 RE: Lex's Son Spoiler snoocharoo 01-10-02 9
 RE: Lex's Son Spoiler Naked 01-10-02 10

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Rose Red 419 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

01-10-02, 02:55 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Rose%20Red Click to send private message to Rose%20Red Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Lex's Son Spoiler"
Gee, thanks, Dabo! I feel like I have finally made the Survivor Big Time! I've become part of a post,like my idol, Out Front Girl. Now if I can only have threads named after me like she does. (I'm assuming that OFG really IS a girl. On this board YOU NEVER KNOW.)

No, but seriously, I am so surprised that no one picked up on this though it was widely reported in more than one article. About Lex's son being autistic. I know it wasn't in the Star, because I never read or saw that piece. I don't live in Santa Cruz, so the only way I could've known this is by reading it and it wasn't in a posting. It was in a magazine article. I'm sorry that I can't remember which one. I don't like Lex. I hope he doesn't win, but if the all know about his son, then his beloved eldest child's disability might soften more than a few hearts on the jury.

Gee, am I suddenly predicting a Lex win? I'm for Ethan all the way. However just coming back from reading my faves over at True Dork Times, THEY funny, sharp and astute as they are, predicted LEX. I nearly threw up on Kim's husband!

But now that you bringing it up again...I'll glad take the $1,000,000, but I still believe Out Front Girl will win simply because she's consistently posted the best, most insightful, most sensitive, intelligent perceptions. I feel like a doltish school girl some times when I read her - and Danger Kitty. OK, OFG and DK, wouldn't Lex's son having this extreme disablity almost guarantee him the million?

Swami 5885 desperate attention whore postings

01-10-02, 10:56 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Swami Click to send private message to Swami Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Lex's Son Spoiler"
As the parent of a son with autism I feel like I should have something to add to this post, but I'm not sure what.

To me, it means he is very unlikely to abandon his oath--whatever it really was. (To the final three? I think the oath has an end-point, and the final 3 is it.) It also means, and fits his personality, that he would be very angry at someone (like Tom) who broke that oath.

It is very expensive to live with, provide therapy for, educate and entertain a child with autism. I'm sure this is a tremendous motivating factor for Lex to win the million. He must provide for his son's current care and, most likely, his son's entire future adult life. How much this will influence the jury we have no way of knowing. I do not want or expect special considerations for me because of my son, and rarely receive them.

I guess I see this as a minor factor in the jury's consideration and probably not the deciding factor. The game is everything; its a person-to-person competition, and all the players have their own special needs and hopes.

Swami

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings

01-10-02, 11:32 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Lex's Son Spoiler"
Hmm actually I think it might make somewhat of a difference with the jury itself -- but maybe not during the final 3 or 4. Those in the jury may have had time to think about the fact that Lex "might need the million more" than some of the others. We've seen cases in the past where contestants offered to step down to let someone else get a little more money (i.e. Rodger for Liz, Colby getting $900,000 less by bringing Tina) instead of being utterly cut-throat. Can this happen again with Lex when people have had a chance to look back on how the game went?

The only way I can see it possibly making a difference during the final 3 or 4 is if, let's say, Tom is aware of the condition of Lex's son and says "hell, I don't need the money that bad as I'm secure on my farm and hey I'm having fun in this game... so let Lex have this one and boot me here." I see Tom as being too competitive to allow this to happen.

"It's just funny seeing people that are matched up, everyone has a partner now and everyone's happy. And boy, my camping trip just went to hell."
Frank Garrison, Dec. 13/01

ItzLisa 3350 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

01-10-02, 11:47 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ItzLisa Click to send private message to ItzLisa Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Lex's Son Spoiler"
LAST EDITED ON 01-10-02 AT 11:58 AM (EST)

We've seen cases in the past where contestants offered to step down to let someone else get a little more money (i.e. Rodger for Liz, Colby getting $900,000 less by bringing Tina) instead of being utterly cut-throat. Can this happen again with Lex when people have had a chance to look back on how the game went?

That's what I was thinking, too, Pepe. I know the cost of caring for an autistic child must be astronomical, as Swami has pointed out. But in looking back in how the game has been played and how Lex has conducted himself (i.e., p.issing off alot of people), it may not make much of a difference to the jury. Maybe it might make a difference in bringing the votes a little closer together as opposed to a landslide, but it might not net him the million in the long run.

In the example with Elisabeth (which is the thing I was thinking of), there was a big difference in many of the personalities coming into play. Elisabeth was well-liked, p.issed no one off during the whole game, and never made any cut-throat moves. Since receiving his initial two votes from Teresa, that's all Lex has been about - competitiveness and winning at any cost (as Dabo pointed out, this may make his behavior more understandable to the jury now that we know his son's autistic).

Also, the S2 gang seemed less competitive than the S3 bunch - once getting rid of Jerri was out of the way, they all seemed to want to basically cooperate with each other. The S3 group, by comparison, seems more like the kind to sell their own grandmother's to get further in the game. Guess we'll see tonight!!!!

anotherkim 14420 desperate attention whore postings

01-10-02, 02:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail anotherkim Click to send private message to anotherkim Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "I don't think it will affect the votes...."
for one thing, I can't see Lex making it an issue. He wants to win, obviously, but because he deserves it based on his performance. He doesn't strike me at all as the type of person to play the sympathy card. He has stood behind his game, for better or worse, this far.

I also think there is very little parallel between Roger/Lis and this situation. They both knew they were goners--it was just a matter of when. Who knows if Rodger would have had the same generous attitude if they were up for the $1M? Colby and Tina had a deal to get to the final two...he may have thought he could pull it out over her in the final vote. It wasn't about who was most in need of the money in that case, either. If he had voted her off in favor of Keith, then he could have lost to Keith in the final vote due to burning his true alliance.

I also don't see Lex's son swaying anyone in the final vote. Those who will vote for him will do so based on how he has played the game. Nothing, IMHO, would change Kelly's mind, for example. I think that MB has defintely edited the shows so we don't really know what beefs players may have with Ethan--that will make a Lex victory even more surprising.

Kim

If it's a mental challenge, we're screwed...
Big Tom on his partnership with Lil' Kim

Serendipity 525 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

01-10-02, 03:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Serendipity Click to send private message to Serendipity Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Lex's Son Spoiler"
This has intrigued me, too, since it was mentioned. I'm really surprised that it hasn't been mentioned more widely. I've looked thru every Lex van der Berghe mention, and the only thing I've seen about his sons is that Corbin (9) and River (7) both attend the Delavega Elementary School.

Found out some other interesting things though. One of Lex's tattoos is a pin-up style Catholic school girl, and that they moved from San Jose to Santa Cruz because he is an "obsessive" surfer. He has also, in the past, totally trashed reality shows.

Also, Lex is no longer employed. Sounds like a winner???????

Bebo 21083 desperate attention whore postings

01-10-02, 03:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Lex's Son Spoiler"
>Also, Lex is no longer employed.
> Sounds like a winner???????
>

He worked for an Internet company. Sounds like his company, like so many other ones, ran into trouble. The whole company may be unemployed.

Unfortunately, in this industry and economic climate, that's not the spoiler that it used to be.

Naked 887 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

01-10-02, 03:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Naked Click to send private message to Naked Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Lex's Son Spoiler"
Bebo,

Also, if you win $100,000.00, you can take a few months off without worrying about it much. especially if your picking up endorsement deals for $50,000 a piece. Cellular has been saluting the winner of all the immunity challenges, and that has to pay something to the contestants. He also has a new truck that he can sell. My point is that Lex is doing OK on the money aspect of things win or lose at this point. I hope he wins though. FREAKS OF THE WORLD UNITE !!!

Naked

snoocharoo 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

01-10-02, 04:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail snoocharoo Click to send private message to snoocharoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Lex's Son Spoiler"
Can someone please let me know where it is stated that Lex's son is autistic? I'd be intersted in reading the information since I am a loyal Lex fan and follower. The only place I have ever seen it mentioned is on this board, to my knowledge it's never been mentioned on the show or in the press. I imagine all the "media whores" would jump all over that information like like 15 yr old boys at a Tijuana cat-house. Considering that the players have had 39 days to get to know each others intimate lives you'd think at some point this unique and difficult family situation would have been mentioned, particularly if they are trying to resurect Lex's character and make the show more interesting and realistic to us viewers. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Naked 887 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

01-10-02, 05:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Naked Click to send private message to Naked Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Lex's Son Spoiler"
Rose,

Help !!!

I've been looking all day for clues about Lex's son being autistic, and I can't find a thing. Where did you first hear about this. So far, I can't find another sight that has this spoiler. LOL and happy spoiling,

Naked

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •