The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"BREAKING NEWS !!re: Lockbox"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Fashionista007 34 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

01-09-02, 07:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Fashionista007 Click to send private message to Fashionista007 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"BREAKING NEWS !!re: Lockbox"
LAST EDITED ON 01-09-02 AT 07:47 PM (EST)

Okay just 3 minutes ago I saw a spot on Entertainment Tonight. They discussed tomorrow's survivor and had an interview with MB. MB said that the whole vote revealing thing will be done different than before. Not necessarily a lock box thing or the way they did it in S1. He said it will not be played out like ANY other installments. So maybe we assumed too much. What'd you say? Did he throw us a curveball? What do you think?

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: BREAKING NEWS !!re: Lockbox Loree 01-09-02 1
 RE: BREAKING NEWS !!re: Lockbox Outfrontgirl 01-09-02 2
 RE: BREAKING NEWS !!re: Lockbox drich61 01-09-02 3
   RE: BREAKING NEWS !!re: Lockbox gemstone 01-09-02 4
   RE: BREAKING NEWS !!re: Lockbox dabo 01-10-02 5
 RE: BREAKING NEWS !!re: Lockbox Outfrontgirl 01-10-02 6
   RE: BREAKING NEWS !!re: Lockbox dabo 01-10-02 7
       RE: BREAKING NEWS !!re: Lockbox SadAddict 01-10-02 8
           RE: BREAKING NEWS !!re: Lockbox dabo 01-10-02 9
               RE: BREAKING NEWS !!re: Lockbox SadAddict 01-10-02 10
               RE: BREAKING NEWS !!re: Lockbox JohnMc 01-10-02 16
       RE: BREAKING NEWS !!re: Lockbox Naked 01-10-02 18
           RE: BREAKING NEWS !!re: Lockbox dabo 01-11-02 23
 RE: BREAKING NEWS !!re: Lockbox heymikey 01-10-02 11
   What! dabo 01-10-02 12
       RE: What! heymikey 01-10-02 22
 RE: BREAKING NEWS !!re: Lockbox sleeeve 01-10-02 13
   Only one problem weltek 01-10-02 14
 RE: BREAKING NEWS !!re: Lockbox Loree 01-10-02 15
 RE: BREAKING NEWS !!re: Lockbox TwinkyDik 01-10-02 17
 RE: BREAKING NEWS !!re: Lockbox blimey 01-10-02 19
 RE: BREAKING NEWS !!re: Lockbox Bebo 01-10-02 20
   RE: BREAKING NEWS !!re: Lockbox coyotedean 01-10-02 21
       RE: BREAKING NEWS !!re: Lockbox Fashionista007 01-12-02 24

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

01-09-02, 07:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: BREAKING NEWS !!re: Lockbox"
I saw MB on ET also. He isn't giving anything away. Just trying to keep up the suspence. He said he has never said if the votes were revealed in Africa or if they will be done live on the show. He kept saying it would be like no other Survivor. Whatever that means.

Outfrontgirl 6830 desperate attention whore postings

01-09-02, 09:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Outfrontgirl Click to send private message to Outfrontgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: BREAKING NEWS !!re: Lockbox"
Not sure if this means anything either, but Teresa on Kilborn last night said there would be the Finale from 8-10, and then a live Reunion show "where the losers could pretend they were happy for the winners."

She was being careful of course. But my take was that the Reunion wasn't where the winner is announced, and she didn't say anything about any part of the Finale being live...

drich61 558 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

01-09-02, 09:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail drich61 Click to send private message to drich61 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: BREAKING NEWS !!re: Lockbox"
LAST EDITED ON 01-09-02 AT 10:08 PM (EST)

This is pure speculation!!!!

Maybe it wasn't a secret ballot, maybe the jury was polled one by one and they told why they voted the way they did.

Edited to add:

Or it's as Kelly and Brandon hinted at in their chats, like a "Real Jury". Kelly said she was like the jury foreman, and Brandon said he had taken it seriously like a real jury. Maybe the jury deliberates and has to come back with a unanimous winner.

gemstone 70 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

01-09-02, 11:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail gemstone Click to send private message to gemstone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: BREAKING NEWS !!re: Lockbox"
I like this idea. Then maybe personal feelings won't play as big a part and the person that played the game the best overall will win not just the nicest person.

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings

01-10-02, 00:13 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: BREAKING NEWS !!re: Lockbox"
LAST EDITED ON 01-10-02 AT 00:15 AM (EST)

The jury has to come back with a unanimous decision? That would be an interesting twist but something like that could take a long long time (not necessarilly, just could, U.K. Survivor had a unanimous jury without that being required). Because of the questionable time element involved right at the end of the shoot in Africa, this would favor a live revelation of the winner.

Even without that requirement, though, MB said during Survivor: Australia that the lockbox would be used in all future Survivors because the stress of worrying if players would accidentally reveal the winner if they knew the outcome was just too great to ever go through again. If we take it as a given, then, that MB doesn't want them to know the winner, there cannot be a unanimous requirement and the revelation must be live.

"If all machines were to be annihilated at one moment, so that not a knife nor lever nor rag of clothing nor anything whatsoever were left to man but his bare body alone that he was born with, and if all knowledge of mechanical laws were taken from him so that he could make no more machines, and all machine-made food destroyed so that the race of man should be left as it were naked upon a desert island, we should become extinct in six weeks. A few miserable individuals might linger, but even these in a year or two would become worse than monkeys." (Samuel Butler, "Erewhon")

Outfrontgirl 6830 desperate attention whore postings

01-10-02, 00:28 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Outfrontgirl Click to send private message to Outfrontgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: BREAKING NEWS !!re: Lockbox"
yes, dabo, your logic is impeccable, much as I liked the idea drich proposed...
The jury cannot know or one could spill the beans. (Another cliche that will never be the same after Beangate.)

Brandon said in his chat that he took his jury duties very seriously and tried not to let his personal opinions affect his vote.

I thought and posted at the time--this implied the jury members were given instructions similar to a real jury in that they were given some kind of criteria for their decision:

for example: vote for who played the best game and not just because you're pissed off at someone and are voting for the other person.

Let's face it, a number of the prior jury votes were against someone as much as for anyone--similar to how I feel when I vote for President, sigh...

Maybe Burnett got tired of the pettiness after crap like Jerri basically being annoyed that Colby didn't go for her sexually...

Just speculation, however, Brandon seemed to have a definite idea of how a responsible juror acts and I'm not at all sure that was the case in Survivor One!

As a sidenote--I don't expext any Soozin speeches. The jury gets to ask questions--says so on CBS website, probably just like S2--no speeches. Too bad. What a great moment of TV that vitriolic speech made...

01-10-02, 00:39 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: BREAKING NEWS !!re: Lockbox"
LAST EDITED ON 01-10-02 AT 09:57 AM (EST)

>Let's face it, a number of
>the prior jury votes were
>against someone as much as
>for anyone--similar to how I
>feel when I vote for
>President, sigh...
>
>Maybe Burnett got tired of the
>pettiness after crap like Jerri
>basically being annoyed that Colby
>didn't go for her sexually...
>
HEAR HEAR! I have no problem with each jurist deciding for himself or herself what constitutes playing the game the best, but as great TV as it made Susan's speech was just sour grapes (she was right that Kelly would probably have won had she taken Sue to the final two, though), and Jerri begging for an apology was just pathetic (but because it was her it was enjoyable TV watching Colby and Tina leave her hanging). As well, Greg's "pick a number" made him as much a bad sport as Susan, IMO. Let's hope the jury has been instructed, perhaps even supplied with a list to help them, to actually have a constructive "trial" question to pose to the final two. If nothing else, Survivor: Africa would have a saving grace at the finish.

"If all machines were to be annihilated at one moment, so that not a knife nor lever nor rag of clothing nor anything whatsoever were left to man but his bare body alone that he was born with, and if all knowledge of mechanical laws were taken from him so that he could make no more machines, and all machine-made food destroyed so that the race of man should be left as it were naked upon a desert island, we should become extinct in six weeks. A few miserable individuals might linger, but even these in a year or two would become worse than monkeys." (Samuel Butler, "Erewhon")

SadAddict 3 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

01-10-02, 01:18 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SadAddict Click to send private message to SadAddict Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: BREAKING NEWS !!re: Lockbox"
Sorry to break the continuity of the thread but I have a question that has been bugging me for a while.

Do the jury members get to see what happens in the game after they have been voted off?

If they are shown then how? Surely MB is not able to show them a taped version of the on-going events, right?.

So what info do they get and from whom?

I am presuming that as a new member of the jury enters they spill the beans as to what has happened over the last 3 days. So when Theresa arrived only she was able to relay the antics of LET, that is in her, shall we say potentially biased version of events. Would she be totally up-front as to her attempts to be the ultimate manipulator?

I'm just thinking that for the first few jury members (Kelly, Brandon.....) to have full knowleage as to how the game has been played by various players since they were ousted, and so aid them in making their final-two decision, they would have to have had all events relayed to them, right?

But how?

And by whom?

Cheers

01-10-02, 01:31 AM (EST)
9. "RE: BREAKING NEWS !!re: Lockbox"
Unfortunately, no, the jurists not only cannot witness anything that happens after they are sent to the jury, they are prohibited from discussing with later booties what happened while they were still in the game, all they get to base their decisions on is what transpires during tribal council.

SadAddict 3 desperate attention whore postings

01-10-02, 01:34 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SadAddict Click to send private message to SadAddict Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: BREAKING NEWS !!re: Lockbox"
No way! I didn't realise that.

What kind of addict am I? The shame of it!

Cheers

JohnMc 2679 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

01-10-02, 10:45 AM (EST)
Click to EMail JohnMc Click to send private message to JohnMc Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: BREAKING NEWS !!re: Lockbox"
So, we know that they jurors aren't SUPPOSED to tell what happened once they get booted. But how do you explain TBird telling Kelly that she cast the Lex vote that got Kelly booted? Or how about Brandon saying that Frank switched his vote so they could vote out Kelly instead of Lex? Isn't that a violation of the rules?

Naked 887 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

01-10-02, 11:58 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Naked Click to send private message to Naked Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: BREAKING NEWS !!re: Lockbox"
<<< Greg's "pick a number" made him as much a bad sport as
Susan >>>

Dabo,

In further interviews Greg stated that he was always going to vote for Richard, and that was just a little side joke. Greg's pick a number bit was the event that blew my mind in S1, becuase the whole game of Survivor is about dealing with people, and this was a very human reaction by someone. I personally hope that they do not sterilize the jury by making it too much like a court situation. The humanity of the game is why I am watching, and why I believe that America is watching also (America's still watching right?)

Naked

01-11-02, 00:14 AM (EST)
23. "RE: BREAKING NEWS !!re: Lockbox"
Well, I didn't know that about Greg, thanks for clearing that up. I still don't like it when the jurists don't take their duties seriously, though; I think it would be much more interesting if they all thought of interesting questions forcing the final two to come up with the answers. Greg's numbers game was not amusing, though Jeff tried to put the best face on it that he could. Sean bumbling around making a statement about basically that Kelly and Richard were in the final two and he wasn't, that was amusing.

heymikey 238 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

01-10-02, 01:37 AM (EST)
Click to EMail heymikey Click to send private message to heymikey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: BREAKING NEWS !!re: Lockbox"
I think the final tribal council will be done live, which means that the contestants will have to vote during the live broadcast. Therefore, there is no lockbox.

01-10-02, 01:44 AM (EST)
12. "What!"
They get to vote after watching the final two talk about them in all those private confessionals! All bets are off!

Seriously, where did you hear this?

heymikey 238 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

01-10-02, 07:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail heymikey Click to send private message to heymikey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: What!"
I actually made the thing up. They said there were going to be changes so I thought this would be the "change" they keep on talking about.

sleeeve 3456 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

01-10-02, 01:59 AM (EST)
Click to EMail sleeeve Click to send private message to sleeeve Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: BREAKING NEWS !!re: Lockbox"
Last season, I suggested this scenario... it's how I would do it if I were Mark Burnett:

-Each jury member casts vote, and then leaves the TC area permanently.

-As Jeff Probst leaves to tally the votes, all non-essential crew members evacuate the area, leaving 2-3 camera people, 1-2 sound ops, a producer, Jeff, the psychologist, and the two finalists. (A total of 10 people maximum).

-The finals votes are revealed, so that the audience still gets to see the reaction of winning after 39 long arduous days (biggeest complaint about live reveal).

-Only 10 people are sworn to keep the final secret.

Recall: In S1, there were about 120 people that knew the winner BEFORE the editing began... MB feared leaks, because 120 people is a lot to watch out for. In S2, 20 people (editors, producers, etc) knew who won AT THE TIME OF THE LIVE SHOW, but no one knew who won until two weeks prior to that show... the above provides a nice middle ground, where only a few must keep the secret, but the live aspect can be avoided.

Again... this is pure speculation.

You never know what might be up my sleeeve...

weltek 16936 desperate attention whore postings

01-10-02, 09:18 AM (EST)
Click to EMail weltek Click to send private message to weltek Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "Only one problem"
The only problem I see with your theory, sleeeve, is that the jury members would talk after the show and figure out who won. We discussed that when debating the lockbox theory in S2. So bump that number up from 10....

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

01-10-02, 10:15 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: BREAKING NEWS !!re: Lockbox"
They keep stressing it will be done different than either S1 or S2. Bryant was very cryptical when he talked about it this morning. He said it will be done different but it was a neat idea. He just hoped it would work. Why would he worry it wouldn't work?

TwinkyDik 24 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

01-10-02, 10:49 AM (EST)
Click to EMail TwinkyDik Click to send private message to TwinkyDik Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: BREAKING NEWS !!re: Lockbox"
Here's an Idea...
Everyone has to vote in Africa.
Then at the live revealing they have to reveal their votes personally and give their reasons there and then. This would mean no questions aimed at one player (ie: Lex) that would give the impression that he was going to lose before the votes were revealed.
Well?

blimey 7 desperate attention whore postings

01-10-02, 01:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail blimey Click to send private message to blimey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: BREAKING NEWS !!re: Lockbox"

This post closes a loop for me. The comment made by Kelly (do not have acutal quote) that she knew who won has been bugging me. I've been thinking this means that the choice was obvious for example an Ethan vs Kim showdown. She may have participated in a group/jury type vote or somehow the change in the voting gave her the final winner and the winner is not necessarily an obvious one.

minor I know but this is bugging me...

Bebo 21083 desperate attention whore postings

01-10-02, 02:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: BREAKING NEWS !!re: Lockbox"
I wonder if they're trying to do some sort of spectacular production, maybe with Jeff P. on a live feed from Africa revealing the results of the final vote. After all, last time they had that stupid helicopter sequence, so it wouldn't be too much of a stretch, plus it could give them a chance to throw some more beautiful footage/shots of animals going to the bathroom/whatever into the program.

It would explain why there are concerns whether they can pull it off. If there were feed problems, then they'd have to have a fallback where they could reveal the votes even though Jeff wasn't there.

And since icky Bryant does the recap show, they wouldn't need Probst there in person.

coyotedean 12 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

01-10-02, 06:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail coyotedean Click to send private message to coyotedean Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: BREAKING NEWS !!re: Lockbox"
Brandon said it was like a real jury...

MAYBE THE WINNER MUST BE UNNANIMOUS!!!!

Fashionista007 34 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

01-12-02, 12:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Fashionista007 Click to send private message to Fashionista007 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: BREAKING NEWS !!re: Lockbox"
LAST EDITED ON 01-12-02 AT 12:28 PM (EST)

The winner WOULD HAVE been UNANIMOUS. If you recall when Kim P. and Brandon went to vote they said "Well I was going to vote for Ethan..." this would have made the vote 7-0!!

**And by the way, thanks for all your posts, I finally have a flaming thread!!**

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •