The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Not So Move of the Week: Episode One"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Amazing Race Basher Forum (Protected)
Original message

magic_star 2400 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

05-30-03, 06:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail magic_star Click to send private message to magic_star Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Not So Move of the Week: Episode One"
Every week I'm going to list about five to seven horrible decisions, events, or movements by teams that would be considered pathetic.

I'll list them here for you to vote on. The one that gets the most votes each week will be entered into the Not So Move of the Season vote which will take place at the end of the season.
I believe there are thirteen episodes, so there will be thirteen choices at the end of the season.

Your episode one choices are:

1.David/Jeff get lost in their home city, Los Angeles, on their way to the airport. This move causes them to be put on the last plane.

2.Russell/Cindy, Amanda/Chris, and Millie/Chuck don't ask what time the planes arrive in Milan. This minor flaw gets them on the second plane instead of the first.

3.Jon/Al and Kelly/Jon snatch the 4:00 tickets immediately, getting them on the second bus.

4.Debra/Steve can't decide if they want a hotel room or not. They leave for two hours, come back, and can't get a room.

5.Monica/Sheree use the Fast Forward although they were in no danger of elimination.

6.Tian/Jaree stop for coffee when they could be doing other things like trying to keep from being eliminated.

7.Debra/Steve choose to do rescue instead of search. Debra suffers badly through the challenge and they get eliminated.

This vote will close Wednesday 8:00 PM EST.

T-Mac hits the three! Magic Win! Magic Win!

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Not So Move of the Week: Episod... dajaki 05-30-03 1
 RE: Not So Move of the Week: Episod... Waruv 05-30-03 2
 RE: Not So Move of the Week: Episod... Bebo 05-30-03 3
 RE: Not So Move of the Week: Episod... DEVILRAYS 05-30-03 4
 RE: Not So Move of the Week: Episod... 712 05-31-03 5
 RE: Not So Move of the Week: Episod... TeamJoisey 05-31-03 6
 RE: Not So Move of the Week: Episod... magic_star 05-31-03 7
 RE: Not So Move of the Week: Episod... okdebi 05-31-03 8
 RE: Not So Move of the Week: Episod... thelastboyscout 05-31-03 9
 RE: Not So Move of the Week: Episod... Femme 05-31-03 10
   RE: Not So Move of the Week: Episod... rockluver 05-31-03 11
 RE: Not So Move of the Week: Episod... mtopaz 05-31-03 12
 RE: Not So Move of the Week: Episod... kpod 05-31-03 13
 RE: Not So Move of the Week: Episod... minitroll 05-31-03 14
 RE: Not So Move of the Week: Episod... survivorscott 05-31-03 15
 RE: Not So Move of the Week: Episod... MsShel330 05-31-03 16
 RE: Not So Move of the Week: Episod... Janer 05-31-03 17
   RE: Not So Move of the Week: Episod... TeamJoisey 06-01-03 18
   RE: Not So Move of the Week: Episod... Silvergirl1 06-01-03 19
 RE: Not So Move of the Week: Episod... laureli 06-01-03 20
 It's not #5 realitybites 06-01-03 21
 RE: Not So Move of the Week: Episod... PlumBlossom 06-02-03 22
 RE: Not So Move of the Week: Episod... wildchickenhunter 06-02-03 23
 RE: Not So Move of the Week: Episod... managerr 06-02-03 24
 RE: Not So Move of the Week: Episod... mikey 06-02-03 25

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

dajaki 1454 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

05-30-03, 06:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dajaki Click to send private message to dajaki Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Not So Move of the Week: Episode One"
Great idea Magic Star!

My vote is for #5. Monica and Sheree jumped the gun on the Fast Forward. This will definitely come back to haunt them.

Waruv 69 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

05-30-03, 06:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Waruv Click to send private message to Waruv Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Not So Move of the Week: Episode One"
Give me some #5 on that list. The rest will not effect the future of the race, except Debra/Steve not doing search which is completely understandable when near the end. Go for the faster route is usually the best, although the slower may have been the winning path. The NFL Wives use of a Fast Forward in this horrible situation (A 2 hour head start with one major obstacle left, ahead of Debra/Steve and Tian/Jaree, although if applied they could have threatened), which could put them at a soon demise.
---
"Listen: People are always saying, 'Rickey says Rickey.' But it's been blown way out of proportion. People might catch me, when they know I'm ticked off, saying, 'Rickey, what the heck are you doing, Rickey?' They say, 'Darn, Rickey, what are you saying Rickey for? Why don't you just say, 'I?' But I never did. I always said, 'Rickey,' and it become something for people to joke about."
--Rickey Henderson

Bebo 21083 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-30-03, 07:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Not So Move of the Week: Episode One"
No contest - #5 Monica/Sheree and the FF.

Bebo, Mistress of the Painfully Obvious and your American Idol PTTE co-champ

DEVILRAYS 398 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

05-30-03, 10:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail DEVILRAYS Click to send private message to DEVILRAYS Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Not So Move of the Week: Episode One"
I vote 7 because it got them eliminated...Monica and Sheree can still hang on.

712 356 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

05-31-03, 00:37 AM (EST)
Click to EMail 712 Click to send private message to 712 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Not So Move of the Week: Episode One"
5. WORST use of FF since Rob and Brennan in TAR1.
Oh wait...

TeamJoisey 3558 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

05-31-03, 00:38 AM (EST)
Click to EMail TeamJoisey Click to send private message to TeamJoisey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Not So Move of the Week: Episode One"

#5.

This wasted FF is possibly the stupidiest decision in the history of The Amazing Race.

True, Rob and Brennan won the first race despite using the FF in the first leg. But no one could forsee the bunching points that eliminate any time gained. Now we know better.

Anyone who goes on the show now ought to know the FF is useful for only two reasons: catapulting out of danger, or a mid-race exhaustion break. Sheronica had no reason to use it, and every reason to save it.

STUPIDEST.MOVE.EVER.

These reality show contestants need a reality check!

magic_star 2400 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

05-31-03, 01:52 AM (EST)
Click to EMail magic_star Click to send private message to magic_star Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Not So Move of the Week: Episode One"
I guess I'll go with Monica/Sheree(5), but not exactly for the same reasons as everyone else.

T-Mac hits the three! Magic Win! Magic Win!

okdebi 107 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

05-31-03, 01:55 AM (EST)
Click to EMail okdebi Click to send private message to okdebi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Not So Move of the Week: Episode One"
I'm going to go with #5 also, that was just plain dumb. However, #2 is a close second for me.. those teams showed a serious lack of judgement that could have hurt them by not checking what times the planes arrived at their destination. Hope they don't stay that sloppy!

thelastboyscout 22 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

05-31-03, 09:08 AM (EST)
Click to EMail thelastboyscout Click to send private message to thelastboyscout Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Not So Move of the Week: Episode One"
#5 Misuse of the FF. no advantageous change in the team standing of the NFL moms.

Femme 3621 desperate attention whore postings

05-31-03, 10:23 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Femme Click to send private message to Femme Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Not So Move of the Week: Episode One"
Well, as retarded as it was for Debra and Steve to do the Rescue, I think Monica and Sheree taking the fast forward when they did will come back to haunt them.

Femme

"All right Ramblers, let's get ramblin'."

rockluver 198 desperate attention whore postings

05-31-03, 11:52 AM (EST)
Click to EMail rockluver Click to send private message to rockluver Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Not So Move of the Week: Episode One"
#5. Whats the point of using a FF when thers no RoadBlock?

mtopaz 2167 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

05-31-03, 01:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mtopaz Click to send private message to mtopaz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Not So Move of the Week: Episode One"
Gotta go with the general concensus - #5. Shermon -- What a complete waste of your one and only FF in the entire race. Your bus is two hours ahead of the the last bus - two whole hours to complete the task ahead of you!!! And you use your FF so when you really need it, it won't be there for you? I predict this team will not last much longer.

Mmmm Topaz

kpod 125 desperate attention whore postings

05-31-03, 01:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kpod Click to send private message to kpod Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Not So Move of the Week: Episode One"
LAST EDITED ON 05-31-03 AT 01:40 PM (EST)

In ascending order of not-so-ness:

4. Irrelevant to the race, this was really just Debra/Steve's Gina/Sylvia moment.
6. Looks to me like they were committed to waiting for the cab at that point.
7. Easy to second guess, but from the description Search would have involved at least a mile of hiking even if the detector led them straight to it. They were dead, they knew it, might as well go out the fun way.
2. Could have been costly, but wasn't.
5. They beat Steve/Dave to the finish, which tells me they probably only missed the Hawaii trip by a few minutes. Such is the difference between genius and foolishness, but enough to gain a little sympathy from me.
3. Would be my vote if we knew that the racers were given the three ticket times in the clue. There's some evidence they were, but I'll give them the benefit of the doubt.
My vote: #1. Just pathetic. There is hope, though: Derek & Drew didn't exactly wow anyone with their IQ in their first leg either

minitroll 3901 desperate attention whore postings

05-31-03, 03:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail minitroll Click to send private message to minitroll Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Not So Move of the Week: Episode One"
Add me to the long list of #5's. Stupid, stupid, stupid. They were in no danger, and they will need it later. This team doesn't seem like it will last very long.

survivorscott 2191 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

05-31-03, 05:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail survivorscott Click to send private message to survivorscott Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Not So Move of the Week: Episode One"
Cinco de uhOh

unless you are last you don't need it in the first leg.

Come in a stranger,leave a little stranger

MsShel330 695 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

05-31-03, 08:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MsShel330 Click to send private message to MsShel330 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Not So Move of the Week: Episode One"
I hate to be part of a crowd, but I have to say #5 Monica and Sheree using the FF. It's almost as if they'd never seen the show before.

Janer 12 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

05-31-03, 08:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Janer Click to send private message to Janer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Not So Move of the Week: Episode One"
Long time lurker, first time poster. The sheer stupidity of Monica/Sheree forces me to write. Far and away the worst move of the night.

TeamJoisey 3558 desperate attention whore postings

06-01-03, 00:50 AM (EST)
Click to EMail TeamJoisey Click to send private message to TeamJoisey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Not So Move of the Week: Episode One"

Stop that lurking. Post away!!

These reality show contestants need a reality check!

Silvergirl1 9342 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

06-01-03, 01:13 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Silvergirl1 Click to send private message to Silvergirl1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Not So Move of the Week: Episode One"

Welcome to the boards, Janer. Make yourself at home.

My vote is also for #5.

Silvergirl

Transportation made possible by Ice Cat creations.

laureli 152 desperate attention whore postings

06-01-03, 02:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail laureli Click to send private message to laureli Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Not So Move of the Week: Episode One"
My vote is a toss up between #7 and #5.

Obviously Steve/Debra's choice of Rescue had a bad result, they might have made up precious time getting back by using snowmobiles. As long as it took Tian/Jaree to walk, it just might have made the difference.

However, one simply can't ignore the total waste of a FF. I, along with practically the entire ARS membership, sat and watched in horror as Monica/Sheree made that decision.

realitybites 1174 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

06-01-03, 05:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail realitybites Click to send private message to realitybites Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "It's not #5"
I'm voting for #1, though I would have picked Debra & Steve's decision not to go for the FF (not listed) above it. I choose to look from the perspective of what they SHOULD have done, rather than what would have happened if they did it.

PlumBlossom 679 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

06-02-03, 12:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PlumBlossom Click to send private message to PlumBlossom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: Not So Move of the Week: Episode One"

wildchickenhunter 3192 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

06-02-03, 01:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail wildchickenhunter Click to send private message to wildchickenhunter Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: Not So Move of the Week: Episode One"
Monica/Sheree use the Fast Forward although they were in no danger of elimination.

I thought this was a terrible move.....Really bad play. HAve these two never watched the game before...Unless you are about to be eliminated save the FF....

managerr 1959 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

06-02-03, 01:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail managerr Click to send private message to managerr Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: Not So Move of the Week: Episode One"
Definitely #5.

In regards to #7, Debra/Steve and the non-athletic teams definitely should have done "search". Although, in previous editions of TAR, the more "scary" option is usually the faster one. Normally "Hike Down the Mountain" doesn't sound so bad--until you remember the altitude. I know I forgot about it.

mikey 1150 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

06-02-03, 02:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mikey Click to send private message to mikey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: Not So Move of the Week: Episode One"
#5:

TWWWWEEEETTTTT! Yellow flag

Personal foul, squandering a fast forward, fifteen yard penalty, repeat first down.

(Referee makes "choke" signal).

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •